Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 12:04 AM   #151  

S/C/G: 217/217/156

Height: 5'4"

Curvy - I now have two windows open, but I don't see how it would keep me from losing this. dreary weather is dreary - But good time to relax
Ophelia - so where in GA are you. Easy to find casting calls on FB. For ex: Friend CL Casting and Tammy Smith Casting. There are quite a few others. Hope you stay well. I love your list of 10 reasons.
Vivvian - I would have been able to add plenty of canned food to the menu. What a bummer.

Me? I'm good today. I had thought I'd be doing south beach diet, but Im really grazing too much, and just eating less of everything, with better choices maybe. After all these years I know what to eat. I really have to get into the 3 meals/and snacks. Plan em.. Love knowing you people.
Old 02-20-2017, 03:22 AM   #152  

S/C/G: 281.4/.../150

Height: 5'8"

Ended up having people over this weekend for a games night which was a lot of fun. But I ended up eating fast food while running around getting stuff done :/ before people should up.
Also didn't quite make it on my water intake either... but I did buy myself a 32oz water bottle with a clip so I can attach it to my purse and bring it with me all the time. I will weigh myself in the AM. Hope you all had a good weekend
Old 02-20-2017, 04:11 AM   #153  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

Height: 5'5"

busy weekend. here's my update and then I'll go read what I've missed out on....

2/4 - 226.4
2/12 - 225.6
2/18 - 222.6

I started walking from Bag End to Rivendell on 5 February, 2017

Day 1: 2.2. miles walked, 2.2 miles total – leaving Hobbiton and following the hedgerows south…
Day 2: 5.9 miles walked, 8.1 miles total – entering the Green Hill Country of The Shire
Day 3: 3.5 miles walked, 11.6 miles total – near the birch grove where Frodo and Sam had a frugal supper on their first night of walking
Day 4: 3.4 miles walked, 15 miles total – started down Stock Road
Day 5: 2.2 miles walked, 17.2 miles total – still in the shire. The Hobbits walked 18 miles their first day. I am such a slacker…
Day 6: 1.2 miles walked, 18.4 miles total – broke camp and started on second day (dealt with broken down truck)
Day 7: 1.9 miles walked, 20.3 miles total – note to self, take fitbit with you after you charge it…. (also, worked on truck)
Day 8: 3.2 miles walked, 23.5 miles total – still walking the rolling hills of The Shire
Day 9: 3.1 miles walked, 26.6 miles total – more rolling hills
Day 10: 4 miles walked, 30.6 miles total – near Woody End
Day 11: 2.5 miles walked, 33.1 miles total – Black Rider!!!
Day 12: 3.6 miles walked, 36.7 miles total – a path through ancient oaks
Day 13: 1.9 miles walked, 38.6 miles total – singing and walking in the twilight
Day 14: 1.6 miles walked, 40.2 miles total – Elves (who scare away the Black Rider)
Day 15: 3.6 miles walked, 43.8 miles total – walking with the elves
Day 16: 4am on February 20th, 2017 and I've already walked 3600 steps....
Old 02-20-2017, 05:37 AM   #154  
Shifty Werewolf

Jelder - good luck making your 2/27 goal!!!!

Scotgal - I want your life! A beach in Scotland, working from home, time for a snow free walk with the dog(s)....

Curvy - thanks for the helpful "open 2 windows" tip.... d'oh! I know I must have done this in the past. No more lost posts!

Lisi - meal planning, no matter what your meal plan is, is so incredibly important and so easy to let slide. I need a handful of healthy, fast, emergency meals ideas "justin case".
Old 02-20-2017, 11:07 AM   #155  

S/C/G: S214/C190.0/G114

Height: 5'2"

TODAY I WILL GET 10,000 STEPS. There. It's written and on the internet, so it must be done.

Q: If losing a large amount of weight, what is the best way to not have saggy/flappy skin?

I am glad I'm not the only one who has been losing posts! I've been trying to copy the text before posting in the off chance it deletes my post or has auto-logged me out again. Of course, this only works if I remember to copy the text... ****Update--This is a terrible practice. Do not be me! I just clicked post quick reply w/o copying text and my post was deleted (even after I literally just wrote this sentence about remembering to copy text before posting). SMH

Best of luck to everyone this week! We can do it!
Old 02-20-2017, 12:20 PM   #156  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Good morning

I have the day off so I'm trying to prepare things so I don't have so much for tomorrow when I get back to work. I'm also getting some household tasks done as well. The continues.

howdytx: Love your determination. YES, you will get your 10,000 You got this!

Vladadog: Glad the advice helped. Lots of good comments lost to disappearing posts. At 4 a.m. I was in deep mode. on amassing 3600 steps by that time. So impressed!

Lisi: For me, it's all about avoiding user error if possible. Don't know about you but I'm usually working on other things as I read comments and I would accidentally close my 3FC window with my posts due to split focus. My first 3FC window is the one I'm reading. The second window is for my comments and what I'm responding to. I have found that if I close any window it will be the first one with no comments. Of course, this explanation is useless if there are glitches within the system, you do everything right and you still lose your comments. Been there, done that as well and it is truly frustrating.

Nichelle: Sounds like game night was a lot of fun. It's really easy to resort to what is quick and available when you need to get stuff done and can't really stop to eat. Great about the water bottle.

Wishing everyone a great day!

Last edited by curvynotlumpy; 02-20-2017 at 12:20 PM.
Old 02-20-2017, 04:09 PM   #157  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

curvynotlumpy: Hey...I'm originally from NorCal! Where do you hail from there? I was raised in Butte County.

Lisi: We're stationed over here at Fort Benning, at least until late Spring/early Summer...then we're set to PCS out to Arizona. We've lived here for over 4 years, but the only casting call stuff I have seen is up in Atlanta for The Walking Dead...lol. We always talked about trying out for an extra spot, but never actually did it. The only thing I have ever auditioned for was a jean jacket commercial back when I was 14, haha. (I actually got a call back, but we couldn't afford the headshots for the agency they were using...boo!)

Nichelle: That's what I have...a 32oz bottle with a clip, if I need it! I think having that around helps out so much, and it's easy to take places when I go out.

Vladadog: Great progress!

howdytx: That's the spirit! You WILL get those steps! About the loose skin, I have read that it is more up to your genetics and how much weight you have lost more than anything you can do to actually prevent it. I would say to drink lots of water and that keeping your skin moisturized and building muscle underneath the skin to burn fat and tone would be your best defense, outside of what your genetics will do for you naturally. Sometimes, it is just a matter of time and giving your skin the chance to recuperate after being stretched for however long you had the extra weight stored there.

Today's weigh-in was 260.4. Didn't have any real nausea yesterday or this morning, so hoping whatever that was about is over with...lol. Didn't get in all my water yesterday, only 16 cups, but I got my steps in at least! Had terrible insomnia last night and was awake until a little after 3am, so going to take some melatonin tonight about an hour before bedtime, and hopefully that won't be an issue again tonight.

Week Three
15: 264.6 (TOM)
16: 263.8 (TOM)
17: 263.2 (TOM)
18: 262.0 (TOM still lingering, but seems to be coming to an end finally.)
19: 262.0 (Nope, apparently TOM is still lingering...wth?)
20: 260.4
21:
----------------------------
End of Week Two: 265.6
Total Loss for Week Three:

Old 02-20-2017, 06:28 PM   #158  

S/C/G: S214/C190.0/G114

Height: 5'2"

Huh. So today made my 1st attempt to use a recipe from the Ideal Protein Cookbook I purchased online. Supposed to be chocolate chip cookies (because if I have to cook, it's gonna be something worth it, dammit!)... Does not LOOK like chocolate chip cookies.... Does not taste like chocolate chip cookies. Pretty much a super flat yet puffy biscuit (similar to a buttermilk scone for @Scotsgal) consistency with a couple sad chocolate chips that could not distract from the DESERT-LIKE DRYNESS that sucked all moisture from my mouth on each bite. 1 out of 10 instead of zero solely for the fact that it was bread-y and i miss bread's carb & gluten-y goodness.

Of note: I followed the directions, this is why I don't cook. I occasionally used to visit the website ThisIsWhyYoureFat.com just to be like, sure I ate an entire sleeve of cookies, but look, at least I didn't eat this 80,000 calorie monstrosity! Denial is a lovely place.

Last edited by howdytx; 02-20-2017 at 06:52 PM.
Old 02-21-2017, 06:06 AM   #159  
Shifty Werewolf

yesterday morning while waiting for the kids to wake up I checked out the maintainers section for some insights to help me better grok my (our) challenges... but this night got busy so no replies to all your great comments or other coherent thoughts to share yet....

weigh ins:
2/4 - 226.4
2/12 - 225.6
2/18 - 222.6

I started walking from Bag End to Rivendell on 5 February, 2017

Day 1: 2.2. miles walked, 2.2 miles total – leaving Hobbiton and following the hedgerows south…
Day 16: Day 16: 4.2 miles walked, 48 miles total – cross the Stock-brook
Old 02-21-2017, 07:36 AM   #160  
Gizmo

Vladadog love the Lors of the Rings references. Much success on your walk.

opheliapheonix the number on the scale keeps going down, congratulations! Hope you slept better last night. I had too many thoughts running through my mind and didn't sleep well at all last night.

I'm very tired this morning. Well I think that I'm always tired in fact, due to never sleeping well. After binging Friday night, I'm back to healthy eating, trying to get my weight back down. Hope everyone will have a great day.

01: 250.0
02: 251.2
03: 248.6
04: 248.2
05: 249.2
06: 251.2
07: 249.2
08: 249.2
09: 248.8
10: 250.2
11: 248.8
12: 249.2
13: 250.2
14: 250.2
15: 248.8
16: 248.8
17: 249.2
18: 250.0
19: 250.6
20: 251.6
21: 250.6
Old 02-21-2017, 08:21 AM   #161  
NOOM user

S/C/G: 300/230.6/170

Height: 5'4

Bring on Week Four!!

22nd: 277.6
23rd: 277.4
24th: 275.8
25th: 274.4
26th: 274.4
27th:
28th:

End of week three: 277.6
Total loss week four:

Cheers,
Laura

Last edited by LauraRVA42011; 02-26-2017 at 12:00 PM.
Old 02-21-2017, 08:49 AM   #162  

Haven't weighed myself since Thursday so I decided to this morning... I'm up bu 0.4lbs since the last time. That's okay I can get that back down... I've found the pass few das hard. I've only gone for a walk once. Missed my water intake a few times... I haven't found time to do my meal plan for the week. And ontop of all that I'm trying to get my online training finished for the hotel... which is taking a lot longer them the owner said it will (though I am really enjoying it)...
I'm really enjoying my new water bottle... it's attached to me hahaha

Goals: water at least 100oz. Steps 10,000+. No fast food. After work make a meal plan for the rest of the week!
Hope everyone has a good day 😄

Feb 6: 271.6
Feb 21: 265.8 (+0.4)
Total lost 6.2
Old 02-21-2017, 09:13 AM   #163  
NOOM user

S/C/G: 300/230.6/170

Height: 5'4

I'm inspired by the other walkers on the thread and I have not really committed to exercise yet, so now is as good a time as any to start.

My step goal for today is 7500 steps. I also like the idea of plotting the distance walked (I think I did a similar challenge about 10 years ago). Looks like the average amount of steps in a mile is 2000 so I will start my walk and keep track of how far I've gone. For the last week of February, my goal is to have walked from my home to my work which is approximately 24 miles.
Old 02-21-2017, 09:54 AM   #164  
in itinere

S/C/G: 242.3/241.2/138.0

Morning everyone! I think I'm finally caught up from no power all weekend: did my food prep and so have good and healthy things to eat and clawed my way through some school stuff I'd got behind on. I still have more of that, though—but there's always more of that! Planning to go to the gym this evening--it worked well last Tues. so hopefully it will work well today, too.

LauraRVA42011, I like that way of thinking of things! It makes your goal seem really concrete, doesn't it?

Nichelle, your new waterbottle friend attached to you sounds like a great idea!

Martine, ugh, not sleeping well is the worst, it always just makes the day drag on and on and on... hope you get some better rest tonight...

Vladadog, good job keeping on with your trek to Mordor, and that's a good idea. I've never thought of reading other forums for extra insights.

howdytx, I hear you, I've never found a recipe for something like chocolate chip cookies that tried to make them healthy and was still worth eating. I've had some better luck with substituting a different, healthier food that's still good—like, oat biscuits instead of cookies, because they're much less sweet and easier to control my portions with but still have the same textural thing I like in a cookie—but that doesn't really help if what you want is a chocolate chip cookie, does it?

opheliaphoenix, glad you're feeling a bit better but UGH on the insomnia! Something definitely seems to be going around, since Martine was having trouble too... weather changes, maybe? Is it starting to look like spring at all where you are? That'll do it to me.

Nichelle, games gatherings are always so much fun. What did you guys play? We've been playing a lot of Word Thief, which is kind of like Scrabble but with a certain extra cutthroat element added in.

curvynotlumpy, I've been reading about the huge storm and flooding up in NorCal, especially in the Central Valley... I hope you guys aren't getting hit too hard and you're staying warm and dry!

Lisi, we actually bought a bunch of canned soup on Thurs., knowing our power might go down... and then we remembered that our stove is electric >_< We've lived here for a year! I can't believe we didn't put two and two together!
Old 02-21-2017, 10:05 AM   #165  

www.skinnytaste.com
Is a great website for 'light' cooking/baking. Ive only found like 2 recipes I didn't like. There is pictures along with written instructions.
The food in my opinion taste great. 😀 she also has 2 cook books published.
She posts all the calories fat fibre etc...

Vivvian we played a dice game called 10,000. Then a game all A Game Of Things... then Cards against humanity lol. My family has always plays games... so I try to invite friends/family over to play. I have a collect of different card games board games... I add to it ever year. 😍 lol

Last edited by Nichelle; 02-21-2017 at 10:12 AM.
Closed Thread