Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2017, 03:36 PM   #136  
Gizmo

Good Saturday afternoon everyone

LauraRVA42011 a huge congratulations on 60 pounds gone!

imthegoddess hope your son is still feeling better, that was a stressful situation. Could it have possibly been an anxiety attack, from all the pressure building up during exams? The important thing is that you sought immediate medical attention and sounds like they took great care of your son. Never mess around with breathing issues.

Only one and a half day remaining to my vacation and that makes me feel blah. I decided that I won't weigh in daily anymore, because the weight loss is so slow, no matter how hard I work at it, that I end up being discouraged. I'll rather focus on the exercise I do and other positives. I too have been struggling with sleep but I think I have finally identified what it is: terminal insomnia, ie sleeping 3-5 hours and then waking up and having trouble going back to sleep. The internet is full of information but not much on how to treat it.

Anyway hope everyone is enjoying a great weekend and is finishing out July on a high note.
Old 07-29-2017, 08:02 PM   #137  
Cupcake lover

S/C/G: 270/260/135

Height: 5'5

Goddess Sending prayers of healing and faith! What a tough few days, whew!
Old 07-29-2017, 11:51 PM   #138  
I can and will do this!

S/C/G: Goal is to reach 170

Hi everybody,
Still hanging in here. Back and forth 3 pounds and that is it. I am eating on plan which gives me more energy and am not groggy, lethargic and tired.

Haven't exercised at all due to a severe case of plantar fasciitis where I am forcing myself not to cry just walking around.
God, I hate it!
Best of luck to you all, congrats to you who have lost so much weight (Laura) and prayers for your son's recovery, imthegoddess.
Old 07-30-2017, 08:47 AM   #139  
Gizmo

futurehealthyme I'm really sorry to hear about your plantar fasciitis, I know it must hurt like h***. I had a heal spur years ago and I could barely walk on that foot, so I understand what you are going through. Have you consulted a doctor yet? Are biking or swimming activities that you could do despite the tremendous pain? It's great that you are not letting this derail you from eating well and taking care of yourself. You're showing great resolve there. Hang in there

Good Sunday morning everyone! Last day of my vacation, I honestly could've used another week. Hope everyone will have a wonderful Sunday!

30: 38-minute HIIT workout + 20-minute upper body strength workout
Old 07-30-2017, 09:56 AM   #140  
Cupcake lover

S/C/G: 270/260/135

Height: 5'5

Survived the week long visit with my dear friend. I took her walking all around downtown, farmers markets, national parks and hiking out in the mountains. We got our steps in every day that she was here, but we also got more than enough calories ha! It was a lovely time but I am happy to be back on track. Happy (almost) August everyone!

June 30: 232.2
July 4: 234.2
July 9: 234.8
July 16: 230
July 23: 225.8
July 30: 223.6
July 31: 223.6

Last edited by gulfmagnolia; 07-31-2017 at 10:45 PM.
Old 07-30-2017, 11:23 AM   #141  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 286.8/198.8/150ish

Height: 5'6"

Everyone, thank you for the kind words and thoughts. He seems to be doing better, but they want us to check in with his regular doctor tomorrow. Hubby is home, so he will take him tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martine View Post
Good Saturday afternoon everyone

imthegoddess hope your son is still feeling better, that was a stressful situation. Could it have possibly been an anxiety attack, from all the pressure building up during exams? The important thing is that you sought immediate medical attention and sounds like they took great care of your son. Never mess around with breathing issues.

Only one and a half day remaining to my vacation and that makes me feel blah. I decided that I won't weigh in daily anymore, because the weight loss is so slow, no matter how hard I work at it, that I end up being discouraged. I'll rather focus on the exercise I do and other positives. I too have been struggling with sleep but I think I have finally identified what it is: terminal insomnia, ie sleeping 3-5 hours and then waking up and having trouble going back to sleep. The internet is full of information but not much on how to treat it.

Anyway hope everyone is enjoying a great weekend and is finishing out July on a high note.
Oh Martine, going back to work after vacation is rough. As far as sleep, do you have a medical school, or a hospital near by that has a sleep lab? If so, you may want to check into that. They may be able to help you. As for the son, other's have questioned stress, and that could have helped aggravate the situation. He did have a high white count coupled with a fever, so there was definitely an infection in play. If it happens again, I will take him to the respiratory specialty hospital here. I should make an appointment with our allergist to have him tested too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfmagnolia View Post
Survived the week long visit with my dear friend. I took her walking all around downtown, farmers markets, national parks and hiking out in the mountains. We got our steps in every day that she was here, but we also got more than enough calories ha! It was a lovely time but I am happy to be back on track. Happy (almost) August everyone!
I'm glad you had nice time with your friend. Great job on the steps.

Futurehealthyme, I had that once, and it was very painful. Try to force yourself to do the stretches to help alleviate the pain.

Curveynotlumpy, are you feeling better?

My weight has stayed the same, and I guess that a good thing. I wish to wake up tomorrow and be at 265 so I hit goal, but what's the chance of that at this point.

SW: 274.6 lbs
GW: 265 lbs

07/01: 274.6
07/02: 271.7 yes!
07/03: 270.4
07/04: 269.9
07/05: 269.2
07/06: 270.4
07/07: 271.3

07/08: 270.4
07/09: 269.5
07/10: 267.4
07/11: 269.9
07/12: 369.9
07/13: 269.9
07/14: no weigh in

07/15: no weigh in
07/16: no weigh in
07/17: no weigh in
07/18: 269.9
07/19: 268.7 back in the right direction.
07/20: 268.9
07/21: 268.4

07/22: 266.9
07/23: no weigh in
07/24: no weigh in
07/25: 268.1
07/26: no weigh in
07/27: 266.6
07/28: no weigh in

07/29: no weigh in
07/30: 266.5
07/31:

Total Lost in July: lbs

Last edited by imthegoddess; 07-30-2017 at 11:25 AM.
Old 07-30-2017, 01:58 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Good morning

I hope everyone has had an enjoyable weekend. I have a few things on my to do list including wrapping some long over due birthday gifts for one of my dear friends. While we never forget each other's actual birthdays, we both have a generous window for when gifts arrive. Same for Christmas. Literally, we've had Christmas in July! What this means is some very random and joyful giving.

Martine: I've thought about you off and on over these last two weeks knowing that you were on vacation. It's always kind of a bummer to see the clock wind down, isn't it. However, your check-ins were filled with rest and experiences that have hopefully refreshed you. BTW, while I have not given up on daily weighing I don't feel any need to report out daily my weight. The slight fluctuations don't seem to merit that.

futurehealthyme: I'm so sorry to hear about your plantar fasciiatis. I've had a couple of good friends have this experience and it is the same is yours. From what I can remember, it comes and goes. Do you have a history with it or is this your first experience? It's darn near impossible to stay off our feet for extended periods of time but do the best you can.

imthegoddess: Yes, I'm feeling much better, thank you for asking. I'm happy your son has turned the corner for the better in regards to his health. How scary and concerning! Good that he is seeing his regular doctor tomorrow. Hopefully you'll find out more.

gulfmagnolia: Sounds like you and your dear friend had a lovely vacation and made the most of it. A little bit of everything with lots of walking! Great job on the scale drop!
Old 07-31-2017, 02:02 AM   #143  
I can and will do this!

S/C/G: Goal is to reach 170

Howdy y'all!
Thank you so much for your kind words and advice.
For some, this condition comes and goes. For others, it comes and stays.
This has started exactly a year ago and has never gone away. Some days were better than others but for the past couple of months it's been unbearable. A week ago I noticed a growth right on the fascia, as well.It's called a plantar fibroma. Needless to say, it hurts.
Officially there is nothing that cures it and don't want steroid injections that only last 2 weeks. I am using special insoles, have ordered special toeless compression socks, have bought stretching ball and foot roller, have a stretching boot like thingie, use calf stretches, etc.
I am feeling down as it really messes with my overall moving around and motivation. I hope and pray that it will get back to manageable pain levels where I can function without limping or cringing when I walk.
Swimming isn't an option due to pool schedule it would only work once a week and it's 20 + miles from my house. I have a device where you place your road bike and use it as a stationary. I need to try that. I can also just use the Bowflex.
I like to walk though.........and am not able to.
I am a teacher and on my feet 99% of my work day and am really worried about it.
Again, thank you for listening and allowing me to vent. I appreciate it more than you know!
I have to think positive and am grateful that I am not in a wheel chair or worse. I am grateful for all the good things in my life. I will overcome this!
Martine, great job on your exercise. I am sorry your vacation is ending. So is mine and I know how you feel. I hope you enjoyed it and feel relaxed and rejuvenated.
curvynotlumpy, your random gift giving amongst your friends sounds like so much fun!!
gulfmagnolia, I am glad you had fun with your friend and made great memories together. Also, awesome job with your weight loss this month! Way to go!
imthegoddess, I am so happy to hear that your son is feeling better. /good idea to keep a close ey on him and go to check ups. Glad your hubby is back and able to help.

Take care and have a lovely week!!

Last edited by futurehealthyme; 07-31-2017 at 02:06 AM.
Old 07-31-2017, 09:45 AM   #144  
One day at a time

Hi everyone. Happy Monday, and happy end of July. I can't believe how fast this year is going. Halloween is already appearing in stores, and while it is my favorite holiday, I don't mind one bit, but it does remind me that the year will be over before we know it. We are going on vacation in the middle of September, and I need to up my walking so life doesn't suck on vacation, since I plan to do a lot of walking.

Futurehealthyme, that sounds awful. I remember I had it a very long time before it would heal. I hope your still does.

Curvynotlumpy, I understand about the daily reporting. I jump on the scale each morning too, but the daily ups and downs get to my head. At least the ups.

SW: 274.6 lbs
GW: 265 lbs

07/01: 274.6
07/02: 271.7 yes!
07/03: 270.4
07/04: 269.9
07/05: 269.2
07/06: 270.4
07/07: 271.3

07/08: 270.4
07/09: 269.5
07/10: 267.4
07/11: 269.9
07/12: 369.9
07/13: 269.9
07/14: no weigh in

07/15: no weigh in
07/16: no weigh in
07/17: no weigh in
07/18: 269.9
07/19: 268.7 back in the right direction.
07/20: 268.9
07/21: 268.4

07/22: 266.9
07/23: no weigh in
07/24: no weigh in
07/25: 268.1
07/26: no weigh in
07/27: 266.6
07/28: no weigh in

07/29: no weigh in
07/30: 266.5
07/31: 265.4

Total Lost in July: 9.2lbs

Last edited by imthegoddess; 07-31-2017 at 09:46 AM.
Old 07-31-2017, 01:14 PM   #145  

Good morning

My day is starting off slowly and I feel like a cat chasing its tail moving from one thing to the next. It was a very warm night for sleeping and I was up several times. I'm sure this has something to do with my inability to concentrate fully. Must push forward, however, as I have much to do today.

futurehealthyme: I'm so sorry you've been enduring foot pain for so long. Sending prayers and good thoughts that by being proactive one or a combination of interventions will help you get some relief.

imthegoddess: Like you, I where the year has went. Shaking my head though that August hasn't even hit and Halloween stuff is showing up in stores. It's ironic because as a child time seemed to drag so quickly. Ah, youth! Where is vacation taking you?
Old 07-31-2017, 02:04 PM   #146  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Ok here's our August thread ... not gonna tell you I'll see you there because I may not and just maybe if I don't say it, I'll pop in and post Ok gotta hang out with my 13 year old ... greetings and blessings to all

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-...ml#post5325257
Old 07-31-2017, 02:45 PM   #147  

See everyone over on the new thread!
Old 07-31-2017, 07:07 PM   #148  
Gizmo

gulfmagnolia sounds like you had a fabulous time with your friend visiting and you are 10+ pounds down this month, congratulations!

imthegoddess you're right, the fever is indicative of an infection, I'm just glad to know that your son is feeling better. Regarding my sleep disorder, I am looking into sleep clinics, but usually you need a referral from a family doctor and I have none. More people are telling me about melatonin, it seems to work for a few people on this board too, I think I'll talk to a pharmacist about it and see if I'm willing to try it (it takes a lot to get me to try things). And you too posted a great drop in July, way to go!

curvynotlumpy I am a Christmas nut, I like your idea of Christmas in July. Really any excuse for gift-giving is alright with me Hope you'll get a much better night's sleep tonight. Do you have air conditioning in your bedroom by any chance? I grew up without AC but a few Summers ago, we had a serious hot and humid spell and I couldn't sleep AT ALL, so I caved and we got AC just for the bedroom.

futurehealthyme I am really sorry to read that you have endured this pain for so long. I can't believe you teach on your feet all day in such pain. Teachers are awesome to begin with, but that shows true grit and commitment. Hope you find relief with the calf stretches and tools that you have on hand.

So another month ends and I'm back at work. The last time I went on vacation, I came back and things seemed to be mostly in control. But this time the assistant-managers' office was a total mess and so many things needed sorting out. I just couldn't get started on my own work before taking care of things, it was a bit disconcerting. But now that's done and a new month begins. See you in the next thread.

30: 38-minute HIIT workout + 20-minute upper body strength workout
31: 30 minute cardio workout
Old 07-31-2017, 10:07 PM   #149  
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by curvynotlumpy View Post
Good morning

My day is starting off slowly and I feel like a cat chasing its tail moving from one thing to the next. It was a very warm night for sleeping and I was up several times. I'm sure this has something to do with my inability to concentrate fully. Must push forward, however, as I have much to do today.

imthegoddess: Like you, I where the year has went. Shaking my head though that August hasn't even hit and Halloween stuff is showing up in stores. It's ironic because as a child time seemed to drag so quickly. Ah, youth! Where is vacation taking you?
Hi curvynotlumpy, my work was strange today too. Only myself and two other workers around. One doc in and out of his office. It certainly didn't seem like a Monday. Time is certainly rushing the older I get. I know exactly what you mean about time dragging when we were kids. We are going to Rome for vacation. Plane tickets are purchased, we just need to plan the details. we are thinking of taking a couple of days and taking a train somewhere from Rome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martine View Post
imthegoddess you're right, the fever is indicative of an infection, I'm just glad to know that your son is feeling better. Regarding my sleep disorder, I am looking into sleep clinics, but usually you need a referral from a family doctor and I have none. More people are telling me about melatonin, it seems to work for a few people on this board too, I think I'll talk to a pharmacist about it and see if I'm willing to try it (it takes a lot to get me to try things). And you too posted a great drop in July, way to go!

curvynotlumpy I am a Christmas nut, I like your idea of Christmas in July. Really any excuse for gift-giving is alright with me Hope you'll get a much better night's sleep tonight. Do you have air conditioning in your bedroom by any chance? I grew up without AC but a few Summers ago, we had a serious hot and humid spell and I couldn't sleep AT ALL, so I caved and we got AC just for the bedroom.
Martine, I take melatonin or benedryl. I still don't sleep the whole night through, but usually, I get back to sleep without much problem. I can't sleep in a hot room. We have a/c, but it cuts out on our cooler nights. Our room is over the garage, and it is much warmer than the other two bedrooms. We have a ceiling fan and two floor fans. They go all year long. If I had a quiet room, I don't think I could sleep, LOL. I've thought about an ac for just the bedroom. Have you seen christmasfanclub.com ? It's a sister site to Halloweenforum.com. It's not very active, but there are some great people over there. Thanks for the nice comment regarding my July loss. I need to rinse and repeat often. LOL
Old 08-01-2017, 01:23 PM   #150  

S/C/G: 291.1/ticker/161

Height: 5'11.5"

Goddess: Oh my! I hope your son is feeling better (and you too). I can’t imagine the stress. :hugs:

Curvy: Indoor chores (not normally my favorite) are such a great alternative when it’s sweltering

Laura: Way to hit the 60 lb mark! Congrats

Martine: I hope you enjoyed the rest of your vacation! The daily weigh-ins are great if your progressing quickly, but the day-to-day fluctuations or slow progress can really mess with your head

Futurehealthyme: So sorry to hear about your plantar fasciitis, sidelining injuries are such a bummer. Way to stay strong and continue eating on plan and keeping up your energy levels!

I can’t believe how quickly the month has gone by. July was kind of a bust for me in terms of losing weight, but at least I can say I didn't gain, right? Great job everyone and I’ll see y’all over in the August thread

SW: 280.5
GW: 268.5
CW: 277.6
Closed Thread