Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 10:57 AM   #166  
NOOM user

S/C/G: 300/230.6/170

Height: 5'4

Nichelle! Totally agree about SkinnyTaste! I have both her cookbooks and have yet to make something that didn't turn out fantastic. It is the first light cookbook that has meals my husband really loves. Highly recommend!!
Old 02-21-2017, 11:07 AM   #167  

S/C/G: 281.4/.../150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraRVA42011 View Post
Nichelle! Totally agree about SkinnyTaste! I have both her cookbooks and have yet to make something that didn't turn out fantastic. It is the first light cookbook that has meals my husband really loves. Highly recommend!!
I made the brownies with the black beans and my brother ate them! Which is a huge deal because he is the pickiest eater I know!
I just started using her 2nd cookbook. My aunt bought it for me as a b day gift.
I also like how she doesn't use special ingredients I have to go searching for and will never use for anything else lol
There is the odd thing I can't get in Canada but I just substitute it for something similar and seems to work
Old 02-21-2017, 12:15 PM   #168  
NOOM user

Nichelle, have you checked out the LooneySpoons cookbooks? They're Canadian. I bought the original one when I was home a couple years ago (from Toronto originally). Those are pretty good too and they have local ingredients!

I subscribe to their newsletter too. http://janetandgreta.com/
Old 02-21-2017, 04:23 PM   #169  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Martine: Thank you! It's been having a new little drop-then-maintain pattern the past few days, but I am pleased with it because it has been consistent with no actual gains...I hope I can keep this up! Also, I stayed up a little late last night, but it was just because my husband wanted to watch a couple extra episodes of a new show, but I took 10mg of melatonin and it worked! I went right to sleep when it was finally time for bed. It was actually a little difficult for me to get through the last episode because I was so sleepy, lol. I feel like that dosage for me was as effective as something like Unisom while still being natural. I'm going to be trying it again tonight if I have any issues.

Vivvian: The weather here has been so inconsistent lately with the rains coming on and off, but it has been mostly unseasonably warm and sunny here for nearly all of February and even a few days in January -- I'm talking high 70s, low 80s. It is so weird to be somewhere that is already basically full-on Spring by February, lol. It has been great for walking purposes, though! The coldest it has gotten this month was low 40s/high 30s, and that was in the evenings. Of course, it's been raining all day today, but it is still in the low 60s...hoping it will clear up for a few hours so I can go out and get my walk in without getting soaked.

Nichelle: I just checked out that site and already found so many things I'd love to try! Definitely bookmarking that one, lol. Thanks for sharing!

Today's weigh-in was 260.4 again, which makes for a 5.2 lb loss for the week! Totally fine with the fact that I weighed the same today, because it was after another little whoosh...so, it was to be expected. I'd rather have a drop-then-maintain pattern and stay consistent than go through that plateau I had again! This week was a lot better for me overall than the last few weeks, so I'm hoping I can keep that going.

I changed up my walk a little to add an extra loop of the neighborhood yesterday, and it brought me up to just over 4 miles total for the trip...will probably do it that way from now on, because it gives me over 10k steps in just that one walk, not including what I do around the house, and just ups my time by about another 35 minutes. So, not too bad. Hoping it will quit raining today, so I can go out and do it again without getting drenched...lol. I also hit my water goal of 20 cups yesterday, so trying to do that again today, as well!

Week Three
15: 264.6 (TOM)
16: 263.8 (TOM)
17: 263.2 (TOM)
18: 262.0 (TOM still lingering, but seems to be coming to an end finally.)
19: 262.0 (Nope, apparently TOM is still lingering...wth?)
20: 260.4
21: 260.4
----------------------------
End of Week Two: 265.6
Total Loss for Week Three: 5.2 lbs.

Old 02-21-2017, 07:46 PM   #170  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Greetings

I hope everyone has had a good day. As anticipated, a busy day for me, but a productive one. We interviewed our second (hopefully, final) candidate for our Administrative Position. It went well. Now, it's a matter of weighing their qualifications. I'll keep you posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdytx View Post
Huh. So today made my 1st attempt to use a recipe from the Ideal Protein Cookbook I purchased online. Supposed to be chocolate chip cookies (because if I have to cook, it's gonna be something worth it, dammit!)... Does not LOOK like chocolate chip cookies.... Does not taste like chocolate chip cookies. Pretty much a super flat yet puffy biscuit (similar to a buttermilk scone for @Scotsgal) consistency with a couple sad chocolate chips that could not distract from the DESERT-LIKE DRYNESS that sucked all moisture from my mouth on each bite. 1 out of 10 instead of zero solely for the fact that it was bread-y and i miss bread's carb & gluten-y goodness.
howdytx: I'm sorry to hear about your fail, but the retelling of what when down is priceless!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladadog View Post
yesterday morning while waiting for the kids to wake up I checked out the maintainers section for some insights to help me better grok my (our) challenges... but this night got busy so no replies to all your great comments or other coherent thoughts to share yet....
Vladadog: I read one of the Maintainers threads religiously every morning. I've learned so much about their various processes, setbacks and strategies that I feel like when I finally do lose the weight, that I have a better shot at maintaining the loss than I have in the past. Plus, they often have discussions about their careers and job issues and I've been able to pull a lot of wisdom from there as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martine View Post
I'm very tired this morning. Well I think that I'm always tired in fact, due to never sleeping well. After binging Friday night, I'm back to healthy eating, trying to get my weight back down. Hope everyone will have a great day.
Martine: getting back on track with your eating. It's never easy but I've always admired how you never stay stuck for long. Wishing you good sleep my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraRVA42011 View Post
I'm inspired by the other walkers on the thread and I have not really committed to exercise yet, so now is as good a time as any to start.

My step goal for today is 7500 steps. I also like the idea of plotting the distance walked (I think I did a similar challenge about 10 years ago). Looks like the average amount of steps in a mile is 2000 so I will start my walk and keep track of how far I've gone. For the last week of February, my goal is to have walked from my home to my work which is approximately 24 miles.
LauraRVA42011: walking! In fact, the last time I lost a significant amount of weight it was through changing my eating habits combined with walking--morning and night and to and from work (a 2.62 mile walk each way). I have a compromised right ankle so it was the best exercise for me. Later, I added gym workouts and running. You've set some great and specific goals for yourself. You got this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivvian View Post
Morning everyone! I think I'm finally caught up from no power all weekend: did my food prep and so have good and healthy things to eat and clawed my way through some school stuff I'd got behind on. I still have more of that, though—but there's always more of that! Planning to go to the gym this evening--it worked well last Tues. so hopefully it will work well today, too.

curvynotlumpy, I've been reading about the huge storm and flooding up in NorCal, especially in the Central Valley... I hope you guys aren't getting hit too hard and you're staying warm and dry!
Vivvian: Well done on your food prep and keeping your your priority! It a lot and the winds kicked up mightily, but all in all, no real damage or flooding where I live. Thanks for your good thoughts.

Have a great evening!
Old 02-21-2017, 07:51 PM   #171  

Quote:
Originally Posted by opheliaphoenix View Post
curvynotlumpy: Hey...I'm originally from NorCal! Where do you hail from there? I was raised in Butte County.
opheliaphoenix: I live in the Sacramento County area. You know exactly the weather I'm talking about!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nichelle View Post
www.skinnytaste.com
Is a great website for 'light' cooking/baking. Ive only found like 2 recipes I didn't like. There is pictures along with written instructions.
The food in my opinion taste great. �� she also has 2 cook books published.
She posts all the calories fat fibre etc...
Nichelle: Thanks for the information on the skinnytaste website. I'm going to check it out Cookbooks and cooking websites are one of my guilty pleasures. I can get lost in them for hours!

Last edited by curvynotlumpy; 02-21-2017 at 07:52 PM.
Old 02-21-2017, 11:58 PM   #172  

S/C/G: 217/217/156

Height: 5'4"

uh oh, not doing so well , and have to get back on track. I appreciate all your honest remarks.
I did lunch and a movie with a friend. We saw Founder. Great movie, but the guy who Made McDonalds a big name was a conniving baddie. Saw a couple of extras I knew in it, but my friend didn't see herself - although she worked in a bank scene.

Vivvian, glad you're back online, lol, you know?
Laura, hi
Nichele, I keep mentioning planning - but had a couple of crazy days with DH, on the go.
Martine, yes, nights are the hardest, I'm a night eater.
Vlada, great walking
Ophelia, so near and yet so far. My sil has gone there on business, that's how I've heard of it. We've had some gigs pretty far south of Atlanta, posted I mean. I haven't worked further that Union City/ Fayetteville.
Old 02-22-2017, 06:38 AM   #173  
Gizmo

Not much time this morning, I'll just wish everyone a great day!

01: 250.0
02: 251.2
03: 248.6
04: 248.2
05: 249.2
06: 251.2
07: 249.2
08: 249.2
09: 248.8
10: 250.2
11: 248.8
12: 249.2
13: 250.2
14: 250.2
15: 248.8
16: 248.8
17: 249.2
18: 250.0
19: 250.6
20: 251.6
21: 250.6
22: 249.2

Last edited by Martine; 02-22-2017 at 06:38 AM.
Old 02-22-2017, 09:55 AM   #174  
in itinere

S/C/G: 242.3/241.2/138.0

Height: 5'5"

Busy couple of days in store for me too today and tomorrow. Rough day yesterday—ate a LOT, though did avoid sweets at least. I was just starving, all day, though. Did make it to the gym at least!

Have a good one everyone!
Old 02-22-2017, 10:56 AM   #175  

Good morning

Count me in as one of the busy bees this morning. Today and tomorrow we're interviewing for our new peer advisers for next year. We hire in the winter, and train them in the spring so they're ready to work summer orientation and the next academic year.

Don't know if I'll make it back for personals today so sending good that everyone has a great and productive day!

Curvy

Last edited by curvynotlumpy; 02-22-2017 at 12:59 PM.
Old 02-22-2017, 11:13 AM   #176  
NOOM user

I was thrilled yesterday when my Garmin watch face set off digital fireworks as I hit my 7500 step goal! Actually got in over 8100 so in a couple weeks, I think 10K is attainable!

Have a great day all!
Old 02-22-2017, 02:26 PM   #177  

S/C/G: S214/C190.0/G114

Height: 5'2"

*waves* Briefly popping by for an update. Week 3 weigh-in results: -3.2 pounds, total loss: 14.8 pounds (averaging about 5 pounds per week). Went to bookstore afterward and rewarded myself by buying too many books (my to-be-read pile is growing....) Have a great one y'all!

*pops back in* oh shoot! I forgot to add extra excitement... newest weight is below 200! whoop!

Last edited by howdytx; 02-22-2017 at 02:28 PM.
Old 02-22-2017, 02:34 PM   #178  

S/C/G: 198/196/150

Height: 5.6"

i started last friday with 198lbs. today i am191lbs. i am on protine diet and fnding it easy.i am new to this form and want ti establish my ticker . can nay one plz guide me how to do that.i intend losing 50 lbs. and want to stay motivatef
Old 02-22-2017, 03:45 PM   #179  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Just a quick check-in today, so saying hello to everyone all at once. Congrats to all the progress and even milestones I am seeing...you guys are doing awesome!

Weigh-in was 260.0 on the nose this afternoon. Almost got in my water yesterday, but was just shy at 18. I guess I should have just chugged those last two cups really quick, but I was too tired...lol. Also got in my steps yesterday, despite the weather. The rain never let up, so I just found my umbrella and sucked it up and went out for the 4 mile route. However, my shoes have a lot more "breathable" mesh than I realized, so now I'm regretting it a little bit -- they were basically water buckets by the time I got back home. Haha. I had them drying in front of my fan overnight, so hopefully they will be dry before I'm supposed to do it again tonight!

Week Four
22: 260.0
23:
24:
25:
26:
27:
28:
----------------------------
End of Week Three: 260.4
Total Loss for Week Four:

Old 02-22-2017, 11:50 PM   #180  

S/C/G: 217/217/156

Height: 5'4"

Wow, great news from a lot of you. I'm still struggling, but hanging out with the winners is good for me. Today actually I'm feeling a bit better. Thurs I'm avoiding a free lunch my dh is going to. I'll stick around and keep it simple.

Ophelia, I know about walking in the rain!
Antra, welcome, Namaste, my husband is from India. Good for you, I know you're giving up a lot of bread and rice. There is a lot of info here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faq....b3_board_usage
Howdytx, that is fabuloso
Laura, that is very cool, about the fireworks.

Last edited by Lisi; 02-23-2017 at 12:01 AM.
Closed Thread