3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 100 lb. Club

Old 12-29-2017, 03:36 PM   #46
Diane

S/C/G: 294/265.4/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi all! I'm back to being on the computer after the Christmas holiday. I'm still off from work today, but will be going back on the 2nd. I just wanted to do a quick check in today. I missed you guys! It's been an indulgent week, with not a lot of exercise, and I'm feeling blah... I'm so ready to get back on track now. Fun times with family and all, but time to get back to good healthy food and exercise.

Lil: Oh my God! Shingles are the worst. I had them on my forehead and up into my scalp and I seriously thought I would die from the pain. I hope it goes away quickly for you. I can't hardly think about it without feeling a tingle in my scalp. Ugh!!!

Lemonthyme: Good luck on the last weigh in. I'm going to weigh on Sunday so that I have a final number for 2017, and then again on Monday so that I have a starting point for 2018. I'll finish up all of my recordkeeping obsession with those numbers and get some new charts set up, and new goals. I let you all know what I'm planning for the year, once I figure it out. I have to make this a better year!!!!!

Laurie: Good to see you post. I know we can get the new year started right and get some good losses going. You've done so well throughout the year, and I know you'll have a great 2018.

I may not be back throughout the weekend. I have a lot I need to get done. If not, I'll see y'all on the 2nd!!! Happy New Year, my friends!
Old 12-31-2017, 07:10 AM   #47

S/C/G: 257/225.2/156

Height: 5' 8"

Ugh! Itís way early and Iím laying here in the dark - DHs still sleeping and has dragon breath from his beer last night. Good golly! Iím glad he finally rolled away, no matter how much I was getting him to roll that didnít happen.

Not100% on weigh in. Since Iím in that quasi pain in the butt peri window my TOM has been wonky and I think she may be returning. Ugh. Which would explain my need for sweets the last few days. Plus Iíve been put on an antibiotic that I have to eat with first thing in the am so that means it messes w my fasting window. Iím not eating more than a banana w/it but still, itís causing me to not fast well. And due to med, no bubbly for me tonight (which I guess is ok, probably keeps the calories in check).

Iím sure Iím back up to 230. I just FEEL that way. Iíll hop on the scale in a bit to see what the damage is and get on with a new year.

Hope everyone is doing well! Celebrate well and safely tonight. I send you best wishes heading into to 2018.

Ok - Iíll brave the chill and go stand on my scale:

Dianeís challenge - s/w 234. Current weight 228.9

Ok the cookies were good! And this abacus needs to stop the sugar.

Thank you Diane for setting up the challenge. I wasnít super good, but did ok. How about a new challenge? Weigh in 1/8/18 (that gives a week to bring it under control AND itís a fun date) and weíll go until St. Paddyís day. Iím not going to tie pounds to the challenge - just work on loss or maintaining for all of you who have done well.

Happy new year all!

lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 03:26 PM   #48
Diane

Lemonthyme: You did well on the challenge! I did not. I weighed this morning and I wasn't close. I'll join your challenge, if you want to go with it!!

I'm going to post my weight tomorrow. It is a starting point! I set up all of my weight loss recording sheets for the new year, so I'm ready to go. I'm excited about it. I am keeping my goal simple, just a pound a week. "Just"... hahaha! I think it is doable, and I am hoping for a quick start in January. I did it before, I can do it again. It takes discipline, and I've got to get that back. I am looking forward to seeing some good numbers on the scale. I'm planning to keep exercise in my schedule, going with 5 days a week, at least, to start. I think I was doing better when I added Saturdays to the mix, so I'll do that too, when it feels right. I also plan to get back to running twice a week.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. Happy New Year! Here's to a very successful 2018!!
Old 01-01-2018, 10:56 AM   #49

No W/I

Happy new year!

Didnít bother with scale between TOM, the need to eat mindlessly yesterday and my family being home - I knew the scale would mock me. I plan to hop on Thursday - tomorrow I still have kids home and I know that they are itching to do different things and Iíd suspect between now and Wed weíll have made cookies. Itís too cold to be outside so I suspect once school begins it will be delayed. And Iím sure there will be eating there too. So not worth getting the undies in a bunch over a number on a scale.

Otherwise beside it being too dang cold out, the year start has been totally uneventful which is fine by me!

My DH and kid are making pancakes for breakfast. Iíll have one and an egg, it keeps me partially honest. Hah!

So I wish you all well. May scales be kind and you have renewed optimism to deal with weight this year. My short term goal for January is to HOPEFULLY get to the teens. But with my trip in there it may be questionable. Iíll be doing tons of walking but Iím sure having ice cream snacks daily. Just sayin!

Alright all - may you find success in the new year!

Old 01-01-2018, 04:52 PM   #50
Diane

Lemonthyme: Uneventful NYE here too. I didn't stay up. I am not a fan of New Year's Eve. So, just got up for New Year's Day! I love the start of a new year, just not the ending of an old year.

I did weigh in and updated my weight on here. Ugh. But, I'm calling it a starting point. I am pretty happy with myself for the moment. I actually got up early and went to the gym. I think there were 6 cars total in the parking lot. Very few people there, and it is a big gym. The instructor wasn't there for the spin class, so I just did my own thing. I still did the spin bike, just listened to my Ipod and did my own routine. It felt good to start the year with that! Onward and downward, hopefully!!
Old 01-02-2018, 10:35 AM   #51

Holding and back to fasting in a few days. I think Iíve 3 more days of medicine am/pm and I have to eat with it or I have issues. Imagine that! So Iíve got eggs on and will get on with my day.

New year and continued attitude that I can take off weight it might just be slower then most and if in those crazy times I can maintain then, though frustrated, I can find the light at the end of the tunnel. Iíll grumble and be irritated and then the scale moves again. My goal - just keep working those numbers down as best I can. Iím only racing myself. Though Iíll admit itíd be great if it all fell off instantly and stayed that way.

My sewing thus far has been fairly successful. I was excited I fit into one pattern without adding on as I have had to do in the past but in the end had to add some accommodation for my heavy upper arms. But that one is done and looks good even if the pattern and my measurements didnít see eye to eye. Today will find me doing more. I hope this next one goes easily then onto the shorts that I hope I can fit well on the first go.

Diane: good for you for having a good outlook for a new calendar! Yes weigh in on 1/8 for the challenge to just get the scale moving downward! The gym sounds horribly empty for a new year. Well maybe everyone thought itíd be busy and stayed home. Good for you for getting on your bike!

Laurie: hope your court schedule isnít as busy as a new year can bring. And hope you arenít stressing too much over the liquid numbers of the scale. I get the fluctuations and know too well how the mind reacts as those numbers go up and then down again. Oh itíd be nice if we could just set a number for our body and it stays there each morning!

Lil: how are you feeling? I had chicken pox in 8th grade and those were bad then I canít imagine as an adult so I send you good feelings. I seem to recall taking oatmeal baths with mine and feeling extremely miserable and kind of like a soupy mess.

Toasted: how was/is Dubai? Give me the low down on colors and lights and what one does while there. My traveling is limited to within the US this year. Well - probably until the kids are older and bank accounts friendlier.

Bookmark: have you returned to your students?

Hello all! I apologize if I forgot anyone.

Hope all is well for each of you and the new year has been with a renewed outlook and start.

Old 01-02-2018, 12:01 PM   #52

Greetings all!

I hope every one had a nice new years. My long weekend was okay...food-wise, not so much, but well...holidays are OVER! So there's that!

Friday, we ate out at our favorite Irish Pub. I did pretty good, chili and grilled cheese and took half home with me, and one drink. I'm still working on keeping the fat low - but I definitely proved to myself this weekend that it's not necessary every day - the gallbladder is ignoring it at least.

Saturday, dinner out again with my husband's co-workers for a belated holiday meal. It was nice, but it was pasta and bread - lot's of bread with olive oil - but I did eat a salad, took half the pasta home, and ordered from the "light" pasta selections.

Sunday - New Years Eve party at my neighbors. So that's pizza and a ton of spinach artichoke dip and a couple of drinks.

PLUS - Hubby and I finally made all the candy we didn't get made before Christmas for our son's "care package". So there has been peanut butter balls, dipped pretzels, peanut brittle, and two types of fudge in the house. Much peanut brittle was eaten...much. It was our first time ever making it and hubby didn't butter the pan nearly enough - so it came off it pieces much too small to give away - those had to be disposed of by us. At least there was one healthy meal - I made venison and wild mushroom stew for dinner last night. Tonight I get that candy packaged and out of the house and the diet back on track!

Hubby is pushing to get us back out of the house and to the YMCA gym. I know we need to - we haven't been since the pool closed in September! (But then again, at least 1+ month we've been sick.) We pay for it - $49/mo so we really should get to it...but it's SO COLD! Once I'm in the house I don't want to leave! Ugh...no exercise motivation at all!

And there's work - which I am not doing while posting this - so I better get to it.

Lemon, I'm doing much better. Calamine lotion helped the itch a bit and now really I just have to wait for the spots to go away. The itch is manageable and the pain minor. I have been very lucky this was only a minor outbreak. I SO need to get my sewing room organized so I can get some things taken in and some things made also! You and I practice a lost art you know. It amazes me how many women over 30 don't know how to sew - and most of the ones younger.

Diane, I need you to lend me some of your work-out motivation! I also didn't exactly meet my goal on your challenge, but I ended 2017 lower than I started it, so I'll take it.

Getting to work now - Hope all are well!

Last edited by Lilion; 01-02-2018 at 12:03 PM.
Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 12:39 PM   #53

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Super busy at work, and will probably continue to be for a while, but going to at least check in, even when I can't justify the time to do personals as well. I did work both Sunday and Monday, though, so today is not as overwhelming as it would otherwise be.

Diane - I can't decide if I failed your challenge or just embraced a learning experience. I started at 149, was hoping for 144, and ended up at 158.6. But I TOTALLY agree with your perspective. The number is a new starting point, and it feels great to get a fresh start.

LemonThyme - Ugh. My doctor tells me that I am not in perimenopause, but my cycles are super inconsistent now. I will be starving one day and start bleeding the next, and think, "Oh, that explains it!" Except that it might be just over two weeks since my last cycle. I get the frustration with having to take food with the meds and that disrupting your fasting window. But I love that you've just decided that it's frustrating, and haven't just quit. I am a perfectionist, and in the not-attracctive way, so I have to fight with just wanting to quit when things are perfect.

Lilion - Glad your gallbladder isn't completely dictating all your dietary choices and that you're feeling better in general. I totally get not wanting to leave the house to get to the gym. I so much prefer the gym, but lately, I just don't seem to able to justify prioritizing it over personal and professional obligations, so I have just been settling for walking. The winter thus far has been pretty mild, so I have been able to bundle up and head out. But today's high is supposed to 2 degrees, and the newspaper has been warning about frostbite, so I have been mall walking the last two days. I should just accept that exercise has to be inconvenient for the next month or so and head back to the gym.

I had a deadline for today, and thought I had finished the brief at about 10:30 last night. So, I tried to go to sleep, but my brain wouldn't shut off, and I thought of another angle I wanted to research for the brief. I resisted, but finally decided that getting up and just doing it would allow me to get it done and maybe get more sleep than if I just worried about it. So, I got up, ate way too much unnecessary food while I was working, finished the project, and finally got to sleep at about 2. The result? I woke up this morning tired and with cupcakes on my brain (since there was a delicious cupcake that I managed to resist last night). The problem is not the cupcake so much as starting the day with a cupcake can easily lead to a series of bad decisions. I brushed my teeth and just let my mind reprioritize. Somehow, I managed to start the day with my green drink instead of the cupcake, drank about 20 oz of water, and ate some lean protein when I was legitimately hungry. The New Year hasn't magically eliminated my baser instincts with food, but I am going to attribute my victory this morning to the magic of the season.

Goals -
1 - Planks x 2
2 - 16K steps
3 - Nutritious food
4 - Eat when I am hungry
5 - Weigh tomorrow morning

I would love to join your challenge, LemonThyme, and I love the idea of tying it to behaviors rather than scale numbers. Can you give more specifics on what you're considering?

Happy New Year, everyone! It's gonna be a great one.
Old 01-02-2018, 01:22 PM   #54

For my challenge my thought was instead of saying Iíll hit 10 lbs by st. Paddyís (which can be daunting at anytime). Why not just try to incorporate a better thing each week and see what that does for your weight. Like maybe for week one itís increasing your water - if you arenít a good consumer aim for 66 oz, if you are a good consumer, maybe see what adding an extra glass one time a day does for you (please, no water Intoxication please). Do for a week. In the next week keep it up, add the next thing that you think will help you, a walk or maybe substituting one food item that you use daily (cream in coffee, a pat of butter). Try to keep adding one new thing each week, maybe that will help us each out without focusing on a number super hard. IDK if it will help us each out but itís sure worth a try. Just post your weigh in on 1/8 and what you think each week still hold for you to try different.

AM: sewing is going well. I have to have my daughter try this on but I have to get the hood on yet then itís done. I was changing threads on the serger (which I swear is designed by someone who was a lefty and looks at the world backwards) and it took about 1/2 hr to get it right as itís those bottom hooks that foul me up but good. Alas - Iím back to sewing and hope to get those 3 pairs of shorts done well w a good fit and length. I aim to look good even if I am heavier then I had hoped Iím still less then last time I went.

Always trying.

Laurie: I hate when the brain doesnít shut off. Good grief and when that happens and I respond to it, I do nothing but drag but good the next day. Or I crash horribly hard. As for weather - ours has been horrid wind chills and they are to last through the weekend again. Hey it will make me enjoy the weather on vacay much more Iím sure and hate flying back to the cold. Minnesota is nothing but . . .

Challenge notes above maybe itís dumb - but hopefully something to ponder, as I fly by the seat of my pants.

Lil: oh your stew sounds good even if itís venison! Yes - sewing, I learned when I was 9 and Iím teaching my kids as well. Even if itís to know and thread a machine and just straight stitch, they at least have a concept. Did you use to sew a lot for yourself? I have done a lot because my body has never fit the norm for RTW. Iíve a longer torso, a butt, swayback, those shoulders that rival the men in my life, my calves, my upper arms - you get the picture. And I like not looking like everyone else so I try and try again. Once the shorts are done then itís the swimsuit for myself. Iím not bikini ready (a dumb goal I know for being over 40!) but this new suit pattern is a bit saucier for myself and I know in the end it will fit me and look fairly good (or as good as something on a 228 lb body).

Ok my gals - hang in there. May you conquer today w a smile on your face.

Old 01-02-2018, 02:52 PM   #55
Diane

Lemonthyme: That's cool that you can sew stuff that you'd really like to wear. I can sew and fix things, but I don't have the talent to actually make something that would be fit to wear! I'm going to join in your challenge, but I will probably make it a goal for a number on the scale. That's pretty much where I am with my overall goals, so I'd like to keep with it, if that works for your challenge. I figured there aren't a lot of rules and restrictions yet!

Laurie: I understand the battle with food. That's my biggest issue all the time. I typically do pretty well with exercise, but the food... ugh. I'll tell you, the best we can do is move forward with the New Year, even if 2017 wasn't the most successful! That's how I have to look at it. I caused the weight gain, and now I have to take care of it.

Lilion: Glad you are doing better! And, ending the year at a lower number is definitely a success story!! Good for you! I'm hoping for some losses this year, so I admire your success! Glad you got your candy done and out of the house!!

For me, I weighed this morning and was down 3.2 pounds. I don't really know what to think about that. I'm going to replace the batteries in my scale just to make sure that it isn't because of that. I have been very disciplined the last few days, so I was hoping for a loss, but I don't know if that is real yet. Who knows, maybe some of the excesses of the holidays let go and went away? I have had a little bit of stress with my daughter over the past week, so that might have contributed. I had a lot of trouble sleeping last night and the past couple of nights. It isn't horrible, but she got a speeding ticket that was pretty bad, and she has to go to court because of it. It's one of those things that I swear she won't learn... But I was able to check her driving record and that is really all she has had recently, so at least she won't lose her license. If she had, then I know she would not be able to keep her job, and that would not be good. I know it isn't the biggest problem in the world, but she's struggled to get her life on track, and I don't want to see her lose her progress. So, maybe it is just worry weight loss!! Ha!

I went to the gym today. It was a lot busier than yesterday!! No kidding, right? I think it will pick up even more next week, but that's the way it goes. I did my weights today, and it went pretty well. So far, so good on food plan, too. I just need to keep disciplined!!
Old 01-02-2018, 08:35 PM   #56

I had bread products twice today. The last was a piece with my soup I made for dinner. The youngest and I have been having inside tums tonight so I thought chicken veg rice soup would help - and the bread looked good too. Well it all warmed my belly. Will see what damage it did tomorrow morning as there is always issues when one has bread.

Argh! Iím off to melt fat in my dreams and go take the medicine I keep forgetting - oh if only my brain were really engaged.

Old 01-03-2018, 07:59 AM   #57

Well itís moving as slow as one can move, but moving.

Itís still flippiní Cold out and Iím in that 40 mins that they can delay school so waiting for notification that might be happening however we arenít as cold as the last few days and the nasty cold will return tomorrow am. The problem is one of mine is in a part day program so late start messes with that.

So Iím trying to keep up with some progress. Iím not outside walking due to cold and non plowed streets or sidewalks (budgets were tight at end of year I guess).

Otherwise Iím feeling meh about today. Iím sewing my first pair of shorts but now Iím wondering if I cut the waist large enough to accommodate the belly. Measuring wise it looks like Iím good but Iím second guessing myself as I still have to put a zipper in yet which can make a world of difference to fit. Today I feel like itíd be a good day to veg but that would be a no. Sewing the shorts and then the swimsuit fabric which should be here today so on to that too. Of course I read down south is cold and possible snow too. Maybe I should just take the parka and call it good

I was reading some of the meet and greet pages - sadly a lot of those people who took the time to tell a bit of themselves have never posted again. I get loosing weight is a big challenge and posting does take time from your day - but looking at those pages itíd be great to have them active here as well. Alas -
I was reading because I couldnít sleep. I heard my 2nd shift neighbor pull in and it sounded like they bumped into their garage.

Iím tired.

Laurie: oh the peri and the wonkiness drives me nuts. I wasnít sure if my weight loss messed me up again or itís just age. When I ask they are like definitely peri, I asked at my last appt and the nurse is like you arenít menopausal until 1 full year without periods. Iím a gal who likes predictability. That whole journey is not predictable. And the thing is - people still donít like to talk about such. Iíve been accused by my gyno of diagnosing myself on fB I told him if you made it so women felt comfortable talking about these issues and not feel stupid when asking (as mine always does) we wouldnít have to say ďI readĒ and besides I donít fB and then he didnít know what to say. I told him if I had a medical issue Iím generally looking at the site affiliated w the world famous clinic he works for and I go to. Hello. I hate when doctors act all condescending because you get up the nerve to ask a question. Dumb.

Sorry my soapbox is away.

What are you doing to right your ship? I think the holidays being over is a big help! I know it can for me. I hope you find what works for you. When you fluctuate like this do you have problems with clothing? My wedding ring usually fits when I hit 232, except this time - itís still feeling too snug. I hate where weight sits still and Iíd like to be able to say loose here here and here.

Diane: did you get to the gym this am? Yeah for keeping good on your movement. Thatís good news for you. May the scale reflect that. Sorry on the DD. Sometimes when weíre young we make dumb mistakes and then we learn. Perhaps thatís what happening there. Hang in there, my mom was fond of saying we didnít get our brains fully done until 30 - her included. Some of us are slow to get there. Hang in there Mom!

Lil: thankfully your on the mend w the itchies and patches. That sounds miserable anyway you put it but as long as your healing keep looking forward. What would you sew for yourself? Iíve waffled on sewing up a nice piece because maybe my shape will change with weight loss and then Iíve used it for when I was heavy - so itís a somewhat ongoing argument with myself. So Iíve been keeping it to as a needed basis and being mindful of fabric cost, saving my nicer for later - (isnít it always later?!) and finding a lower cost fabric because Iím hopeful I wonít stay at this size forever and Iíd like to use the nicer for then. I keep trying some new silhouettes on myself. I did a body con dress for one of them that Iíd like to try again but I need to find a solid with texture to it - Iíd love to try that and make a LBD as I donít own one and Iíd like a warm cranberry one. Iím always looking at new patterns but of late havenít found one besides the swimsuit. Maybe my sewing will spurn you on to try again.

Hello all!

Ok well I best face my day no notices have come in but Iíve still got 10 mins.

Facing the shorts here in a moment I do hope the belly isnít as loose as I fear and the shorts too snug. Hereís to a good day all!

Old 01-03-2018, 11:15 AM   #58

Laurie, I remember briefs, back when I was a ďreal lawyerĒ. Now Iím more like an ALJ. In fact, Iím exactly like an ALJ, but they wonít give us the title because that would put us under the judicial retirement and pay us more. Anyway Ė Writing briefs is when I discovered I had an accent. I never knew I had one. I could hear it in other people, that ďMissouri TwangĒ Ė kind of a hillbilly accent, not a nice smooth southern drawl Ė but I never hear it in myself, except on tape. And the more tired I got, the more pronounced it became. My secretary laughed at me a LOT listening to my 2 a.m. dictation. Yes, this was back in the 80ís, when I had a secretary that actually typed my dictation and brought me coffee. I miss those days and that wonderful lady that waited on me. I wasnít terrible though, the senior partnerís secretary actually picked up his laundry and bought gifts for his wife like youíd see in an old sitcom!

Lemon, my mom taught me to sew as a girl. (I failed home ec Ė but thatís a long story.) You clearly do more than I do. My biggest fitting problem is my waist is too small for my hips Ė which sounds SO much better than my hips are too fat for my waist so most of what I do to my everyday clothes is a bit of alteration there. My sewing is usually making garb for medieval reenactment. You canít get a sideless surcoat or an Italian Renaissance gown at Wal-Mart.  So you buy linen and learn to make them yourself. All my reenactor friends sew Ė even the guys! In fact, my husband is learning to embroidery! Only in the SCA do you find big, hairy, lumberjack or biker-looking guys who happily show you the tunic they sewed and embroidered by hand. Itís a trip. Youíre rightÖyour impressive list of sewing projects makes me want even more to get my sewing room cleaned up and ready to go!

Diane, NICE LOSS! Hope it was all the effect the stress has had. Kids. How can someone you love so much make you SO crazy! Iíve been thru the ringer with our sonÖso I wonít get startedÖbut they really are clueless when it comes to how many sleepless nights they cause us.

I have nothing new to report (since yesterday, ) I have an 11 lb box of candy sitting on my desk (along with some cookies) and I need to get it to the Post Office and mailed off to get to the kid on Saturday. I included some of his undies he left behind Ė brand new Ė so I hope he doesnít dig thru it right in front of his GF family! Poor kid. I included a bracelet for his GF Ė a lovely (faux) silver piece I bought at a junk shop a couple years ago and loved, but never wore. I think sheíll like it. So I guess I best find the packing tape and get in gear. Then, move my car to avoid yet another ticket. Then work!!!

Later all.
Old 01-03-2018, 11:24 AM   #59

I have to share. I got the zipper set in and tried them on holding my breathe as I didnít want I have wasted fabric. I opened my eyes while standing in front of my mirror. THEY FIT WELL! oh my goodness - that was a lost of confidence for a day I feel kind of stumbling blue on. So that means Iíll cut out the other two pairs and get crackalackin.

Lil: so I take it you make tucks too? My skinny jeans I have done that to so I donít look so plumberish when seated. I have found two sites that kind of sour me on to try fitting my body. If you have time check it this site: http://curvysewingcollective.com/ They normally do everyday wear, but there are some gals who do historical or all ages. They give ideas on how to fit and where to fit. Some are more confident in fitting their shapes others are learning as they go. The other site Iíve been using to give me pointers on adjusting for my bum is this one: http://aces.nmsu.edu/pubs/_c/C227/welcome.html

Maybe those will help you out when you return to the machine.

Old 01-03-2018, 02:22 PM   #60

Height: 5'5"

Good afternoon!

Lilion - I have thought about applying for an ALJ position. I think I would enjoy it. It's just that I have, for so long, been addicted to my flexible work hours. I mostly work the typical 8-5 schedule, but I like to be able to work off-hours and escape during regular work hours when I have something else I prefer doing. Not so easy to do with a full hearing schedule. Plus, of course, our ALJs here work long hours. I do, too, but I at least have hope that it will die down when we hire another attorney.

LemonThyme - YAY for the well-fitting shorts! I find that, even now when my weight has been relatively consistent for a year or so (and by relatively consistent, I mean that it's only fluctuated in a 20-pound range) that I can't guess what will and won't fit me. So much of the time, I think things are way too small, and they fit or are even too big. That's not a comment on how skinny I am, but on how it's hard to remember that I am no longer the size I was when I started out. And I totally relate to you on how doctors can be so condescending. I have a fantastic doctor--a woman in her early 30s. She always takes time to answer my questions, and doesn't pretend to know everything. It's quite refreshing.

Diane - Your loss might be real, by which I mean that your high weight was probably a lot of water and not fat. It's certainly happened to me. In fact, it's happened enough times that I almost expect it to happen when I've been indulgent and my weight has hit a number higher than it had been for a while. Either way, the real victory is how disciplined you've been. It's so much easier (at least for me) to maintain good patterns than to initiate them.

I have been TERRIBLE about getting to the gym. I know a big part of it has been holiday-related madness. But a big part of it is that I am both swamped at work and enthusiastic about getting things done at work. This means that I am working at night and on weekends and holidays. Not a big deal, except that it impacts how much time I spend with my husband, who is more inclined to want couple time than I am. I love couple time, but I despise bored couple time. Unless we have something to do, even if it's a leisure activity, I want to be doing something productive. The upshot of this is that I am struggling to spend enough time with my husband, and that is impacting my ability to escape to the gym. I need to get that figured out.

Not going to do goals today, other than just resolve to leave work at a reasonable time.