Old 10-18-2016, 07:12 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 106kg/ 99.6kg/ 60kg

Height: 157 cm

Lemon, great advice, thank you and well done to you for cycling that long... I couldn't do that if I tried!

Seemy, I struggle with hunger in the evenings and it's pretty clear I need to stop eating after dinner...my mother recommends I drink some hot tea or even just hot water with lemon to fill the tummy and make it nice and warm. I'm going to try!

My salad for today was spinach and crispy lettuce... various veg and some sunflower seeds... gotta be more careful with those, though...I need to exercise and I don't know why I'm not more motivated but I have to move around a little... hopefully I'll get 30 minutes today. I wish you all a great Tuesday!!
LittleCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 10:17 AM   #17  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Good job moving, Lemon! ..don't let that weigh-in bother you...we're in a marathon, not a sprint...

Well LittleCat, there are those who will tell you that timing of meals should not matter...that it's all about calories in/out, but I'm convinced that I need longer periods of fasting, especially in the evenings...knowing and doing are not coming together in my world, though.

I did well with my tracking yesterday, which put me back in weight loss mode, but the afternoon was a dream....one where my legs were made of lead and I had an urgent need to move quickly through molasses...and the Brain Fog . I walked to an off-site meeting, and all the way there and back, I could feel just how fat and out-of-shape I am. Was depressing. Just a month ago, I was swimming all the time and I remember feeling "strong". I don't know if this exhaustion is from lack of exercise, the RA creeping up again, or the fact that keeping up with my meds better has stripped me of vitamins...prolly everything...plus, I'm a bit sun sensitive now, and I'm pink from the sunny walk. Anyway, I went to bed early, so no night chomping.

Downward movement on the scale this morning . This past week, I've been repeating mantras to myself as I walk down the hallways at work: "I'm happy to be losing" "I'm getting slimmer and stronger right now" (like a hypnotism scene in a 1960s psychedelic movie, ha!)...this week, I'm barking out "Robot Mode" right before doing planks or squats. Goal is to prevent thinking about it or rationalizing against it....oh! the things my brain has to do.....
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 10:57 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

seemy: I know, right? But geez when you get stuck in the decades from double hockey sticks, you'd like it to fall right on off when you add movement I read of your frustration but like that you are following it with a mantra. I tend to tape a word to my monitor to remind me of my goals. I win was one I had for a long time (cancer). Maybe I should post the number i want to hit. If anyone asks, I'll say its a password to something. HAH! Of course it'd just be my kids and DH as I am a SAHM. Maybe thats something that will work for you too?

littlecat: The tea may help, but you may find you want something with said tea. Of course that's me, I always like something with my tea or coffee. Not the best combination I fear for myself. You will find something that works for those longer stretches. I have to watch it if I do go work out at night, I usually come home hungry - those don't go together either. I had 10 almonds last night and more water, that helped some.

AM: I told DH my weight went up rather than down, he of course in all manly wisdom said, did you have a BM? Like who has that right upon waking and before the scale?! Again, that's me so maybe just maybe the weight might fluctuate downward tomorrows hop on.

I am baking again today - 3 coffeecakes, and 4 batches of cookies. When done they will all go to the basement freezer. I have been doing well, I had one chocolate chip! I am slugging away water as a deterrent to wanting to sample, thus far it's helping to keep it at arms reach. I hope to do well with avoiding tasting the wares.

I tried to get up early to go work out, I will go this evening as things hurt when I moved, but once I got up and going things felt pretty good. So judging from that I may be good to go tomorrow morning as well. Maybe it will give me a jump up on things to do well and find goodness in it all.

Enjoy the tree colors - my tree is the brightest red ever! Bought and planted for that reason. Happy Tuesday.
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 08:08 AM   #19  

Up only 0.2 this morning, so it looks like the drop stuck. yay.

Feeling overwhelmed by an urgent need to completely overhaul my life and get things under control. I wish I had never learned about entropy....just bolsters any attitude of fatalism I might already have, ha.
Old 10-19-2016, 10:50 AM   #20  

seemy: don't let words give your journey definition! Yeah for you with the .2 lb holding. Woot! Each small step means a big on to our healthiness, it may take us a bit longer to get there w/more hiccups along the way. Keep up the good work!

littleCat:
How is your Wii helping you out? My NuStep is making my upper arms hurt, I guess I found I had more muscle that wasn't being used while lifting my LO. Hah! Hopefully your body is allowing you to move a bit more each and everyday.

Hello All!

AM:
I am pleased that i have dropped down 2 lbs, no I am still at 241, but that is closer to 239 then 243. I took this am off to rest and repair my arm muscles. My legs no issues, it's the arms that are feeling fatigued from the use of the arms on the machine. I did that for 18 mins last night, up 5 from the time before, I will gradually try to add 5 mins as I go until maybe, just maybe I can do all 45 mins with them. I am noticing just in these few days that the torso is feeling a bit tighter and less spongey. Here's hoping.

Off to go clean the fish tank (YUCK, the things you do for your kids!), and sew some. My fabric for my birthday dress just got here too, I am hopeful it's as beautiful as I saw on the monitor. That's always the issue when buying online, you neither get the feel or the true sense of pattern/color or fabric weight. So I am hopeful it's lovely.

Trying to fight the fight today, maybe I can shed another pound? That'd be nice. My goal ideally was 239. I am not going to hit 230 by my bday, but I will keep striving towards it. My challenge will be that I am traveling and visiting relatives this weekend - and that in itself can always be a problem for me. MUST TRACK CALORIES!
Old 10-20-2016, 08:15 AM   #21  

I got up at 445 and started riding at 510. Woot! I got my 45 mins in this am and I feel good about. I feel thinner maybe I don't look thinner. But I'm down a pound 240.8. I'm on the cusp of that 239. I can do this like the little engine that could I'm working towards it once again. Hard to say I've seen this number repeatedly in the past year but I'm trying my best to strive past it.

I will be measuring myself this morning as I am getting to work on the dress. I can't find my notebook I started a year ago (LO hid it good) but I'll measure it all today including the things that have nothing to do with my pattern. I seem to recall that I lost on inches last time before pounds really did anything. And with that you can always find some encouragement. I suggest you all check them periodically especially when the weight doesn't seem to budge. I also aim to look at it with continued hope that those numbers will continue to shrink and see where I had come down from. Since I married my hips have shot up almost 3/4" for each year as an average. Time to reverse that. The booty can be reduced some.

Happy Thursday to you all. Let's do well!
Old 10-20-2016, 10:04 AM   #22  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Good morning everyone! I am back in town for a couple of days before we head back up to the mountains for the weekend. We were unsuccessful for elk hunting, but maybe deer season will be better for us. We only have a couple of days for the deer hunting, so it will be quick. I'm ok with not getting anything this year. We have done well in the past and we do have some meat left. It was just amazing to get away from everything and have some time for just my husband and myself. For deer hunting, the kids will be with us. (my kids are grown, 20 & 22 years old) So hard to come back and get caught back up on stuff. Fortunately, I'm not back at work until Monday, so I have some time left!

The other thing about hunting is that it gives me lots of time to regroup and rethink about everything. There are no distractions from the TV, computer, phones, etc. I also took my weight loss book that has all of my weigh ins, etc listed in it, so I had lots of time to review, think, review some more, think some more. You know... But, it was good for me.

Looking back, I restarted weight loss in 2014 at my highest weight ever. I lost just under 60 pounds that whole year. For 2015, I had a little bout with up and down, but finished another 10 pounds down for the year. Not stellar at all. For 2016, it isn't looking great. It seems like the 230's (especially 230 to 234) have a tight grip on me, and have for a long time. I've been as low as 214.6 in early October of last year, but then went on a regain.

So, what's my point? Well, the success in 2014 was as a result of total commitment and dedication to the plan. I had told myself that I was going to give it a full year, fully dedicated, so that I could see if it could be done. It worked. Unfortunately, then I relaxed and have not been fully dedicated as I was during that time. While I realize that it gets harder to lose weight as you get closer to goal, I am reminded again of a quote, "I didn't come this far to only come this far". So, I'm using the next few days to regroup on my planning, and my commitment to logging my calories. My workouts have remained good, and I'll continue with those, but I need to get my food plan back in order.

I'll record my official weight on Monday, but as of today, it is 230.6. I know there will be ups and downs, but I need to make this commitment!!!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 11:28 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 229/229/145

Height: 5'4"

I am seeing some happy faces this week at 224 still but not giving up.

Last edited by Davisag; 10-20-2016 at 11:29 PM.
Davisag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 09:07 PM   #24  
Ice Cream Slave

S/C/G: Waist size: 20/20/8

My weigh-in is tomorrow, and I'm scared! Eeek!
JellyBelly1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 06:45 PM   #25  
Ice Cream Slave

S/C/G: Waist size: 20/20/8

I only lost 1 lb this week so I didn't make my goal of 2lbs but at least I didn't gain anything. I really need to try to increase my time at the gym or decrease my daily caloric intake by about 200 calories so I'll meet by New Year's goal.
JellyBelly1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 12:20 AM   #26  

woo hoo! Just think of if it as 1lb of dust that you just swept out the door....Now, close the door QUICKLY before it blows back into the house!!!

I've sustained some downward movement this week, too, but it was "easy weight". I had an unplanned session of binge watching this afternoon (Walking Dead); consequently, I'm feeling crummy. I worked all 7 days this week and have so much to do at home, I really cannot afford to spend my time that way. I wasn't very efficient with cleaning and laundry while the telly was on. But I wasn't snacking, so that's good.
Old 10-24-2016, 09:06 AM   #27  

You both are doing well marching the weight off!

I didn't bother with the scale this morning I didn't want to start my week grumbling. I didn't do super well this weekend as I was traveling and sometimes we don't make the best decisions when doing such. I will go tomorrow am to the gym at the old dark 30 hour and pedal my fanny off. My goal is to hop on the scale Tuesday or Wednesday. Will see how I feel about that piece of equipment that mocks me most days.

Hope you all are doing well and have renewed focus as a new month starts soon and winter is on it's way maybe we can all loose a few pounds and keep moving down.
Old 10-24-2016, 01:50 PM   #28  
Diane

JellyBelly: Hey, a pound is great!!! I know you want to make your goal each week, but a loss is always good!!

SeeMyFeet: I hate it when I do that kind of thing. I usually do it with college football. Just sit there and watch it all day! I just love it, but then at the end of the day.... nothing is done.....

For me, I had a great weigh in today. I usually lose weight after our hunting vacation, and I did this time, too, so finally back in the 220's. Now I have to be really diligent because I also tend to put on a lot during the 2 weeks after hunting. I went to Spin class this morning, and it was good. Tomorrow I'll tackle the weights and Body Pump. That might be a little more challenging. I also would like to run tomorrow after work. We'll see how that goes!!
Old 10-25-2016, 08:17 AM   #29  

Slash: good for you on your 220s. Keep up the good work!

Morning gals!

AM: It's so dark and now a cold 32 this am. I stayed snuggled in my bed having lousy dreams not nightmares just really crappy dreams. My intent was to go cycle my body. I just wish I could make it easier to
do this and fit it into my day easily. One of the issues to waking at 445 is that I then have to go to bed by 8 as in eyes closed and out. I'll figure it out here I need to.

I have one sibling that is uber strict on food intake and exercise. To the point that though she's close to 40 she's her high school weight and shape. Why didn't I get that gumption? I don't need to be high school weight I'd just be happy to be in the 100s. Something to work towards I guess.

Ok my best to you all and may your weight keep coming off!
Old 10-25-2016, 01:31 PM   #30  
Diane

Lemonthyme: I think it is so much harder to do stuff in the fall/winter. It is dark and if it is cold, you just don't want to go out. Maybe tomorrow will be better!! For me, I don't think I could get to where I was in high school. You know, back when I thought I was fat.... I think I was at 135. That might take a miracle. But to be under 200 would be awesome.

For me, I went to body pump, and I know I'll be sore. But, glad to be back. I still would like to go run tonight, but I think I'll just go for a shorter time. I need to get it back in my routine, but I don't know that I'm really up for it!!

I went for an annual checkup today. Everything is good. But I also know that I weigh more than I did last year. Ugh. I told her that I was going to turn that around and be lower for next year. She didn't complain about it, but I know I was feeling the guilt. She actually reminded me that she was still proud of the weight I lost from my highest weight. Wish I could remember that sometimes. It just doesn't shine through when you're not where you want to be. Oh well... gotta keep working on it.