Old 03-08-2017, 12:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 390 / 385 / 250

Height: 6' 5"

Exclamation 40 Day Fast

First, am I in the wrong place?!? I am a dude not a chic...

I am starting a 40 day juice fast on March 20th and looking for advice/support.

I plan on drinking 6 blended juices throughout each day with adding some hemp protein in 1 or 2 of them. Zero solid intake.

I am new to this whole thing, but my old ways were not working and I am looking for a jump start...a pseudo natural way of shrinking my stomach without the surgery.

I also created my FIRST social media account to document this, will be posting pics and tracking progress...my username is gnascor on IG.

Thanks,
B
gnascor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 01:04 PM   #2  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

We have guys here too.

I can't give you any feedback, not having ever tried a liquid fast for that long. I did read an article the other day that Doppelbock beer was created by monks who do a 40 day fast and "liquid bread" doesn't break the fast so they created a highly dense beer to get them through their fast. You can read about it here. Not that I'm suggesting you try beer, just that it's been known to work. I had a co-worker that did this 3 month deal where all he consumed was a water/maple syrup/lemon concoction. He lost a tremendous amount of weight. I don't know if he kept it off, though. That would be my primary concern is what happens when you add back in solid food? You won't have developed good eating habits because you haven't been eating.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 03:40 PM   #3  
New-b

S/C/G: 219/ticker/155

Height: 5ft

I have not tried your approach. That takes serious will power (my current downfall) but I did want to say WELCOME!
WannaB2cute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 06:10 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 390 / 385 / 250

Height: 6' 5"

Thanks for the feedback, I did a 9 day fast last month and felt it only started working after 4 or 5 days...I don't get anyone that does a '3 day cleanse'

At the end of the 9 day fast, I felt great, but was just bored...drinking the same thing, every day!

Like I said, I would like to shrink my stomach, not doing it to lose weight.

I just realized, did I post in the wrong group? Does 100lb club mean you want to be in the 100s or want to lose 100s?!?

Thanks, and I started posting on Instagram today.

B
gnascor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 10:43 AM   #5  

Height: 5'5"

100-pound club means you want to lose 100 pounds or more. But it's not a strict guideline, and no one polices it. It's just a way to group people with other people who might be better able to relate to each other's struggles. Someone like me, who started at 278 pounds, might be sensitive to someone who started at 160 and wanted to lose 30 pounds when that person talked about how "huge" she was when she started at my goal weight. And she might not think I understood her struggle if I see 160 pounds as skinny.

So, welcome! And it's great that you've identified an obstacle and started looking at ways to address it. You may get bored on the drinks. I did a liquid diet for two weeks, and I had a better variety, and I did get bored from time to time. But there was also an element of simplicity that I loved. When I wanted dinner, it was not a hard decision, and there was no prep for me (there may be for you -- you don't say if you blend your own drinks), so I loved that element. Just don't think you only have two options -- quitting or making yourself batty. You can decide to add in different kinds of liquid or mix up the juices or a variety of other options.

Good luck! Glad you've joined us.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 11:06 PM   #6  
mjf

That diet doesn't sound very healthy. Do you put vegetables in it, or is it just fruit? You also need some fat in your diet, so I would suggest putting some nut butter or avocado in your juice (healthy sources of fat). Are you getting enough calcium? Are you getting enough iron?

If you want to reach your long-term goals, then I think you should find a healthy and balanced diet that you're able to stick to for the rest of your life (as opposed to going on temporary diets).
mjf is offline   Reply With Quote