Old 09-16-2017, 09:25 AM   #271  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Morning all! I flubbed up and didn't hop on scale at wake up. I was more trying to remember to take my daily medicine yesterday as I was on the run and think I forgot my synthroid. Some days that happens. You get thinking of one thing and totally forget the normal things.

Got our tickets to fly. Found a good deal close by and snatched those up. We'll be traveling w family which can usually end up somewhat stressful as it's all sorts of personalities and in the end there is usually a bit of a clash or just that you really need some distance to avoid. The good news is I learned this the last time we traveled as a gaggle so we are planning that personal time/space in there this time. I travel differently then the family and I acknowledge such and know my limits.

Diet wise it's been a bit of an up/down week. Yesterday I was putting away 15 gal bags of apples so I snacked on those beautiful slices on and off as I worked on them. It took a while to get them done but my freezer is full of apples again. Otherwise I have a moment of sweet needs and then other times I'm ok stretching out the day avoiding sweets. I'm finding that the added nuts or cheese help w the sweet need.

So here's to a good day and perhaps good scales for all. I'll hop on tomorrow and hope it's good.

Today's goals:
1. My water
2. Some form of movement
3. Eating in my calories and nothing more

Thus far my little lists help me in my thought and reaffirm what I hope to accomplish as best I can. Happy day all!
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 12:04 PM   #272  

S/C/G: 229/229/145

Height: 5'4"

You are right. Stalling is inevitable. ( in my Spock voice) lol

Lemonthyme I hope you have a great trip. Glad you got a good deal on the tickets. Also... Send me some apples. LOL I stand at the register but I stay active loading carts to help and walking the aisle to get eh go back items.

Job is doing great on my way now. Just wanted to stop in and post I am still at 225. We did the eat the leftovers to get rid of the temptation. lol We went to the zoo on our membership and walked the whole time no shuttle.

Ok going t be late you all have a great day I will check on you later on my break to see posts.
Davisag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 03:04 PM   #273  

Davis: good news is this states apple crop seems to be doing lots better than last year! I got all mine done and in the freezer even after slicing two places on my hand by that darn corer peeler. But I'm happy I got them away. I can go to my ILS and pick more which I might do to make dried apple slices. I haven't decided quite yet.

AM: I almost hit a group of 10 wild turkeys today. I was coming out of the woods along the road and came into a curve and here in front of me were all these crazy ugly turkeys. Last night coming home my husband hit 2 raccoons traveling together one was ok the other went thump and I was passenger. Let me tell you all these animals are moving quite a bit especially around cars of late. I guess it's fall as everything flocks together.

Otherwise today is going as well as can be. I'd sure like a lot of chocolate right now but I'm trying to avoid. I don't know if I will be successful. Funny how there are certain things that can continue to trip you up in this type of journey. So I guess fight I will.

This may or may not be a long weekend in the food department. Will hope for the best here.
Old 09-18-2017, 07:35 AM   #274  

Well TOM I think is finding me a bit early again. I struggle with these changes in life. So will try to eat the best I can and hope that the need for sweet and chocolate will not hit me as much as I feel it will or has in the past. I know it can move off thereafter as well and I need to keep that in the forefront of my thoughts.

I have my coffee and it's a bit of a warmup. It's gotten cooler at night so in the dark morning yet it's a bit chilly when I come downstairs as we left the windows open last night. With the cool we found that the pumpkin patch we go yearly is open. All pumpkins no matter size are $1 because they believe every child should have a pumpkin without paying huge amounts. Most every one we've ever gotten there are big: 12-15" tall and fairly round and our kids enjoy going through the fields to find the perfect one. I like fall for the colors and the activities that abound and I find them to be lovely memory makers. From the pumpkins, to combining w/ my siblings ils to Halloween, there is always something a little bit different to fill everyone's memory bank. So I'm looking forward to it.

The weight - well I have to keep it in check. I know I can loose but I know if TOM is here I coast and my spirit gets a bit low and then once gone I get back to work with scale movement. So that said, my minigoals for today:

1. Eat in calories as best I can
2. Push protein all day especially if sweets call me
3. Get those planks in

Happy day all! I hope you all are doing ok as it's been kind of quiet here. And if your new: hop on in and say hello. I think it helps to have constant banter going about the journey to loose. I know I find something in each post that makes me think or give me new focus or something to begin new on. It's not the easiest journey but putting myself first is getting to be a good thing.
Old 09-18-2017, 10:22 AM   #275  
Badass Brokeleg Bunny

S/C/G: 239.2/199.8/170

Fall trips to the zoo and the pumpkin patch are wonderful! Glad you are out enjoying the crisp weather Davis and Lemonthyme!

An unexpected whoosh this morning. My husband is grilling like crazy while the weather holds and while he cooks a small piece of fish for me, I still feel stuffed. Yet somehow I'm at 220.8 today! My goal for September is under 220 and I'm on target despite the slow week last week!
tefrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 03:07 PM   #276  

Tefrey: good for you. Keep on zooming down that scale and enjoy the grilling!

Ubee: where did you go?

Davis: how did your weekend go? Were you working or trekking the zoo?

Laura: how's your scale today?

Hello all.

The day is progressing. I'm finding my need to eat is getting a bit smaller and I am fuller quicker which is good. I keep trying to increase my fruit in my day at least I'm finding an apple in the afternoon or evening seems to do that trick of feeling fuller.

I need to start making my grocery list. Payday week and I know the good things are low and the rest needs to be revisited as an on a need to have basis. Falls upon us and it's the time of year I like to bake but I'm trying to keep that in check too so I'm not eating what I'm baking and I'm trying to stretch out the time before I bake again if and when I do.

We are on the cusp of rain right now. I'm not ready for rainy season yet and far from ready for snow. Heck no! The leaves are turning more, the early morn temp is low. . . It'd be nice if we could burn more calories w/the coolness but I find the need for comfort food more often such as soups and breads or even a good hot dish.

I'm hoping in a weeks time my scale progresses downward. I'm on TOM hiatus less I sit and sulk over the numbers I see. I'll keep to my calorie counting and hope for the best at the end.

Happy afternoon all. Keep marching this weight off!
Old 09-19-2017, 01:26 AM   #277  

No zoo this weekend but I gave lost back to 223. So that's good. I had today off but was not feeling well. No TOM for 3 months so my body rebels. I hate it. 1 day off and couldn't do anything I had wanted to but a load of dishes a load of laundry and lay on bed with baby Penelope (chiuauhua) weak and nauseated.

Hubby worked on the greenhouse floor. Wish I could had helped. He's wonderful to me.

I work tomorrow and have cut pineapple for breakfast and I think oatmeal for lunch. Dinner I think will be cabbage Spagetti. We steam cabbage strips to use as Spagetti and make the sauce. Cuts down on carbs. We found it tasty and healthy.

Love how everyone on this thread is trying hard to step it up. Really shows how our support for eachother helps to stay on focus.

Blessings for now.
Old 09-19-2017, 08:49 AM   #278  
NOOM user

S/C/G: 300/230.6/170

Height: 5'4

Happy Tuesday! I continue to be in the high 230s (239.1 to be exact) but delighted to see my body fat has lowered more than it has in the past 8 months; so that's encouraging. Back to running yesterday and still recorded a loss. Hope everyone has great week!!
LauraRVA42011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 09:21 AM   #279  

Ok I braved the scale 235.6 yeah TOM (total sarcasm) and I won't be on until she ships off.

Now I won't hop on for a few and try my best to avoid the sugars I always seem to find or need or like during this time.

I just did some late dogwood cuttings to see if I could get them to root before frost and get into the ground. My poorman greenhouse is seeming to do well as I've got hydrangea and geraniums also in there. And they are all looking good and green and forming new roots. However w/the geraniums I will be taking them out at frost and allow to winter in the basement at rest and then pot up later in mid winter and grow light them.

What any of that has to do w diet I don't know other than it makes me happy to see they are growing. I'm hopeful for all sorts of growth in my yard next year. Maybe too it will keep me moving and busy and allow for some extra calories to fall off in their caring and planting. That's a plus and side benefit!

I'm going to quickly attempt to try on those shorts I got at the goodwill. They are a 16. I know -a goal. But I'll see where they come up on me. It'd be great if I could shove my fanny in them. I'm not holding my breath because I don't think they will come up over my belly - but hey we got to try right? My size 20s I can pinch out about 4" around the waist right now but I'll wear those until it gets cold and keep tugging them up or wear a belt. Maybe I won't have to keep them past this summer and can donate to goodwill for another women's journey of loss. I've got another pair in storage I never wore so maybe just maybe I will fit for our winter trip I think they are an 18 I picked up new last year but they tend to size smaller then what I've found for 18s. WOULDNT STANDARD MEASUREMENTS for every manufacturer be great and no extra charges for tall sizes?

My goals today:
1. Water
2. Avoid sugars/chocolate and bread products as best I can
3. More water
4. Clean my house

Ok I am off to get the body moving albeit slowly and just work my way through this cycle as best I can. And hope by 10/1 to be at 230. I can do this!

Last edited by lemonthyme; 09-19-2017 at 09:23 AM.
Old 09-19-2017, 05:16 PM   #280  
Badass Brokeleg Bunny

Davis, cabbage spaghetti sounds great! I will have to make it one of these nights as I miss pasta.

Laura, I'm impressed you run! One of the prime motivations for my weight loss is the fact that my husband runs, a lot and very fast, and I want to get to the point where I can run too (maybe not so far and not so fast). I think I'm still too heavy, but you have inspired me to try again sooner rather than later.

Lemonthyme, don't worry about the gardening stuff not being about weight loss, I enjoy reading about it!
Old 09-19-2017, 07:51 PM   #281  

I did not succeed today. I ate sugar laden items. Ugh! I'm out of protein unless I cook up meat. My family ate my protein go to's when I thought I had enough to propel me to payday. Alas the fight continues. So I plan to go to bed tonight and awake and arm myself with a few tomatoes (DH is grabbing some from his moms garden) and my water and an egg or two. Of course after my coffee. I need to just kick this sugar craziness out the window and I know I'm not the only one that has this deal during this time.

So my new achieves to be list is simple: drink water, move some and eat in calories until TOM takes a hike.

Oh Lordy, well I all hope you are doing better than I.
Old 09-19-2017, 09:31 PM   #282  
Badass Brokeleg Bunny

I actually made it to the rec center today! This has been on my todo list forever ... restart my membership and start working out again. I did 30 minutes on the recumbent bicycle and was wobbly afterwards. This was a huge step forward for me!

Old 09-20-2017, 05:49 AM   #283  

Tefrey: I use the recumbent bike and nustep when I go. Both can go pretty quickly for me. My only issue w the nustep is I need to stop using the arm portion otherwise I irritate my back a bit more than I should and my hands go numb. Enjoy the movement.

Laura: yeah for you! Keep it moving off. My goal for September is to get through the 230s I don't know if I'll be able to but I'll try my darndest.

Davis: I guess I've never done cabbage with spaghetti. I've had it as a "grape leaf" stuffed with hamburger and rice wrapped in cabbage and topped w a red sauce which is good so I'd guess yours is too and fairly similar. My ils tend to like cabbage due to their heritage so I have it a bit more often.

Hello all!

AM: I boiled eggs before bed last night so that is good and done. My coffee is about done perking yes I've a keurig however first thing in the am it's the big pot. Besides I'm out of kcups and I hate having to refill the water tank some mornings as I need to get my filtered water for it. Today that just sounds like too much work 😁

No scale for me today. I know yesterday was a battle for chocolate and me. Today will find me being uber conservative on my food choices as best I can. I just need to. I want to get out of the 230s. It's been a long time and it's time to say good bye. I'd like to just slay it and be done.

I hope the day flies and the food remains in check. Not only for me but for you all! May today go a bit easier for each of you.
Old 09-20-2017, 08:21 AM   #284  
NOOM user

S/C/G: 300/230.6/170

Height: 5'4

Still chipping away and almost erased the gain from my break. I have a week and a half until I go on vacation. I'm working on a strategy to not gain and hopefully lose while away. Last year when we went to the beach I was 65lbs heavier and had problem climbing stairs due to an injured knee. This time, I plan on running and taking long walks to the pier a mile up the beach. I'm so excited for all the activities I plan to do. Plus my kayaking tour on my brother's birthday will finish of my planned active week.

Onward and downward!!
LauraRVA42011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 10:03 PM   #285  

Laura so glad to see your doing well. Congrats on the upcoming events.

Lemonthyme Cabbage leaf sounds great. I think I had that when I was little.

Gemini I am so happy to hear you are hanging in there. Almost there.

Tefrey Congrats on the big step on the bike!! Push yourself little by little.

On me. I have the flu and and am in bed. I worked one day of it but the next down I went. Good thing is I lost 5 pounds in 1 day.. Bad it is probable it is water weight and will all come back.

Ok back to bed.