S/C/G: 270/260/135

Height: 5'5

9/1: 212.2
9/3: 211
9/10:
9/17:
9/24:
9/30:

Last edited by gulfmagnolia; 09-03-2017 at 11:07 AM.
gulfmagnolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 06:01 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

and good afternoon, friends.

I hope everyone is having a lovely long weekend. Martine, I need you to send us some of your cool, rainy fall-like weather. Yesterday it was 112 degrees (as promised ) and today it is a bit cooler at 102 degrees. I've been indoors and staying hydrated

Martine: I'm not doing a whole bunch this weekend but some fun stuff. Yesterday, I went shopping with a friend. We mostly window shopped and picked up a few non clothing items. I had prepared myself that although we'd be looking at clothes, I'd mostly look to see what I liked and what I could possibly see myself in. Because I didn't try on a bunch of stuff, it wasn't discouraging at all! I did pick up a nice pair of workout shorts that were long enough to prevent chub rub. Win!

gulfmagnolia: "Curvy and comfy, that sounds like a clothing brand" It does, indeed, but I have a sneaking suspicion that manufacturers would get it ALL wrong and we'd be looking at item after time with elastic and synthetics and no real shape to them at all!

I really like the idea of activity goals that you, Martine and RunningRedHead have set. May I join you? It's not like I've been getting a lot of mindful exercise/movement later, so this is a great motivator. Because it's been so ***n I've been getting things done in the early morning. Tomorrow I have a walk planned to the Post Office to send something off that I will do before the sun rises.
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 10:59 PM   #18  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Hi Everyone

NP starting the threads ... and I know I need to be a more active participant

Martine good job on the 4lbs down That's a great mindset regarding weight coming off. Martine good job on the walk

Traveller good job on being so close to 100lbs GONE. You have done really well. Keep up the great work

gulfmagnolia I'm a cupcake/cake lover also. I recently discovered the little individual strawberry shortcake cups that Walmart sells and the Boston cream fudge cake the sell. They were marked down so I bought them to try. NOT A GOOD IDEA OR SMART thing to do I know ... but I don't pass up many discounted food items ... the price always says TRY ME smh LOL on the clothing brand name, it does sound like one

ComfyCritters, I have a few things in my closet that I'd like to get back into I've donated a lot of things big and small. BIG of course because I never plan to go back to those sizes and small because some of the things I bought I wonder what in the world I was thinking when I bought them . Are you doing the actual IP items or are you just following their concept? How is it going for you?

Curvy, I have those clothes that won't zip/close (can't breathe in them) in a pile in my closet. I look at them periodically My goodness it's hot where you are ... I'm having issues with the low to mid 70's ... we had some low 60's for about four days ... I was in heaven (ahhh)

Kayla, good for you on getting your steps in and starting C25K I've attempted C25K twice but never finished. I don't think I have got pass week two or three I long to run. I figure one day it will happen.

... all is as well as can be with me. I'm not doing anything and I mean ANYTHING to lose weight. I start to think about it periodically, I may eat one OP meal and then I don't know what happens. It's like I no longer have the drive or desire to look or feel better.

gained 4.4lbs in August. I only weighed in 4 times the entire month. I need to see where I am weight wise now.

Last edited by love2b150; 09-03-2017 at 10:59 PM.
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 09:18 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 291.1/ticker/161

Height: 5'11.5"

Good morning everyone!

Martine: Tracking activity has definitely relieved the pressure I put on myself. Way to go choosing to exercise instead of skipping it, I’m sure the pup loved it too! I worked the weekend but I’m off for the day today, then back and at it Tuesday and Wednesday before three days off. Enjoy the holiday

Curvy: idk how you deal with that heat! I’m sweating just thinking about it.

Gulf: Way to go, down 1 lb!

Rennie: I too have only ever reached week 2-3 in the past (and I’ve started it about four times already). I’m hoping that since I’m including it as a goal here, the accountability factor will help The motivation wasn’t there for me either during the month of August. I think sometimes everyone just needs a break or to revisit what’s driving them to do this in the first place. Good luck to you.

Vladadog, Traveller, VickieLou:

Starting C25K today. Last time I started it, an old injury flared up; I'm hoping today will go better.
Have a great day everyone!

SW: 279.6
GW: 275

9/1: 279.6 10,431 steps
9/2: 277.0 11,765 steps
9/3: 279.7 11,610 steps
9/4: 279.3
RunningRedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 10:57 AM   #20  
Cupcake lover

Rennie Boston creme fudge cake?! Witchcraft!!

Thanks redhead!

I've got my hopes up for September. Sticking to exercise really changes the way I feel and my body feels. I planned some 'rewards' for my Onederland goal which are to get a personal trainer and upgrade to premium on MyFitnessPal. I am so looking forward to looking like myself and even more so, feeling like myself! I think sticking to exercise every day will get me there mid October. Trying not to obsess at the scale.

All this weight lost...why am I'm still so BIG?!?! Sigh.
Old 09-04-2017, 01:12 PM   #21  
Gizmo

curvynotlumpy sounds like a nice, relaxing weekend. I enjoy "window shopping" but online. Unless I have something to buy, I rarely go to the stores. Now I need a new pair of jeans, my old ones gave up on me. Great that you found workout shorts that cover enough of the thigh area to avoid chub rub. I go for workout capris, shorts always ride up on me :/

GulfMagnolia I like that your rewards for reaching Onederland are health-related. You're so close, we're all cheering you on! Did you take a picture of yourself when you started on this journey to lose weight? You are not "so big", you're much smaller than you were, try and keep that in mind.

Rennie sending positive energy your way so you can find the motivation to get you back to a healthier you

RunningRedHead running is for the brave I say. What does the first week of C25K look like? Hope you have some fun with it.

Yesterday I did some cardio and it showed that I had not worked out that hard in more than a week. Today I plan a long upper body workout and more walking, it the rain can hold off a bit. Hope everyone is having a great Labour Day!

01: 3.3km walk
02: 4.3km walk
03: 40 minutes cardio
Martine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 07:30 PM   #22  
~Rennie

Thanks Kayla and way to go on those steps I've taken a long break. I really need to get my head back in the game. Be careful doing C25K

gulfmagnolia, my daughter corrected me, it's Boston Creme Cake with fudge icing. If you've ever had the yellow fudge iced cake from Harris Teeter? that is what it taste like. It's just less expensive even without the mark down The gym I have a membership at offered me a personal trainer (for a day I think) and dropped my monthly rate to $5 not to cancel. I so want to go to the gym but when I leave work I am pooped. ... this too is the same for me ---> Sticking to exercise really changes the way I feel and my body feels. So why aren't I doing it Good for you on sticking with it

Thanks Martine Good for you on getting those workouts in

Curvy and Martine I can't window shop. I always end up buying something from a clearance rack, if not for me, I'll find something for Rissa. But now that she's a teenager it's hard to pick out things for her. She's growing up too fast.

Today was a lazy day. I stayed in till the very last minute then I went out for the juice Rissa needed for lunch Oh and I think my focus is gonna be to start drinking 10 - 8oz glasses of water a day. I haven'd done that in a long time either.

Last edited by love2b150; 09-04-2017 at 07:40 PM.
Old 09-05-2017, 07:29 AM   #23  
Gizmo

Rennie I think that drinking more water is a great goal to ease you back into things.

Yesterday I walked late afternoon and more than halfway home, I started to feel droplets of rain and figured I'd be stuck waiting for David to come and get me by car somewhere. Luckily it only rained hard for about 5 seconds and then random droplets followed Loki and me home. Then I lifted weights and for some exercises, I pushed myself to use 10-pound dumbells. I love upper body workouts more than any other type of exercise actually, but I know I can only do it 3 times per week. This morning I got in a HIIT workout, which I actually enjoyed. Hope everyone has a great Tuesday coming up.

04: 3.3km walk + 35 minutes upper body workout
05: 34 minutes HIIT

Last edited by Martine; 09-05-2017 at 10:42 AM.
Old 09-05-2017, 08:37 PM   #24  

friends!

I hope everyone had a good weekend and Labor Day if celebrated. I surprised myself and did exactly what I said I would do and got out of bed before the sun rose, walked to the Post Office and back. Yesterday I managed over 6 miles of walking. Win!

RunningRedHead: To answer your question about the , I don't. I whine and complain a lot! I don't know why, I'm originally from Nebraska where we had heat AND humidity. Clearly, I've become a weather as I get older! doing C25K!

Rennie: Getting your water in is a great way to get you back into a routine. Doing something we know we can do regularly is often a great motivator.

Martine: Workout capris are my choice as well, for the same reasons you stated. The shorts I bought are like bike shorts (but not) and the material "hugs" my legs so I can avoid ride up. I have two other pairs that are made the same way, but surprise, surprise, I can't fit comfortably in them at this time.

gulfmagnolia: "All this weight lost...why am I still so BIG?" Stop this, stop this right now, missy! You've done wonderful things for your body and you're not done yet!
Old 09-05-2017, 09:35 PM   #25  
~Rennie

Thanks Martine I didn't succeed today only two 16.9oz bottles, smh. But tomorrow is another day. Good job on your workout Whew 10lb weights, GO YOU

Thanks Curvy I take my water with me so I had no excuse not to drink it ... I'm home tomorrow so, I'll start early and hopefully get it all in 6 miles is great! Keep up the good work

Today was a rip and run day from the time I got off work. The long shifts are starting already but since they don't want us to do any real overtime ... I'm off 2-3 times a week. Trying to relax as much as possible while I can
Old 09-06-2017, 02:37 PM   #26  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Well Rennie, if you're back, I'm back! I've been lurking here, and posting on the other daily weigh in thread, but I've been doing a ketogenic diet for 3 weeks and I'm loving it so far. I fell way far off the wagon and now I've lost almost 10 pounds and I've managed to stay on plan for 3 weeks straight, and that in itself is motivating me to keep on going.

Hello to all the other old familiar faces and names

Last edited by Angie; 09-06-2017 at 02:37 PM.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 08:27 PM   #27  

Good day, but long day. to everyone. Will write more tomorrow. Have a wonderful evening!
Old 09-06-2017, 10:06 PM   #28  
Cupcake lover

I was lamenting the monotony of exercise, vitamins, deceitful scales and health foods (and getting way ahead of myself) when a coworker told me that cheat days were her 'boost' in weight loss. Some such nonsense about the spike in calories immediately followed by strict dieting always pushed her body to "whoosh every time."
Lies.
I finally scheduled myself a designated cheat day for yesterday and darlings, let me tell you, I FEEL LIKE SH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!T. And have also gained 3lbs overnight. I regret it wholeheartedly. Well, except for the Snickers....

Hoping everyone is happy and well-fed. xo

Last edited by gulfmagnolia; 09-06-2017 at 10:08 PM.
Old 09-07-2017, 05:19 AM   #29  
Gizmo

Rennie two bottles of water is a great start I say. We're under a boiling water advisory here currently, gotta buy bottled water.

Angie your results on this keto diet are so encouraging. Nice to se you here again.

gulfmagnolia I don't do cheat days for the reason you described, ie your body feels awful the next day. Do not stress the 3 pounds, it's not a real weight gain.

So my goal of being active every day has ended. Yesterday I came home late from work with a headache and did not feel up to doing anything and in fact fell asleep around 8pm. In the past, I was all or nothing and this would be enough to stop me altogether, but thank goodness I've changed my mindset over time.

Hope everyone will have a great day!

04: 3.3km walk + 35 minutes upper body workout
05: 34 minutes HIIT
06: no exercise
Old 09-07-2017, 10:32 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 291.1/ticker/161

Height: 5'11.5"

Good morning everyone!

I just got home from dropping Loki off at the vet; she’s been throwing up the last day or so and I’m not sure whose separation anxiety is worse, hers or mine.. I’m leaning toward mine since she was wagging her tail and very excited to see the people at the vet’s office ….

Martine: The first week is 30 minutes for three days. You start out by walking as a warm-up for five minutes, followed by alternating 1 minute of jogging with 1 ½ minutes of walking for 20 minutes and then walk for 5 minutes to cool down.
Over the course of 8-9 weeks, you slowly increase the time you jog and decrease the amount of time walking until you’re jogging for 20 minutes straight. That always seems to be the goal, and I totally agree with you that running is for the brave; I’ve never stuck with it for longer than the first few weeks, so I’m not sure I qualify Way to go sticking with your walk and getting that HIIT and upper body workout in! Hope your headache feels better!

Curvy: Way to stick to your plan of getting up early and walking! And I’m with you on the complaining about the heat haha

Rennie: Hydration is a great goal! The last month or two I really noticed how big a role hydration plays in my mood, energy levels, and how I feel overall.

Angie:

Have a great day everyone!

SW: 279.6
GW: 275

9/1: 279.6 10,431 steps
9/2: 277.0 11,765 steps
9/3: 279.7 11,610 steps
9/4: 279.3 6,619 steps
9/5: NWI 10,199 steps
9/6: 279.7 9,519 steps
9/7: 278.3
RunningRedHead is offline   Reply With Quote