Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 06:47 PM   #106  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Just a quick drop-in today, since I didn't check in yesterday either...will do personals later. Saying hi to everyone all at the same time! Weigh-in was 223.0 even yesterday, but back up to 223.4 today. Not sure where it will be tomorrow, because we had Chinese food again today, but will be drinking water to help flush that sodium kick out a little. Hoping it doesn't bump up too much.

Had a doctor's appointment evening before last for some follow-ups on my blood labs and ultrasound that I'd gotten done last week due to recurring pains in my upper abdominal/sternum area and my back -- found out that I have a several gallstones that have been causing these "pain attacks", as well as a small mass (most likely just a cyst they say!) in my pancreas, so they want to get a CT done for that. She wanted to refer me to the general surgeon to go ahead and get my gallbladder removed right away, but I reminded her that I was moving soon, so I will have to get a referral for that as soon as we get settled in over in Arizona.

I feel like I remember seeing someone talk about the exact same symptoms I was having, which ended up being gallstones for them as well here on 3FC....was that in these monthly threads or my monthly threads on the other section?? That post was the reason I insisted on getting checked for gallstones when they were telling me it was most likely just severe gastritis, since it was so painful. So, whoever that was (I couldn't find the post anywhere on the site with the search function) --- thank you!

Week Three
15: 225.0
16: 223.6
17: 223.0
18: 223.4
19:
20:
21:
----------------------------
End of Week Two: 226.2
Total Loss for Week Three:

Last edited by opheliaphoenix; 05-18-2017 at 09:12 PM.
Old 05-19-2017, 11:27 AM   #107  
Gizmo

Good Friday late morning! After long hours at work, I am finally on a one-week vacation. I'm trying to catch up on all the posts this morning.

opheliapheonix it's a good thing that you sought medical advice concerning your abdomen pain. Hope you can get a good referral for further tests and treatment once you get to Arizona

DayDreamer26 way to go on the inches lost, such a great way to SEE a difference. The scale does not tell the whole story.

curvynotlumpy hope you enjoyed your time off in the afternoon. I'm just like you whenever I leave early, I feel guilty. But really we shouldn't, we work long hours and it seldom happens that we do take a few hours off.

Gemini6 hope you can get your calf and hip pain under control. Don't do like I did and ignore the pain and wind up having trouble just walking the dog. Take care of your body so it can take care of you.

So I am taking it easy today, just trying to recuperate from long work hours. The more I think about it, the more I think I should get my bike out of storage to get some cardio in, since I can't do much inside the house and can't walk for too long. I don't even know if my bike is in good enough condition to ride, it's been so long. My tendon pain is manageable with physiotherapy, but I'm not moving enough to lose weight, I'm still at 250.something. During our vacation we are planning a few nights out, so I definitely need to get moving more if I don't want to gain. But vacations are meant to be enjoyed.

Last edited by Martine; 05-19-2017 at 11:28 AM.
Old 05-19-2017, 12:17 PM   #108  
Operation Less Fluffy

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Curvy - I hope you had a nice afternoon with friends!

DayDreamer - Congrats on losing all those inches!

Casey - You poor thing! I hope you can get some relief soon from all your health issues! Take care of you!!!

Martine - Enjoy your vacation!

Last edited by Gemini6; 06-18-2017 at 04:41 PM.
Old 05-19-2017, 03:43 PM   #109  
Cupcake lover

S/C/G: 270/260/135

Height: 5'5

Martine Have a great vacation!

Gemini congrats on the maintenance progress. Keeping it off was always the hardest for me, so CHEERS!

Ophelia I'm glad you're getting checked out and getting answers. Ugh so much on your plate!! This too shall pass. Keeping you in my thoughts as you move and get through the gallstone nonsense (it is NOT fun, I know....)

I am sunburnt and back from Florida! When I traveled in March, my airplane seatbelt did not buckle. This week it fit WITH ROOM! (Even after vacation eating) Whatever the scale says tomorrow, I will be happy & proud. Have a fabulous weekend darlings!
Old 05-19-2017, 04:45 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Good afternoon

My thanks to all wishing me a good afternoon off of work. I had a great afternoon. I have some long retired friends who purchase season tickets to musicals in the city about 15 minutes away from us. Every year I attend a couple of them with the group. Yesterday, it was just me and two of the ladies who went to see The Phantom of the Opera. Phantom was very well performed and the sets were equally stunning. After, we had dinner. A wonderful day all around.

Martine: Sounds like you've had a busy and exhausting week! I'm sure that couldn't come soon enough. I think it's worth a shot to get your out and see what, if anything, it needs to get up and running.

Gemini6: losing the majority of your vacation weight! It's not an easy thing to do. I know it's frustrating to update your tickers, but if you lost eight of the ten pounds, you'll drop the other two sooner rather than later. And honestly, if two pounds is your real weight gain from vacation, I call that a win all around! Vacations do funny things to weight, from my experience.

opheliaphoenix: I'm glad you have some answers that explain you stomach pain. You'll be able to follow up quickly I should think once you've relocated to? When will that be? I don't know anything about gallstones or the gallbladder so I'm wondering if there is anything your doctor can do to ease the pain in the interim; a prescription of some sort?

gulfmagnolia: I can't think of a better NSV (non-scale victory) than having a seat belt that fits...with room!!

Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend!
Old 05-19-2017, 05:08 PM   #111  
Andando...

opheliaphoenix: I am so sorry you've been in pain.Hopefully now that they have the correct diagnosis you won't have to suffer for much longer. You are doing great juggling all that's going on, so don't be too harsh on yourself if the pounds are a bit stubborn this week. Less than 2 weeks until June, hang in there!! ^_^

Martine: Yay! Get some rest, enjoy your time off!! I miss my bike SO much!! But I don't think I can afford one now, and to be honest... I don't think I'd like to go out by myself. I might be starting Ice Skating lessons in two months or so, though... It'll only be once a week.

Gemini6: That's SO true! For the longest time I went about wearing clothes too small for me, not out of choice... More like I didn't have access to bigger sizes. It does feel nice to WANT to keep my jeans on once I get home. I used to HATE them, cause they were SO tight and uncomfortable. Now I can have them on all they, with no fuss. So yes! Comfort is important!! I keep SO many clothes that don't fit, it's sad... But, it is nice to have smaller clothes to try on every so often. I'm looking forward to when I fit in a pair of size 12 jeans buried somewhere on my closet! Yay on the progress! As you are not giving up, it's a win!

---

Yesterday, I had some more pulled pork for lunch and dinner was... what was it? Oh, chicken fried rice (homemade). Not sure what the plans for today, or this weekend are. Today's weigh in was 213.6 lbs. And I just realized that was my goal for this month! So Yay!!! ^_^ That makes it 8.0 lbs lost! I'll see if I can get 3 more lbs off in the almost 2 weeks left.

05/15: 215.8 [-0.5]
05/16: 215.4 [-0.4]
05/17: 213.8 [-1.6]
05/18: 213.8 [-0.0]
05/19: 213.6 [-0.2]
05/20:
05/21:
Old 05-21-2017, 11:42 AM   #112  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Good morning

Just a quick drive by to say and wish everyone a happy Sunday. No real update from my world today except that it's and will be for most of the week. I'm stuck indoors completing the drafts of my performance appraisals but hope to get a good walk in some time today.

DayDreamer26: Well done meeting your monthly goal two weeks early! as you demolish your next three pounds!
Old 05-21-2017, 02:00 PM   #113  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Martine: Thank you, I will be following up as soon as I can when I get there. And, I hope your bike is in good enough condition to start riding!

Gemini6: Thank you, I appreciate it! I'm just glad to have a definitive answer as to what's been causing it...now just looking forward to getting that taken care of, lol. And, great job getting off that vacation bloat!

gulfmagnolia: Thank you! And, airline buckles are an awesome NSV...congrats!! (P.S. Hope your sunburn heals up soon.)

curvynotlumpy: They said it should be pretty easy to get set back up with everything, since all the info will be on file in the new records before I even get there, so that will help! And, my doctor was able to give me a presciption for some pain medication in case I have another run-in with the stones in the meantime. Thankfully, I haven't had to use them since my appointment, but I am happy to have them just in case. It can get pretty intense, lol. And, I'm glad you had such a lovely day off with your friends...sounds like a wonderful time all around!

DayDreamer26: Thank you, that's what I am hoping as well...and, I am looking forward to zooming through these next 2 weeks, lol. Hope it goes by quickly! Haha. And, congrats on hitting your goal for the month already!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been a few days since I checked in again...sorry about that. Had some fluctuations the past couple of days, but still ended up at 222.6 today, which is 3.6 lbs down for Week Three. So, that helped balance out my less than stellar week last week. Hoping to stay as consistent as possible through the rest of the month!

Week Three
15: 225.0
16: 223.6
17: 223.0
18: 223.4
19: 222.6
20: 222.8
21: 222.6
----------------------------
End of Week Two: 226.2
Total Loss for Week Three: 3.6 lbs.

Old 05-21-2017, 10:40 PM   #114  
Cupcake lover

S/C/G: 270/260/135

Height: 5'5

Daydreamer Kicking butt!! WTG!

Curvy POTO was always my favorite...jealous

Chipped away some of the 4lb vacation gain. Still working on it! Got t-boned in my work parking lot yesterday. I am stressed while waiting for the insurance company to give me some answers but in the meantime I am happy to be unhurt and able to work. May has been a b****. I am so ready for June and better things!

April 30th = 256.8lbs
May 7th = 252.0 lbs
May 14th = 251.4
May 21st = 253.6
May 28th =
May 31st =

Last edited by gulfmagnolia; 05-21-2017 at 10:41 PM.
Old 05-22-2017, 04:33 AM   #115  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

Height: 5'5"

Casey - I think HowdyTX mentioned her doctor suggesting she has gallstones because she was having what felt like heart attack pain. I just spent the winter in Gallstone ****. My case was not typical but it is surely a lesson on how things can get horrible very quickly. Do not delay once you get moved because while I'm super psyched I lost 50 pounds in 4 months due to my gallstones I would rather have been healthy and lost the weight more healthily. Avoid fats till you can get it out. Olive oil seems to be okay but pretty much all other fats of any kind can make your pain worse. Avoid eggs and cheese. Really most dairy. And shrimp. Shrimp are low calorie so i thought without checking they'd be "safe" but they weren't. 90% of the time if you don't eat anything "bad" you will be pain free till your surgery. I lived on salmon, boneless skinless chicken breasts, caesar salad (with a very specific dressing, most store bought will be "bad"), my homemade bread, my homemade kefir, and a homemade 3 bean salad. Every person's gallstone diet varies some but if yo eat the wrong thing the pain can become worse than childbirth. That's strong motivation to find the right foods....

You can send me a PM if you have any questions.

Good luck!
Old 05-22-2017, 07:02 AM   #116  

S/C/G: 262/255/121

Hello everyone!

This is my first post in 2017. I had blood work which pushed me into being serious about losing weight.

My goal is to walk everyday increasing the length each week to build up my endurance.

Diet wise, I am on a home 5 -1 high protein fiber like medifast but with products you can buy in the grocery store. I don't lose weight easily but I also don't gain weight as easy either. I am sticking to this for twelve weeks strict to retest my blood work in twelve weeks.

Week Two Mon; got my walk in and have strictly complied with my diet for a week.
Old 05-22-2017, 08:42 AM   #117  
Gizmo

gulfmagnolia any car accident sounds scary, so glad you are nit hurt.

opheliapheonix what a great result this past week! You got right back on track.

curvynotlumpy can you please send some of that heat over here? It's rainy and cool today, no fun at all. Hope you got ahead on your appraisals and could enjoy the rest of your weekend.

DayDreamer26 congratulations on reaching your monthly goal already

Just popping in to say hello. Nothing much to report. I tried walking for a longer distance yesterday and was feeling some mild pain so didn't push it more than I thought would be safe. Hope everyone will enjoy a great Monday.
Old 05-22-2017, 02:40 PM   #118  
Operation Less Fluffy

Victorious!

GulfMagnolia - That is wonderful about the roomy airplane seatbelt! So sorry to hear about the accident, but glad you are okay!

Curvy - I hope things cool down for you!

DayDreamer - Congrats on hitting your goal already for the month!

Casey - Woohoo on the 3.6 off this week! You'll be in the teens any second!!!

Martine - I so wish I could send you some of our heat with a big helping of humidity!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Last edited by Gemini6; 06-18-2017 at 04:40 PM.
Old 05-22-2017, 04:09 PM   #119  
Andando...

curvynotlumpy: Thanks

opheliaphoenix: Thank you! Hope things quiet down for you soon.

gulfmagnolia: That sucks!! I am sorry. I hope everything got sorted out without trouble. We all have bad times, I am sure it will get better. Just hang in there.

Victorious: Welcome!

Martine: Thanks!!

Gemini6: It was pretty good, if you are craving some... Make it yourself! That way you can control your portion and the amount of oil in it. The one I make it's different form your average fried rice though, very simple. Cooked rice, browned chicken, chopped omelet, green onions and oil. You might be able to make it work, though I don't know if you are following a low carb diet.

---
Friday was an odd day... I actually pulled an all nighter and didn't sleep until 8 pm Saturday night. That's probably why my Sat weight was so high [214.5]. I also ate less than 1000 calories because I eat the bulk of my food at night and I ended up going to bed early (I didn't realize this until it was like 6 pm, else I would have eaten more through the day... I was exhausted ).

Sunday [212.3] was pretty normal, I did find myself having the munchies most of the day. But I made it through. I don't think there is much more to say.

Today, my weight stayed the same but after that huge loss... I am okay wit that! I am SO close to my first goal! I don't know why I made the first one so 'far' away in terms of lbs... but oh well, I am almost there!! I am hoping to reach 210 by the end of next week! ^_^

05/22: 212.3 [-0.0]
05/23:
05/24:
05/25:
05/26:
05/27:
05/28:
Old 05-23-2017, 06:42 AM   #120  
NOOM user

S/C/G: 300/230.6/170

Height: 5'4

I'm back from traveling and in spite of a cheat day yesterday, my trip resulted in a 1.8lb gain which I'll happily take. Onward and downward!

End of week 2 weight:253.9
15: 252.6
16: 252.2
17: 250.9
18: 250.0 - fingers crossed it stays while I'm away...
19: no weigh in due to travel
20: no weigh in due to travel
21: no weigh in due to travel
22: no weigh in due to travel
23: 251.8

End of Week 3 weight: 251.8
Week 3 loss: 2.1
Overall loss 1.9lbs
Closed Thread