Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 08:11 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 262/255/121

This is my second day of my second week of being serious about dieting.

The first twelve weeks I am going to be super strict to get my blood work in better shape. This includes taking berberine 4x in place of metformin.

I have stuck strictly to the plan and got my walk in today. So far so good.
Old 05-23-2017, 10:04 AM   #122  
Operation Less Fluffy

Morning!

DayDreamer - 210, here you come!!!

Laura - I'm sure that travel water gain will be gone in a jiffy!

Victorious - Congrats on making it through to your second strict week and getting your walk in!

Last edited by Gemini6; 06-18-2017 at 04:39 PM.
Old 05-23-2017, 12:38 PM   #123  
Andando...

Gemini6: Yay!!! A new decade for you! ^_^ Congrats!!!

---

Yesterday made some sort of fish stew :P noms!

Maintaining today, third day at 212.3 lbs. Funny enough, I have these particular pair of jeans thatt are falling off my waist to my hips and when they do they look SUPER baggy. If I pull them back up they don't look that lose. It's giving me the impression I have shrunk a lot more than I actually have... xD I tried 3 other pairs of jeans (same size diff brands) and none fit loose yet. Then again, I had just washed 2 of those so maybe that's why. But I guess these were the bigger ones.

Anyway, hope the scale moves tomorrow!

05/22: 212.3 [-0.0]
05/23: 212.3 [-0.0]
05/24:
05/25:
05/26:
05/27:
05/28:
Old 05-23-2017, 07:26 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Good hot afternoon everyone!

It is currently 98 degrees outside and it's 4:15 in the afternoon.

Martine, I would love to send some of this heat your way...um, maybe 20 degrees worth. Glad you were able to get in a bit more walking.

Gemini6: getting back to over 40. I'm the same way; weight loss milestones seem much more real and achieved when I put a little distance between it and the next goal.

Vicorious: ! Thanks for choosing this thread for your first post of 2017. I think it's great that you are prioritizing your blood work. I think many of us working on weight loss (myself included) focus so much on the physical results, that we overlook the internal drama playing itself out as well. Well, done on your success so far. Sounds like you have good outlook and plan.

LauraRVA42011: You only gained 1.8 pounds?!! The vacation gods we're smiling on you. You'll drop that in no time.

gulfmagnolia: I'm so sorry to hear about your car, but am grateful you weren't injured. Any word from your insurance company? Hopefully, this is as eventful as May gets and you can welcome June in a better place.

Wishing everyone a peaceful end to your Tuesday.
Old 05-24-2017, 05:44 AM   #125  
NOOM user

S/C/G: 300/230.6/170

Height: 5'4

Happy Wednesday!

Well, I must have lost more before Monday than I realized as I weighed in at 248.5 this morning. New decade, new milestone Passed!

End of Week 3 weight: 251.8
24: 248.5
25:
26:
27:
28:
29:
30:
31:
End of week 4 weight:
Week 4 loss:
Overall loss 1.9 + week 4
Old 05-24-2017, 12:59 PM   #126  
Andando...

curvynotlumpy: It's getting so hot here too!! And it's not even summer yet!!!! I am starting to get terrified about how hot it will get this year...

---

Life is stressful at the moment, I am trying to cope but... It didn't go well last night, and more lovely news today. Urg! My mood is **** and I feel like crap yay! I guess I'll manage somehow...

Other than that, things are the same... Today's weight was 211.6 lbs.

05/24: 211.6 [-0.7]
05/25:
05/26:
05/27:
05/28:
Old 05-24-2017, 05:38 PM   #127  
Operation Less Fluffy

Thanks y'all!

DayDreamer - Sorry about your stresses and I hope it gets better soon! Good for you not letting it affect your impressive downward trend! Onederland is just around the corner for you.

Curvy - I wish many cool breezes for you!

Laura - Woohoo on the new decade!

Last edited by Gemini6; 06-18-2017 at 04:39 PM.
Old 05-24-2017, 06:55 PM   #128  

and happy Wednesday to all!

Not much to report on my end as weight remains the same. Finally, finally, it has cooled down some. Beautiful overnight sleeping weather and temps in the 80s today. The university where I work hosts an annual staff appreciation picnic with bbq type of food. This year it was tri-tip sandwiches , fruit salad and quinoa salad. Everything was delicious and I was surprised how reasonably portioned everything was. I was satisfied without being stuffed.

Gemini6: You don't know how wonderful 60 degrees sounds! I'm with you; I'll take all of the cool weather Mother Nature gives because I know we're nearing the end of it! What's going on with your ? Bad string of luck or just their time? working out your food.

DayDreamer26: A big to you. Sometimes just getting through each day is all we can do, right? Keep checking in and letting us support you.
Old 05-25-2017, 08:05 AM   #129  

S/C/G: 262/255/121

Happy Thursday everybody!

I had some emotional upset this week but I didn't cheat to feel better. I would like to say it was my willpower but not exactly. I have had bad pain in my shoulders, shoulder joints, and muscles . . .not like a bad back . . . but severe enough it was disabling me. I had no energy to do nuthin. That was the impetus to get blood work. Thought for sure I had lyme disease or something like that. Anyway, managing my blood sugar has made the pain go. So I look at the food I am tempted to cheat with and imagine the pain in my shoulders . . . ummm, no thank you.

It's kind of like a dog shock collar . . . except its God's carb collar for me.

Stuck to the plan including my walks.

Curvy: Thank you for your kind words.
Old 05-25-2017, 09:30 AM   #130  
NOOM user

S/C/G: 300/230.6/170

Height: 5'4

Happy Friday Eve!!

While travelling, I did something to my back and I find myself having difficulty even walking, which is frustrating to this new runner. I thought when you dropped a ton you don't have back problems anymore... annoyed. Anyway, going to my doctor today to see if he can prescribe something stronger. It took 3 Aleve just to get me able to walk and go to work...

End of Week 3 weight: 251.8
24: 248.5
25: 248.4
26:
27:
28:
29:
30:
31:
End of week 4 weight:
Week 4 loss:
Overall loss 1.9 + week 4
Old 05-25-2017, 12:33 PM   #131  
Andando...

Gemini6: Oh no! What happened with your electronics? Good Luck!!

curvynotlumpy: That picnic sounds delicious!!

---

Well... feeling a bit better but still drowning in my feelings. Was trying not to make things harder for other people, since today something big is happening and all focus had to be set on that. Anxiety and stress are through the roof. Current Mood: crawl into a hole a and cry.

But, there are more pressing matters to focus on, so I suppose my sulking will have to wait. I was very good yesterday, even with everything that's going on but the scale... URG! 212.5 lbs. I don't really get this random ups. Definitely not what I needed today. This week has been crap thus far... both regarding my weight and life in general. Can it be over yet?

Sorry for the rant... And THANK YOU all for your support!

05/25: 212.5 [+0.9] WTF?!?!
05/26:
05/27:
05/28:
Old 05-25-2017, 06:12 PM   #132  

Greetings!

I can't believe we're nearing the end of another week! However, that's not a bad thing since a three-day weekend upon us (well, folks in the states have this to look forward to )

DayDreamer26: Rant away, girl! Sometimes it's necessary and it feels so good. You mentioned that you're food has been on point lately. Have you been able to do any other good/positive stuff for yourself? Do you have a close friend or family member in which to confide? These patches are tough and the only good advice I have for you is to care for yourself as much as you can because you will get over this hump.

Victorious: Chronic pain is terrible! Has your blood work come back yet or was a high sugar level the culprit? It's good that you've been proactive to discover what might be causing it. True, it is a disappointment when you realize you can't or shouldn't partake in some of the things you love, but being pain free is certainly worth it. I have a couple of friends who are gluten intolerant and I can't even imagine a life without bread or pasta. However, other than weight gain, those things have never caused me physical pain so I've never had to go without. While they miss their gluten products, they do just fine without them and it is precisely due to the good you describe. They don't want to mess this up. for doing so well with your eating choices in spite of your pain.

LauraRVA42011: I hope your doctor appointment went well!

Wishing everyone a blessed evening.

Last edited by curvynotlumpy; 05-25-2017 at 07:42 PM.
Old 05-26-2017, 10:56 AM   #133  

Good morning and happy Friday

Back to back meetings start my day, but after that my calendar is pretty open so I hope to accomplish odds and ends that have been hanging around for some time.

Wishing veryone a wonderful day and start to their weekend whether it be standard or three day. I'll try to swing by later if I get the chance.
Old 05-26-2017, 12:36 PM   #134  
Andando...

curvynotlumpy: It's just funny how everything comes all at once. xD I am feeling a lot better today though, thanks! A bit guilty over last night choices, but that's all.

Gemini6: Wow! You made it! That's impressive!! Grats on the loss!

---

Well... yesterday my up was random but today's lack of loss is 100% my own fault. The day only got worse after I posted ! So I cut my finger with a slicer... I felt so smart. Anyway, it wouldn't stop bleeding so I ended up in Urgent Care. Had to call someone to give me a ride too since I was feeling a bit light headed.

I guess we will be finding out what's going to happen today, and these news will probably affect life quite a bit. Not in a negative way, but it could be positive, if things go well.

Sooo I ended caving in for the first time... yay! Had Burger King for dinner. Technically only 45 cals over, but the fact that the scale still shows 212.5 might prove that wrong. I have not lost a SINGLE 10th of a lb. This will probably be a wasted week. Three more weigh ins until Monday, hopefully I'll manage at least something by then.

05/25: 212.5 [+0.9]
05/26: 212.5 [-0.0]
05/27:
05/28:
Old 05-27-2017, 09:33 AM   #135  
Operation Less Fluffy

Happy Weekend!

Laura – OH MY about the back problems derailing your running and sidelining you! I hope it is something temporary so you can get back to running soon. Great job on the downward trend!

Victorious – So sorry to hear about your emotional upset this week and all the health issues! Good for you not cheating though! I hope you continue to feel better.

DayDreamer – Glad to you are feeling better and keeping my fingers that everything turns out positively for you! Sheesh woman, how’s the finger??? When you said you caved and went to Burger King, I was not expecting “45 calories over”. That is amazing!!! Any delay in your outstanding downward sprint is probably water related and will catch up with you.

Curvy – I bet those tri-tip sandwiches were delish. Good for you not over-stuffing! I hope you have the most wonderful three-day weekend and the temps are kind to you!

Casey, I know you are preparing for the big move, but hope you are well and aren't having too much pain!

Rennie, MISS YOU LADY!

Last edited by Gemini6; 06-18-2017 at 04:38 PM.
Closed Thread