Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 06:11 PM   #151  

Ferafilia: Good going on fitting in exercise today. I need to do better with that myself.

futurehealthyme I don't have a fitbit, sorry!

OpheliaPhoenix: Good luck at Olive Garden. Lunch is easier because they have mini portions of pasta then. I love their minestrone and salad and they fit well in plan too, thankfully, even with a breadstick!

Today the scale moved down 0.6 lbs, so I am only up 1.4 lbs from my "weigh day" of Sunday. I was totally on plan yesterday, with 1250 calories for the day. Hopefully when my period ends the scale will make a bigger downwards move.

Today I went out for lunch for Mexican food and did great with not overdoing the chips. I tried my (much thinner) mom's favorite, the Mexican salad plate, which is refried beans topped with cojita cheese, Mexican rice I douse in salsa, and green salad topped with pico de gallo (I had them hold the sour cream and guacamole). I wasn't as full as normal but am just now getting hungry, so I guess I was full enough! Hope its a good day for you all as well.

291.6/277.2/140
Old 01-17-2017, 07:41 PM   #152  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Height: 5'9"

Small rant: STOP TELLING ME I CAN'T EAT PASTA BECAUSE I'M ON A DIET, KTHX.

My plan is to eat so I learn moderation, and will have a healthy relationship with food when I get to maintenance. Which means including all the foods I enjoy eating and will be eating when I get to goal. I am not banning anything from my diet. Not the evil carbs. Not candy. Not chips. Not processed meats (I LOVE salami, don't judge). Not frozen pizza. Nada. It's all staying, I'm just learning how to eat less of it at a time, and use healthy things (read: vegetables) to fill me up once I've had a normal portion. I have had so many people make snarky comments to me (on line and in person) about eating bread and pasta like a noodle is gonna make me gain 5 pounds. Are you serious right now?! Ugh.

Sorry. Needed to vent. Nothing to see here. Carry on.
Old 01-17-2017, 08:03 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 201 / 199 / 140

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone, is it too late to get in on the accountability thread? I just joined and am working on losing 51 pounds. I'm 2 pounds down already!
Old 01-17-2017, 08:47 PM   #154  

I didn't mean to imply you can't eat carbs (especially at Olive Garden), unless of course you are low carbing it. I have to count carbs (but I eat equivalents to 6-8 sliced bread servings a day) and controlling them is my weakest point. More power to those of you who don't dream of going back for more pizza or pasta though, I wish I had an easier time with it!
Old 01-17-2017, 09:11 PM   #155  
~*Mandy*~

Traveller - I'm not eating at Olive Garden! That was in no way aimed at you, but in general frustration in the multiple people that have suggested to me that my spaghetti dinner was a bad idea, because carbs. I LOVE pasta and will not be snuffing it out of my diet because some people think carbs are foot soldiers of the devil himself. Rar. Still grumpy even though I am full of delicious pasta, lol.

Scarlet - Welcome aboard! Never too late to join. We get a new thread every month though, so keep an eye out!
Old 01-17-2017, 10:34 PM   #156  
I can and will do this!

S/C/G: Goal is to reach 170

I had a great day: ate on plan, drank enough water. Yesterday I only walked 2 miles but did the weights (upper body) and I am happy with that. I have to walk before going to bed tonight.
Plan for tomorrow:
Eat on plan, drink enough water, do some sort of exercise = 45 min with increased heart rate in fat loss zone
( DVD, weights, treadmill), take my vitamins.
Week Three
15:
16:244.1
17:243.8
18:
19:
20:
21:

opheliaphoenix, I hope you had a wonderful time with your husband and that your date night was great! Don’t let any possible sodium gain stress you out. It will all flush out. Your determination is very impressive. You are focused and the scale shows it. Great job!
Martine, I am sorry to hear that your hubby is not feeling well. I hope he feels better soon.
Scotsgal, have fun planning the party! WOW, nice job sticking to your gym routine!
Traveller, good for you not overdoing the chips. It takes self control and that is hard!
ScarletBurkeNice job already showing a loss.
FeraFilia, I totally agree with you. I feel that people out there (not here but in our own little worlds we live in) tend to preach and judge. Low carb works for some and it doesn’t for others. I like your approach and attitude. It is healthy. I am personally doing low carb not just to lose weight but to avoid certain medical complications that are closely related to the carb intake. I wish I could just do it your way BUT we each have our own journey, reasons for choosing one plan or approach over other, etc. Don’t let anybody bring you down. You know yourself better than anybody else! Also, FANTASTIC job losing 50 pounds!!! What an inspiration to us all!

Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone. I will check in after work, when I get home (mornings are fast and furious around here hahaha)

Last edited by futurehealthyme; 01-17-2017 at 10:41 PM.
Old 01-18-2017, 07:25 AM   #157  
NOT Aging Gracefully!

S/C/G: 223/ticker/126

Height: 5' 8"

OK, I am really about to mentally write off this month also . . . but at least I haven't gained! This is "baby" tax month, with payroll returns and W-2's and all that mess, plus employees making me crazy, plus, plus, plus ... You know, there is always an excuse, right? But at least I am maintaining a slight downward trend. And I haven't given up on my end of month goal. If I can get focus, I can do it!

Really impressed with everyone's focus on getting in your exercise. I am still not worrying about that. I am very much a "one thing at a time" person, so am working on getting my food under control, then I will start incorporating the exercise. It seems everyone has FitBits now, are they really that helpful? I have been looking at the BellaBeat. Seems to be a different version of the same thing, and it's pretty!

FeraFilia - I am totally with you on the rant about other people! The diet plan I am using is kind of a fringe one that a lot of people haven't heard of, but it is more about food combinations, not eliminating much (except sugar). And people just don't understand it, and I don't want to explain it, because I feel like I sound like a nut. So I just smile and move on and let them stick with their low carb or whatever, because what I am doing is working, even with my husband in town. I have NEVER successfully lost weight except when he was working on the road. And when he came home, guess what happened? (Mind out of the gutter, not that, I regained the weight!) OK, my rant for the day is done. . .

January 5th Weigh-In: 206.6
Month Goal Weight: 199.0
January 31st Weigh-In:
Total Month Weight Loss:

----------------------------
End of Week One: 205.6
Total Loss for Week Two: 1.0

Week Three
15: 206.2
16: 205.6
17: 205.2
18: 204.6
19:
20:
21:
End of Week Two:
Total Loss for Week Three:

Week Four
22:
23:
24:
25:
26:
27:
28:
End of Week Three:
Total Loss for Week Four:

Final Days
29:
30:
31:
End of Week Four:
Total Loss for Final Days:
Old 01-18-2017, 08:08 AM   #158  

S/C/G: 237/ticker/145

Height: 5ft. 6 in.

futurehealthyme I use http://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/ this is the best one that I've found thus far. It gives you projections on future weight (although I believe that they are understated), minimum protein recommendations, etc. Check it out.
opheliaphoenix It definitely is! I use coconut cream and/or heavy cream in mine with peanut butter (I'm an addict) or frozen berries, a little cinnamon, vanilla, and ice. It gives you the needed fat without too much protein or carbs (which is a major problem for me on keto since I'm a carnivore). Regarding the IF, I have the same problem, I am not an early sleeper or riser and I am working on breaking that habit. I was struggling after 2 days with breaking the fast as late at 3pm, so I tried 1pm today and felt much better. I think that would fit into my schedule for next semester when I will be giving and taking classes from 9am to 8pm 3 days in the week with about 1 hour break.

Woke up today at 227.8 which marks 9.4 lbs lost since I started on January 6th. Today was my first very active day since I started Keto. I walked 4km today at a rate of 4.6km/h, did house cleaning, and a 35 minute workout with weights. Had a calorie deficit of 1200 today, of which 85% was exercise. For the first time I was slightly over my fat goal and under my protein goal and drank seven 600ml bottles of water. My birthday is less than an hour away and this was a great way to spend it.

Last edited by chouku; 01-18-2017 at 09:56 AM.
Old 01-18-2017, 09:37 AM   #159  

Yay, the bloat weight is gone (along with 2/10 of a pound more)!

I didn't do anything special, and actually made blintzes for dinner because I was craving sugar (made with low fat cottage cheese, fat free sour cream, Splenda, and Morello cherries from Trader Joes lightly sweetened then thickened). They are healthier than it sounds but remind me of cheesecake. The crepes were fat free too.

Down 16# now!

SW: 291.6 / CW: 275.6 / GW: 140

Start Date January 2
Old 01-18-2017, 10:39 AM   #160  
in itinere

S/C/G: 242.3/241.2/138.0

Height: 5'5"

Ugh. Bad few days—I've been sleeping really badly and then exhausted during the day and having a hard time staying away from things that I know will give me energy to keep me going through work... I've been slogging away at my thesis all day every day, which is both stressful and boring, too. Anyway, I'm at 3 sweet things this week, so if I stop now I can still come in under the 4 I had last week, so I'm going to try for that. And I am still logging, which I feel like is really key to keep things under control.

On the plus side, I've been walking a ton (to and from the cafe where I usually work—10k steps every day this week so far). Not an official goal this week, but still nice...
Old 01-18-2017, 10:56 AM   #161  
Do More than Survive

S/C/G: 285-Heaviest/199/175

Height: 5'7"

Happy Wednesday . . . How's everyone doing? I've been trying to do some reading but I'm behind. I've been doing pretty good. Meal planning and drinking my water. I've added BPC back into my morning routine (Coffee and Coconut Oil). The scale is not budging so I'm trying to get in some exercise (small pockets of movement - dancing, air boxing, etc.). My diet last week was not great (birthday followed by several days of not-so-good choices), so I'm trying to undo the damage I did. I have 13 days left in a DietBet to lose about 5 lbs. Today one of my bosses is taking me out to lunch for a belated birthday celebration. I'll need to make good choices.
Old 01-18-2017, 02:57 PM   #162  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Traveller: Thank you! And, yes...lunch seems to be the best time to go for plate sizes. I ended up adjusting my plan for a bit of an appetizer as well, so I ended up making my own "half plate" portion and brought the rest home for another half portion to have later. I will just have to keep an eye on the sodium for when I eat that, too. And, I'll have to check out their minestrone next time! (And, congrats on hitting 16 lbs down...just read that in the second post! )

FeraFilia: Agreed...it's definitely all about having access to a full spectrum of options, just in moderation. I think that will be the key. Also, great progess!

ScarletBurke: It's never too late to join in...welcome!

futurehealthyme: Thank you, we did have a really nice time with lots of laughs. It's rare that we get that alone time without kids or a TV/computer around, so it was great. Awesome job staying on plan and getting in some good active time, by the way!

jelder227: You can definitely do it! What matters most is that you've got an overall downward trend going, so you are headed in the right direction. Don't let a slower month trip you up. You've got this!

chouku: I will have to try out some of those ideas...also, awesome progress and workout! I hope you have a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY, because you have earned it!

Vivvian: Oh man, getting terrible sleep is draining -- especially when you add all that stress on top of it. I hope you're able to get some rest and that your thesis starts coming along a little more easily. In the meantime, you're doing great getting in those steps and keeping an eye on your sweets! That's awesome, considering everything you're battling right now.

MadeToThrive: Birthdays always cause little bumps, it seems...but, it sounds like you're back on track now. Good luck with the belated birthday lunch today, and I hope you have fun!

----------------------------------------------------------

Weigh-in was 279.8 today, which is a surprise considering last night. I stayed pretty close to my plan...the only thing that changed was that my husband ordered fried mozzarella as an appetizer, and I ended up indulging in two pieces. But, I ended up only eating half of my plate that I pre-planned for, because I was so full so it kind of evened out...lol. I managed to stay under calories for the day, so yay! Sodium was another story, of course. Haha. TOM is still lingering, but it seems like today might be the last day, so I imagine that - on top of sleeping in a little longer today before weigh-in - helped with the little whoosh. I suspect it might be an artificial low that will bump back up or maintain tomorrow, but I'll take it for today as my reward for not going crazy at dinner last night.

Week Three
15: 281.6 (TOM)
16: 281.4 (TOM)
17: 281.4 (TOM)
18: 279.8 (TOM)
19:
20:
21:
End of Week Two: 281.6
Total Loss for Week Three:

Old 01-18-2017, 03:03 PM   #163  
~*Mandy*~

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeraFilia View Post
Weigh in: 278.6 (-1.2)
Yesterday Activity: 40 minutes (419 exercise calories)

Today's goals:
X- Water: 100 oz
X- Food: 1400-1600 calories
X- Active: 45 minutes
X- No snacking after baby bed time
X- Breakfast and dinner are carb heavy, so focus on protein for snacks (cheese, yogurt, etc)
Hi all!

jelder - I find my Fitbit to be *very* helpful. I have one with a heart rate monitor, and I like using it to get an average for my daily calorie burn. I'm still letting it "learn" me a bit, because supposedly they get more accurate with more use. But if I can figure out my TDEE (total daily energy expenditure), on average, I'll be able to subtract 1000 from it and still lose approx 2 pounds per week. It's also got other fun bells and whistles that I like (it's good at logging my cardio that isn't walking such as elliptical workouts and my low impact aerobic videos, because it tracks heart rate). I'm sure any such activity tracker would be useful if you like to track data and trends... or just have a little competition with yourself. Friendly competition is part of the fun on Fitbit, there's a weekly leader board on the website showing where you rank among your friends for the last 7 days.

Today is my low day, so nothing exciting going on here. Nutella oats for breakfast, protein shake for dinner. Some cheese and yogurt for snacks in between. I do this once a week to try to balance out any miscounting or over indulging during the rest of the week. And since hubby has a commitment at the church on Wednesday evenings, he gets leftovers and I get a protein shake. I did have a fun reaction to my Nutella oats earlier when I was on the phone with a nosy family member. I was talking about my new habit of having overnight oats for breakfast and how I make them. Like today's with nutella.

Me: I use 2 tablespoons of Nutella --
Her: *Gasp*
Me: What?
Her: You DO know how many calories are in that stuff right?!
Me: Uh, yeah. 200 per 37 grams. I measure it out at least once a week, why?
Her: I thought you were watching your calories to lose weight?
Me: I'm counting calories, not playing limbo. It's not about how low can you go, it's about how high can you go and still lose weight. You aren't supposed to starve yourself.
Her: ... *silence*...
Me: Hello?
Her: I still think all that sugar will keep you from losing weight.
Me: Tell it to my scale, it just told me I've lost 50 pounds, sugar and all.

BITE ME WOMAN lol.

Weigh in today showed the same as yesterday, so I'm assuming there's a little bit of a loss under the water I'm retaining from pasta night. It will probably show tomorrow morning after today's low cal/high water day (every Wednesday). I'm hoping to get more exercise in today. Yesterday it was more walking outside because hubby forgot to mention his meeting until he was about to head out to it... which is when I was about to go do my video. Hooker. So, I'll try to get it in before his thing tonight.

Weigh in: 278.6 (No change)
Yesterday Activity: 45 minutes (675 exercise calories)

Today's goals:
- Water: 100 oz
- Food: 1200-1300 calories
- Active: 45 minutes
- No snacking after baby bed time
- Prepare overnight oats
Old 01-19-2017, 10:22 AM   #164  
I can and will do this!

S/C/G: Goal is to reach 170

Hi everybody,
I have a couple of minutes before I go to work this morning. Read all the posts but have no time this morning for individual responses. Will make time later. Yesterday was great and so was the day before. I am on plan, drinking water and exercising and the scale is showing it. Thankful here!
Plan for today: same as before - eat on plan, exercise sometimes before bed time and drink enough water.
Have a great day, y'all!

Week Three
15:
16:244.1
17:243.8
18: 242.4
19:241
20:
21:

Last edited by futurehealthyme; 01-19-2017 at 10:23 AM.
Old 01-19-2017, 11:25 AM   #165  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeraFilia View Post
Small rant: STOP TELLING ME I CAN'T EAT PASTA BECAUSE I'M ON A DIET, KTHX.

My plan is to eat so I learn moderation, and will have a healthy relationship with food when I get to maintenance. Which means including all the foods I enjoy eating and will be eating when I get to goal. I am not banning anything from my diet. Not the evil carbs. Not candy. Not chips. Not processed meats (I LOVE salami, don't judge). Not frozen pizza. Nada. It's all staying, I'm just learning how to eat less of it at a time, and use healthy things (read: vegetables) to fill me up once I've had a normal portion. I have had so many people make snarky comments to me (on line and in person) about eating bread and pasta like a noodle is gonna make me gain 5 pounds. Are you serious right now?! Ugh.

Sorry. Needed to vent. Nothing to see here. Carry on.
Love THIS^^^^! Good on you, girl! Mandy, I regained most of my weight because I barely thought about maintenance. That's its own story for another time. However, I lost 60 pounds pretty easily and consistently four years ago and I gave up nothing. Absolutely nothing. Like you, I refused. I like to live. I enjoy food and won't apologize for that. Also like you, I paid attention to portion size. Honestly, there were days when I did eat 3 slices of pizza for dinner or lunch, BUT I knowingly did this. I always planned (when I could) when eating out and was careful to balance the higher calories at one meal with lighter ones either before or after.

Other folks approach their eating differently and that's equally great. People need to get their noses out of your plate! Okay, defense of Mandy's rant over.
Closed Thread