Old 08-22-2017, 11:00 AM   #181  
Debbie

Height: 5'3"

Hello all!

I had a great time at the cape. We went to the beach during the day on Sunday then out to dinner. I had the most delicious sirloin steak with garlic herb butter & spinach on the side. The hotel we stayed at had a nice outdoor courtyard and we spent some time in the pool and hot tub that night. The weather was beautiful both days. Yesterday morning we went to heritage museum and gardens in Sandwich which was a place I would definitely visit again. We left there and went to a nearby beach to watch the solar eclipse.

Today the scale reads 226.4.

Have a great day!
boopchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 12:36 AM   #182  

S/C/G: 229/229/145

Height: 5'4"

Gemini6 looks like you are going to get yourself ready. Sometimes it takes planning. Look forward to your journey.

Boopchick it sounds like you had a great time.

Ubee over 3 pds in a week that is great.I'm doing ok. Still maintaining but started making some healthy meals. we cleaned the house out of all the carpet and bombed it. Now I have to Wipe EVERYTHING down. The kitchen is almost one, the office is ready to be put back together. Master bedroom is almost ready to be completely back together. Painting first in those rooms to give a fresh look. So hence I am getting exercise.

Jellybelly1908 your doing great, I love seeing where yours goals are going.

It is great to see you all share your experiences. I have been having a turmeric milk drink at night before bed/ I think it has been helping me fight the fat. we will see in the morning.

Blessings to all,
Davisa
Davisag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 06:20 AM   #183  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

boopchick your vacation sounds so wonderful. I will look up the museum and gardens and take a armchair vacation this morning.

Davisag
your house will feel like a breath of fresh air when you are done. Is your milk drink warm? Do you add anything else?

I am doing well. My body has decided it really likes to weigh 236.6 this week. That is OK with me for now. I am sure it will get old soon enough.
Stay focused everyone and take time to smell the flowers.
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 09:27 AM   #184  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Hello! I've been in the 240s and hit 239 last week, went on a road trip bumped to 242 and now back to 239.4 today. So my plan is to straddle both groups for a while to continue to cheer on those and keep focused to get out of the 230s. I was here a whole stinking year ago and come winter abandoned weightloss. So I'm back if you'll have me.

Quick on me: I'm a SAHM with kids under 12. I tend to be a bit wordy (need adult conversations some days) and I live in a small town that's hard to break into friend wise so I find the extra cheering on and encouragement I get here is a big help. I appreciate that! My future struggle: getting into fall and winter and KEEP working to lose weight. And my NSV I currently am aiming for is the wedding ring to fit again. I'm too bullheaded to have it sized bigger as that is a defeat in my book with my weight if I did upsize. I know in the past as I get closer to 230 it begins to fit again. So at 239.4 today, I have some work to do to achieve this. I've done it before, I can do it again, but I aim to keep going this time.

So hello all - I hope your scales are kind to you today!

Last edited by lemonthyme; 08-23-2017 at 09:28 AM.
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 01:04 AM   #185  

Ubee
the recipe is
2 cups milk. I use 2% some use coconut
1 TBS coconut oil
1 tsp -1 TBS Turmeric paste (see under recipe)
1 tsp ginger powder or chopped ginger
6 peppercorn
1 TBS cinnamon
sweetener... Splenda, honey, stevia ect.

heat milk with coconut oil, add turmeric paste ginger peppercorn and cinnamon. Once almost simmering add sweetener. While it heats stir to mix and then strain and pour.

It makes 2 cups drink 1 and save for next night.

Turmeric Paste
1/4 cup ground tumeric
1/2 water
heat together in pot and then store in fridge in air tight container.

LemonThyme It is great to see you again. Sorry I have been gone but we need each other. Get up with me anytime.
Old 08-24-2017, 05:43 AM   #186  
Debbie

Welcome lemonthyme!

I am up extra early today thanks to my furry butt Ziggy meowing in my ear.
I have my niece(8), nephew(10) & grandson(6) again today. We went to the lake yesterday and our plan today is to pack lunch and go to a spray park.

Ubee I just saw your post on the whoosh! Congrats!

Think I had better make some coffee...the kids will be here a bit after 7 a.m.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!
Old 08-24-2017, 04:20 PM   #187  

Thank you all for the welcomes! My scale was confused today I think it really wanted to be lower at 238.6 but ended up resting right back at 239.4. Well it didn't go any higher so I will lump it at 239.

Went to the grocery today. I had the kids and between finding out they had the worlds longest arms, the I wants, the are we done yet, or strange things in my cart - I am tired. I still have to put it all away and then pick up the house a bit as we have a nephew coming for pizza night. I'll mainly do my huge salad and one piece I told my DH thin crust only and more veg then anything else.

I told the other gals in 240s my movement in the early am I keep missing this week I don't know if I am making up from travel (I swear you can have jet lag w/o time change or a flight involved). So my gym gear is still laying out and I hope tomorrow am I can jump into it and go!
Granted I can only go for 16 mins and I have to do my 2 core exercises I've been permitted to add. I look horribly out of shape when I am doing those so I plan to do those w/in the confines of my own walls.

So thank you again for the welcome! Let's hope these 20 lbs for all of us will fall off quickly. I know, I know last year I was here and stopped. My big goal IS TO KEEP LOOSING. I think I'm in a better place thought wise going into fall this year.

Off to go get these chores done and my big salad made. Can I just say my store had NO green peppers! What the heck?!
Old 08-24-2017, 06:14 PM   #188  

Ok no green peppers is a sin for a grocery store. Have you tried the red pepper salad dressing? its yummy.

Glad to see you back here. You can do it. Just do as the Doctors say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonthyme View Post
Thank you all for the welcomes! My scale was confused today I think it really wanted to be lower at 238.6 but ended up resting right back at 239.4. Well it didn't go any higher so I will lump it at 239.

Went to the grocery today. I had the kids and between finding out they had the worlds longest arms, the I wants, the are we done yet, or strange things in my cart - I am tired. I still have to put it all away and then pick up the house a bit as we have a nephew coming for pizza night. I'll mainly do my huge salad and one piece I told my DH thin crust only and more veg then anything else.

I told the other gals in 240s my movement in the early am I keep missing this week I don't know if I am making up from travel (I swear you can have jet lag w/o time change or a flight involved). So my gym gear is still laying out and I hope tomorrow am I can jump into it and go!
Granted I can only go for 16 mins and I have to do my 2 core exercises I've been permitted to add. I look horribly out of shape when I am doing those so I plan to do those w/in the confines of my own walls.

So thank you again for the welcome! Let's hope these 20 lbs for all of us will fall off quickly. I know, I know last year I was here and stopped. My big goal IS TO KEEP LOOSING. I think I'm in a better place thought wise going into fall this year.

Off to go get these chores done and my big salad made. Can I just say my store had NO green peppers! What the heck?!
Old 08-24-2017, 07:02 PM   #189  

Going to keep it short as I am one tired chick. Worked beside a 22 year old today and actually kept up with her. Go me!

Davisag thanks for the recipe. What are the claims that it all does? I see a lot of familiar go to for good health foods.

lemonthyme
20 pounds until the next thread sounds a little overwhelming today. I hope to be out of here by Thanksgiving.

Gemini6 I so get the jinx part of not moving down. 218.8 must be so great to see on the scale.

boopchick my cat loves to howl through out the night. He is old and annoying and I love that scruffy cat.

Yesterday and today have been off plan. I better watch myself or I am going to eat my way out of this thread.
May tomorrow be a good day for us all!
Old 08-25-2017, 01:05 AM   #190  
Ice Cream Slave

S/C/G: Waist size: 20/20/8

boopchick: Your dinner sounds amazing!
Davisag: Thank you for your support!

My weigh-in date is this weekend. I'm hoping be down to 222 or 223. I really want to be 219 by Sept. 1st!
JellyBelly1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 07:36 AM   #191  

Jelly: you can do it! Hang onto your goals this weekend!

Ubee: is there a demand for sugar in the air in this state? You and I seem to be having the same issue this week. I hope I finally can clue into what will help it. Maybe I should add chia back into my lunch. In the past that has helped some. I'm not 100% about it and maybe it's been a fad in years past, but when I have used it I seem to be a bit fuller when in the past I want to gnosh.

Gemini: go you! How long has this taken to get in the teens? I hope you say getting through these two decades isn't bad. It just seems daunting some moments. Keep up the good work.

Davis: hey how did your greenhouse you were working on last year do? Let me tell you no peppers was shocking. It's like they were all bought up for some reason. Maybe I'm late this year to the salsa making.

AM: hello all! Why is this thread 20 lbs when the rest are in 10 lb breaks? It makes it daunting and it seems to be the only one marked that way. That's fine we'll all just get to cheer each other in much longer.
😊

So my scale is testing my patience. The first step on it said 234.4 now I'd been more than happy to take that and run. But because one of my kids had left the package of tp sitting on it overnight I let it reset itself for a moment and then hopped on twice. Ugh 239.4. Well, it could be worse! It could be going back into the 240s. I don't know if it's temperamental because my kids tend to jump up and down on it every so often over time.

So it's Friday that means I really need to meal plan each day AND STICK TO IT. Weekends can be hard as my DH is one of those that food=love. He means well but it can be hard to keep saying I'm dieting. Now I'd love if he'd loose w me as he needs to loose about 100+ to. The problem is he's aware of the need but won't do anything about it right now other than tell me he's trying - as he puts cookies he's scammed at his grandmas in his mouth when he visits or raids his parents fridge on a weekend pop in and eat all the extra bacon they put away after breakfast or whatever cheese they have. I want to help him, but I know he's got to decide he's tired of lugging the weight around. I keep making meals that would be diet friendly (less last nights pizza) but he has the crappiest palate (his dad always apologizes because when DH was little they only gave him what he liked) so a lot that I make sits on the plate and after a meal is done loads up on bread products instead. If he's at his parents then it's grabbing of the processed meats/cheese or sugar and chips. I wish there were an easy way to encourage him to try too. I know dieting isn't easy that's why years later I'm still here, but I keep trying and one day it will make sense in my head that I will enjoy a lighter body to live in and move more easily.

If any of you have a spouse do they diet with you or are they fit and encourage you to keep trying and going? I'd just like to see him in better health and shape. Any suggestions would be helpful. I know his granny tends to tell me it's what I'm making him eat, I try to offer good he goes and scrounges the bad whenever he can sorry lady, but he feeds himself. But grannys the best body shamer ever - she told our 9 year old once that when we were riding in her car and it got a flat it was my childs fault because she's fat as the tire was on her side of the car/rear. (She's not fat - she happens be over 5' tall and adult size to match her height proportionately fine, we've known there is chance our kids will be tall like their dad and I'm not short either they all been 95% or higher every appt proportinately). She also constantly does the same w my DH and his sibling. It's not uncommon for her to spout how fat they are as they are eating family dinner. And yet I'm always told "it's just who she is" so she can keep on saying this crap . And I can say for a fact, sometimes when people pontificate about others weight in such a rude manner they really need to check out their own reflection. I'm just sayin, she herself is about 40 lbs over where she should be. And if it were my own mom I'd tell her to shut her mouth and that's rude. But she's my IL and it's up to my DH to tell her to zip it.

I'm sorry it weighs a bit on my mind and I haven't vocalized it other than to my hubs and my mom. It's just been bothering me the last few days.

Ok I'll end this as I sound like Debbie downer. Sorry! Positive and uplifting - may everyone come into Monday a pound or two down. You can do it!

Last edited by lemonthyme; 08-25-2017 at 07:42 AM.
Old 08-25-2017, 08:52 AM   #192  
Debbie

Gemini congrats! I am so happy for you and your lower numbers!

Ubee we need you here with us. You have been doing so well that I know you can do this!
I adopted Ziggy in January of this year from the shelter after losing my 19 year old kitty
Licorice about a year before that. I was so grief stricken with his loss that I couldn't bring myself to adopt another
before that. Ziggy is a very vocal and demanding kitty and I love him very much.

lemonthyme I'm so sorry you had to deal with that. I know from personal experience that family can be the worse sometimes.
The scale fluctuations are frustrating I know but if you keep moving forward on plan, it will move in the right direction.
I need to give myself that same advice at times.

Jelly you can do this!! Stay strong and have a great weekend!!

davisag and anyone else hanging around....have a wonderful weekend.

I'm going camping for a couple of days so will check back in on Monday.
The scale reads 225.4 this morning. A new low. I hate that I cannot weigh for 2 days but maybe it will be a pleasant surprise on Monday.
Old 08-25-2017, 09:11 AM   #193  

Boop: yeah for 225! And with camping there can always be hiking canoeing or swimming and you may come home a bit lighter! Enjoy your trip. Are you going someplace new to you?

AM: Well breakfast is done and I did pretty well. I'm going to try to salad and chicken it today for my other meals. Maybe then I'll get the scale to move in the direction I hope.

Ive got a basket of apples to process this am. I plan to make dried rings again but this time w/o the skins. The first batch I did I left the skins on but they get too tough all things considered once they are dry. I have to keep in top of things - this is the squirreling away for winter season. I don't do oodles but I have learned to can as an adult these last few years. I buy my pears (the season isn't too kind for my mils trees) and can them, salsa - that's like a punch of summer in the middle of winter at this house! I've picked blueberries missed strawberries due to hail damage. I hope to gather more apples for the freezer. And I make pesto as well. The things we do to add some flair in the cold months help I think.

I'm also making my list of the to do projects that we have avoided all summer. Once school starts that opens my mornings some so I can begin on my list which is pretty much cleaning out every cupboard, shelf, drawer closet and getting rid of items and straightening. By end of summer I'm crazy by everyone's pulling out and not having any order to any thing. Maybe I'll find some of the things missing. I have hope.

Stay safe any of you down south. Crazy weather abounds!
Old 08-25-2017, 04:48 PM   #194  

Hi all sorry for the really long post. LOL

Ubee and everyone. Here is the most detailed list I want to share att his time. LOL I give it to my hubby for inflammation. He was in an accident at 20 and almost died. So he is in alot of pain daily. So here ya go... Turmeric is used for arthritis, heartburn (dyspepsia), joint pain, stomach pain, Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis, bypass surgery, hemorrhage, diarrhea, intestinal gas, stomach bloating, loss of appetite, jaundice, liver problems, Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) infection, stomach ulcers, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), gallbladder disorders, high cholesterol, a skin condition called lichen planus, skin inflammation from radiation treatment, and fatigue.

It is also used for headaches, bronchitis, colds, lung infections, fibromyalgia, leprosy, fever, menstrual problems, itchy skin, recovery after surgery, and cancers. Other uses include depression, Alzheimer's disease, swelling in the middle layer of the eye (anterior uveitis), diabetes, water retention, worms, an autoimmune disease called systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), tuberculosis, urinary bladder inflammation, and kidney problems.

Some people apply turmeric to the skin for pain, ringworm, sprains and swellings, bruising, leech bites, eye infections, acne, inflammatory skin conditions and skin sores, soreness inside of the mouth, infected wounds, and gum disease.

Turmeric is also used as an enema for people with inflammatory bowel disease.

In food and manufacturing, the essential oil of turmeric is used in perfumes, and its resin is used as a flavor and color component in foods.

Don't confuse turmeric with Javanese turmeric root (Curcuma zedoaria).

How does it work?
Turmeric contains the chemical curcumin. Curcumin and other chemicals in turmeric might decrease swelling (inflammation). Because of this, turmeric might be beneficial for treating conditions that involve inflammation.

LemonThyme thanks for asking. The greenhouse roof is on and walls. I have been growing my herbs in it all summer to try it and OMG!!! the rosemary is in a 30 gallon container from 1/2 a pint in one summer. can't wait to finish the floor and grow all winter too I am sorry you have to deal with a non supportive person like His GM. You asked about our hubbies.. Mine is thin, 30 in waist, But is very supportive of me. I made sure he knew it was about my health not that I wanted to look skinny.

Thanks Gemini6 for the compliment. So looking forward to getting the goals. Woohoo you made a change.

Boopchick Looking forward to your return after the weekend. Have a great time.

JellyBelly1908 you can really make the 219 by 9/1/17. Go for the goal!!

Here is to a weekend of personal goals
Old 08-26-2017, 12:31 PM   #195  

Wow you miss a little you miss a lot.

Davisag thank you for taking the time to share all that information. I find it interesting that it reduces inflammation. Inflammation can cause so many problems. I'm surprised the pharmaceutical companies let it be sold.

Gemini6 thank you for sharing your journey story with us. It is important to see people who struggle and stay with it to eventually see success. We feel less alone that way.

lemonthyme I too am so busy since the fall like weather has started. Produce and procrastinated projects need to be dealt with. You are showing great restraint with granny. My husband is supportive and also needs to lose. He is "trying" like your hubby.

boopchick kitties are so special. We got one of cats as a hand me down when we were mourning the loss of our favorite kitty. Enjoy your camping trip.

JellyBelly you can do it!

My hormones are slowing down so I hope I can charge forward and keep losing.

Last edited by Ubee; 08-26-2017 at 12:32 PM.