02: 286.4
03: 286.0
04: 286.0
05: 285.2
06: 283.8
07: 283.0
----------------------------
Total Loss for Week One: 3.4 lbs

A good strong finish to the end of the week, after early-week issues with late night snacking. I'm getting better with it. I did have a cookie last night with my sleepytime bedtime cup of tea. I blame my hubby. He brought my favorite cookies into the house. It was a lovely gesture, and really sweet of him for thinking of me... But I wanted to smack him.

Feeling pretty awful today. Some kind of cold or sinus yuck. My little dude has it as well. Hubby had it earlier this week, thanks for sharing babe. First time my kiddo has ever been sick and I'm feeling a little helpless. But, at least my monkey is making it a bit easier on me because he is acting pretty unaffected by it all, except for he gets so mad when we chase him down to catch his runny nose. Not a fan of that, and won't let me use the snot sucker.

Not feeling super hungry with the yuck today, the sinus drainage is making my stomach grumpy. I've had my morning oats and some tea and just want to go back to bed. Gotta power through. Moms don't get sick days!

Weigh in: 283.0
Steps yesterday: 9298 (Not 10k, but not bad considering I spent most of the day snuggling a sick toddler)

Today's goals:
-10k steps (power through the sick!)
- STAY HYDRATED (not measuring water today because I'm drinking so much tea)
- 1600 calories (gotta eat, body needs energy to fight off the yuck)
- No snacks after baby bed time

Last edited by FeraFilia; 01-07-2017 at 03:11 PM.
Old 01-07-2017, 03:19 PM   #77  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

FeraFilia: Wooo, I'm glad your Fitbit came yesterday! How are you linking the setup so far? Also, I hope you're a little kinder to yourself today. You've made so much progress and are doing awesome. However, I know how the little voice in your head can eat at you, just hoping it shuts up and leaves you alone today...lol. -- (Edited to add: Awesome loss for the week!! Congrats to you, too! Hope you feel better soon, though. )

hiimawkward: Hi again! Did you use the doctor's scales both days? If the weight differences are between the doc's and your own at home, it's probably just a scale discrepancy. Not every scale will calibrate you at the exact same weight every time. It's fascinating how different they can be!

futurehealthyme: Yeah, I'm definitely going to have to do it that way. We didn't even watch a movie last night, and I ended up staying up until after 2:30am...then the little one decided to start waking up every 30-45 minutes between 3:30-5am, UGH. Haha. Did not get good sleep last night, so I'm definitely calling it early tonight! Also, GREAT loss for the week...congrats!

CynnyMorgan: Welcome to the thread, Cynny!

Martine: Sorry you have to work through the weekend...hope you're able to hit your water goal today!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

My husband got taped at work and found out he is a little over on body fat%, so now he's in the weight loss mindset with me -- at least for the next 11 days, since that is when he'll be getting retaped. I was just complaining about being the only one trying to be healthy/lose weight in the house on here the other day...I may have jinxed him! Whoops, haha. Last night, he told me that he was going to hit the gym in the morning, and I jumped at the opportunity to join him. We just got back after spending an hour there. You guys....I am BEAT. I haven't been to the gym since the end of 2013, and I am feeling every minute of that time spent away from it in the jello that is now my legs, lol. But, I went! And, I pushed myself hard while I was there, despite being so out of shape, so I am proud of myself. Weigh-in was 288.2 this morning, which puts me at 6.4 lbs down for Week One! If only all the weeks after the initial water push were like this, am I right!? Haha.

Week One
01: 294.6
02: NWI.
03: 294.4
04: 292.0
05: 290.6
06: 289.0
07: 288.2
Total Loss for Week One: 6.4 lbs.

Last edited by opheliaphoenix; 01-07-2017 at 03:22 PM.
Old 01-07-2017, 03:33 PM   #78  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Height: 5'9"

Ophelia - I haven't set up my new FitBit yet. I will be doing that on Sunday after I complete my current stepbet challenge. The One counts my steps much better than my previous wrist tracker (though this new one might be better), and Sunday is the last day of that challenge, and then I can switch gears from focusing on number of steps to heart rate and exercise.

That mean girl voice in my head is one wicked b*tch, and she will not shut up. I need to find a way to tie her up, gag her, and toss her into some corner of my brain that won't pay attention to the muffled screams. :-|
Old 01-07-2017, 03:41 PM   #79  
|| Casey ||

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeraFilia View Post
That mean girl voice in my head is one wicked b*tch, and she will not shut up. I need to find a way to tie her up, gag her, and toss her into some corner of my brain that won't pay attention to the muffled screams. :-|
Hahaha, that visual was perfect. We will have to send a mob with pitchforks after her if she messes with you today!

Last edited by opheliaphoenix; 01-07-2017 at 03:42 PM.
Old 01-07-2017, 06:00 PM   #80  
I can and will do this!

S/C/G: Goal is to reach 170

FeraFilia and opheliaphoenix, you ladies crack me up.
Hahahahaaha

I had a hard morning in terms of being extra hungry. I ate more than usual BUT all on plan. I am feeling just fine now and staying busy with housework and organizing. It's like early spring cleaning since I am on break hahaha
FeraFilia, I hope you feel better soon and that your whole family gets over being under the weather.
opheliaphoenix, nice job going to the gym and working out so hard with your hubby.

Have a great rest of today!

Last edited by futurehealthyme; 01-07-2017 at 06:01 PM.
Old 01-07-2017, 07:57 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 237/ticker/145

Height: 5ft. 6 in.

Thank you!!!! These forums help me a lot!

Last edited by chouku; 01-07-2017 at 10:01 PM.
Old 01-08-2017, 09:06 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 277/170/130

Height: 5'7" / Age: 31

Happy new year everyone! My mother came to visit for 2 weeks so I haven't posted in a while...hope you are all doing well!

I didn't log at all during my mom's visit and we ate out quite a bit but I tried to make 'good' restaurant choices whenever possible, though I did splurge a couple times. My weight has been pretty steady at around 188.8 so I'm glad I didn't gain at least. I was hoping to make it to 180.0 by the end of the month but another trip came up and I'll be leaving at the end of next week, so I'll probably be eating out a lot again during that trip...sigh. I'll be leaving to attend a friend's wedding so I don't want to worry about diet stuff while I'm at the wedding party at least. I'll just have to stay on track until I leave and then get right back on the wagon when I return. The weather has been frigid here and I sorely miss being able to go for long walks outside so I will have to come up with some other form of exercise I can do at home until the gym calms down a bit after new years. I really want to make it to the 100 lb lost mark!

Best of luck and to all!
Old 01-08-2017, 11:04 AM   #83  
I can and will do this!

S/C/G: Goal is to reach 170

Week Two
08: 244.4
09:
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
End of Week One:244.4
Total Loss for Week Two:

No change on the scale but that is ok. One day at a time and sticking with my eating plan. Lots of food prepping and work related stuff today. I want to have lots of healthy choices available so that I am not tempted to reach for bad stuff.
Have a great Sunday everyone and a great week ahead. We can do this!

Last edited by futurehealthyme; 01-08-2017 at 05:46 PM.
Old 01-08-2017, 02:02 PM   #84  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeraFilia View Post
Today's goals:
-10k steps (power through the sick!)
- STAY HYDRATED (not measuring water today because I'm drinking so much tea)
- 1600 calories (gotta eat, body needs energy to fight off the yuck)
- No snacks after baby bed time
I was hit and miss yesterday with my goals. I had a cookie (just one!) after the baby went to bed. My excuse was I needed to eat a little something to go with the meds I was taking. I did make sure to log it, though. I didn't get to 1600 calories, I got to 1300, so not AWFUL, but a lot of those calories were comfort food carbs, and not healthy things. I did have my oats for breakfast, and a breakfast casserole for dinner. Not much in the way of fruits and veggies though. BUT I did get my walking in (almost 10k), and I'm pretty sure I got plenty of fluids based on how much I had to pee yesterday, heh.

Today, I'm taking a rest day/sick day and basically just a day off from strict diet and exercise. I need to get better, and I'm pretty sure I've got a sinus infection. So, might be a trip to the doctor in my future for a Z-pack. I'll still log, but I'm not super hungry because of all the sinus drainage making my stomach upset. Today it's comfort foods, hot tea, snuggly blankets, sinus meds, naps, and Sims 4. I think my body is telling me to take a break, and I'm gonna listen.

Steps yesterday: 9956 (Again, not 10k, but still dealing with a sick toddler and a sick me)
Weigh In - 281.4 - NEW LOW! (not buying too much into this because of the sickness, but I generally retain water and gain weight when I'm sick, so this is confusing to me)

I hope you all are having a better weekend than I am, lol
Old 01-08-2017, 02:27 PM   #85  
|| Casey ||

pinkstarberry: Maintaining a weight while eating out a lot is pretty hard to manage, so at least you're doing something right in the meantime! I have a planned splurge day coming up for a dinner out on the 17th, and I'm already worrying about it...lol. So, good job! Enjoy the trip and the wedding and we will help you hit it hard again when everything calms down. Also, I get you on the gym being packed thing...we went yesterday and today, and it was full to the brim. New Year resolutions bring them all out of the woodworks, lol.

futurehealthyme: You're doing an awesome job sticking to plan...I need to get on board with food prepping too, sounds like it would be so much easier in the end. I've always been bad at planning more that just the day ahead, lol.

FeraFilia: Congrats on the new low! Sorry that you're sick, though. That is the worst. Hopefully you feel better ASAP, and - like I already said on MFP - taking rest days when you're sick is just as important as staying active when you're feeling good. Your body will thank you!

----------------------------------------------------------

Went to the gym with my husband again today, but wasn't able to work as hard (due to only getting about 4 hours of interrupted sleep and feeling under the weather) and just stayed on the treadmill, but we still got an hour in so it is still something! Better than what I've done in the last 3 years, lol. Weigh-in was 287.2 this morning.

Week Two
08: 287.2
09:
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
End of Week One: 288.2
Total Loss for Week Two:

Old 01-08-2017, 04:55 PM   #86  
Gizmo

FeraFilia hope you and your little guy will feel better soon.

opheliapheonix great job on working out for a full hour despite lack of sleep and not feeling 100%

pinkstarberry nice to see you again and way to go on maintaining.

Saw a gain this morning, no clue why, but I'm trying not to let it get me down. Having another on-plan day, we had inventory at work this morning and it went well and I will reach my water intake goal today. Tomorrow I want to start exercising again. I will have to work hard on not talking myself out of it, which is what often happens. Hope everyone had enjoyed a great weekend.

01: 249.0
02: 249.2
03: 249.2
04: 248.0
05: 248.4
06: 247.4
07: 247.4
08: 248.6
Old 01-08-2017, 10:10 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 237/ticker/145

Height: 5ft. 6 in.

Week Two
08: 233.4 (once this keto flu is over I will start regular exercising)
09: 232.1 ((trace of ketones & first gym day)
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
End of Week One: 235.4
Total Loss for Week Two:

Pleased with the progress. Thank you guys for the support. You all are doing very well and are certainly motivating me.
Old 01-09-2017, 01:16 AM   #88  

S/C/G: 343/293/199

Height: 5'8"

January 1st Weigh-In: 295.8 (on the 4th)
Month Goal Weight: 285.8
January 31st Weigh-In:
Total Month Weight Loss:

Week One
01:
02:
03:
04: 295.8
05: 294
06:
07:
Total Loss for Week One: 1.8 lb

Week Two
08: 293.8
09:
10:293.4
11:
12:
13:
14:
End of Week One: 294
Total Loss for Week Two:

Week Three
15:
16:
17:
18:
19:
20:
21:
End of Week Two:
Total Loss for Week Three:

Week Four
22:
23:
24:
25:
26:
27:
28:
End of Week Three:
Total Loss for Week Four:

Final Days
29:
30:
31:
End of Week Four:
Total Loss for Final Days:

Last edited by xJox; 01-11-2017 at 12:33 AM.
Old 01-09-2017, 07:50 AM   #89  
Gizmo

Good Monday! I have a day off but as usual tons of things to do. I'm back to square one this morning. I weigh daily and all the ups are frustrating but I'll keep trying. Have a great day everyone!

01: 249.0
02: 249.2
03: 249.2
04: 248.0
05: 248.4
06: 247.4
07: 247.4
08: 248.6
09: 249.0
Old 01-09-2017, 09:36 AM   #90  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

FeraFelia, My HR tracks my steps much better than my One. For whatever reason, the One never gave me credit for all my flights of stairs. The feature I like most about the HR is that it shows by hour, how many hours you had more than 250 steps. The most I've had is 7 hours with more than 250 steps each.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 01-09-2017 at 09:38 AM.
Closed Thread