Old 10-19-2017, 07:20 AM   #286  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

My bread caught up with me - 2 flippin days later?! I drank a ton of water last night and didn’t loose all that either. So I’m not too worried, nothing eating mindfully or a few walks can’t fix with time AGAIN. I’m not on any super tight deadline, just my own that I hope to reach and then once again do not. And I have my weekend in front of me where I’m traveling. So some hurdles, challenges or just plain old living. But I’m hopeful come Monday it isn’t too bad. I’m even packing my tennis shoes for some walks over the weekend.

I’ve just popped some pumpkin nutbreads in the oven. We are visiting w one of my siblings and going to help harvest for a day and to visit the cousins as we live a distance from them and do more calls or FaceTimes. It will be a good day and since the guys eat on the run and my BIL likes the bread, then we are good and it’s a thank you for hosting us in their busy schedule.

So I’ll give the day a kick and tackle and see what I’ll come up with. Hopefully you all do just fine this weekend. And maybe just maybe in the next week I can finally leave these gosh darn crappy 230s that my body likes to continuously bob around with. I have had enough. Now if only to tell my mouth and body.

Happy day all!
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 09:08 AM   #287  

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

LemonThyme - That bread! But bread is so... delicious. I, too, am struggling with getting back to where I was. It is a constant struggle. A rest-of-our-lives kind of struggle. But pumpkin nutbread sounds amazing. Especially if it has oats in it. I don't see how you can subject yourself to so much baking deliciousness on a consistent basis. Love that you're packing your tennis shoes so you can stay active even on a travel weekend. Have a great time!

I woke up this morning at 4:55 to hit a 5:30 kickboxing class with a work friend. I decided to wait until Monday to weigh so that I could be at a more "reasonable" weight and didn't ever have to see the real damage. But while I was brushing my teeth, I confronted the fact that I was telling myself a lie. If I weighed this morning, it would be a reset, which I badly need. So I did. And the damage was worse than I had imagined it would be. I also feel a lot fatter now that I have a better idea of how much I gained. But I feel fantastic and very much on track right now. And all of the work goodies are FINALLY FINALLY gone. I haven't been able to find kefir at either of the grocery stores I have stopped at to grab it, but that may be that I don't know where to look. Still not giving up. I'm tired from low sleep, but I have a renewed focus, and I feel really good about it.

Hope all is good for all y'all.

Goals -
1 - 20K steps
2 - Weigh and fat-measure in the morning
3 - Focus on work, but continue to remind myself that "just one" of whatever is not an option for me right now\
4 - Three sets of body weight exercises.
5 - Get to bed at a decent time.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 10:16 AM   #288  

Laurie: our kefir is always next to the yogurt and kids danimals. It is generally in an opaque plastic bottle taller like a milk jug but smaller than a 1/2 gallon. Ours is also generally chest high or higher as well. Maybe this will help in your search.

Product looks like this:
http://lifewaykefir.com/family/kefir/

Hope that helps you.

The baked goods - I sample and move on. It’s how it’s got to be for me. Sometimes I’ll admit I over indulge but with today’s baking they are all going to others so I can’t cut into them myself as they are all “gifts” if you will and then the recipients can eat them. Besides in baking it makes my house smell nice! Nothing better than true ingredients filling the air vs commercial sprays.

Ok I figured I’d quick respond. Waiting for my FIL to grab the kids so I can go get my haircut. Woot - it needs it. And I’m discovering the jeans I’m in really need to go. Seriously swimming today. But they are 20s. And I hopped on the scale after my shower and it had dropped to 232 and that was after coffee. So frankly to quote Rhett Butler : frankly my dear I don’t give a gosh darn carrot. I’ll get there eventually!

Hang in there Laurie it sounds like you are on the right path and you had love food too yesterday. It will move back off!

Last edited by lemonthyme; 10-19-2017 at 10:16 AM.
Old 10-19-2017, 11:40 AM   #289  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

OMG Guys, have I missed you all!!! Sorry I disappeared somewhat. I went on vacation on a 14-day Mediterranean cruise and it was EVERYTHING and although I had internet because work (my work doesn't recognize vacations), I decided that for the first time in 8 years, I wasn't going to track my food and count calories, I was going to try to eat mindfully and just enjoy my vacation and sort out the consequences when I got back and do a Whole30 reset to wean myself back to eating more or less a whole foods diet. :CACKLES: :ALLLLL THE CACKLES!!!: I cackle because it was such an epic failure! I could literally see myself putting on weight. I came into work today and everyone was like "omg, you look so great, you look so healthy, you're glowing, I can't put my finger on it." They can't identify that it's because I've gained weight in my face- basically, I have given myself pregnancy face in less than 3 weeks- which in fairness isn't that bad. I'd happily take my non-pregnant pregnancy glow if it didn't come with the lingering food baby in my midriff and the cherubic knees etc.

But don't cry for me Argentina, I have NO regrets. I have happy memories of great food, local cuisine, seeing amazing places, lavish dinners with my loved ones, all the carbs and dessert with every meal. But do you know what, as much as I enjoyed all of that, the entire time, I was looking forward to coming home and getting back on track. I got back on Tuesday night and yesterday was Day 1 of calorie counting on a Whole 30 protocol. No sweets, no added sugars/natural or artificial sweeteners to anything, no paleo baked treats, no grains or pseudo grains or legumes, for the next 30 (well 28 and a half now) days and I'm pretty pumped about it. I forgot to weigh on yesterday on Day 1 of my Whole30 but I weighed in today and I had gained like 8 lbs but I'm periodical so it's probably really more like 5-6- yes I ate THAT much.

The strange thing is that more or less, I disappeared so that the 3FC eye of accountability and "making good choices" support wouldn't be on me and I could live my best life with 24-hour cruise food on tap!!! But even without checking in I was still thinking of you guys and I was still very aware of the food choices I was making so I can't say it was mindless or anything. But one thing I know is that it's just weight. I'm not a better or worse person when I gain or lose weight, I'm not succeeding or failing at life any more or less and I haven't "let myself go" just because I gained like 5lbs in a month. Weight is temporary and thankfully, it is something within my power to change if I choose to and having enjoyed the past few weeks thoroughly (well except for indigestion from overindulgence), I've made the choice to get back on track and I'm pretty pleased with that. Sure, I'm currently the heaviest I've been in nearly 3 years at 181lbs but oh well, that's life. Like Laurie said a few days ago, it's nice to have new goals to work on.

So, as I was saying, I've missed you guys so much, I went back and read all the posts I've missed since I was last on. Laurie, I'm so sorry you're struggling with depression right now especially when you can't get a handle as to what exactly is triggering it. It's happened to me before at one of the better times in my life too (like you said) when I just could get a handle on my emotions. Nothing was wrong but I just felt so bad about myself, about life, like some shoe was about to drop and I couldn't stop crying. It was terrible. I'm praying for you and I hope you feel better soon. If journaling on here was helpful to you when you did it, I hope you'll continue. I also found it helpful in considering some of the things I'm thinking about in life. On lifestyle front, I'm glad you're feeling more on track. I agree I too like the rip the band-aid approach to checking my weight after getting off-track but usually it's not just to know where I am starting from, it's more because I'm projecting epic success in my weight loss and I want to be able to claim my badge of honour for every single pound I lose like I deserve. I'm projecting epic success for you too. Ultimately yay renewed focus because that's what I'm trying to hold on to as well.

lemonthyme: Hi, nice to meet you, let's be BFFs okay? Weird not weird! It's only that I ADORE every single thing you post, I'm constantly like "OMG she's my people!" Plus you sew (I don't sew but I fangirl those who do- knitting too, even crocheting) and bake (lifelong love affair with baked goods) and ferment (I'm an intrepid fermenter equally bold and grossed out and yet I persist), you live in the country (I've never lived in the country but love reading about it) and you're really funny and cool and a real kindred spirit. Basically, I've been fanning out the past few pages. I read quite a bit (okay a lot) of contemporary romance set on farms et al in the midwest and south and um.. wherever there are farms and country. It's a but of an obsession and you sound like a heroine from the books. I'm only partly kidding, not kidding. Make of that what you will. But back to 3FC matters. I don't lift per se. I'm a cardioholic who doesn't really like to lift heavy things but knows better so who does at home videos and routines with dumbbells (and plates that range from 3-30 lbs). I do those and bodyweight exercises (or more accurately, I should say I used to do those) but now that I'm back on track and all, all I see is sky... I'm also a huge fan of Magnesium oil. It's excellent for digestion- when I'm feeling bloated or growly in the stomach, I just spray some on my tum and instantly feel better. Also great on tight knees etc. Yay positive trends on the scale and the NSV jeans too! You seem to have active plans for your trip and I hope it all goes well and you see the backside of the 230s soon! Please join Toasted's circle of projected epic success because I project epic success for you too. I'm sorry I'm not usually quite this awkward but really, I loved your check ins THIS MUCH!

Diane: I hope your plantar fasciitis is better and that you had a good hunt. I know you said you were going off grid for a bit. I hope all is well with you and hoping to hear from you again soon.

Vladadog: Heyyyy!!! Thanks for looking for me! How goes? I'm here. I'm back. How are you? You're pretty hard core(d) (see what I did there, punny, isn't it. Sorry. it's just one of those days.) OMG I googled a cord of wood and I'm awed! That's pretty amazing, that's what! To be that functionally strong, is pretty much the dream! Pretty wowed! I've never made kefir because I don't do great with dairy, but I've made coghurt. But I can definitely believe the gut-depression link, the nutrition-mental health link for that matter. I know when I'm low on D3 and magnesium, I struggle more with anxiety and depression cycles and kefir is like the fermented foods holy grail so I can believe everything "they" say. One cookie being 370cals is just pure evilzzzz!!! Like it ain't right, not even a bit, nut unless it's like Guinness Book of World Cookie Records cookie, then that's fine. I'm not really a nut butter person but give me bread who am I kidding CAKE!!! and it's all over Betty!

So far Day 2 on Whole 30 is going pretty well. I'm not really craving anything yet. I feel like I've had so much of everything the past few weeks, I'm just ready for my boring fridge of plain food in reasonable portions for now. I'm not sure how long this has gone on for but it feels like it must be pretty long and rambly because I've lost my train of thought and don't remember what I said at the start. I'm just really glad to be back with you guys and pumped for the next few weeks and months with you.

Goals for the rest of the day.
1.) Complete 4 items off To-Do list.
2.) Stick to eating plan.
3.) Drink more water.
4.) Go to bed before 11.15pm
5.) Get at least 6000 steps in today.
6.) Get up early and work out before work tomorrow.

Last edited by toastedsmoke; 10-19-2017 at 12:24 PM.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 05:03 PM   #290  

toasted: I can't say I have ever been described as a heroine - that gave me a good laugh! I actually live in an actual city - but in my state - the big cities are few and far between - my town (much more like what it is) has about 1500 people in it - mainly all interrelated - I however am not from this area, but followed my DH (nor is he originally from here - he's a chicago boy). What you do for love I guess. But yes - totally rural - the main drag is like a block and a half long, and 2 side streets make up the businesses - mainly junk shops, bars/taverns and the normal city public spaces. We are also surrounded by Amish as well outside of town - so I guess, mighty rural w/a city moniker/government.

As for the weight and exercise - I have to be mindful of mine - I have issues stemming from delivery of my kids and I have to watch what I am doing so that's why I am trying to find something for the upper half that may not cause issue for the opposite half. It's kind of a vicious cycle of figuring things out. Because what I think won't cause problems, causes problems. I used to swim, however to get to an indoor pool is about an hour drive each way - so I try to incorporate what I can find near by. (I truly miss my pool! I am not a great swimmer but it can sure shed weight and tone a body nicely without much thought).

Thank you for your welcome. I am glad you find humor in my postings. Sometimes as I type I do wonder if people think I am crazy with my ramblings. Sometimes weight loss is a lonely journey on your own. So as I have my thoughts to work through I post. Plus it's another area for adult conversation - I love my kids, but sometimes you need an adult voice in your day.

Oh your trip sounds delightful - is this a trip you take often and why can't work just bug off? And your sidebar says you are in Africa - is this where you are from, or where you currently reside? I once went to Italy for two weeks - it's the darn gelato! You walk all day exploring the area and then comes dinner and that area of the world often enjoy those conversation filled, visiting, lots of types of dished meals, you enjoy the ambiance and all that is with it and then wonder why it's not something you do at home - the foods good, the companies good and the food just goes down as you sit and enjoy it all. I get it totally (plus the wine - hey you have to partake in that too), then you just roll yourself to bed late in the evening and say this is the life. Oh - but isn't it fun! Life should be more of that then the run run run we are so accustomed to.

AM: So my haircut story: I went to a new gal w/a style idea all in hand and to compliment my new scale numbers. Mind you I have wavy/curly hair. I asked for something similar to what I brought with for an image - working with my existing curl. I am also horribly nearsighted (so my glasses were off and I can see like maybe 6" in front of my face clearly). I had no clue what she was doing until all of a sudden I felt the flat iron come out for the back of my head. UGH! She gave me straight as stick hair!!!!!!!!!!!!! And i ended up looking like I just gained those pounds right back on plus some. Needless to say I said thank you, paid, came home and washed my head again. But my saga doesn't end - I ran out of hair gel - read recently somewhere a woman swears by aloe gel - well I have some of that - so I am sitting here w/my wave back and aloe in my hair until I can get to the store. Smells good, but I won't swear by it!

Lets just say - it's been a day. When you think you'll be beautiful and you come out looking fatter than when you went in. Dear lord - it's up there w/the time I came out w/what I swear was a birds nest on my head as that gal had me teased up 'til Tuesday.

Weight wise - I haven't really eaten much or well today - I sampled a cookie and had a slice of the nut bread staying here. Dinner will be on the road tonight - I don't think today is the day to exclaim I GET THE WEIGHT LOSS way of life. However I have managed to do ok calorie wise thus far. I have to get my water in. Frankly I think the water is a major player in this for me. If I don't drink 66 oz + I don't move the scale down.

Ok - so I am off here soon to travel. I may have time to pop in later this weekend. You all have a good end to your week. Good scales - positive times with your families, enjoy the fall weather (beautiful here right now - blue skies, breezy, trees that are red yellow orange and in the 70s) - just have a really nice weekend.

I am off - enjoy!

Last edited by lemonthyme; 10-19-2017 at 05:04 PM.
Old 10-20-2017, 12:11 PM   #291  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

Toasted - the image of your non-pregnancy pregnancy face and your lingering food baby truly made me laugh out loud... But good for you for just enjoying your cruise! And then getting back on track right away after.

Laurie said:
It's weird to me, though, that 220 (for example) looks great to me on the way down, but awful on the way up.

Boy, it sure ain't weird to me. It's totally 100% true. I've even noticed that just holding steady at a weight (like 220) feels (and even looks) different than than trying to move lower than that weight. It's subtle but I think when I'm trying to eat healthy I stand taller and have more of a spring in my step. Or something. I wonder when I reach goal weight if that feeling will persist....

LemonThyme - bread... I make my own sourdough bread and I swear it does not affect me the way other bread does. Mind you, I don't just sit down and eat a whole loaf (tempting though that might be) but a hunk with soup or with breakfast is fine. But with most breads, even "sourdough" from a good local bakery, I get bloaty. I don't think it was always like this or maybe I'm just more aware of my gut now. Anyway, there's a lot less bread in my life now.
As for your haircut.... I have wild hair... sometimes it is super curly, sometimes it barely has a wave. Depends on humidity and the phase of the moon and maybe the current interest rate at the local bank. I have one person I trust to cut it because everyone else just makes it (and me) crazy. But I would be pretty frosty if I brought in a picture and the hair person just did their own thing. I wouldn't mind them suggesting other things or pointing out flaws in my thinking (Michelle has talked me out of many haircut ideas over the years) but don't say "okay" and then do something else. That's just wrong.
I could never put aloe on my hair... one of my dogs loves aloe. And he also is one of the ones what prefers to sleep on the bed. I'd wake up in the morning with all my hair chewed off...

Two weeks of no sugar while on staycation ended yesterday during a rough night at work... I ate enough M&Ms that I felt ill. And of course I still wanted to eat more. But now I've got 3 sugar free days ahead of me and another cord of wood to stack.
Vladadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 12:25 PM   #292  
Mini Goal 1- 199

Hey guys, so in terms of goals yesterday, it was a bust. I mean, no, that's not fair. It wasn't a bust-bust, it was just on the busty side of things. I did not get my steps AND actually I just went to look and I actually didn't do anything except tick up 4 items off my TO DO list at work one of which was "check in on 3FC-" sue me I like "gimmes" on my To Do lists. Besides I promise "eat lunch" wasn't on there yesterday... like I've ever forgotten to eat lunch ROTFL.

Anyway so basically, I didn't get my steps, I didn't go to bed before 11.15 or midnight for that matter, I didn't get 6000 steps because it was more like 3741 but oh well, I snacked after dinner- sure it was only 272 calories of dates and nuts but it wasn't on plan, I got up early but lay in bed and read instead of working out, I did however in fairness, drink more water and I'm golf-clapping myself for that. In the end it's fine and not that much of a mess. My calories are so restricted this first week back at 1300-1400 that going up to 1600 isn't the end of the world even without exercise. And also, still going strong Day 3 of Whole30 and was positively saintly in refusing chocolate and fudge being passed around my office- didn't even flinch.

lemonthyme: The gelato does it every time. I NEVER EVER SAY no to sorbetto! I wish it was a trip I made often but it's not. I'm both from and residing in Africa but I travel quite a bit but usually not cruising the Mediterranean. My work follows me everywhere because I develop, write and produce radio soap operas for development and so the show must go on whether I'm on vacation or not. Scripts must go out for approval, edits must be made, translations must be done etc etc whether I'm on vacation or not but I live in the hopes that one day I'll go on vacation and really be on total vacation and not have deadlines or work or anything to do except y'kno, "vacate." Boo the bad hairstyle. Story of my life as well. I hate when I get my hair done- it never turns out the way I want it and I'm always miserable with the outcome and yet I still pay and tip afterwards and then come home and cry at how horrible it is like a suckah! My mother doesn't get it. She's the one who will be like "What did you do to my hair? I don't like it. Please fix it!" I know lots of people who use aloe vera gel in their hair. Or flaxseed gel. My hair personally doesn't really care too much for the aloe gel but it doesn't mind flaxseed gel. I hope you have a wonderful weekend away and that the pumpkin nut breads receive ALL the acclaim baked goods deserve.

Vladadog: LOLOLOLOLOL!!!! I'm laughing too! My mother's friend saw me and told my mom later that I looked "rosy" and "glowy" and "in robust health." I know they mean well because I live in a no-chill or if you like rude culture that says things like "wow you're getting very fat" and then makes judgy comments to your face about that. But I guess this is what happens when you gain just enough weight that it shows but not enough that people can really tell what's different. To be honest, I think my boobs and face look better at this weight, unfortunately the rest of my body does not. I love sourdough! I don't know how to make it but I love to eat it. Coming off no sugar is rough. When I did whole30 before I fell back into sugary treats (mostly honey and artificial sugar) in the worst way. I don't get how people are like "after my sugar detox, I never could eat it again." I'm sorry the M&Ms made you feel ill but take victory in the fact that you didn't eat any more of them even though you wanted to. I'm inspired by your cord of wood stacking to do some kind of strength training workout this weekend.

Tomorrow, I have a wedding as my work best frenemy who's not really a frenemy at all because we like each other genuinely too much for that- she's more like a really good friend and colleague and collaborator that it gets a bit competitive with sometimes is getting married. I'm really happy for her and her hubs because he's a great guy and she's a great girl and I think they're excellent for each other but I'd really have also just liked a quiet weekend in because it's been go-go-go since I got back on Tuesday night and the airline lost my luggage and then back to work and all. I'd really rather veg at home in my pyjamas, catching up on even more work and maybe going for a run at my leisure and get the house in order having been away for 3 weeks but nonetheless I'm going to be up at the crack of dawn and put on my glad rags and go 2 hours across town. And moreover, whilst I'm in the neighbourhood, maybe I'll go see my cousin's new baby again. (And miss the football but oh well). Also just realizing that Whole30 isn't the best time to attend an African wedding as I can't imagine there's going to be anything I can eat.

Having epically failed so badly on yesterday's goals and knowing what's coming up for me this weekend, i have no idea what goals to even set but I'll give it a go:

Goals For The Weekend AND The Rest of the Day
1.) Get 5000 steps today
2.) Stay under 1600 calories today and for the weekend
3.) Get at least 1 day of exercise between today and Sunday.
4.) Start Monday with a run or an indoor workout if weather is inclement.
5.) Do something nice and self-care-y for yourself

Wishing everyone a wonderfully blessed rest of the day, and a fabulous weekend and joy no matter what the day brings. Hugs guys!

Last edited by toastedsmoke; 10-20-2017 at 12:35 PM.
Old 10-21-2017, 11:55 PM   #293  

Just quick. You know how when you are traveling and swing an unplanned stop into your journey? We did that this weekend, stopped about 12 minutes at McDonald’s to grab drinks. They were that slow, we were a bit annoyed but usual in the drive thru. Got back on the road thinking not much more about the time spent and came upon stopped traffic and a horrific accident scene. Turns out the accident happened at the same time we would have been in that spot had we not stopped at mcdonalds. A person did indeed loose their life in that - kind of sends chills when you stop to think had we been on our journey without stops the what if’s. As is turns out this accident we caused by someone under the influence. My heart breaks for the family who lost their loved one. Sometimes life is too fragile. Love your families extra!
Old 10-22-2017, 07:08 PM   #294  

I am back home again. Haven’t been on a scale since Thursday and didn’t eat or move as well as I had hoped. Tomorrow I reckon I’ll hop on the dreaded scale and face facts that the 230s and I have a love hate relationship. They love me I hate them but until I stop eating everything but air and being super restrictive of what goes in and how much I exercise, it will continue to be that way.

However, being home again is good and I can be better on my focus I guess. I have to run to town tomorrow for groceries and maybe pop into goodwill. I may try on 16s and see how I do. Granted I shouldn’t bother, I have about 8 pairs of those in a tote in my basement. Of course they are 12 years old and probably seriously not stylish (bootcut), but hey, if I can get into them I’m doing better than I was a few months ago. I don’t have a lot of fun time on my own as my little rides the bus home at 11 so I have to speed to town and speed shop and speed home to get him off the bus or they’ll take him back to school. Sometimes these darn half days drive me bonkers on getting things done.

Oh my did it get crisp here. It’s suppose to be highs in the 40s this week and lows in the 20s at night. Snow this week too. Lordy I’m not ready for that crap.

Ok, well off to find some weight loss mojo and get back on this train and hope I can find a way to finally get into the 220s. Unless by some odd chance I did already but I seriously don’t think I’ve managed that AT ALL.

Toasted: hope your wedding went well! Are they grand events in your part of the world?

Vlad: I love bread, bread loves me. That cookie had a wicked amount of cookies and I so hope you had a nice treat! Isn’t it horrible when you tally and find out it was the equivalent to a meal? Ugh. I hope you had a good weekend!

Laurie: how did your weekend go w/ your feelings and mood? I hope it righted itself and time spent with your family was a help. Maybe it ties in with the change of seasons and lack of sunlight too. Well, whatever it may be I hope things are going easier for you.

Ok gals - I’m off to have breakfast for dinner!
Old 10-23-2017, 06:05 AM   #295  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

Still above average warm here in very northern VT. I too the recycling to the curb around 2am and didn't need a sweater or jacket at all. I painted the garden fence yesterday and will do more today. I can't believe it is nearly November. Two cords of wood are now safely stacked in the shed. I'd lie to get a third cord in this coming weekend. Then I guess I'm as ready for winter as I'll likely ever be.

LemonThyme - scary to think how your life might have been different if not for a delay at Mickey D's.

ToastedSmoke - I hope you survived the wedding and got some nice "me" time at home also this weekend.

Laurie - hope you had a good and "on track" weekend!

Last Thursday was the "health fair" at work - I got my annual flu shot and a biometric screening to check my cholesterol etc. The screener said the recommended goal was 90 active minutes a week. With my new fitness tracker I'm supposed to aim 150 active minutes. So far I'm hitting that no problem. I got in over 300 active minutes the second wee of my vacation and last week, even with the adjustment of back to the graveyard shift I got over 170. The tracer says I'm generally getting just under 8000 steps a day but I'm getting my heart rate up consistently so I'll take that as a win.

I have not been weighing in because I know I have not been eating low enough calorie to lose.... but I need to start doing that (both the weighing in and the better eating habits). Bad Vlad!
Vladadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 07:09 AM   #296  

Vlad: I know I need to focus more on input and output as well. Sounds like you are getting all this movement in with readying your home for winter. Is it as true as I think in my head that your winters can be brutal too? I keep hearing we are srento have “unseasonably” cold and record snow but again that was like a month ago and thus far I haven’t heard much since. Do you live in a rural area too where everything is a drive to get to? Keep up the good work and I like that your focused on what you need to accomplish. I wish I was 100% there.

Laurie: did you find your kefir? I find it’s an acquired taste but I also like plain yogurt which I know most do not like. I’m thinking I need to get back on the probiotics as I’m finding the old bod is rebelling this morning.

Diane: how was the hunt? Did you all get your deer and venison for your freezer? I’m sure you had an enjoyable couple time w/DH. Hope the facitiis settles down. I dealt with that but I think what ended helping was making sure I wasn’t barefoot, wore a decent shoe and worked with some stretching. I know I’ve a sibling w/ ongoing problems and when she’s in her sloppier shoes it really flares (ie weekend flip flops).

Toasted: the work week begins! How did you get involved in your kind of employ? I always find it fascinating how people find a niche just for them for a job. Hope the wedding didn’t cause too much harm to your diet and you had loads of fun. I have a siblings second wedding to go next year -destination wedding and all so maybe with the weight loss I can feel and look a bit nicer.

Hello all!

AM: my house is quiet as I got up early to start my day slowly, have a cuppa joe, make my shopping lists etc. and back to my fasting which I didn’t do at all this past weekend. So back with my nose to the grindstone and FOCUS. Since I’ve such a tight turnaround w/getting my guy off the bus and travel over 1 1/2 hours I need to be on a sprint. However as incame down my stairs this am I’m guessing my body is inflamed - AGAIN. I have 13 stairs and I hobbled like my lower gait was not at all interested in the stairs. So one at a time was the way I had to go with a pause with each. What the heck?! Another reason to get the weight off it helps I know.

So my plan is to get a walk in w/my bus rider after lunch. Not that it’s super great in distance or speed but we do ok and we both get out for a bit and move it all.

Ok so my mini goals for the day to get back on track:
1. WATER LOTS OF WATER
2. Fast until 11 and count calories.
3. Take my walk
4. Find something unexpectedly enjoyable in my day

Ok my dears I’m off to go make my lists, boil some eggs for later and get ready to face the day and my sprint out the door. I hope you all find good in your new weeks start. Find something that makes you smile today and let it grow. Some
Days we need that! I’ll let you know later how my scale looked. Maybe an extra day to refocus is what’s warranted.

HAPPY WEEK AHEAD!

Last edited by lemonthyme; 10-23-2017 at 07:11 AM.
Old 10-23-2017, 09:24 AM   #297  
Mini Goal 1- 199

Hey guys!!! How goes everything? The wedding was actually really nice. My friend looked beautiful and it was small for a wedding in these parts. lemonthyme, weddings here are huge events. This "small" wedding was only about 120 guests and certainly the smallest I've ever been to here. More average would be my nightmare of 500+ guests. I don't do well with crowds so literally "the HORROR!!!" They had already had a courthouse wedding with just parents and siblings way back in March but this was the expected "party" event and traditional ceremony. Usually there are 4 events (the courthouse, the traditional event, a religious ceremony/blessing, and then a reception)- there could be a 5th for the funky couple who likes to dance and wants to have a reception after-party at a club but even here most people still think that's doing the most. My friend skimped and had only 3 events- the courthouse wedding and then she smooshed the tradtional wedding and a reception into Saturday's do. Apparently the reception went on till nearly midnight but I left at about 5pm.

Anyway enough about weddings. My Saturday eating was average. I ate whole foods at the wedding (no cake or sugar or wedding hors d'oeuvres), but it wasn't strictly Whole30 either because I'm not sure the oils used were compliant and I also had beans but oh well, I consider I'm still on track because it was all "whole" foods. Exercise this weekend was non-existent so didn't crush that goal either. I was just so tired and not in the mood generally. That said, I got up early this morning and went for a run only to find out how UNFIT I was. I've been run/walk-ing and listening to my body but decided to start again with a C25K program and jumped into Week 3 of the Zombies Run C25K training only to discover that running 5 minute stretches at a time has become HARD!!! And the 8 minute optional runs at the end were BRUTAL!! I pushed through and did them but man, am I out of shape compared to before. I was a little discouraged but then I know if I stick to it, by Christmas, I'll feel like a runner again. I don't plan to run again till Wednesday and I'm planning to do some undetermined strengthy-bodyweight thing tomorrow but I feel good about being back into exercising and it's making feel more disciplined about my eating today so far.

lemonthyme: I thank God for you and your family that you escaped what could have been a tragic accident and pray for comfort and strength for the loved ones of the deceased. Life is strange that way, isn't it? Sometimes we get frustrated by delays and things not going on our schedule or going the way we want without really knowing what we may be being protected from. Sorry your body is revolting this morning and feeling inflamed. Hopefully, it passes and you feel better soon. Good luck on the sprint this morning getting all your errands done in time. Boo unseasonably cold weather. I went to undergrad in Massachusetts and it was the coldest I've EVER been in my ENTIRE life and I hear the midwest is even colder in winter! BRRRRR!!!! Also, I got into my current line of work through interning. My background is actually in biochemistry and public health- nothing creative at all though I do love a soap and a romance novel- but an internship got me into soap writing and development which I've been doing for nearly 7 years now.

Vladadog: I managed to get my me time yesterday so that was nice. I'm so inspired by how functionally active and strong you are. I think even when I work out, I'm otherwise super sedentary and that's not good. I'm glad you're pretty much prepped for the winter and hopefully it's not as brutal as expected. I think the US has seen MORE THAN enough extreme weather this year. I haven't weighed in either because I don't know how much of a change I'm going to see but if I remember, I'll take a peep to see where I am tomorrow.

I hope Laurie and Diane and everyone else is doing well and had a great weekend. I just bought flight tickets for New Year and am having spender's guilt/buyer's remorse and feeling the need to work super hard so I can make the money back. My office actually closes over Christmas and New Year so it's a great time to go on holiday except for programs people like me and my friend who just got married because we're still on the clock and on call for our programs but I'm hoping this year for the first time, I might actually have all the fiddly scripting and production things done and approved enough in advance before New Year that I can actually relax and not open my computer EVER!!! THE DREAAAMMMM!!!!! Anyway let me get to the "working super hard and making the money back" bit now. Wishing you guys a wonderful rest of the day.

GOALS FOR THE REST OF THE DAY
1.) Hit 10,000 steps
2.) Stay under 1500 calories
3.) Finish planned water intake
4.) Complete top 3 goals on To Do list
5.) Go to bed before 11.30pm
6.) Get up early and do a workout tomorrow morning
Old 10-23-2017, 11:30 AM   #298  

Hello All! I'm back again! Yes, I went away for my girl's weekend with my friend and never came back.

It's been an odd kind of life the last few weeks and I just could not motivate myself to post. I'm sorry. My girl's weekend was strange and kind of sad. Turned out my friend has some serious health concerns and we spent most of it laying on her bed eating sandwiches and watching TV. She's normally a very healthy, slim person who takes care of herself. Seeing her ill and literally fracturing bones by doing nothing (she's expecting a cancer diagnosis) - it was disturbing. So I got back in kind of a mood and it didn't improve for quite a while. I had little willpower, no desire to cook, there was a period with a lot of pizza and such.

Life has continued to be weird too. Our little girl dog is hanging in there but had developed some issues. I had gotten back to my lunch walks after a change in her meds did away with that afternoon pill...but now she can't make it all day in the house, so I have to go home to give her a potty break. Since her legs aren't functioning properly I can't actually take her for a "walk" further than the back yard...so no more walks - again. My husband hit a deer with his truck on the way home from work week and a half ago, so we're dealing with that...thank heaven's for insurance and loaner cars, and then Friday he ended up in the ER after a fall at work and is on crutches for goodness knows how long with a knee injury. So...I'm now doing all the work, but none of it is really exercise.

Long story short (too late) Still not exercising. But, all is not lost. I did keep logging. I watched the scale creep up to 277. As of Friday though, it was back down, to a low of 272.5; a number I haven't seen in a good, long while.

Just typing all that stuff has made me want a nap and a sandwich. I don't do stress nearly as well as I should.

I'm so sorry I have no time to go back and see how everyone has been. I see we have a new person! Welcome Lemonthyme! Hope to get to know you!
Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 12:57 PM   #299  

Hello Lil: thanks for the welcome, I am sorry about your friend and the rest of your life hiccups - those darn deer, it seems a yearly occurrence for us in some way - last year it was just a dented hood but not much else. You don’t need that at all.

Toasted: sounds like you had a nice time. Interesting segue w/ job and schooling. My DH is like that too, two extremely different areas from schooling to job but if you enjoy it and it keeps you happy, you have more in your background to pull from. 😊

AM: today just keeps getting worse - from gas being all of a sudden 2.60/gal (what?!) to my DHs pay being reduced when they promised the staff it wouldn’t be as they implemented a “new” pay/bonus program, to it getting colder out - I think there is wackiness in the air not good for all of us in some capacity right now it seems. Who needs it? I definitely do not. I like status quo or things being better. I don’t like turmoil and worry about employ, monies and bills, and general uncertainty. I eat when that all happens. So this will be a challenge until we figure it out. That statement of every step forward is like 9zillon backwards - that’s been my life the last decade I swear. Now to find humor I think 10-11 years ago I did break two handmirrors maybe that’s the source of my crummy luck when it comes to finances. Sorry - it’s been a downer day in that world and the day isn’t even at noon time.

So I did find something to make me smile today - I saw a woman w an 80s style station wagon full of kids today - made me chuckle as that’s how my family was hauled around back in the day. Her’s was for sale I saw as she zoomed down the road. but it brought back memories of loading all of us up for the next trip to town or on vacation. Funny how something like that pops into your view.

Fast went well today. My scale is back to being higher (after coffee and shower of course when I’d do hop on). I will post a weight tomorrow and see if I can get it to nudge back down. I’m embarrassed partly it went up but I expected some rise sadly. I also know that the old plumbing slows considerably when I travel so between all of that I am giving my body a chance to catch up and maybe right itself.

Alas. . .

I think I’d do better to run away today. It looks like it’s readying to rain, it’s cool out and the walk has been canceled because of it. Maybe I’ll run up and down my stairs and see if that helps the scale.

Ok - I need to get back to my Pollyanna world of thought where it should all be roses and goodness and no worries. Today I feel very far from that thought. I have now made a change to my mini- daily: I WILL NOT STRESS EAT. It’s never solved my problems in the past and I’m most certain it won’t this time either.

Drat - I hate worrying - I’m sick and tired of living life always in that mode or waiting for the shoe to drop and it happen again (as it just has).
Old 10-23-2017, 01:51 PM   #300  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey all!!! I'm back. So happy to see so many posts. I was hoping that no one drifted away while I was gone. That has happened before!! I'm happy to be back. I'm trying to get caught up at work, so I'll need to catch up with everyone's posts later.

Lemonthyme: So glad you joined us again. I remember you being one that I love to read. I never have that much creativity when I'm posting.

Laurie: Always glad that you are hanging in here! I need to read back to see how everything is going for you.

Lilion! Very glad to see you posting again. It seems like you have a lot going on again. Hope all goes well with everything.

Toasted: Another one of my favorites to read!! Hope all is well!

Vladadog: Very glad to see your posts!

For me, hunting was just ok. We weren't able to go for the entire season due to my husband's work. That ended up being ok, because then I was able to go visit my Mom, who recently had hip replacement surgery. She is doing awesome.

I was able to have a lot of time to think. Good news, bad news. I updated all of my record keeping and I realized that I have not had a good year for weight loss at all. I injured my back last hunting season and never did get it back together. So, I had lots of talks with myself and I am getting back to doing what I did before. I can't give myself as much flexibility as I had over the past year and expect to lose weight. In fact I've gained over the past year. So, time to fix that again. Again.... Again... And while it ticks me off that I let this happen, I have to move forward. So, back to doing spin twice a week, lifting on one day, body pump on the other day, and body flow on Fridays. I also plan to fit in running after work on Tuesday and Thursday. It worked so well before, I need to do it again. Also on food, I am back to being faithful with logging food on myfitnesspal. I have my calorie goals set, everything is updated. Now it is time to make it happen.

I saw my Mom, at age 79, rebound so well from surgery. A large part of that is that she is at a reasonable weight, and she stays healthy. While I am strong, and somewhat fit, I am not at a reasonable weight. So, time to fix it. Again.......
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote