Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 07:59 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

That is one little cutie, Mandy! What a sweetheart. He must be so excited for Christmas! on being another pound down. You're a woman on a mission.

@Scotsgal: Ugh, internet issues! That's very frustrating. Know that we'll be here when you get up and running again.
Old 12-07-2016, 01:36 PM   #32  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Height: 5'9"

He really is the best. <3

Another .8 down, bringing me to 3.2 for the month so far! Trying not to get too excited about the first week of progress here, because when I get excited about things they tend to not happen... like snow in the forecast, people coming to visit, or my husband getting home early. So I'm just gonna keep on doing what I'm doing and hope I keep getting the same results.

It's cold outside and I need to be able to wear my jeans and not yoga pants/leggins/dresses all the time :-|
Old 12-08-2016, 08:21 AM   #33  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Still hanging around slightly waiting to be properly cut off My connection has been acting strange since kind of finding a loophole in the contract . Yesterday was a not to bad food day, I was really good but I didn't have any eggs left, which I have for breakfast every single morning, so that kind of set me off for a strange food day. I also kept snacking on these chewy candy things that mum bought. I have having stuff like that in the house, I just eat them when I feel a little weak . I did however have 4 full pints of water throughout the day as well as 2 cups of tea, so water intake was great! but it meant this this morning I was up by .2 instead of down, which I was really hoping for. I need to be spot on with my MACROS for the next week

Fera he is sooooo cute!!! Well done on the loss
Old 12-08-2016, 07:03 PM   #34  
Fishing for a plan!

S/C/G: 225/225/155

Height: 5'8"

Hello!

Scotsgal: I got the MFP ap out of curiosity after hearing you and others sing it's praises. I'd been using "Lose it!". MFP starts me out about 100 calories less! Grrrr! We shall see....
Old 12-09-2016, 10:30 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Lurch Mama, we are all different. An app cannot really decide how many calories we should eat. I would go according to how I lose.

Didn't realize how long I've been absent.

03...DNW
05...DNW
06...DNW
07...DNW
08...DNW

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 12-09-2016 at 10:33 AM.
Old 12-09-2016, 01:24 PM   #36  
~*Mandy*~

I will second the use of MFP. Every time I've used it how it's supposed to be used, I've lost at or above the rate I selected. 50 pounds or more each time. It's useful if you use it right. Especially if you're using a food scale. I was surprised how small 'a serving' is when it comes to most foods, and how far off some of the pre packaged foods can be, since the calories are based on a specific number of grams per item, and they can be off by a several grams either way, especially bread items. Cereal is another one for being notoriously deceptive. Those (3/4 cup) serving sizes are pretty inaccurate if you use a measuring cup. I compared them. I love cereal.

Anyway. 291.2 this morning, so not much of a drop from 2 days ago, but it's not going up so I'll take it... Usually when I hit 3 days in a row of the same weight, a big drop is imminent. I've also been getting 11k+ steps every day this week! And logging my calories! And staying below my calorie limit! (okay, sometimes because of exercise, but that's alright, i'm still in a deficit!). I feel like getting started and being diligent about it for a few weeks is the hardest part. I'm a week in, and I'm doing it right. I'm so proud of myself! I am so bad at sticking to things long term.
Old 12-09-2016, 02:50 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Mandy, I agree with you on correct portions. So many people don't realize what a correct portion is.
Old 12-09-2016, 04:06 PM   #38  
Determind Member

Soo I just had a Chinese takeout It was awesome! So I think I will plan to get up early tomorrow to get in an early powerwalk or something along the beach to get in some much needed exercise. I will also need to work out my arms tomorrow as I was meant to do that today and didn't.

Weight came down a little today, tomorrow will probably go back up again

Lurch MFP tells me that to lose 2lbs a week I need to eat like 15 or 1600 calories, but really I need to eat 1350. Like Wannabehealthy mentioned, it can be down to your own body, but try it out for a week and see how it goes. For me it is about being honest with myself and realising when looking at my food diary why I am losing or gaining. MFP also has the biggest food collection of information, especially for the UK, and especially for fast food or restaurants.

Fera How do you track up that amount of steps? I know that I miss about 1-2,000 steps per day by my phone not tracking my movement around the house, but the weather is just soo rubbish just now, I have no motivation to go out and walk
Old 12-10-2016, 12:16 AM   #39  
~*Mandy*~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotsgal View Post
Fera How do you track up that amount of steps? I know that I miss about 1-2,000 steps per day by my phone not tracking my movement around the house, but the weather is just soo rubbish just now, I have no motivation to go out and walk
I have a FitBit. It tracks my steps, and it's linked to MFP to estimate how many "exercise" calories I've earned. I wear it every day.
Old 12-10-2016, 11:25 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 277/170/130

Height: 5'7" / Age: 31

Hello everyone! I can't believe it's December already. It's been a stressful month for me so far but I'm hoping things will settle down pretty soon. I left the womens shelter and was able to get my own apartment so the past week has been pretty hectic! I was able to get some furniture and kitchen items and I've been sorting through everything, washing all the kitchen stuff, getting it all put away, etc... finally got internet hooked up here too so now I'm able to post more often than when I was stuck on my phone.

My eating habits have been all over the place for the past couple weeks and with all the stress I definitely had a few days where I binged on cakes and cookies at the shelter but now that I have my own place with my own kitchen and a fridge full of healthy food, no more excuses! I want to stay on track for the rest of the month and then enjoy a guilt-free Christmas dinner, so that's definitely a good reward to work toward.

I haven't gained any weight but I also haven't lost much, since I was hovering around 195 at mid-November and this morning I was 193. I really want to make it out of the 190s by the end of the month and start 2017 as overweight instead of obese! I just have to keep telling myself that I can do this!

Hope you all have a great weekend!
Old 12-10-2016, 01:27 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Good morning

It's a dreary, day here but I have to admit that I love these kind of days especially when they fall on a weekend. TOM finally arrived on Wednesday, over a week late. No doubt its tardiness stems from the stress I've been experiencing in evaluating two candidates for the position I have open. One is an internal candidate. Something like this is always easier when dealing with strangers.

My eating has been inconsistent but I've been pleasantly surprised by the lack of holiday office goodies hanging around. Whether it is because I'm busy and don't notice, or that they really aren't in abundance, it takes the thinking and decision making out of it for me. That's a win!

@pinkstarberry: I'm so happy to see you back on the thread! I'm sure I'm not the only one who has been thinking about you and praying you were well. Wow, you've have some big changes in your life--out of your home, into the shelter and into your new home. It will take some time to settle in but I do hope you feel safe and that this is a new start. So very proud of you! And your weight not jumping too much one way or the other is a testament to how well you've managed this time in your life.

@Scotsgal: Another fitbit wearer here. I have the very basic model but it does it's job. Mine is usually clipped to my bra or in my pants pocket. It's a great little motivator. I love seeing my add up.

@Wannabehealthy: and FeraFila on folks not recognizing correct portion size. When I was completely in the weight loss and exercise zone, I did everything by portion size. It is amazing to see what a cup of something or 8 fluid ounces really is. Quite an eye opener but ultimately very helpful. Using a food scale is even more accurate.
Old 12-10-2016, 03:43 PM   #42  
~*Mandy*~

Heh. I wear my fitbit on my bra, too! I have a Charge HR but I noticed it wasn't counting my steps when I'd carry the baby, since my wrist wasn't moving... So, I switched back to my Fitbit One. I'll probably go back to the Charge soon since little dude is walking now.

Guys. I did the first day of a 9 week couch-to-5k program today. Well. Mostly. I didn't do the last 60 second interval of running, I just walked through it. BUT it's more than I've ever done for running.... ever. So, I'm proud, and I'll try again soon.
Old 12-11-2016, 01:59 PM   #43  
~*Mandy*~

Guess who's now in the 280s?! Oh yeah. THIS GIRL. 289.6 this morning. 300 is officially in the rear view mirror, and God willing, this time it will *finally* stay there.

Last night and tonight I'm indulging a bit for dinner at hubby's request... but the next 3 nights are variations on chicken foods! BBQ chicken for the hubs, but then chicken fajitas and chicken stir fry for me! Healthy dinners, ftw.

I hope you all are having a good weekend!
Old 12-12-2016, 07:05 AM   #44  
Determind Member

This weekend has been soo annoying, I have been snacking on stupid stuff that is only around the house because Its the holidays. So this week will be very strict! I wont go over 1350 calories each day, and will stick to my workout programme, I really need to get out of this stupid plateau that I have caused.

I will be getting a Fitbit Charge 2 (HR) for Christmas, so It would be nice to see all those steps that I may have been missing out. My friend who is aPT is always asking why I can't hit 10,000 steps everyday. But it would mean walking for about 3 hours. Even the dog wouldn't want that.
Old 12-12-2016, 10:22 AM   #45  
~*Mandy*~

Not much to update. Just a funny to share...

6. Stop breathing for a while
7. VICTORY!
Closed Thread