Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2017, 05:45 PM   #121  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Vladadog: Thank you, and congrats on being able to comfortably enjoy your pizza!! I can only imagine how exciting it must be to be able to eat certain things you'd like without being in pain or getting sick, so it is definitely worth cheering over.

Martine: I'm glad you're feeling better about things. That's a good way to look at it, and good work getting in that exercise!

Vivvian: Oh no!! I'm glad you're alright, realigned, and ready to go. Sorry about your car, though!

curvynotlumpy: Thank you. And, that really would be interesting to see...I'll have to look through all my logs soon and see if there is any type of pattern there. Hope you enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

Weigh-in was 246.4 today...so bumped up a bit as expected, but still stayed under 247, which is my 50 lb mark. Hoping to keep it below that point and moving back down again for my challenge's end tomorrow! The last two days have been rest days for my foot, but going to try heading out tonight for at least half of my evening walk to try out the new shoes I got yesterday and start breaking them in a little.

Week Three
15: 249.8 (TOM already over -- or was a false start?)
16: 248.8
17: 248.2
18: 245.6
19: 246.4
20:
21:
----------------------------
End of Week Two: 250.2
Total Loss for Week Three:

Old 03-20-2017, 09:13 AM   #122  
NOOM user

S/C/G: 300/230.6/170

Height: 5'4

Happy Monday!

Had a pretty good weekend. Actually exceeded my step goal yesterday which historically has been impossible for me previously.

My TOM is imminent and I'm hoping it is not too negatively impactful. It hasn't been the last two months, in fact I lose, but once I resume the pill I spike back up and maintain for longer than I'd like - something I'd like to change this time around.

15: 270.4
16: 269.4
17: 269
18: 269.8
19: 268.2
20: 269
21: 268.3

Starting weight week three: 271.6
Ending weight week three: 268.3
Total week loss: 3.3
Overall loss: 7.1

Week Four place holder:

22: 267.2
23:
24:
25:
26:
27:

Starting weight week four: 268.3
Ending weight week four:
Total week loss:
Overall loss:7.1 + (week four)

Last edited by LauraRVA42011; 03-23-2017 at 05:37 AM.
Old 03-20-2017, 11:31 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Good morning

I hope everyone had a good weekend. Today will be a big catch up day since I was out of the office most of last week. Weight is up a bit to 205, but overall I seem to be shedding my travel bloat pretty steadily. One of my goals is to increase my step mileage. I've been managing 10,000 steps nearly every day, but I'm greedy and want more Walking was the exercise I used to shed most of my weight when I last had consistent weight loss success. No reason not to return to something so good for me.

Here's to a great Monday!

Last edited by curvynotlumpy; 03-20-2017 at 11:34 AM.
Old 03-20-2017, 04:37 PM   #124  
|| Casey ||

LauraRVA42011: Nice job on the steps!

curvynotlumpy: Hope you're able to get all caught up today!

Weigh-in was back down a little at 246.2 today, so that means I am still at over 50 lbs lost for my other challenge. Whew! Haha. Took my new shoes out for a test walk to start breaking them in last night and managed about 3.8 miles overall. I ended up starting to feel a little soreness from my alignment readjusting to the new support (something they told me I would feel and need to acclimate to while breaking them in after my gait analysis) around 3 miles in, which is all I was expecting to be able to do anyway, so I took it easy and stayed home after my first loop. Will probably do the same thing today or the next couple days even, just to make sure I get used to it before going the whole 5 miles or more. We'll see, though!

Week Three
20: 246.2
21:
Total Loss for Week Three:

Old 03-20-2017, 07:13 PM   #125  
Gizmo

Vivvian that accident sounds scary, I'm glad you're ok

curvynotlumpy getting all those steps in is surely helping with the travel bloat, great job there.

So I exercised after work today. And I've actually drank 2L of water two days in a row, which is a feat for me. Time for supper and some relaxing with hubby. Hope everyone had a great first day of Spring.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:17 PM   #126  

S/C/G: S214/C190.0/G114

Height: 5'2"

Much belated cheers (and so much kicking a$$ while I was gone!):

CONGRATS to everyone joining the 50 pound club (Scotsgal, Vladadog, ophelia) !!! That's amazing!

Laura: welcome to the 260s!

Scotsgal: running is my mortal enemy (along with yogurt) so anyone that runs on a treadmill gets a high-five!

Curvy: welcome back from San Antonio (waves from Houston) ! The brazilian steakhouse sounds fab! Sorry you only got mediocre Tex-Mex. Just means you'll have to come back.

Lisi: Happy early Birthday! Keep the celebration going! What do you have planned for the actual day?

Vladadog: *mmm pizza*! I'm so glad you are still able to eat pizza! It is truly one of the joys of life~

Martine: your pep talk sounds super helpful! I know I tend to drag my feet when I'm being "forced" to do something. Just like in school when I would throw a temper tantrum over writing an essay for class, then the next day pull out a journal and write a 10 page story just for myself with no problem. lol

Vivvian: Eek! Sorry about the car, but I'm glad you're ok!! Hopefully you can use the rest of spring break to rest and recover.

Meant to update this weekend but boyfriend and I spontaneously drove to South by Southwest music festival in Austin, TX this weekend & miracle of miracles, I did not eat junk food! :O I brought pre-packaged Ideal Protein (the low carb diet thing I'm on) foods to eat for breakfast, lunch, and afternoon snack (since it’s one of those diets where you’re supposed to eat something every 3-4 hours you’re awake). Dinner was grilled chicken kabob from a mediterranean food truck. I have never seen so many people mobbing a music festival in my life! Super fun, but so crowded I’m not sure I could take more than a day of it (the festival lasts a week). TONS of walking---sadly I forgot to charge my Fitbit and the battery died right as we got to the hotel so not sure exact # of steps, but much more than I regularly do a day.

We saw a Japanese chick rock band where there was crowd-surfing, a band where a dude started praying to the sunflowers on his microphone, a German version of Lana Del Rey, and a rap group from California before we gave up and went to the hotel to sleep. Also, I’m pretty sure the ladies in the bathroom stall next to me did a line of cocaine at one point. Straight up crazy night.

Sunday we went to the arboretum to check out the wildflowers since there's been so much rain and everything is blooming.... Strangely enough,we saw more flowers on the roadside on our trip up than we saw at the arboretum. But yay for more steps while walking around searching for them

Week 7 weigh in today: 187.4, down a total of 26.6 pounds (woohoo! a quarter of the way to goal!)

Last edited by howdytx; 03-21-2017 at 09:59 PM.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:42 AM   #127  
Gizmo

howdytx that trip to SXSW sounds like a blast, what a great weekend you had! And you got to celebrate reaching 1/4 of your goal too!

Got in another good cardio workout just now, which included some standing abs work. So far so good this week. Have a succesfull day everyone!

19: 253.0
20: 253.2
21: 251.8

Last edited by Martine; 03-21-2017 at 11:17 PM.
Old 03-22-2017, 08:29 AM   #128  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

You are all awesome!

I have been very busy the last week and its kind of stressing me out a little. Its preventing me from getting back on track as quickly and the scale is supporting my nonsense. My mum had her gall bladder taken out on Friday, but I don't think I realised that she would then be in the house watching TV while I want to do home workouts. My sister also had her little baby on Sunday Morning, Little Eoghan (Owen) arrived weighing 7lb 10 and is as cute as a button . I also decided to join a pipe band to help them compete at competitions throughout the summer, but I am struggling with money so much that I have no idea how I am going to be able to afford it.

Stresses = Maintenance for me, so I need to get my butt to the gym and try my best to burn something extra.
Old 03-22-2017, 09:21 AM   #129  
Gizmo

Scotsgal congrats to your sister on her new little bundle of joy Eoghan (love the name!). Yeah stress messes with my routine as well, hopefully the gym will help alleviate some of it.

Speaking of stress, we learned at 7pm last night that your company's vice-president would be dropping by our store this morning. So my colleague and I scrambled to make sure everything would be alright for the visit. Employees really pulled through. I'm working the afternoon/evening shift again, I can't wait to see how the visit went. Supper's already done and I got in 30 minutes of cardio, so it's a pretty good start to the day. Hope everyone will have a great one!

22: 250.8
Old 03-22-2017, 04:40 PM   #130  
|| Casey ||

Apparently, I typed out my update yesterday, but then got interrupted and sidetracked and never came back to actually post it! Whoops, lol. So, I'm posting both yesterday's and today's update together today! Already running out of time today again, so going to go ahead and post this without personals today....so, hi to everyone!

------------------------------------

YESTERDAY: "Weight is still slowly inching back down from my post-whoosh bump up and was at 246.0 today. Overall, my loss for the week is 4.2 lbs, so I am happy! I ended up being able to do the full 5 miles on my walk last night, so we'll see what I do tonight. These shoes seem to be working out, though! "

Week Three
20: 246.2
21: 246.0
Total Loss for Week Three: 4.2 lbs.

------------------------------------

TODAY: "Weigh-in was 245.6 today, so back down to what my whoosh was initially. Hoping to break through this and move again tomorrow. Took the kids out with me for a shorter walk last night, so I didn't get in my full 5 miles - only around 3 miles - but, I was pushing my 2 year old in a stroller, and that was killer on the hills...lol. I didn't realize how much more resistance that would give me, and I think I got in just as much of a workout yesterday, if not more, than usual. Unfortunately, my FitBit didn't monitor my steps correctly because I was pushing the stroller, but I was able to calculate our distance manually after we got home and realized it stopped measuring halfway through. May use the Boba carrier next time so my arms can have free movement, even when his little legs get tired and he needs to be carried."

Week Four
22: 245.6
23:
24:
25:
26:
27:
28:
End of Week Three: 246.0
Total Loss for Week Four:

Old 03-22-2017, 07:58 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

friends!

Just doing a quick drive by. Nice to see everyone but geez, miss a day and Scotsgal has a new niece, howdytx had mad fun at SXSW and Martine successfully navigates a surprise store visit from a store VP. Life has a way of keeping every one of us on our toes and that's a good thing. As for me, it's been a busy week with lots of odds and ends that just keeping popping up. It's my own personal game of office whack-a-mole!

Wishing everyone a wonderful evening

Last edited by curvynotlumpy; 03-23-2017 at 08:50 PM.
Old 03-23-2017, 05:47 AM   #132  
NOOM user

S/C/G: 300/230.6/170

Height: 5'4

Wow, this week is flying by! Doing something right as the scale continues to steadily drop.

Congrats to Scotsgal on the new addition to your family! Hope things settle soon so you can focus on you. Love that you are so generous with your time helping others.

Martine hope everything went well.

OpheliaPhoenix keep it up, Lady! You continue to inspire me!

For me, I've increased my step goal to 10k steps. Keep up the good work, everyone!

22: 267.2
23: 266
24: 265.7
25:
26:
27:

Starting weight week four: 268.3
Ending weight week four:
Total week loss:
Overall loss:7.1 + (week four)

Last edited by LauraRVA42011; 03-24-2017 at 06:30 AM.
Old 03-23-2017, 03:56 PM   #133  
|| Casey ||

howdytx: Thank you, and welcome back! And, great job staying on plan while on the road AND being at a music festival -- that is hard to do. Also reaching your quarter milestone...lots to cheer you on about!

Martine: Great job getting in those workouts and doing so well on your water! You're doing awesome all around, on your weightloss AND at work...lol.

Scotsgal: Wow, so much going on! Hopefully you will get a break soon and your mom will heal up well...and, congrats to your sister on having her baby!

curvynotlumpy: Good luck with your workplace whack-a-mole! Hahah. Everyone is definitely staying busy this week, lol.

LauraRVA42011: Ditto!! You're doing so well...keep it up!

Weigh-in was 245.0 today. Did 5.5 miles on my walk last night, so I'd say the shoes are fully broken in. Still struggling to get more than the same 12 servings on my water every day, but will continue to work on it. Hope everyone is having a great day!

Week Four
22: 245.6
23: 245.0
24:
25:
26:
27:
28:
End of Week Three: 246.0
Total Loss for Week Four:

Old 03-23-2017, 06:53 PM   #134  
Gizmo

curvynotlumpy I like the image of whack-a-mole for work, it's a perfect fit. Hope you catch a break from those moles at some point.

LauraRVA42011 the visit with our VP went very, very well, thank you. Great job on increasing your steps.

opheliapheonix you're really killing it with all of your walking. I am anxious for warm weather to come and snow to melt, so I can walk with Loki at a park nearby where there's a lake. I find that really relaxing and the whole "circuit" is a good 45 minute-walk.

Hope everyone had a great day. Work was fine and I just got in 20 minutes of cardio upper-body toning. I think my triceps will hate me tomorrow.

22: 250.8
23: 250.0
Old 03-23-2017, 10:53 PM   #135  

S/C/G: S214/C190.0/G114

Height: 5'2"

*runs in* hello all!

Good vibes: Completed 12 hr shift then realized I had no food at home. Combined dinner + "workout" by walking to a health restaurant for a salad and chicken kabob plate & walking home.

Unpositive part of the day: I was complaining to my boyfriend about how I couldn't really see a difference at 26 pounds down and was still wearing the same clothing and what does he say: "wow your boobs have gotten smaller, I think you lost at least 10 pounds from your boobs-that's where all the weight loss went." I look forward to them plumping back up again at least a little once I get back on carbs. In the meantime, I will continue to give the evil eye to the boyfriend for being insensitive.

TGIF tomorrow y'all!

Last edited by howdytx; 03-23-2017 at 10:56 PM.
Closed Thread