Old 10-22-2017, 12:53 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 234.5/224/155(135 dream goal)

Height: 5 6

howdytx really sorry I have been hearing about how retail is suffering. Is there any chance you can plan to get another job? Those options don't sound really good - either everything being cut from what you are used to, or ramp up on responsibility and work insane hours.
facingfacts12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 10:01 AM   #77  
Gizmo

howdytx I'm very sorry to hear about your work situation. I know that payroll is always the first area to take a hit when a company is trying to control their expenses. But the way they are going about it, keeping it a secret and waiting to tell employees, shows no respect and compassion towards then and a real lack of transparency and integrity. Sending positive thoughts your way so that things settle down for you

curvynotlumpy hope you are enjoying this Fall weekend and that you finally truly get to relax after such a busy start to the school year. Tell us how the apple dessert turns out (love apples).

opheliapheonix glad to see that you had a great time on your anniversary and that your plan to eat less during that day, so you could enjoy a great meal and dessert, seems to have paid off.

facingfacts12 and Cute Ghost happy for you that the scale is moving.

I took a peek at the scale this morning and I'm only about 2 pounds down since the beginning on this month. Discouraging considering I have been so much more active this month. I know I'm eating healthy but I'll take a closer look at portion sizes, there may be room for improvement there. I knew being on Depo could make it harder to lose weight, but I know that by exercising, I'm taking care of my body, so that remains my focus.

01: 37 minutes cardio/lower body workout
02: 37 minutes cardio/upper body workout
03: 3.3km walk
04: no exercise
05: 22 minutes cardio toning + 20 minutes upper body workout
06: 3.3km walk
07: 30 minutes cardio toning
08: no exercise
09: 28 minutes upper body workout
10: 3.9km walk
11: 30 minutes HIIT lower body workout
12: no exercise
13: no exercise
14: 3.4km walk
15: 38 minutes upper body workout
16: 3.9km walk
17: no exercise
18: 5.3km walk
19: 37 minute HIIT/total body toning workout
20: no exercise
21: 5.3km walk
22: 4.3km walk

Last edited by Martine; 10-22-2017 at 10:02 AM.
Martine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 03:41 PM   #78  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

facingfacts: Thank you, and I'm glad you finally had a break in your stall and dropped!

howdytx: I'm sorry for everything that is happening at work right now...that is really crappy of them to do, especially right before the holiday season! I hope you're able to find a way to maintain access to your benefits without having to take on a higher stress position. Sending hugs your way, and I will kick some shins for you if you want me to!

Cute Ghost: Glad your scale was nice to you today!

Martine: I'd bet you're right about the Depo making the little number on the scale move a little slower this month, but you are definitely still becoming healthier every day, as you said! Your consistency will pay off if you keep at it like you've been, even with the Depo playing with your body right now.

----------------------------------------

Weigh-in was 235.4 today. I only got in 3 miles on the walk last night due to a later dinner, but I got in a decent amount of water and was on-plan foodwise last night, so I think that helped show a loss today despite TOM showing up a full week or so early. Not sure what that is about, but at least it didn't start on Friday when my husband and I had our date night, lol.

Week Four
22: 235.4 -- TOM. (Not sure why it is starting again already, boooo...)
23:
24:
25:
26:
27:
28:
----------------------------
End of Week Three: 236.2
Total Loss for Week Four:

opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 07:14 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

everyone.

Another beautiful fall day in Northern California.

howdytx: I'm so sorry to hear about all the chaos and drama at your work. What a crappy thing they're doing by keeping this a secret from all of you, and what a horrible secret to have to keep from your friends and colleagues. And companies wonder why employees don't remain loyal. Look at how it's repaid?! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that a good alternative presents itself.

opheliaphoenix: I'm experiencing just the opposite with my TOM. I'm about a week late and but it could be a combination of age and stress. Today I'm having some slight cramping and a bit of bloating which is normal for me. Yes, it would have been poor timing for TOM to arrive on your anniversary and date night.

Cute Ghost: I'm glad that you've found an approach that works for you. That's what it is really all about, right? A good friend of mine was a Weight Watchers leader and is a Lifetime member. She would often share with me what she would discuss with her group and it always seemed so reasonable and humane. I really respect WW for that.

I am off tomorrow so I'm really looking forward to actually being home and getting some other things done. I'm at work right now preparing some things so I don't feel unprepared coming into work on Tuesday. See you then!
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 09:57 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 234.5/224/155(135 dream goal)

Height: 5 6

Hello ladies, I'm down another pound today. So yes Im extatic about that, but in the back of my mind I check myself thinking i'm still a good 10lbs above my STARTING point in 2012 when I had almost cried from how i felt about my weight. That certainly makes reality sink in, but on the other hand I just know that I'm going to fight this one pound at a time until I get myself back. as I've said before I'm super paranoid that I will derail as I did in 2012 and that alone keeps me focused, cause I can't let all my work to get down here thus far go to waste, and much worse - go back to where I started and watch my health collapse.

Cute Ghost, I'm sorry about the breakups. I know first hand how stresses in life take eating out of control and i've had my fair share of that. Funny... I have always let stress be an excuse to not have to "stress" about weight loss or health atop that. How backwards really. I wanted to eat whatever I wanted as a way to just do whatever felt good in the moment to ease the stress of whatever was happening. Now I'm thinking... when there's so many things I cannot control - whether its situations in life, or like breakups in your case, or whatever else... why give up on the one thing I totally CAN control, which is not treating my body as a bottomless food garbage can. Its hard... yes, it can be SO hard.. social situations, pressure, stress.. when that "just-one-more-bite" factor sets in, or worse - the "oh-just-screw-it' mentality ... Its like I have to protect myself.... from myself. I'm so glad you are on here, and you're in good company. These forums definitely keep my energy going - like you I don't talk to people about my weight loss - it works great for some people, while for me I don't feel comfortable talking about my effort to lose weight when I look like a buffalo. I think checking in daily, like on the daily weight thread and here makes this a fun and social process where I can rejoice in my small succeesses or ***** about my bad days

Martine, you are an exercise TROOPER... losing 2lbs definitely means you are on the right track, since its going down and not up. You can definitely check on calories if you want to make sure. I was stomping around the same weight range for 2 weeks and only recently when I started trying to truly be aware of limiting calories and not just cutting out carbs did I finally get my break through with moving past that weight. Also exercising makes your muscles retain water does it not? You may check on inches, cause you can lose inches and not weight. Plus if you gain muscle - which is wonderful, you may not see an overall as big of a drop because muscle weighs more than fat, but you are actually so much better off than if you just lost fat.

opheliaphoenix, you are on fire with your weight loss! I can't wait to join you in the 30s - although hoping for you that by then you'd be in your 20s of course

curvynotlumpy, hope you have a great day off tomorrow! its work for me tomorrow -bleh!

Last edited by facingfacts12; 10-22-2017 at 10:00 PM. Reason: marking names in bold
facingfacts12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 08:18 PM   #81  
|| Casey ||

curvynotlumpy: Hope this icky bloat and cramping lessens for both of us this week! Especially for your day off tomorrow.

facingfacts: You're doing great! I know how you feel though, since I would have been about 40-45 lbs lower than I am now if I hadn't fallen off the bandwagon at the beginning of this summer...but, at least we're moving back in the right direction now!

Weigh-in was up to 236.6 today. I am 100% convinced this is TOM-related bloating, because I certainly felt like a grumpy, lethargic water balloon when I woke up...lol. I got in a little over 4 miles on my evening walk last night, so I'm hoping that helps balance out the fact that I won't be able to head out tonight due to having pick up the oldest from an after school class late this evening and an inevitably later dinner. Hoping that staying hydrated will help some of this bloat flush out, but not holding my breath for the next few days during TOM.

Week Four
23: 236.6 -- TOM. (Sooo bloated today, ugh.)
24:
25:
26:
27:
28:

Old 10-24-2017, 04:24 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 236/230,2/170

Smile

Martine Sometimes your body decides to not loose weigth for a month even though you are doing everything correctly. Don't give up, it is going to get better.

facingfacts12 I know how you feel, don't give up. You cannot change the past, but the future is what matters and you are on the right path.

opheliaphoenix I always fell like i am dying during TOM, so stay strong and do not worry too much, i am sure your weight will go down afterwards.

---------

I am a little bit confused by my scale. Due to being ill i overate yesterday. However, my weight still went down this morning. Well i am not complaining
It is difficult for me to eat healthy when i feel like this, but i am going to try being more disciplined.
Cute Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 10:08 AM   #83  
Gizmo

opheliapheonix and Cute Ghost that is the one thing that I don't mind about being on Depo, re not having to deal with TOM each month.

facingfacts12 yes on another pound gone! I too often think back to even just last year when I got down to around 232 and how I gained it all back and how farther down I would be now. But I keep telling myself that nothing good comes of wasting energy and thoughts on what happened in the past because you can't change it. You're right, I should take my measurements, maybe I'll see some encouraging changes there. Now to find my tape measure.

curvynotlumpy what did you end up doing on your extra day off?

My first day back at work yesterday went ok. I did have to shut down a potential argument that started with a new member of our management team. Here she wants to discuss scheduling strategies with me for her area of the store and she's practically jumping down my throat. I stepped back and told her that I did not appreciate her coming at me with this attitude and that I would like to have a conversation with her, not an argument. After that we had a productive talk and she later apologized, which I thanked her for. I did have a lot of catching up to do though so I stayed 1.5 hour later than planned and just could not find the energy to exercise when I got home so late. I can't work extra hours like that all the time, it's eating into my "taking care of me" time. Today will be a better day I'm sure.

23: no exercise
24: 37 minute HIIT/total body toning workout
Old 10-24-2017, 11:55 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 275/245/175

Height: 5'4''

Default Hello!

New here, but jumping in full speed ahead!

I'm a graduate student and I know I have a busy and stressful next few weeks coming up, so I could use some accountability.

10/23 weight: 245

I have the bad habit of eating in front of the tv, which results in continuous evening snacking so...

Goals for this week: NO eating in front of the tv! Some sort of exercise everyday.
tochangemylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 04:01 PM   #85  
|| Casey ||

Cute Ghost: Our bodies work in mysterious ways, don't they? Haha.

Martine: You handled that situation at work well...good job! I'm glad she apologized.

tochangemylife: Welcome! And, I have the same problem with snacking while watching TV...it's one of my biggest triggers. When I know we'll be watching stuff, I plan ahead to have a small, crunchy snack like fruit, veggies, low-cal popcorn, or rice cakes. But, sometimes that doesn't always work out, and I end up grabbing more, so I totally get your goal for the week...you can do it!

Weigh-in was back down a to 234.4 today, so I'm happy about that...feeling a lot less bloated this afternoon. I thought maybe I'd stay higher, because 1.) TOM is mean, and 2.) my husband - and this is a love/hate thing, lol - brought me home a milkshake last night with the rest of them. I looked up the calories, and it was almost 800 for a tiny little medium shake! Wow. That was eye-opening. But, I decided to have a little over half of it anyway, because it was sweet of him, I was craving sweets due to TOM, and I'd had a tiny lunch. So, I was able to stay under my max calories, but it was higher yesterday than I have been consuming lately. No walk last night like I said, but I'll get back to it tonight. Hope you're all having a great day!

Week Four
24: 234.4 -- TOM. (Feeling a little less puffy.)
25:
26:
27:
28:

Old 10-24-2017, 09:46 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

and good evening!

Late check in for me. We had the first round of interviews for the position I'm currently hiring for. Two candidates rose to the top which actually makes my job easier for the second and final rounds. Unfortunately, I also have to be the bearer of bad news to the other three candidates. It is the worst part of hiring.

I had a nice day off yesterday. Got a few things done around my place and made my cake. It turned out well and everyone enjoyed it. Thanks for all your good wishes!

Martine: Ugh! What a way to be ushered back to work. It's good that you were straightforward with her about your expectations and that she backed off and apologized. Maybe chalk it up to over zealous new person wanting to make a good impression?

opheliaphoenix: You and me both sister! However, another day another day of no TOM but with all the same "lovely" symptoms it brings.

Cute Ghost: I'd take the scale drop as a win!

to 3FC, tochangemylife! Happy to have you in the neighborhood. Geez, I think I could write a book about gaining weight during graduate school! It's so good that you're actively addressing it now rather than later.

facingfacts12: As Maya Angelou once said, "when you know better, you do better." Sounds like you learned a lot the last time you lost and regained your weight. You're doing a great job! You won't make the same mistakes again.

Wishing everyone a good night and pleasant dreams.

Last edited by curvynotlumpy; 10-24-2017 at 09:46 PM.
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 07:38 PM   #87  
Cupcake lover

S/C/G: 270/260/135

Height: 5'5

Martine What a sweet idea of baby books with inscriptions. If I ever become a parent, I now know what to ask for. Books are my favorite, and my friend's little one that is arriving in January already has quite the extensive library thanks to her fairy godmother (me). Sorry that your first day back to work started with a bang. Hoping for a smooth week ahead

Ophelia Happy belated anniversary darling! TOM is a ***** sometimes, glad you are back down in the right direction

Curvy Your Saturday sounded LOVELY! I didn't realize we were neighbors! I'm in upstate SC. Aren't the leaves fabulous? Finally some cool days. Ugh cake sounds so tempting...borderline necessary

Howdy I am so sorry about the workplace drama. It is awful! Plans for the future? Praying for you!!!

Facingfacts nice loss! It's easy to tell you not to get discouraged by the past, but I do it to myself all the time. Soon you will be on the other side of your old starting point. Keep going, you're rocking!

Cute ghost I'm with you on the emotional eating train. Started my most recent weight loss efforts just before a really gut-wrenching break up, and have clung to it as a means of healing. This is the first time I have not leaned on food for emotional support, but it still gets me sometimes and I go full throttle binge. It's been six months and while I am still having a very difficult time emotionally, focusing on diet and fitness keeps me distracted. I hope that you can find healing and happiness in all this. Here for you! You got this!

Tochangemylife Welcome!!! So happy to have you here. Great job setting reachable, practical goals. It's the everyday stuff that matters

I am home safely from North Dakota and the baby shower to end all baby showers. I ATE ALL THE THINGS! Enjoyed some beautiful scenery and time away from working phone service Also, I have not weighed in....expecting quite a surge in numbers. So many cupcakes..... I regret nothing.

Last edited by gulfmagnolia; 10-25-2017 at 07:40 PM.
gulfmagnolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 11:39 PM   #88  
|| Casey ||

Super late check-in for the day, so I will do personals tomorrow, but wanted to make sure I still stopped in to update. I was at the exact same weight today at 234.4. I've been feeling bloated again all day, especially after a higher sodium dinner last night, but at least there was no gain! I walked 5 miles this evening to help balance that all out and have been making sure to get in at least a full day's requirement of water...going to try to refill my bottle a time or two before bedtime. Hope everyone has a great night!

Week Four
25: 234.4 -- TOM. (Felt bloated again today, but at least no gain.)
26:
27:
28:

Old 10-26-2017, 07:54 AM   #89  
Gizmo

gulfmagnolia sounds like you had a great time at the baby shower. And pretty cupcakes are a hard thing to resist, even for me who doesn't have a sweet tooth.

opheliapheonix can't believe that a smoothie could be 800 calories! I don't know how you can drink so much water in the evening to reach your daily goal. That would keep me up at night going to the bathroom. Hope you'll have a great on-plan day.

curvynotlumpy having great candidates to fill a position is what we all hope for when hiring, but I agree that having to tell a candidate that he/she wasn't chosen for the job is never fun. Our company recently switched to an all-online system for applicants and when they're not chosen, they get an email through this website. Can't stop techonology it seems.

tochangemylife welcome to this site!

Hope everyone is having a great week. I had a day off yesterday but it's back to the grind today. Haven't been getting enough water in, even on my days off, when I don't have the excuse of being busy. A new goal for me to work on.

23: no exercise
24: 37 minute HIIT/total body toning workout
25: 5.3km walk
26: 38 minutes upper body workout
Old 10-26-2017, 04:32 PM   #90  
|| Casey ||

Martine: It is definitely not ideal. I prefer to drink it more consistently and spaced out throughout the day...TOM has been making me feeling ehhh, so I just haven't been drinking enough. I didn't end up getting much more in before bed last night, either. I just need to be better about it during the day...lol. That's one of my main goals right now, too!

gulfmagnolia: Thank you! And, yes...TOM is definitely not my favorite week of the month, lol. Glad you had a good time at the baby shower! If there was ever a time to indulge guilt-free, it's definitely when you're on vacation celebrating friends.

curvynotlumpy: I'm glad the interviews went well and will make it easier to find the best choice...I don't envy you having to let the others down, though. I hope they will be able to take it in stride, because it's not your fault, so I'd hate for you to feel bad about letting them know.

Weigh-in was 233.4 today...my scale has been liking that .4 part lately. As long as it keeps going down in those segments and not up, I'm a-okay with it. Haha. Feeling really blah, lethargic, and even a little dizzy today, so I'm thinking TOM is at play again this afternoon. It's just one of those days where you want to curl up on the couch with a hoodie up over your face and do nothing and speak to no one, but - alas - life must go on, lol. My husband should be back from work a couple hours earlier this afternoon (fingers crossed), so I think I might take advantage of that and get my walk out of the way earlier in the day today. We shall see if that pans out! Hope you're all having a great day today.

Week Four
25: 234.4 -- TOM. (Felt bloated again today, but at least no gain.)
26: 233.4 -- TOM. (Feeling really lethargic and foggy today.)
27:
28: