Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 10:59 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Pinkstarberry, I'm sorry to hear of your troubles, but so happy that you found the strength to get out of that bad relationship. You have done a great job with your weightloss and seem to be continuing.

I notice your stats need to be updated! Get that changed and show off what you have accomplished!!
Old 11-16-2016, 02:11 PM   #62  
Fishing for a plan!

S/C/G: 225/225/155

Height: 5'8"

**** All...
Sorry I haven't been weighing/posting. We are at the farm in KY and I forgot to bring a scale. I don't have Internet here and cell svc is sketchy. I don't even know if I will be able to post from here. Hang in and hang on, everyone!
Old 11-16-2016, 02:42 PM   #63  
Fishing for a plan!

Well it let me post, but I don't know why it put in those asterisks! LOL.
Old 11-16-2016, 08:47 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Greetings friends

Holy , it's been almost two weeks since I checked in. It's nice to see everyone.

A big to you Pinkstarberry. I'm so glad you found the courage to leave and have found a safe and supportive place to land. We can't be with you physically, but know that your support system extends to this thread as well. I pray that you remain strong and allow yourself to be taken care of. I know that can be difficult.

@FeraFila: When last I checked in you were cleared for surgery. Sounds like you're on the mend and little by little getting back into the land of solid food You must be feeling so much better. Glad you're past the unrelenting pain.

@Wannabehealthy: I find this time of year to be so tough in regards to my weight and the scale. Holidays and birthdays equal treats; cold weather equals comfort food. And I can justify it all. I think it's good that you recognize your limits early. Weight is much easier to manage and attack when we're not in denial. I know this first-hand. I have every faith in you. You got this!

As for me, this morning I was at 207.8 which is basically my "maintenance" weight for the last six months or so. Obviously not my ideal weight, just where I tend to land on any given day.

Okay, gotta go for now. I'll do more updating and responding tomorrow.

A peaceful and lovely evening to all.

Last edited by curvynotlumpy; 11-16-2016 at 08:48 PM.
Old 11-16-2016, 10:38 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/170

Height: 6,1

November Goal Weight: 195
Daily Calorie Goal: Under 1600 (but with a forgiveness buffer up to 1800 every once in a while:P)

Calories:

Nov 1: A million
Nov 2: A million and one
Nov 3: 2000 - better, but mostly bread and mini-chocolate bars. Sigh. At this rate I'll be lucky to end the year where I started it at 195
Nov 4-6: ??? ...bad
Nov 7: 1450. PHEW. May this be a step back onto the right track.

Weight: 210 :/ sigh.

Nov 8: 1500
Nov 9: 1600
Nov 10: 1400
Nov 11: 1600
Nov 12: 1200
Nov 13: 1300
Nov 14: 1400

Weight: 204 - huraah. Fingers crossed I keep rolling

Nov 15: 1700
Nov 16: ?? I don't know. A Lot.

Payday has led to some poor food choices, and I was home today so I ended up binging. Had a bunch of candy and chips, which I'd aimed to go the month without. But I'm determined not to let this send me into a spiral. Tomorrow will be good. I have my meals planned. I'm going to the movies, which can be triggery, but I will have some fruit before hand and stick to a small popcorn - which I've pre-ordered on my fancy ticket app. Fingers crossed. I wont get to the gym, but I will get there on Friday.
Old 11-17-2016, 08:46 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 217.6/153.2/140

Height: 5'5

Hi, I want to join you all again! I unfortunately joined in about the last week of October, and then kind of lost this site again..life just gets so busy, you know? I want to check in with you all at minimum once a week though. I seem to be having a one week on - one week off kind of pattern where I can hold it together for 5-7 days and the next 5-7 go to the wind. This is no way to meet goals lol.
Old 11-18-2016, 07:54 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

You can make that on-again off-again work for you, XRiotGirl. I also have a problem staying on plan long term, but as long as I get a downward trend over-all, I consider it a success. I am hoping to be below 200 by the end of the month, in spite of the upcoming holiday.

03. 202
04. 202.5
05. 206 yikes
06. 205
07. 206
08. 205
09. 205
10. DNW
11. 203.5
12. 203
13. 203.5
14. DNW
15. DNW
16. 204
17. DNW
18. 203.5

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 11-18-2016 at 07:54 AM.
Old 11-18-2016, 04:56 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

and happy Friday!

@Martine: Good to see you! Seems like we checked out and back in at around the same time. How was your vacation?

@Wannabehealthy and Bookmark: I do enjoy catching up on the banter between you and reading your posts. They sum up the dieting and exercise "experience" for so many of us!

@LurchMomma and XRiotGirl: back to the thread. LurchMomma, how long will you be at the Kentucky farm?

I hope everyone has had a good week. I'm hiring a new Coordinator for a new center that is under my supervision and I've set up a three layer interview process. This week the recruitment and hiring committee conducted Skype interviews with the four top candidates. From there, three invitations will go out for on campus interviews and an Open Forum for anyone who would like to attend. The Skype interviews went as smoothly as I had hoped. Any time I'm dependent on technology to carry a process I get nervous. I either fail it, or it fails me. Anyhoo, the interviewing on top of my regular job duties have kept me really busy and away from posting as often as I'd like. This will be over soon and then I can move on to hiring my Administrative Assistant. This should be an easier process.

Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend.
Old 11-19-2016, 01:32 PM   #69  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone!

Slight set back in my recovery... the biggest hole in the roof of my mouth, the one where the stitches were driving me bonkers, had a fairly chunk of bone or tooth or something stuck in it. Which, apparently was there when I got my stitches out and the doctor told me it was just scar tissue. Well, when that tooth/bone shard came out, it was roughly half the size of my pinky nail, and left a huge gaping hole where I was under the impression it was healing and covered by scar tissue. It doesn't really hurt, but it feels super weird, and the doctors told me that if it starts to hurt or anything to give them a call. So I'm still waiting for *that* to fill in. Plus I'm still having some jaw muscle issues where I can't hardly open my mouth sometimes until I stretch and massage the side of my face where there's a huge lump of tense muscle or something.

I can still eat soft foods (I had a chicken quesadilla!) but it's slow going and I don't usually have time until late in the day, so I'm basically doing unintentional intermittent fasting. I still have to avoid anything that's crumbly or grainy.... ground meat, nuts, seeds, etc. that can get stuck in the big open hole by my upper left molars. I miss fresh fruit and veggies and I'm hoping I can eat the crock pot chicken dinner thing that I'm making. It's a cross between chicken n dumplings and chicken pot pie... all the guts of chicken pot pie, but with dumplings. And in the crock pot. And it's yummy.

I will be spending a lot of time in the kitchen today preparing dessert treats for the dessert auction for Relay for Life at church tomorrow. I'm making Reese's PB cup Fudge, salted graham cracker pralines, and milkyway poked cake (with a home made nougat filling!). I will be sad not to be able to eat any of it.

Also, TOM is here and I bumped up 2 pounds. Which probably lots of water, because of TOM and eating food again. Not stressing it.

Finally, I joined a StepBet challenge that runs from December 5 through Jan 16, so I can try to keep on top of the inevitable holiday weight gain.

That's what's up with me! I hope you all are doing well.
Old 11-19-2016, 02:16 PM   #70  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Hello everyone, I am back from the lodge and I have put on 4.5lbs grrrrrrr soo frustrating, I need to stop going away places, I always put weight on. I am going for a festive straight though so that I can lose as much as possible and look great at family get togethers. so who is going strict with me? lol

I really need to start moving more, in hope that the rain stays off for some of the winter.
Old 11-21-2016, 06:49 PM   #71  
Fishing for a plan!

Hello Everyone....back from the farm.....not weighing daily didn't help the situation any. Sigh.

08. 179.0
09. 176.7
10. 176.8
11. 180.4
12. oops forgot
13. 176.6
14. -
15. -
16. -
17. -
18. -
19. -
20. -
21. 178.4

Ok! No more travels for a while now. Not until middle of April, I think. Between my recent trip to CO and then turning around and going right to KY, I feel like it's been a whirlwind with no time to plan exercise or meals. Time to dig the yax trax out of the back of my Jeep and round up the heavy cold weather gear and PREPARE for winter outdoor activity. Also, bubbly soups with limited amounts of crusty whole wheat bread paired with a nice salad make for healthy winter eating! Scotsgal, Fera, Bookmark, Curvy, Carol Sue, Pinkstarberry and xRiotGirl, we can ALL do this. We all have different challenges and different journeys, but we share the hope for a common destination! Better overall health. The cosmetic issues are secondary. Although I must admit, I'm tired of being "lumpynotcurvy"!

As Carol Sue knows, I lost my step-son in an automobile accident in February. I have had a very hard time with anxiety since. Many evenings I have an overwhelming fear of getting another one of those phone calls. I have three children and five grandchildren and my husband has two children, now, and three grandchildren. I think there is some PTSD that has to be worked through. It is hard to remember that it is important to eat well and to exercise to remain healthy. It seems rather frivolous and unimportant at times. I think I feed the anxiety with junk food and junk pursuits instead of starving the anxiety and feeding my soul.

Anyway.........

Let's all be thankful for each day and remember to show love to everyone we encounter.....

Last edited by LurchMomma; 11-21-2016 at 06:56 PM.
Old 11-22-2016, 07:20 AM   #72  
Determind Member

LurchMomma I think we are on the same track about our travels. All year I have been on track and then not, and then back on track. I go away to London for my birthday at the end of January, until then I am home and able to plan! soo fingers crossed! I am sorry about your s.s, tragedy like that can really put things into perspective on what is and isn't the most important thing in life. I can completely see why your own health and fitness would be put on the back burner, but imagine all those people you mentioned lost you? can you imagine the heartache? Maybe now is the time to make sure that your health is at its best so that they wont be worrying (the same way you are about them) that they will also lose another family member? You have 40lbs to go, maybe use this opportunity to motivate you to be the best you that you can be? Again I am sorry for your loss, no one should ever have to know the feeling of losing a child
On a lighter note...... Its Soup Season!!! I love Soup!

Me Well I have came down a little again to 285.7, I am currently 1.2lbs up from my lowest instead of 5.5 which is very good. I am on a new programme with a friend of mine who wants me to hit my target of 50lbs this christmas, but I am really struggling with money, which means I really need to get out walking and doing at home exercises, problem is.... I have no motivation...... ever! Is it still possible to lose 12lbs in 4 and a half weeks?
Old 11-22-2016, 07:44 PM   #73  
Fishing for a plan!

Hello!

08. 179.0
09. 176.7
10. 176.8
11. 180.4
12. oops forgot
13. 176.6
14. -
15. -
16. -
17. -
18. -
19. -
20. -
21. 178.4
22. 177.2

Scotsgal: Thank you for the kind, insightful words. Congratulations on the downward trend! Yay You!!

I really wanted a second plate of dinner last night, but resisted the urge. Yay me!!

I hope everyone is well and warm. I'm going to do the dishes and go out for an evening walk.
Old 11-23-2016, 09:32 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/170

Height: 6,1

Sigh. Sorry .I've been away. Sulking :P I did NOT get right back on plan after my bingey-payday, and actually spilled badness over into the weekend. I wasn't calorie counting, but I was definitely way over, and I gained three pounds! (well, four, but down one again). So doofusy. I'm just not feeling like doing it, you know? Gym? Bleh. Healthy food? Bleh. Couch? Yay! Chocolate? Yes please!

I'm getting it back together yet again, though. Been good since Monday and got to the gym twice. Still (maybe vainly) hoping to get under 200 by month end. I've been in this small window of weight all damn year. I started out at 195, and have been up and down about five times. I would really like to break that yoyo-habit and bust through the 190s before year end, and go into 2017 strong, with the last bit of weight and maintenance in my sights.

In other news, my cat is also yoyo dieting. He lost a pound on his diet food in a couple weeks, but then got up to the full serving size and gained it back. So, he's had to adjust his diet, too. It's nice to have the solidarity. Although I sometimes wish I just had a human who dolled out my food for me. :P

November Goal Weight: 195
Daily Calorie Goal: Under 1600 (but with a forgiveness buffer up to 1800 every once in a while:P)

Calories:

Nov 1: A million
Nov 2: A million and one
Nov 3: 2000 - better, but mostly bread and mini-chocolate bars. Sigh. At this rate I'll be lucky to end the year where I started it at 195
Nov 4-6: ??? ...bad
Nov 7: 1450. PHEW. May this be a step back onto the right track.

Weight: 210 :/ sigh.

Nov 8: 1500
Nov 9: 1600
Nov 10: 1400
Nov 11: 1600
Nov 12: 1200
Nov 13: 1300
Nov 14: 1400

Weight: 204 - huraah. Fingers crossed I keep rolling

Nov 15: 1700
Nov 16: ?? I don't know. A Lot
Nov 17:
Nov 18:
Nov 19:
Nov 20:
Nov 21: 1200
Nov 22: 1700
Nov 23: 1250
Old 11-24-2016, 06:05 AM   #75  
Determind Member

HAPPY THANKSGIVING MY AMERICAN FRIENDS

My weight went up a little this morning which is really annoying, I was very good yesterday and went on 2 walks, just need to keep it up and hope that it results in a drop over the weekend. Also going to drop my sandwich thins at lunch today and just have a protein high meal. The closer to Christmas I get the more I start to get upset about not losing weight passed that first big goal. I have been fighting these last 5 or 6lbs for about 8 weeks now. I have been trying to put my barrier at the back of my head and pretend that It will be easy to pass it, but for some reason as soon as I get close, I start to gain muscle

Oh Well..... baby steps!
Closed Thread