Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 09:02 AM   #136  
in itinere

S/C/G: 242.3/241.2/138.0

Height: 5'5"

Morning all! Sort of!

I forgot when I posted yesterday that we were going to my parents' last night for a mini-party... I did stay away from sweets when we were working in the afternoon, but I had two gin and tonics, which is why I'm awake at 5:30. I definitely should've only had one—quite aside from the calories, when I have more than one I always wake up really early the next day. And yet I never learn.

I feel like other than that I did pretty well, though. Not great, but on my theme of trying to make better choices, I did make better choices then the last time my parents took us out. We went to a local Persian restaurant we like a lot--it's vegetarian friendly (my partner doesn't eat most meat), but the entrees tend to be very big and very carb-heavy, and they also bring out baskets of this really, really good bread to start, and my mom insisted on getting two orders of this appetizer that we all really like. I need to kind of sit down and talk to her about that--she has the traditional Jewish mom thing about feeding people, which is hard to deal with when all of us need to lose weight. Anyway, I ate bread and appetizers, but then I skipped the rice that came with my entree to try and keep it more balanced, and I logged it.

Calculated my average weight (Sunday-Saturday) for the week and I'm down 1.5 lbs! Boy I thought for sure I wouldn't be down yet at all, since I'm not exercising or really working too hard on portion control yet, just focusing on continuing to log my food and eating fewer sweets. I had four sweets this past week (cupcakes were involved -_-), plus my mini-doses of dark chocolate which I'm not counting just yet, so I still have a ways to go still on this better-habits goal:

1/1-1/7: 239.6
1/8-1/14: 238.1

Better habit goals: log food as I eat it (yes!), get down to no more than one sweet a week (in progress)

Last edited by Vivvian; 01-15-2017 at 09:13 AM. Reason: (added my averages and weekly check-in)
Old 01-15-2017, 02:30 PM   #137  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

FeraFilia: Never! In fact, I think you're probably what I would consider my 3FC BFF since coming back...ahh, gotta love acronyms. Haha. Also, still giving your husband kudos for letting you sleep in like that, and I hope that extra sodium flushes out for you soon. I feel like we're all more sensitive than usual to that insidious sodium during TOM...I know I am at least. Hoping that Week 3 goes more smoothly when that all settles back out.

curvynotlumpy: Hi! Hope you have a great day, too!

Scotsgal: Yeah, I cannot wait to get that Charge 2. I'm starting to eyeball it like a creeper peeping through windows at night... Hahah.

Martine: Thank you! And, I bet having your husband working out with you will definitely be motivation. I know it has helped me tons this last week. I'm hoping my husband keeps it up with me after getting taped on Tuesday. It's always nice having someone else there with you to keep you going and hold you accountable on those days you wouldn't really feel like it if it were up to only yourself to get up and move.

Vivvian: Sounds like you handled an immense amount of temptation quite well...great job! Nice loss, as well.

----------------------------------------------------------

Weigh-in was 281.6 again this morning, so no change on the scale today. However, I'm feeling really lethargic and bloated from TOM today, so I am not really surprised. Still managed to get the hour in on the treadmill at the gym even though I would have rather stayed curled up in bed with a heating pad, so I will at least take that part as a small victory...haha.

Week Three
15: 281.6 (TOM)
16:
17:
18:
19:
20:
21:
----------------------------
End of Week Two: 281.6
Total Loss for Week Three:
Old 01-15-2017, 03:14 PM   #138  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeraFilia View Post
Weigh in: 282.4 (TOM)
Activity: 0 mins (according to Fitbit, but 650 calories worth of cleaning lol)

Today's goals:
X- Water: 100 oz
X- Food: 1400-1600 calories
X- Activity: 45 minutes
X- No snacking after baby bed time
X- Prepare oats for breakfast
I hit all my goals yesterday! YAY! Don't have time for a super long check in, but I did want to check in. I think TOM is on the way out, and the scale is reflecting that with a new low. Hoping to see another day or two of drops like this, because that seems to be my pattern. TOM shows up, I bump up a pound or two, stall for a couple days, then drop 3 pounds in 3 days lol.

I hope you all are having a great Sunday!

Weigh in: 280.8 (TOM)
Yesterday Activity: 50 mins (802 exercise calories!)

Today's goals:
- Water: 100 oz
- Food: 1400-1600 calories
- Active: 45 minutes
- No snacking after baby bed time
- Relax with Sims 4 after baby bed time.
Old 01-15-2017, 05:02 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

and happy Sunday to all!

Weight down to 208 so I'm happy with the slight drop. We have a three day weekend due to MLK day so I headed into work today so I could be free and clear tomorrow. I'll soon be in hiring mode again as I'm now looking at applications for a new Administrative Assistant. My unit has been understaffed so long that I have a lot of ground to make up. It feels like an embarrassment of riches but I'm not going to complain

Mandy: meeting your goals and seeing the scale drop

opheliaphoenix: TOM always leaves me lethargic as well. I think I sleep the hardest/soundest during it. Well done fighting the urge to remain in bed and instead get on the treadmill.

Vivvian: I think you're setting yourself up for success by concentrating on your first and then integrating the other things. Really smart and reasonable!

Martine: Oh, that's fantastic that your husband wants to work out with you. You can support and "push" each other.

Have a great rest of your day, everyone!

Last edited by curvynotlumpy; 01-15-2017 at 05:03 PM.
Old 01-15-2017, 07:09 PM   #140  
I can and will do this!

S/C/G: Goal is to reach 170

Howdy everyone!
I was weak, let my TOM gain take over and let it all go down the drain. I am back after a bad week with bad food choices. I am not giving up.
Starting again and learning not to let a gain due to TOM or meds derail me for a week or at all, for that matter. My dilemma is what to do when I eat on plan and am not losing due to meds I am taking. Well, breathing (asthma meds) is a lot more important, right? I think I need to look at calorie intake and see if lowering the total calories will help. We'll see. Back to starting over.
One day at a time!
All the best to you all and congrats for sticking with it!

chouku, what calculator did you use to measure your macros?
There are so many out there, do you mind sharing your source?
Do you ever do carb cycling?
Do you follow the 16/8 intermittent fasting (each day)?
I am sorry, too many questions.........I know!

Last edited by futurehealthyme; 01-15-2017 at 11:28 PM.
Old 01-16-2017, 07:14 AM   #141  
Gizmo

Good Monday morning! Yesterday was on plan until suppertime, where we just ordered out instead of cooking a good meal. High salt and fat=not a good weigh-in today. Back to it today. Have a great day everyone!

01: 249.0
02: 249.2
03: 249.2
04: 248.0
05: 248.4
06: 247.4
07: 247.4
08: 248.6
09: 249.0
10: 247.0
11: 246.8
12: 247.6
13: 247.0
13: 246.2
14: 246.2
15: 247.0
16: 248.2
Old 01-16-2017, 10:58 AM   #142  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Hey Girls

I hope all is well I am up by .1 this morning which is cool, its still a reflection of salt intake from my takeout, also had some salt on my eggs yesterday morning which I never really do, so not sure why I did .

Went to the gym this morning, spending the afternoon trying to plan a stag do (bachelor party), the best man (my best friend) needs to plan one for June and needs my help . Then this evening I will either to go the gym for light cardio, or go for a nice long walk with the dog, not sure what one I will choose

Hope all is well everyone.
Old 01-16-2017, 11:26 AM   #143  
I can and will do this!

Week Three
15:
16:244.1
17:
18:
19:
20:
21:

Walked 4 miles yesterday, ate on plan, drank the water! Yay!
Plan for today:
Walk 4 miles, do some weights, eat on plan, drink enough water
It is cold, miserable and snowing like crazy out there so ......I am not doing anything outside today.
Have a great day everybody!

Last edited by futurehealthyme; 01-16-2017 at 11:27 AM.
Old 01-16-2017, 12:36 PM   #144  

Vivvian Sounds like you did well with a lot of temptations, better than me.

OpheliaPhoenix Good going! All that exercise (even when you didn't feel like it) will make a difference.

FeraFilia Wow, what a great day! Closer to goal every day.

Curvynotlumpy Small losses add up, lady! You're getting there.

futurehealthyme and Martine We all have bad days, but how we learn from them make all the difference. Congrats on the super healthy day that followed futurehealthy me and the good plans for today. I need one of those plans myself today!

ScotsGal Good going with all the exercise! I am getting a gym membership in the next week so will be doing better with that too.

I had a heavier than usual day yesterday calorically (1580: café au lait, ravioli and salad for lunch, country rib portion and roasted cauliflower for dinner, then I binged on 3 apple turnovers at 160 calories each). I gained 2 lbs! Learned my lesson though and I realize I am gaining water weight; I can't gain 2# of real weight off 1580 calories. My mom made dinner earlier then dessert. I meant to eat one since it fit in plan but was up until midnight and she served dinner early (at 4:00 p.m.) so I was hungry again and made a bad food choice.

I plan to do better today! I was down 15 lbs in 2 weeks yesterday morning so I am still thrilled with my (early in weight loss) losses for my start.

Last edited by Traveller; 01-16-2017 at 12:39 PM.
Old 01-16-2017, 01:25 PM   #145  
|| Casey ||

FeraFilia: Good job on making all your goals, and congrats on the new low! Also, I'm hoping TOM is on its way out soon here too, because I am OVER it...lol.

curvynotlumpy: Nice progress, no matter how slight...and good luck with the hiring process! I have never been in the position to hire others, but it seems like it could get stressful. Here's hoping you find the perfect applicant for the position right away.

futurehealthyme: You are back and at it, which is what matters. Also, great walk!

Martine: Definitely just a temporary fluctuation...that sodium in take out is a killer! Hope you have a great day, too.

Scotsgal: I have helped plan a (very mild) bachelorette party but never one for a bachelor...sounds like it could be fun! Haha.

Traveller: Nice...15 lbs is great progress for that amount of time, so you are still doing awesome!

Weigh-in was 281.4 today. Still feeling really bloated and tired from TOM, but down a bit at least. Looking forward to TOM ending soon. My husband and I are both taking a rest day from the gym today.

Week Three
16: 281.4 (TOM)
17:
18:
19:
20:
21:

Old 01-16-2017, 02:47 PM   #146  
~*Mandy*~

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeraFilia View Post
Weigh in: 280.8 (TOM)
Yesterday Activity: 50 mins (802 exercise calories!)

Today's goals:
X- Food: 1400-1600 calories
X- Relax with Sims 4 after baby bed time.

Hello everyone! I hope Monday is being good to you. I didn't get my exercise in yesterday, because time got away from me, and then I had to watch football with the hubs. I would have gone to exercise instead, but I promised him we'd have a couch date for the game since he's such a huge fan of the Packers. And to me, that was more important since we don't get to snuggle on the couch much. Not that we did much snuggling this time, since the kiddo was up and about, but it was still nice.

I thawed out some steaks and have them marinating right now to be broiled for dinner tonight. NY Strips, so the fat along the edge should be easy enough to trim off, and leave me with a good amount of lean meat. Looking forward to that!

TOM is officially out the door, and the water bloat that was hiding my loss is also coming off. Down another pound, so 2.2 in 2 days! I'll either have 1 more decent loss, or I'll start to level out (no loss, .2 or .4) for the following couple days. If my pattern holds true to form, in any case.

I will try to get some exercise in today, because I need it after missing yesterday. I've got energy, and hubby is already done for the day. Once baby is awake from his nap, I'll head down and get it done. I've been pushing myself with these workouts, and am hoping good things are happening in addition to the weight loss.

Weigh in: 279.8 (Officially 50 pounds down!)
Yesterday Activity: 12 minutes (284 exercise calories)

Today's goals:
- Prepare oats for tomorrow and the next day.

Last edited by FeraFilia; 01-16-2017 at 02:59 PM.
Old 01-16-2017, 11:57 PM   #147  
I can and will do this!

Anybody interested in adding one another as Fitbit buddies?
It would be fun and an incentive to keep going.....
Let me know if you are interested and we can private message info since putting it up here might not be safe or wise (you never know...)
Old 01-17-2017, 08:08 AM   #148  
Gizmo

Good Tuesday morning everyone! A day ff to regroup and get on a better track to weight loss. I want to exercise today but it will have to be without hubby becayse he has come down with a cold. Hope you will all have a positive day.

01: 249.0
02: 249.2
03: 249.2
04: 248.0
05: 248.4
06: 247.4
07: 247.4
08: 248.6
09: 249.0
10: 247.0
11: 246.8
12: 247.6
13: 247.0
13: 246.2
14: 246.2
15: 247.0
16: 248.2
17: 247.6
Old 01-17-2017, 01:17 PM   #149  
|| Casey ||

FeraFilia: Congratulations again on hitting 50 lbs down!

futurehealthyme: I don't currently have one, but I'm hoping to get one in the next month or two. I will let you know! I know a few other ladies on the thread use them already. Hoping I can join in with you guys whenever it is that I do get mine, lol.

Martine: That fluctuation is already starting to come back down...awesome. And, I hope your husband feels better soon!

Weigh-in was 281.4 again today. TOM is still sticking around, but I am so done with it...lol. Hoping it hits the bricks -- ASAP. A little worried about tonight, because today is the day of our date night at Olive Garden. It was planned almost two weeks in advance, which almost never happens...haha. It's to celebrate him passing tape this morning, which is the reason he's been working out with me. Although, he has officially said now that he will keep it up with me on the weekends...so, yay for that! But, tonight I will have to be careful...not only because of the insane amount of calories in restaurant food, but the fact that I'm still on TOM and am super sensitive to sodium bloat, which I am FOR SURE going to go way over on tonight. I've been looking at the menu, planning ahead on my lowest calorie pasta options (can't just do the lean meats and such because I'm a vegetarian, and they don't really have many other "healthy" options), and the sodium is still astronomical. So, my goal is to work around the plan for dinner tonight and drink TONS of water....only allow myself one breadstick...and go easy on the dressing for the salad at the beginning. Hopefully, that will help mitigate the damage a little while still allowing me to enjoy the night out. Fingers crossed that I don't gain too much stubborn weight on the scale and that it flushes back out quickly...lol.

Week Three
16: 281.4 (TOM)
17: 281.4 (TOM)
18:
19:
20:
21:
Old 01-17-2017, 01:26 PM   #150  
~*Mandy*~

Quote:
Originally Posted by futurehealthyme View Post
Anybody interested in adding one another as Fitbit buddies?
It would be fun and an incentive to keep going.....
Let me know if you are interested and we can private message info since putting it up here might not be safe or wise (you never know...)
I have a Fitbit, but I don't use it to track steps so much as active minutes and calories burned... So I'm not sure how much friendly competition I'd provide.

Quote:
Today's goals:
X- Prepare oats for tomorrow and the next day.
Well. As far as yesterday's goals, I got so super close to 2 of them, and actually did the other 3. My food was over by about 50 calories because I underestimated the size of my steak and had to adjust it up which put me over (but not by much, and it was covered by my exercise calories!). It was delicious and totally worth it. And my "active minutes" were cut short at 40, because it started raining and I had to come inside (I decided to take a brisk walk outside). So I came close, but didn't *quite* make it. Better than nothing I suppose. And I made coffee + nutella overnight oats for today. YUM. Dinner will be either spaghetti with meat sauce, or a breakfast casserole. Depends on which meat thaws first, lol.

I didn't really believe my scale this morning. Then it flashed "Lo Batt" so I changed the battery and got the same weight, so I guess it's right! I hope you all have a great day!

Weigh in: 278.6 (-1.2)
Yesterday Activity: 40 minutes (419 exercise calories)

Today's goals:
- Breakfast and dinner are carb heavy, so focus on protein for snacks (cheese, yogurt, etc)

Last edited by FeraFilia; 01-17-2017 at 01:30 PM.
Closed Thread