Old 10-13-2017, 01:23 PM   #46  

S/C/G: S214/C190.0/G114

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for all the encouragement guys!

Curvy:
Quote:
Wow, you've been through the cycle of life in the interim, haven't you?!
Just last weekend I went to a baby shower, a funeral, and a bday party for a 5 year old all on the same day.

Martine: Hope the staycation is going well! Anything fun planned?

Ophelia: Welcome back! How were the burritos? I attempted to make healthy meatloaf yesterday but apparently I blended the veggies too much and the meatloaf became green. oops! Luckily, still tasted fine.

Facingfacts: Seriously, I always just assumed salads were healthy til I started looking at nutrition facts when I was counting calories for Weight Watchers. Some of those dressings have more calories than a Big Mac!

GulfMagnolia:
Quote:
I regularly read and re-read these posts throughout the day, especially when I'm trying to find motivation to workout or distraction from overeating or inspiration to continue this nonsense weight loss crap in general.
YES! This forum definitely helps with motivation, ideas, and general camaraderie since everyone else I know is thin and not struggling with weightloss (super annoying!) I hate being the "fat friend."

Finally have a weekend off work! Worked out with the trainer this morning, he's from Lebanon so he always has interesting stories. Have been trying to eat something every 3 hours per his recommendation, which is fine on days off, but even with alarms set on my phone that ring loudly at work every 3 hrs, I still don't manage to do as well as I'd like (another reason I have liquid meals because there is *literally* no time to sit down)! Weather is still supposed to be hot & humid this weekend. Ick. What do y'all do on your days off?

Last edited by howdytx; 10-13-2017 at 01:25 PM.
howdytx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 01:30 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 234.5/224/155(135 dream goal)

Height: 5 6

gulfmagnolia, ditto!! Its honestly a life saver to come on here. Isn't it crazy how when you are trying to live healthy/lose weight you NEED to keep it on the forefront of your mind and talk about it and read about it? Its awesome to be sharing a journey with such awesome and inspirational women!

Martine, wow, congratulations!! How great that you were recognized like that! Plus now you can do this minus the 10lbs

You know, as i've mentioned before, there's certainly a lot of frustrating things in my life i have no or very little control over - so the sudden focus on myself and my health, knowing that I CAN control this... even if change is slow - is very empowering. While I am kicking myself for how long I have neglected "me"... I'm also just happy to finally being on the right track. My sugar levels are still kinda high recently for some reason - not diabetic... but too close for comfort. I'm still trying to figure out how to get the levels down naturally. Sometimes it seems nothing to do with what I eat. But it also makes me think about how bad this would have been a year from now or even now if I was still neglecting my health!
facingfacts12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 01:35 PM   #48  

howdytx, we must have been posting at the same time. Yeah that's crazy all the events you had in one day! That's exciting to have a personal trainer. I have quite a few friends from Lebanon. On my days off (is there such a thing anymore for me?)... I'm busy catching up on chores, spending time with kids etc... there's always too much to do in my day and a 24 hour period is never enough whether its a day off or not. i am always behind. Which is part of the reason (or excuse) or why taking care of "me" went down the tube first.
I try to eat every 3 hours also. I try to have small snacks, or break up my meals where the meal I would have eaten in one setting is now split between two times.
Old 10-14-2017, 04:12 PM   #49  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Just a quick check-in today, will do personals tomorrow when I have more time. Saying hello to everyone in the meantime, though!

Well, burrito night ended up being a bad idea this soon into my fresh start, because it triggered a full-on three day binge! (My husband ended up ordered pizza the next day, too.) Whoops...lesson learned, ugh. So, sorry I was missing for a couple days -- I was embarrassed. But, avoiding the scale wasn't going to help me any, so I am here to report a three pound gain...to the ounce, actually, as my weigh-in today was back up to 241.0. I got in my walks at least, though. Refocusing today and hoping to get back to where I was sometime in the next few days. Unfortunately, this all happened at the end of the week, so I will only show a 0.2 lb loss for Week Two, but I will do my best to make up for it in Week Three! I will have to plan accordingly for this coming Friday, though, because that is my and my husband's 10 year anniversary, and we have reservations at a yummy Italian restaurant that night...lol. So, of course, that will be right before my next weekly weigh-in... Haha.

Week Two
08: NWI.
09: 240.6
10: 239.0
11: 238.0
12: NWI.
13: NWI.
14: 241.0
----------------------------
End of Week One: 241.2
Total Loss for Week Two: 0.2 lbs.

opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 04:35 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

I hope everyone is having a good Saturday. Thanks for all your kind words and concern regarding the fires. High alerts remain in effect as there are many fires still burning. I don't live anywhere near where the fires are but knowing that so many are suffering and have lost homes keeps those folks in my thoughts and prayers. This morning I read that the home of Peanuts creator, Charles Schulz burnt down. The Charles M. Schulz museum is in the same town but so far has not been threatened though it is closed.

Martine: Ten seems to be your lucky number! Ten days off, ten pounds down! Kudos to you for being chosen to share your career story! I love the idea of an inspiration board. Hearing people's stories about how they got from one position or place to another never fails to inspire and think about my own journey.

opheliaphoenix: Those three pounds will be gone as quickly as they were gained. Whether it's burrito night, pizza night, Taco Tuesday and everything in between, we've all been there.

howdytx: Yay, for a weekend off! Do you find your liquid meals on the run keep you as full as solid food? To answer your question; while I'm getting better at carving out time for myself to do other things, I still find myself at work at least one day out of the weekend. It's a terrible routine. Don't be me!

gulfmagnolia: to your comment about sharing space with highly intelligent, kick-a** women on these boards. Couldn't agree more!
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 05:55 PM   #51  
Gizmo

howdytx I hope you are enjoying your weekend off. I usually do chores and catch up on the dvr on my days off. I hear you on trying to keep up your routine while at work, but for me it's with water. Your idea of an alarm reminding you to eat is a smart idea. I may just try that to remind me to drink water.

facingfact12 you are right to feel empowered with what you are doing right now. Being in control is a great feeling.

opheliapheonix been there, re a certain meal turning into days of eating anything and everything. The fact that you are walking is a sign of your committment no matter what happens. And a 10- year anniversary is a big milestone and should be celebrated accordingly, scale be damned.

curvynotlumpy that's sad to hear about Charles Schultz's home being destroyed. And all of those people who lost their lives due to those fires, such senseless losses.

So yesterday on the first day of my vacation, I sort of crashed and had zero energy. Sadly that meant a second consecutive day of not exercising, but at least I actually cooked food and ate on plan, though I overate at supper. Today I got in a walk and am feeling better.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

01: 37 minutes cardio/lower body workout
02: 37 minutes cardio/upper body workout
03: 3.3km walk
04: no exercise
05: 22 minutes cardio toning + 20 minutes upper body workout
06: 3.3km walk
07: 30 minutes cardio toning
08: no exercise
09: 28 minutes upper body workout
10: 3.9km walk
11: 30 minutes HIIT lower body workout
12: no exercise
13: no exercise
14: 3.4km walk

Last edited by Martine; 10-14-2017 at 05:56 PM.
Martine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 10:53 AM   #52  
Cupcake lover

S/C/G: 270/260/135

Height: 5'5

Hello darlings! Hoping this weekend finds everyone happy and healthy! Saw lots of ups and downs this PMS week. 3lbs up one day, 1 pound down the next, repeat. Weight loss is not linear, as we all know. But this past week has been exceptionally obnoxious in regards to fluctuation. I felt bloated and big and thought I might be stuck at this size forever regardless of my efforts. Woe. Then got a loss on the scale this morning. Sometimes you just have to ignore it all and keep trying. And say no to woe.

10/3: 216.2
10/8: 207.2
10/15: 203.8
10/22:
10/29:
10/31:

Howdy i am the fat friend too. It's bewildering to some that I am 'gaining' on them It's happy to most that I am getting back to my old self. Absolutely everyone has been supportive for once (except my friend who recently underwent weight loss surgery...idk what her deal is)

Martine happy vacation darling! Congrats on the ten lb loss and congrats on being recognized at work. Lots of good things

Ophelia Don't ever be embarrassed. Being able to spit the truth here is such a freeing, comforting, experience. It's nice to 'get real' about my body with people I can trust. And if you could see me eat fried chicken, you'd never be embarrassed to talk about anything again

Facingfacts The sense of control and independence is one thing I love about this whole process. Damn near the only thing I love about it...

Curvy So many hugs to you, and prayers going out to all those who are affected by these horrible wildfires. Watching my friends go through hardship is worse than experiencing myself.

Last edited by gulfmagnolia; 10-15-2017 at 10:55 AM.
gulfmagnolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 11:07 AM   #53  

Happy Sunday ladies!

gulfmagnolia, you're on fire! Keep it going! Sense of control and independence is right... although sometimes I feel like this is like controling a VERY huge powerful wild and untamable beast, make one mistake and you're in trouble lol... I dipped down to 246.5 yesterday but I had a drink and dessert for a friends birthday yesterday - the scale noted that this morning and gave me a 1.5lb gain. Ugh... I haven't really been counting week to week, but I'm basiclaly standing in the same spot I feel. Today gonna try to be super good.

curvynotlumpy, that's so sad about Charles Schulz home Oh my God, when will all these disasters stop? And the sad thing is that mankind is just adding their own. From shootings in Vegas to everything else

opheliaphoenix, in the words of Dory, just keep swimming! I had a 1.5lb gain from just one MEAL of not being great! I learned from the previous time I tried this, that the scale slaps on the pounds lavishly for every "sin".... so the sooner one puts a break on that the better. With working one month to lose 10lbs, I know they can be back on my body in just 7 days or less with how my body rolls lol
I think a fun "cheat" meal every once in a while isn't going to kill the weight loss process all in all. But I have to be careful not to ever let it turn into anything more.
Old 10-15-2017, 06:17 PM   #54  
Gizmo

gulfmagnolia amazing loss once again this week! You are right about ignoring the ups and downs and sticking to the plan. It can't help but pay off in the end. And at some point when your body is used to the routine, you just switch it up and keep going.

I almost didn't exercise today. My in-laws were coming this afternoon so I didn't want to exercise beforehand but then I crashed and dozed off for a mid-afternoon nap. Every time I woke up I would say "Time to exercise" but then I'd fall back asleep. By 5:15pm I got up and decided to lift weights, because no matter how tired or drowsy I may be, I can always lift weights.

Hope everyone has enjoyed a wonderful weekend.

15: 38 minutes upper body workout
Old 10-15-2017, 08:51 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 236/230,2/170

Smile Hello there

I am new to this website and searching for people that are also on a diet.
I startet eating healthier about two months ago, but it is hard to reach your goals without a group.
Is it ok if i join this group?
Cute Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 10:52 PM   #56  
Cupcake lover

S/C/G: 270/260/135

Height: 5'5

Cute ghost Welcome! We love new folks
gulfmagnolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 05:13 PM   #57  
Gizmo

Cute Ghost welcome to this thread

Got moving early this morning so that I could enjoy the rest of the day and not fret about exercising. The temperatures took a dive overnight, it was really cold on my walk. And I ran into an old employee who was walking her two Westies, that was fun for both Loki and me. Now time to make some hot food for supper, trying a new recipe (red thai curry). Hope it'll be good, if not we have last night's soup as leftovers.

Have a great evening everyone!

15: 38 minutes upper body workout
16: 3.9km walk
Old 10-17-2017, 11:03 AM   #58  

S/C/G: S214/C190.0/G114

Height: 5'2"

Hello ladies!

Curvy: Yes, the liquid meals/protein shakes are just as filling as solid food, but only because they are packets from Ideal Protein (the plan I'm on) so mostly protein with few carbs (plus I can mix in COFFEE and powdered veggies since I don't get enough veggies in my diet). I used to use the Shake-ology powder from Beachbody but I found I was always hungry afterwards in like an hour or two and I needed it to last at least til lunchtime!

Martine: The alarms on my phone work wonders. Although I am considering changing to the silent alarms on my fitbit so it's not so annoying at work when they go off I have seen a water bottle that reminds you to drink from it every so often as another alternative??? Glad you are finally getting some R&R in for your staycation. Just as important as exercise in my book to recover from all the stress at work!

Ophelia: on the 10 year milestone! That's wonderful! Also, still impressed you are getting up early to exercise. I hate mornings and if I have to be up before the sun is shining, I will not be a pleasant person.

Gulfmagnolia: Your friend who had surgery is probably just jealous you are losing weight the "right" way. Hope she comes around and realizes she can be happy for your accomplishment as well as her own. Also on
Quote:
Say no to woe
Facingfacts:
Quote:
I am always behind
YES me too! I have a to do list, which always seems to be getting longer instead of shorter

Cute Ghost:

This week went OK, not great. Skipped one personal training session because I wasn't feeling well. Weigh-in was exactly the same as last week, but lost inches at waist, hips, thighs, etc so working out must be doing something. Trying to do 10k a day on my fitbit with weekly challenges w/friends. 10k didn't seem like a lot until I tried to do it. I also had a *Minor* mishap using our stove for the 1st time and I burned the chicken but somehow the center was still raw even though it was on medium? Our house still smells like smoke 4 days later....oops.

Super excited about going to a seminar on the 1918 flu pandemic tonight so I gotta get my exercise in early today. Good luck this week everyone!

Last edited by howdytx; 10-17-2017 at 11:11 AM.
howdytx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 08:43 PM   #59  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

curvynotlumpy: That is so sad to hear about Charles Schultz's home! He was one of my husband's favorite people and holds his work dear to his heart, so he was particularly bummed to hear about it. I'm hoping the museum stays safe...it's a shame that so much was lost already. I'm happy to read that his widow was relocated safely, though!

Martine: I am glad that getting back into your walking schedule made you feel better...I'll be doing the same either tonight or tomorrow after two consecurive days off, as well.

gulfmagnolia: Glad you got your loss after a frustrating week of fluctuations! Hoping for the same by week's end...lol. And, that's very true -- the bit about being able to be real here. It has what has always kept me going on this path. I don't really talk about any of this to anyone else except for, occasionally, my husband.

facingfacts: Daily weighing has definitely shown me how much the body can fluctuate over the tiniest things! It's interesting to see, but still frustrating all the same...haha. I will eventually move into weekly weighing, but I feel like daily tracking is keeping me more honest with myself in the meantime while I get a life-long routine set up.

Cute Ghost: Of course...the more the merrier! Welcome.

howdytx: Thank you! And, last week was definitely not a usual thing for me...lol. I hate mornings with a passion, but I've been having to get up by 5:30am every weekday morning either way since the kids started school, since I have to drive the older one in due to an early "zero hour" band class. Last week, she had the week off of school, so I was able to have someone here with the sleeping toddler...so, I took advantage of it since my body clock still had me waking up at 5-5:30 anyway, haha. She started back this week, so I haven't been able to go in the morning anymore and am now back into struggling to find the time between everyone getting home, making dinner for them, and getting out before it gets dark now with these earlier sundowns. Going to have to figure out a way to get an accurate reading on my FitBit with a stroller to go during the day, I think. Carrying him on my back hurts my hips after awhile now that he's getting bigger, so it's been a solution for a couple trips, but it's not a long-term one.

----------------------------------------

Weigh-in yesterday was down a little to 239.6, but then right back up to 240.6 today...I was on-plan yesterday, but I didn't do any exercise and I barely drank any water, so I think that might be why. I wasn't able to do the walk today either, but going to see if I can squeeze in a shorter evening walk before it gets too dark. Just in case that doesn't happen, I'm going to focus on drinking more water. On a better note, though, I experimented with some vegetarian fajitas the past two days, and I have found a healthier alternative to my cravings for burrito night! It's just about as delicious - and I scratch the same itch for Mexican food - but it is so much lower in calories that I can even indulge in seconds without breaking the calorie bank....lol. So, win-win!

(Update: I ended up getting in a walk this evening afterall...it was shorter, but it was still 3 miles, and it at least made me surpass my 10k minimum goal for the day, so yay!)

Week Three
15: 241.0
16: 239.6
17: 240.6
18:
19:
20:
21:
----------------------------
End of Week Two: 241.0
Total Loss for Week Three:

Last edited by opheliaphoenix; 10-17-2017 at 10:16 PM.
opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 09:14 PM   #60  

Hello ladies! Checking in. I'm swinging like a pendulum around the same weight Been real good for a couple days now so hoping to see some scale love tomorrow. Considering how careful I have to be to even shed a single pound and not put on 3 by one extra calorie, I kind of wonder at times at how is it that with not really even thinking about all the food I was throwing into my body on a daily basis, its a wonder I don't weigh 700lbs right now.

opheliaphoenix, I LOVE finding substitute recepies I love the taste of that are so much healthier! Suddenly life isn't so bad Glad you found a great burrito alternative

howdytx, that sounds like an interesting seminar!

Martine, you are my exercise hero! Did your coworker notice how badass you are?

Cute ghost welcome, and don't stay a ghost Tell us more about you