Old 06-20-2017, 01:31 PM   #31  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Frances: Glad you are sticking to it! That scale is just no help at all sometimes. Hopefully your payoff will come soon!!

I'm kind of with you this week. I'm just trying to keep it going. I went to spin yesterday and then to Body Pump today. Food was on plan yesterday and I'm working on keeping it going this week. You would think I'm not eating at all considering how my mind/body are acting right now. I've felt very deprived and hungry. But I'm just reeling it in a little. It isn't that drastic. I think it doesn't take long to get used to the undisciplined lifestyle with food, but it takes so much more effort to scale it back. Just not fair!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 11:31 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/132

Height: 5' 3.5"

Mornin' ladies Hope everyone is doing great so far today.

I continue to have the hormone munchies and desire to eat mounds of salt. Last night I was either super-hungry, or I had acid-belly that felt like hunger. I am not sure which it was but I ended up drinking 2 glasses of almond milk and then I had 2 mugs of bouillon to both help settle and fill me up. It helped, but it also may be the cause of why I went up 0.1 lbs overnight instead of seeing a loss on the scale. In the end, I am down 1.6 for the week which is just shy of my 2 lb goal. I am glad that the 6 pounds (!!!!) I had gained Sunday-Monday went away overnight.

I am trying to incorporate some more of the the BLE strategies for successful weight-loss, namely, the parts that aren't food related but more spirit related. I picked up a journal for my daily gratitude's, a 5-year journal and a couple of overeater's meditation books. These are activities that you are supposed to do in the AM and PM so to get into a routine of self-care. So far I managed one of the PM activities, and then played catch-up for two nights in a row. I really need to figure out how to make the habit stick as I really believe the scientist behind BLE has it figured out! There are other things I am also supposed to be doing, but I am taking baby steps. The food/dieting part of the lifestyle has been easy for me since I did it before. I have never been a spiritual or self-care person, so these other aspects are proving really hard. I will continue to work on it though if it works for long-term success!

Frances: I am going to join you in the mantra , especially considering my last week: Weightloss is not linear!!!

Diane: isn't just the worst that it is so easy to fall of the discipline wagon and just stay down? Why does it have to be so easy to fall into unhealthy habits, and such an uphill battle to do the right thing for ourselves? Our brains play such cruel tricks on people like us. It really isn't fair. sigh...
Pacifica Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 01:46 PM   #33  
Diane

PacificaBee: I would agree that the non-food related and non-exercise related parts of a plan are the most difficult. I don't really address that as much because it just takes more effort. Food and exercise are more easily measured, so it seems easier to me!

I came across the following, thought I'd share:

Sometimes you fall off the wagon for months. Sometimes you tell yourself you're gonna start fresh on Monday and by Wednesday, you've already fallen back off. Sometimes you have to restart 100 times and it's frustrating. But it will be okay. You can do this. One day at a time.

I thought that was timely for me! One day at a time.
Old 06-22-2017, 11:09 AM   #34  

I am doing a happy dance this morning. The water retention finally lifted and my body completely skipped ever showing 221-220 on the scale and went right down to 219. What a nice way to start my 'Friday'! I also got to change my avatar to the 110 lost chick. I get so much satisfaction being able to change that thing. It is sort of an unwritten mini-goal for me to look forward to updating it every 5 pounds. Since the myfitnesspal tracker in my sig below automatically updates every morning when I weigh myself, the avatar is really the only thing I am updating that shows progress in a definitive manner.

I also had a nice moment yesterday when I looked at my arm and I noticed that it looks slightly less rotund. I read that you really only start to notice body changes when you are down about 10-15% of your starting weight. I have lost about 14% of where I started so maybe there is something to that.

Hope everyone is doing good. Been kind of quiet the past couple days. Summer heat must be kicking everyone's butt Hang in there!
Old 06-22-2017, 04:22 PM   #35  
Diane

PacificaBee: Congratulations on the new number on the scale and the new avatar!!! So awesome to get some love from that scale!! And I agree that it is quiet. Looks to be just you and me right now. Ha!

Not much going on with me. Made it to Body Pump today, so that makes 4 times working out this week. I definitely wanted to make it 4 times at least.
Old 06-23-2017, 07:04 AM   #36  

Height: 5'7"

I'm still here, just nothing to report. Despite my best efforts, I'm still at the exact same weight I've been at since JUNE 4th. I'm super bloated/stuffed/no appetite and am convinced that it's that @#*#&$ candida again, which brings your metabolism to a standstill. I'm making an appointment to go to a naturopath since my regular doctor won't listen to me. Hopefully I'll have some good news soon. Meanwhile, I am staying ON PLAN!

PBee, congrats on your great news! I love that post-TOM feeling!

Slashnl, glad you're making it to the gym regularly! That is a great accomplishment, especially in summer.
Frances123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 12:02 PM   #37  
Diane

Frances: Sorry you are stuck on the scale. Never a good time, but at least it isn't going up! Hope you can find some answers.

Not much to say here. Hope everyone has a good weekend!
Old 06-23-2017, 04:01 PM   #38  

PacificaBee

Hello Everyone!

As for me...well, it's been a weird and up and down kind of week. Like I said, my weight loss chart would look like a freaking EKG.

I had two days of training this week and that's never a good thing, because they require working lunches purchased in the cafeteria. Nice, in that it's free up to $10 and if you eat more than $10 worth of stuff from there, you have to really be trying. Bad, in that ... calories. On the up side, they have a decent salad bar and I did TRY to steer clear of the junk. I didn't go over either day.

I did, however, show an increase from 286 to 289 that lasted three days. Then today, back down to 286.5...just in time for snack day (I logged everything and skipped breakfast. At least there wasn't a lot of chocolate.) and the weekend. But today is workout day and Sunday too. So...with luck I'll maintain or lose. We shall see.

Three days of the scale up again made me take a good hard look at my food log and I've not really been doing well. That has to change.

And that's all there is to report. Later ladies!
Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 09:12 PM   #39  
Amanda

S/C/G: 272.5/see ticker/172.5

Height: 5'4

I'm alive, y'all. Exhausted but alive. Have been taking a bit of a break from the strict healthy eating and working out. Work is crazy busy...we're down a few nurses and we took on three trainees. I love my trainee but DAMN am I tired lol.

Weighed myself this morning. Apparently all the stress and being stupid busy at work is helping because I've only gained back exactly one pound and keeps me at 16lbs down. I'm pleased with that!

Hope everyone is well!
DreadPiratePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 03:13 PM   #40  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

Height: 5'5"

200.8 two days in a row. That's just cruel. Onederland is just taunting me.
Vladadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 02:13 AM   #41  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

Height: 5'5"

Onederland!!!!

okay, I had to weigh naked to get there but then it was 199.8 and i don't care I'll take it!!!

65 pounds down. 50 to go. I know the next 50 will be much harder but I can do it. Even a pound or two a month is fine. I can do this!
Vladadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 07:18 AM   #42  

Vladadog, that is HUGE! Congratulations on this amazing milestone!

Pirate, good to see you back!

Nothing to report here...still stuck...making the appointment with doctor today. It's 4 hours away but hopefully I can get this fixed once and for all! Until then, I have to be content with maintenance.
Frances123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 12:30 PM   #43  

Vladadog Congratulations!

My weight still bounces back and forth and up and down. Saturday it said 286.5. Sunday it said 284.5. This morning it's 286.5. It's sooooo annoying. But, it's not 306. So - win!
Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 12:36 PM   #44  

'Happy' Monday Ladies!

I had a good weekend food wise. I made a huge batch of Gazpacho which I highly recommend! It is so tasty and light and perfect for hot weather. This is the recipe I used: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/a...recipe-1937573 It makes a HUGE portions for not many calories.

My new mantra "weight loss is not linear" (thanks Frances!!!!) is helping me stay sane watching the scale bounce around. Luckily it is always a downward trend even when there are daily bumps. I want to stop weighing daily, but I actually feel guilty if I don't, so mantra it is.

Vlad : WOOWOO You go girl! Getting into Onederland was such a big deal for me last time around; I think it might even feel already like it is a bigger deal. I'm super proud of you and can't wait to join you
Old 06-26-2017, 02:22 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Just a lurker on this thread but had to say Vladadog!
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote