Old 04-03-2018, 09:38 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 291.1/ticker/161

Height: 5'11.5"

Cheryl: Way to go getting back into the workout swing of things! Sounds like a good sweat session, good in the same way muscles get sore I haven’t noticed a serious lag, but my internet in general has been pretty slow lately, so maybe there is one and I’m just associating it with my wonderful internet?

Good morning everyone. Today is a fasting day and a PT day. I had to bring Loki to the vet this morning because she caught one of her claws on a tree root during our walk. The timing should work out well so that I’ll be able to run to the market after PT to pick up some low calorie veggies and berries to snack on throughout the day, and then pick the pup up from the vet and get all of our running around done for the day by noon. Following all of that with a day of chores- laundry and vacuuming and cleaning, oh my!

3/31: 275.4
GW: 269

Week 1:
4/1: 276.6 (+1.2)
4/2: 277.2 (+0.6)
4/3: 276.4 (-0.8)
4/4:
4/5:
4/6:
4/7:
RunningRedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 10:58 AM   #17  
Gizmo

RunningRedHead hope Loki's paw is ok. Sounds like a busy day for you. Hope your first low-calorie day on IF goes well.

jamsk8r quite a good workout you had there. I agree that sweating when exercising feels good. I'm even disappointed if I don't sweat a lot during a workout.

Just a quick check-in. My physio appointment this morning was at 8:30am and I just could not get up early to exercise after waking up at 2am and not falling back asleep until about 4:30am. Since this is a 5-day challenge for me this week, this will be a rest day. Physio went well. I have to buy a heating pad, a stress ball and a band for my forearm. And of course I have a series of exercises to do each day. When the physiotherapist tested my grip strength with a dynamometre, I was very weak with my arm extended (not to mention the pain). She did say that I can continue lifting weights, as long as there isn't pain, so I'm happy, and just like with my Achile's tendon, I'm confident that this will get better.

Have a great day everyone!
Martine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 06:52 AM   #18  
mossfootrunner!

S/C/G: 126kg/93kg/70kg

Height: 162cm(ish)

2018:
Jan 1: 264
Jan 8: 260
Jan 15: 258
Jan 22: 256
Jan 29: 254
Feb 8: 251
Feb 14: 248
Feb 21: 248
Feb 28: 246
Mar 7: 242
Mar 14: 241
Mar 21: 238
Mar 28: 236
Apr 4: 234

Okay, here's the raw numbers. I'll update with personals later. I have no idea how it happened- really , it's a miracle, but I weighed in at 106kg exactly this morning, right on schedule. Had to get off and on again, because I just didn't believe it. Have also walked home from work (about 8k, I think?) twice this week so far. I'm Knackered!
Magicsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 10:54 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Good morning

Can't believe it's Wednesday already but here we are.

opheliaphoenix: Good luck with the temporary housing for Mr. H. Hopefully some of the : that enabled him to find a house so quickly remain and that his stay with you and your family is brief. I think it's because I'm single that I have a difficult time with others being in my "space". You and your husband are very generous indeed.

Martine: I'm glad your physio appointment went well. And good news regarding Hopefully with the physio exercises and lifting you'll see improvement steadily.

Magicsusan: on the scale drop . What a fantastic surprise. Sometimes it takes awhile and/or a plateau to see the results we want.

RunningRedHead: When I read your comment regarding Loki all I could think was, "ow, ow, ow!". I hope she's alright and no damage was done. Wishing you well as you begin IF.

jamsk8r: There is something gratifying about sweating profusely during a For some reason it makes me feel so accomplished.
It's been a busy week so far and it seems like spring has truly arrived. I've adapted to the time change for the most part and I'm enjoying these longer days. My ankle has returned to normal and I'm walking correctly so I'm grateful and happy. Wishing everyone a lovely day!
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 03:35 PM   #20  

Martine: Loki’s paw is okay, apparently when it split it was close to the quick, so it looked much worse (and bloodier) than it actually was She got a nice new bone and a couple of new toys to make up for the trip to the vet Glad to hear your PT appointment went well and that you can still exercise

Magicsusan: Way to go!

Curvy: Thanks! It’s funny how anything to do with nails causes a lot of people to cringe. She’s doing alright, out and about running around and a simple pedicure seemed to do the trick Glad to hear your ankle is doing better!

It really sunk in yesterday that i only have a little over two weeks left to lose another three pounds. I managed to drink 5.5L yesterday, food included coffee and egg whites for brunch and salmon with a big green salad and lemon juice for dinner, which totaled about 510 calories. I did well with the fasting until about 9pm when I suddenly felt ravenous and out of control… and then my beautiful, OP 510 calories turned into 1200 before I regained control of myself and stopped. I drank another bit of water, called it a day, and went to bed beating myself up. Live and learn or something like that, right?

I did actually manage to learn a few things in my (failed) attempt to make yesterday a fasting day, though. Sorry for the impending wall of text:

1- Fasting days will be on days that I don’t have early morning appointments.
2- It will work better to save all of the calories for dinner and not eat mini meals during the day prior to that, as i think it made me more hungry throughout the day than I would have been had i just not eaten anything (other than my ).
3- I did okay yesterday until I got home from rehearsal at 9pm and binged, so I think having fasting days on non-rehearsal days will be a good plan until I can break that habit of eating a snack after rehearsal (it’s an 8-year-old bad habit that I need to change).
4- I naively went into this thinking that having set fasting days would be possible, however I now realize that as my schedule changes, the days I choose to fast may have to change as well. With all of this shiny new knowledge on board, I moved my fasting day to today, and the second one will probably be on Saturday.

Thanks for reading all of this rambling.

Here’s to a month of experimenting to find out what works and what doesn’t

Week 1:
4/4: 274.8 (-1.6)
4/5:
4/6:
4/7:
Old 04-04-2018, 06:21 PM   #21  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Sorry I missed yesterday...just making a quick catch-up post and will get back to personals tomorrow!

Weigh-in was up a little yesterday, but back down today at 186.0. The scale seemed to fluctuate back and forth over a full pound earlier, so I feel like it could easily show a gain tomorrow because it seemed so finicky today. Not sure what's up with it. It was certainly discouraging at first to step on the scale after a fasting day and see a gain at first...bodies (and scales!) are weird, lol. I feel like I am fighting tooth and nail for every ounce in this pound range yet again...I'm thinking I need to try something new on the fitness side of things to shake things up -- that, and be more careful of sodium intake and such, since I seem to be struggling with water retention so much in the last 15 lbs or so. Until I get things figured out, I have decided to skip my next main DietBet that started this week and will just focus on finishing up with the one I am currently in.

Week One
01: 187.4
02: 186.2
03: 186.6
04: 186.0
05:
06:
07:
----------------------------
Total Loss for Week One:

opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 07:30 PM   #22  
Gizmo

Magicsusan sometimes it's best not to question how things happen and just enjoy the new number on the scale and keep on walking

curvynotlumpy glad your ankle has fully healed and you can enjoy walking in Spring weather. It *was* Spring here yesterday, but now temperatures are dropping fast and we may see snow on Friday (we did get a bit of snow overnight, but most of it melted away because it rained all day). And about you thinking it may be because you are single that you have a difficult time with people being in your space, I'm not single and I must say that other than my family and friends visiting once in a while, I enjoy a quiet home with just David and me (and Loki).

RunningRedHead glad Loki is doing well. And please don't beat yourself up over 1200 calories. Be kind to yourself. This is your first week of intermittent fasting and you won't have the perfect combination right away. Sounds like you're already learning from this one day.

opheliaphoenix I think it's a smart choice to wait for your next Diet Bet. Plateaus are a pain but you are persevering and results always come with that mindset. I wouldn't be here still exercising regularly after 6 weeks if I didn't believe that eventually something positive will come of it.

I got back to my 5-day challenge today after finishing work. I was dreading this workout, 4 X 20-seconds HIIT exercises followed by 2 X 20-seconds intervals of core work, and repeat for an hour or so. I was so worried that being out of breath I wouldn't be able to do the core exercises that I didn't push myself to the fullest during some of the HIIT exercises. Anyway I made it through, tomorrow will be a kind of workout I enjoy more. Now to relax and try to get a better night's sleep (cause this pattern of waking up after 4 hours asleep and taking 1 1/2-2 hours to fall back asleep is annoying to say the least).

01: 1h HIIT and lower body workout
02: 1h02 minutes cardio and upper body weightlifting
03:
04: 1h02 HIIT and core workout

Last edited by Martine; 04-05-2018 at 07:01 AM.
Old 04-04-2018, 08:33 PM   #23  

Casey: Switching up your workouts sounds like a great way to “jumpstart” your weight loss again, plus it sounds like a fun way to avoid the status quo so to speak Skipping the next Diet Bet sounds sensible until you figure out the sodium bloat/retention shenanigans.

Martine: I was upset with the 1200 yesterday when I went to bed, but woke up feeling better about it today. I still had a loss on the scale and I met my water goal, so I consider yesterday a win. Glad to hear your workout today went better than you thought. I hope you have better luck tonight getting some decent rest
Old 04-05-2018, 09:25 AM   #24  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/137.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Smile

Thanks for starting this thread, Curvy! Good Luck, Everyone!

SW: 206.2 CW: 205.8 (- .4) GW: 196.2

1. No Weigh In. Out of Town.
2. No Weigh In. Out of Town.
3. No Weigh In. Out of Town.
4. No Weigh In. Out of Town.
5. 206.2
6. 206.2
7. 205.4 (- .8)
8. 205.4 (- .8)
9. No Weigh In.
10. No Weigh In.
11. No Weigh In.
12. 203.8 (- 2.4)
13. No Weigh In.
14. 203.8 (- 2.4)
15. No Weigh In.
16. No Weigh In.
17. No Weigh In.
18. No Weigh In.
19. No Weigh In. Out of Town.
20. No Weigh In. Out of Town.
21. No Weigh In. Out of Town.
22. No Weigh In. Out of Town.
23. No Weigh In. Out of Town.
24. No Weigh In.
25. No Weigh In.
26. No Weigh In.
27. No Weigh In.
28. 206.8 (+ .6)
29. 205.8 (- .4)
30. No Weigh In.

TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS: - .4 LBS

Last edited by VickieLou; 05-01-2018 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Add Information and Weigh In.
VickieLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 10:14 AM   #25  
Cupcake lover

S/C/G: 270/260/135

Height: 5'5

Do y’all have room for slackers?
gulfmagnolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 10:34 AM   #26  

gulfmagnolia: back to the thread! How have you been?

Good morning everybody. The scale was fluctuating back and forth between 274 and 277 before finally settling on 275, so who knows what the heck it will be tomorrow. I was expecting a little bit of a better number with a diet day yesterday, but I’m not complaining (too loudly ), after all, it’s better than where I started, right?
I did manage to get a little over 4L of water in yesterday. The wind is brutal here today, but I’m still planning on getting out for a nice long walk with Loki… we’ll probably just end up at one of the parks with a lot of trees to break the wind. Have a great day everyone!

Week 1:
4/5: 275.2 (+0.4)
4/6:
4/7:
Old 04-05-2018, 06:27 PM   #27  
Gizmo

A big hello to VickieLou and gulfmagnolia Hope both of you are in good spirits

RunningRedHead here too winds have been crazy since yesterday afternoon. The winds were so strong that is was hard driving the car home after work yesterday. Hope you enjoy your walk with Loki.

Day 4 of this challenge done. It was more of my kind of workout, part HIIT and part weightlifting. Though there was a bit of yoga at the end for a cool down and I did not enjoy that part. I can't do a lot of the moves and it's frustrating. For day 5 tomorrow, it's going to be a total body workout. I'm trying to push myself to jump more on these moves. I can do about 10-12 jumping jacks and squat jumps and now I've added split jumps (though not very wide for now). Trying to burn more calories to get this darn scale moving.

03:
05: 55 minutes HIIT and upper body weightlifting
Old 04-06-2018, 09:12 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 199/154/125

Height: 5'3"

Happy April ladies, finally joining this new thread!

Martine, happy day 5 challenge!

RunningRedHead, your attention to water goals is so inspirational. I have been trying to get better about my water, that's one area that needs improvement. How are you liking the 5:2 IF? I haven't tried IF yet because I am still a snacker/frequent eater.

opheliaphoenix, I hear you on the "tooth and nail," it's so strange and frustrating how certain weight ranges and times are harder to get the scale down than others. What new fitness things are you thinking of trying?

So an update on how things are going for me -- that frustrating 2 weeks when the scale was not moving turned out to be PMS-related. After AF started I got an immediate whoosh of 2 lbs, and then a couple of days later another 2 lbs. So now I'm weighing in at 183.0! I kept doing everything "right" with exercise (3x/week Zumba + a little weight lifting here and there) and diet (shifted from lazy keto to tracking macros and calorie counting with the Carb Manager app). I am hoping that by the end of April I will be able to get in to the 170s, that's the goal!
jazzfan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 10:54 AM   #29  
Gizmo

jazzfan22 aren't wooshes great? You stuck it out and finally got over that plateau. The 170s are totally within your reach this month.

This 5-day challenge is over! I thought it was a total body workout today but actually it was focused on legs. I'm glad I did this challenge, it showed me that I can work up to an hour at a time (if I want to).

Hope everyone will enjoy a great day!

03:
05: 55 minutes HIIT and upper body weightlifting
06: 55 minutes HIIT and lower body workout
Old 04-06-2018, 12:37 PM   #30  

Jazzfan22: Water used to be one of my weaknesses, so i started focusing on it last month as a goal and then really focusing on it when my Diet Bet started on 3/19. I've noticed that it’s tough for me to get all 4L in on fasting days as it makes me nauseous if I drink a lot of water on an empty stomach.. it’s been like that for as long as I can remember. Trying to come up with no-calorie non-plain-water options for diet days. I like IF so far, but it’s definitely a learning experience. I'm intrigued by your zumba workouts I might add those to my list of things to try out. Great job staying OP despite not seeing results right away; it seems to have definitely paid off!

Martine: The wind was brutal, but the walk was great Way to go getting your workouts in you’ve inspired me to scour the internet and pick my PT’s brain for exercises I can do for a home workout. I have to check with her today if I can go back to doing some yoga.

VickieLou: Welcome back! Hope all is well

I guess the fluctuations closer to 277 yesterday were probably more accurate than the 275. I’m scheduling my second fast day to tomorrow since I have to work and it will keep me busy and distracted. I just need to figure out what to bring with me to work and really plan out my diet day so I can avoid a second fail. I’m hoping once I get the hang of this that I’ll be able to switch to a 4:3 from a 5:2, but I’ll be aiming on perfecting the 5:2 for this month. Hope everyone has a happy Friday!

Week 1:
4/5: 275.2 (+0.4)
4/6: 277.2 (+2.0)
4/7: