3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 100 lb. Club

Old 01-03-2018, 02:56 PM   #61
Diane

S/C/G: 294/265.4/180

Height: 5'6"

Lemonthyme: How nice that the shorts are fitting well!!! You aren't wasting your time in sewing them then and I'll bet they will look great! I feel the same way as you do about the new people to the site, but more so about the new people I see at the gym. I know it gets more crowded this time of year, and then it slacks off. I don't love it crowded, but it also makes me sad when people fade away. I'd rather see the successes.

Lilion: Your son is going to love his care package! That's so cool. I kind of do the same thing with my son in that I save leftovers for him, and give him desserts and stuff. For me, though, I can just give it to him when he comes over rather than having to mail it. My daughter has really improved on her decisions, but then something like this comes up and you wonder if she listens at all!!

Laurie: It is an endless battle, finding that balanced mix of getting stuff done at work, family time, and gym time. And then to do so without beating yourself up for neglecting one area. Ugh!! Hopefully you can fit in some gym time soon. I know how it feels when you can't get some good workouts in!

For me, I changed the batteries in the scale and weighed again today. Still at the same as yesterday, so I will take it! I agree, Laurie, that it was probably all of the holiday retention more than real weight gain/loss. But, it does look better than it was, that's for sure. I went to the gym this morning and did the spin class. It was good, but hard! I'm a little sore from yesterday's weights, so it was a struggle. I'll go tomorrow and do some weights. I thought about going back to Body Pump on Thursdays, but we'll see about that. I do like lifting by myself.

I had some pasta yesterday for lunch. I was ok with calories, but I think that pasta isn't always the best choice. But last night I had a healthy dinner. I've kept within my calorie goal, but I need to be careful of choices at restaurants. I go out to eat with each of my kids one day each week for lunch. I need to watch what I order! But, I'm feeling pretty good about it all. If the weather stays pretty good, I am hoping to do a hike on either Saturday or Sunday. It is cold, but not freezing, and there isn't any snow around, so I could do it. Just have to get out the door!!!
Old 01-04-2018, 09:47 AM   #62

S/C/G: 257/225.2/156

Height: 5' 8"

Tomorrow is my last day of my meds so hopefully back to normal and moving the scale. I’m just kind of holding there and I will admit I’ve had a soda or two which NEVER HELPS. Darn soda - I don’t know why I feel I need it, I can usually go big swaths without it. But I know I’ve not been sleeping well these last few weeks hurrying to get it all done before Christmas and now the trip. I need 10 of me! And one to just relax and not worry. When I worry, I eat - and sadly I always find something to worry about. Mostly in the end it’s usually over a non issue but in my mind I’ve made a huge issue.

So it continues to be horridly cold, school start is on time and the cold just feels like it’s seeping into my house right now. What a mess. I’ll be grateful for the warmer weather - hopefully by next week FL weather is back to what it should be - not the snow and freezing cold it is. I’m hearty but today it’s making me cold and frankly irritable and once you get but by the cold it stays with you all day long.

I’ve got to right my ship with food, with exercise (non existent right now) and with my mood. Today that diet halo has slipped but good. I’m also struggling w a DH that when he food preps a meal, just makes what makes him happy (why not? I get it) but then forgets I’m dieting. And I feel a bit of a heel when I make myself something else or a salad to eat mainly and his minorly. I’m not proclaiming aloud I can’t eat all of it, however sometimes I feel tripped up by his good intentions and then he feels bad seeing me grab something else.

Ok my toes are officially frozen and all I did was open the door and shoo the kids out. It’s -17 f right now. My furnace is running, everyone has heavy exhaust off their houses with the furnaces running so you know it’s cold. I have to get my haircut today but that’s in a few hours so I have a bit more time for it to warm some and then trudge outside to start the car and let it warm.

Just look forward to a new haircut and a warm trip beginning next week. I’ll keep that in my thought process.

Update on my shorts - we’ll yes they fit and then when I tried them on late day to check how I was doing I must have had serious bloat or forgot to check my waist fit. It’s GAPING. Oh dear - take a tuck and life is good. I’m good and glad I’m able to get them to fit and done. Then hopefully the swim fabric will be here today and I can get that done too. Yes I’ll be in the pool even with icicles on my bum.

I’m seeing light with all this travel prep. And yes, once I return I’ll have more projects on my list. By then it’s potting up seeds to get under my lights because spring will be here that I’m sure!

Happy day all!

Last edited by lemonthyme; 01-04-2018 at 09:48 AM.
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 10:50 AM   #63

Greetings all.

I'm not going to complain about the weather here - even though it's a high of 18 today (8 with wind chill) but, it's not a blizzard! In fact, we could use some moisture, even if that's snow. The static electricity off me when I take off my coat could power this building! It's supposed to warm up this weekend. KNOCK ON WOOD!

I WILL complain about my WI this morning - 3 1/2 lbs UP! I know there's been candy in the house but I don't think I've had that much of it. I did have soup late last night - canned chicken noodle with saltines - so I think it's likely water retention, at least in part. My wedding ring was tight this morning and usually it's falling off. Salty soup for lunch today too...but salad for dinner, so hoping the WI tomorrow is kinder.

I'm desperately behind at work, so no time for anything else except a quick fly-by. Be safe and warm everyone!

Last edited by Lilion; 01-04-2018 at 10:50 AM.
Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 02:17 PM   #64
Diane

Lemonthyme: Hopefully all of this stormy weather will get out of Florida before you get there. I'm sure it will, since it is moving out now. I am sure you'll get some warmth when you get there! Glad that you are able to alter the shorts to fit!

Lilion: Yeah, I think most of what you saw for an increase is the water retention. If your wedding ring is snug, that's a sure sign. Maybe try drinking lots of water? I think that helps. I'll cross my fingers for you to have a better WI tomorrow!! No one needs that kind of negativity from our scales!!

For me, I can't complain about the weather much. We have super cold mornings, but then it has been warming up into the 40's. We really could use some snow in the mountains, but otherwise, this is pretty nice weather.

I am still in the honeymoon phase with my scale. I had another good drop this morning. I think the shock to my body of not eating whatever/whenever along with exercising, is making a difference. I also realize that it doesn't always last either. I was hoping for a quick start, so for that, I'm thankful. But still a long way to go. Step by step.

I overslept this morning, so I didn't get to the gym. But, I think I'll go by there after work. I want to get some weight lifting in so that I can do spin tomorrow. I am pretty sore still from Tuesday's weights, so I would like to do something to try to work it out. I know it will be busier, so I'm thinking I might just go to the Body Pump class rather than trying to do my own routine. We'll see how it goes. So far, my eating has been pretty good. I noticed that I really need to be mindful at dinner. If I don't pay attention, my portion sizes get a little too big. And, then the weekend ahead is always a challenge. Overall, I'm feeling pretty good about what I'm doing and getting back on track. I was starting to get some of the old issues I had when I was heavier, and I don't need to go back down that path again. Knees popping and lack of balance is not fun!!
Old 01-05-2018, 09:36 AM   #65

My weigh in isn’t a true one today as it was too cold to want to strip down and redress right away. So I weighed clothed and took off a half pound to accommodate for my pjs.

So my wonky weighin is 226.6

I read of a lot of people’s success and then question my journey. I’m not one that holds my nose to the grindstone persay. I know I have moments of eating non diet anything or having a soda or eating w the Little’s. It is just what it is, but at the same time I can remove a bit and maintain fairly well, it’s just super slow going for me sometimes. No I’m not frustrated but some moments I’d like others great monthly success (I know there is a ton of commitment there). I’m also not exercising well due to just life’s general busyness and the cold weather is not where it’s at to take a daily trek I’ll admit I’m not that hearty!

Anywho - my grumbles this am. My mini idea of a goal is to be able to get on the plane at 222. I’d like 219 but I’m realistic today. My med finishes with this AM dose and I can go back to fasting which I think helps me immensely at least when I look at my body there are areas of thinness that I haven’t seen in ages.

Now once on my trip I have to be careful - I will attempt to fast and I will attempt to eat in my window and I will be walking A LOT as we’ll be to all things popular/magical down south. But we plan for a few ice cream treats along the way. Yes - I know this upfront so I’ll have to walk extra.

And I’ll be on the beach two of my days! Has anyone been to cocoa beach area? We’ll experience both bodies of surrounding waters a few days because i need breaks from all the craziness/family and just enjoy the natural wonders of the world which I find more exciting as a personal preference.

Shorts are done. In the end I discovered my gap issue and ended taking 2” out of the waist. Woot! I think when I initially tried them on I took more interest in how they were fitting over the bum. I haven’t sewn pants in such a long time I think when I cut the fabric I increased 1/2” (as I’d rather be able to take in as adding on doesn’t work too well unless I have excess fabric or money). These were a pattern I hadn’t sewn before and they were a lower rise and I have to accommodate for the size of the bum adding for that. which, when I now try them on they look smashing if I do say so myself and even if I am not at a goal weight - they are making me look slender then I have in a very long time even if it’s only from the side (my front I still see all the misshapeness) - even w that dumb fat pad of a mama belly that is there. So success. I was going to start the suits but because the usps got rid of all the local distribution drops my order travels to all points - Madison to Milwaukee - Milwaukee to Minneapolis - Minneapolis back to bigger city in wi and finally my podunk. And this is cost effective? And it’s a priority bag. I see nothing cost effective in any of that nonsense. As my DH is fond of saying - the government is working hard - to amuse me. Eeyyye.

So I’m getting there. I’m off to the basement to find summer clothes for three of us. Mine are T-shirt’s and the kids both tops and bottoms.

Sorry I’m babbling on about the travels. I’m a bit excited just to be going somewhere and it’s warm so even better with all this cold nonsense. Off to launder and pay bills and be merry today.

Happy day all!

Last edited by lemonthyme; 01-05-2018 at 09:56 AM.
Old 01-05-2018, 11:01 AM   #66

...and UP the scale goes. I somehow have managed to gain FOUR AND 1/2 POUNDS this week. Now...given that it takes 3500 calories to gain a pound, as a general rule, that means I somehow overate more than 15,000 calories this week??? I don't think so. Very annoyed today.

So, my dear Lemon - I'm right there with you. My 39 lbs in the last year (which the stupid surgeon considered rapid) is back to only 35 and it's beyond frustrating. My wedding ring is not THAT tight that it is all water.

So, yeah. Feeling a tad discouraged today. Compounded by the fact that my husband reported a 1 1/2 lb LOSS and HE is the one that ate FOUR tollhouse cookies and FOUR peanut butter balls last night! - and they are 98 calories each! The man has a sweet tooth like a pms-ing teenage girl! And HE loses weight. Bah. Whatever.

On the bright side I've discovered a really decent healthy breakfast. I've always heard of overnight oatmeal, but other than trying a freebie I got from the store, hadn't ever had it. I get so tired of eating the same thing all the time. So I made it (and heated it up at work because cold oatmeal? No thank you.) and it was yummy. Just rolled oats, almond milk, diced apple, cinnamon, a dash of nutmeg, a little honey and a few chopped walnuts. I'd definitely make that again.

I have a healthy salad for lunch too. No idea what I'll have for dinner. We'll figure it out when the time comes I guess. We tend to do that. Maybe chicken tacos. No tortillas, but I can make some...

Well...I'll survive and see what next WI brings. I know I need to start exercising again, but it's SO COLD! Lemon, I envy you your vacation! I could use a nice beach right now.

Diane, Laurie, Toasted and everyone else I'm forgetting -

Last edited by Lilion; 01-05-2018 at 11:02 AM.
Old 01-05-2018, 02:28 PM   #67
Diane

Lemonthyme: Having the weight come off slowly isn't always what we want to see, but I feel like as long as you keep trending downward, it is fine. I know that when mine trended upward, I needed to stop and regroup, rather than ignoring it. I think you have a good mini goal! I like that you're contemplating extra walking, etc, for those extra treats that happen on vacation, but honestly, when you are there, if you are less than perfect with food/exercise, don't stress!! Just enjoy your time. Then, when you get back, you can get back on track!

Lilion: I'm so sorry you are feeling frustrated! That doesn't make sense that it would all be from eating too many calories, so I would bet it is just one of those retention things that happen. Hang in there! Even with a husband who can eat and lose!! Very annoying!! But your oats sound great!!

For me, the scale went up about a pound. That's ok. I don't really know how to react to my weight right now. Overall, I'm still down from Monday, and that's good! Just getting back to some more intense exercise and being better about food has probably confused my body. So, we'll see how it looks on Monday.

I made it to the gym last night and did the Body Pump class. It was pretty hard, but I think that was mainly because I am not used to doing that after work. I was so ready to be home. Then, I went to spin this morning. Tough class today, but now I can go home after work and relax. I want to get in a hike this weekend, so that's my mini goal for the weekend, along with keeping myself in check with food!!!!!!
Old 01-06-2018, 10:02 AM   #68

Well it moved some. For that Iím in the right direction and will see what becomes of the scale by Thursday. I completely forgot I have to make a bday cake before we go yes I know we had a bday happening soon I just spaced on the cake. Fab!

Today will find me undecorating everything I was stressing on before the holidays. Town picks up the trees over the weekend so itís a good recycle project to get done. And it gives my house one less worry for when we are gone. The other day I was driving back into town and here were a bunch to the curb and one persons - caused me to say what the heck. No needles what so ever except at the top. Holy cow. Makes you wonder what heat source it was next to or who got that lucky job of cleanup as it was a short needle tree. oh Lordy can you scream fire hazard?!

So weight - my plans between now and travel are to get back to IF and see if I can keep that 219-222 goal achieveable. Wouldnít that be great?! I think when I last went on this trip I was 264-67. Not one of my finest moments for pictures. And this time my upper arms donít look as full. Yeah! Always a plus to not look like the large woman by her upper arms.

Alright all - have yourself a fabulous day, enjoy your weekend time. I will do personals probably on mon as the kids are keeping me hopping and Iíve a lot to do to finish getting ready. Think yourselves thin!

Old 01-07-2018, 08:43 PM   #69

I forgot to post this am but weekends are usually quiet here so today Im shouting it to myself. Woot! Scale is downward trend and Iíve been pushing water of late so hopefully that helps offset the bday cake I had today and the piece Iíll have tomorrow. Just saying I hope not to trip up too bad.

Hopefully you all had a good weekend. Sewing is almost done one suit yet to go and then fŪn. Bags are loosely packed - will do those when kids are at school the next few days. Iíll be glad to have that done too. Maybe I can sit around and twiddle my thumbs and eat bon bons - no I have a house to clean and vac before we go. I like coming to clean even if itís for a moment as everyone drops everything upon return.

Happy day all and a good start to the week.
Old 01-08-2018, 11:00 AM   #70

Yes, that's TWO HUNDRED SIXTY-SIX...as in, I lost 6 1/2 pounds from Friday to Monday...and on Saturday I exceeded my calories by something like 900 calories, eating HALF a LARGE primo meat pizza from Pizza Hut! Saturday morning I was still at 272. I didn't weigh yesterday.

I just don't get it. It makes no sense. The ONLY thing I can think of that might affect the weigh-ins is my one blood pressure pill has a diuretic in it. I was taking it at night, but recently changed to morning because I'm tired of getting up to pee all night and thought that might help (it really hasn't much). Last night I screwed up and took it at night again...so now I have to do without until tomorrow morning to try to get it back on schedule. Anyway, I suppose it could make a difference in the morning WI if I take the pill at night? Maybe? Ugh...it's maddening! A pound one way or the other, no big deal...but these big swings make me crazy!

Lemon, I don't remember where you are going, but I'm still jealous of your vacation, wherever it is! The Christmas tree story reminds me of something I did once when I was young, single and stupid. I lived in this condo that had a lovely window seat next to the fireplace, in front of huge windows. I bought a little 4' tree and put it there. It was lovely. It was also right under a heat register. Then I went on vacation for a week. My poor tree was SO DRY when I got home that I literally had to take it out on my deck and wear leather gloves to get the ornaments off. I left the lights; cheap and replaceable. Then I tossed it over the balcony and let it roll down the hill into the lake. They drop trees in the lake anyway for fish habitat...I just gave the fish some lights and tinsel too. It was really lucky I didn't have those lights on a timer while I was gone, because that sucker was kindling! I've had artificial trees ever since.

Diane - You have such a good attitude toward weight loss and working out! Hope the scale was kind this morning!

And now I better get to work.

Last edited by Lilion; 01-08-2018 at 11:02 AM.
Old 01-08-2018, 02:27 PM   #71
Diane

Lemonthyme: Congrats on the weight loss!! Looks like you are making good progress to your pre-vacation goal. Glad you are getting rid of some of the stress projects! It will be so much better this time compared to last time. I know you'll feel more comfortable!

Lilion: Wow! That's quite a loss! Who knows why weight goes the way it goes!? I would just be happy and go with it. Hopefully it stays low and keeps going even lower for you! We're right about the same now.

For me, I was pretty happy with weigh in, especially since it is official on Mondays!! That was a 4 pound loss for last week, then. I know that part of it is just because I'm newly back on track, but I like seeing the lower numbers quickly at the start. I felt good about my workouts for the week, and I did well with logging my food during the week. I stayed within calorie goals all during the week, so that was good. Then, the weekend.... I didn't do horribly, but I also need to work on staying on track and logging better during the weekend. I wasn't great this time. I also didn't get out to do any hiking. We ended up getting some snow, and it was pretty cold. So, new plan might be going to the gym on Saturday. I was doing that before, so I might need to get back to it. I'll just have to figure out what I want to do on Saturdays.

I'll keep workouts the same this week, and keep logging. I still want to do weigh ins every day. I would love to see a couple of pounds come off this week, but I will make myself be happy even if just a pound, since that is the goal... to lose a pound a week. Then, on Saturday, I'll go to the gym before I go to the grocery store.

There's my plan for the week.
Old 01-08-2018, 03:00 PM   #72

Just a quick drive by - lil you sent me the weight! I went up 2 lbs but I also had ice cream cake, pasta and a soda as we were celebrating and today will be cake again. Ugh. Well you do have to live life! But I did fast today and did fine with that. I expected to flex up but maybe Iíll flex right back down.

Last sewing project before trip and Iíve made two big maistakes this far and Iím sure more. New pattern and I havenít printed the directions just reading online so itís not right in front of my nose to keep an eye on as I go.

I hope it all works. Hello all! More when I have time today is not it.

Old 01-09-2018, 10:30 AM   #73

Well Lemon - I took the two pounds back. Hope you're happy.

No time to post more. Just wanted to get my weight out there for all the world to see.

Old 01-09-2018, 12:17 PM   #74

No weigh in

I rushed downstairs to tackle the suit. Itís done and doesnít look as bad as I thought. I see where Iíd do things a bit differently but it will work - itís a new style and maybe will look better and better as this loss continues. Sewing DONE!

Lil: you crack me up. I didnít bother this am but will tomorrow as long as all the packing is done and all I have left is a cleaning. I can leave my house cleaned to come home to. Itís a treat of late - longer term clean house.

So I wish you all well. My posting next week may be sporadic except to say hello
As I wonít be tied to a scale. Ice cream yes, scale no. So I wish you well on all. I hope for safe travels to/from. We have impending storms the day for flights. Ugh. Letís hope we can squeak out and get there on time.

Happy day all!

Old 01-09-2018, 02:42 PM   #75
Diane

Lemonthyme: If I don't get a chance to say it before you go, I hope you have a great vacation and enjoy every bit of it!! I hope you stay safe and really enjoy the ice cream, in particular! Everyone needs a little time away from weight loss obsession!!! Ha!

Lilion: Just so you know, there is no need to share any pounds with me!! Ha! Anyway, you still had a loss, so the congrats still applies!

For me, I was pretty happy to have a loss this morning. I did stay within my calorie range, but there were some food choices that I wasn't sure would be good. You know, with extra sodium and water retention. I know I'll have a better day today with food. I'd love to get on the other side of 265, at least. I'd like to start shooting for under 260, but that's just a little too far away for right now. Step by step...

I didn't make it to the gym this morning, but I'm going to go after work. I woke up a little late and I started to rush to get everything going, but I knew I'd still be late and I'd have to cut out some of my workout. I decided to just give up, go back to bed and then plan to go after work. Not my favorite thing to do, but I still want to get the workout in. I may just go to Body Pump tonight, depending on how busy it is at the gym.