Old 10-04-2017, 06:43 PM   #331  
Debbie

Height: 5'3"

lemonthyme great job on the cycling! I, on the other hand, haven't been to the gym since Sunday and I need to get my butt back there ASAP!!

nancy good luck with your BP. Hopefully it's just a temporary fluctuation.
boopchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 09:02 PM   #332  
Badass Brokeleg Bunny

S/C/G: 239.2/199.8/170

Costume construction sounds like a fun October activity, lemonthyme!

grannynancy, your foot sounds a lot like mine. I like super snuggly socks when it gets cold, haven't tried Uggs yet but maybe I should!
tefrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 07:17 AM   #333  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Rode the cycle no scary people at the gym today -but I could argue first thing in the morning I can be the scariest! Hah! 20 minutes does not sound like a lot. If all was normal I’d ride for 45 minutes but I have to work back that way. When you look at the calories burned on the bike it’s not really encouraging. However I know I moved and I will take it at that.

My 24hr goals:
1. Keep the morning fast going
2. Put out clothes for tomorrow’s trip to gym
3. Go cycle for 20 Friday
4. Eat in my calories

Thank you all for jumping back to check on the progress. I appreciate it. I’m working w daily struggles as it’s always a fight especially this time of year with baked goods especially a good fresh bread with soup, or sweet treats. Or just that I want to eat whatever strikes my fancy. But I’m keeping the focus to be on what I can eat or even sample and out down and move on. Was it ubee and Laura that would have the first taste and move on? If they all can do that then I need to work on it too.

So happy day all maybe by the end of the weekend my scale will be a number I’ve not seen for a year. I can only hope and no traveling this weekend so it’s possible I can do better w it all! And just maybe in two weeks time I will be at 229. There’s a bit of a hope for me. At least that’s my long term look.
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 02:12 PM   #334  

Funny how a grocery trip can reignite your diet ideas. I went too when I was in my fasting window AND DID NOT COME HOME WITH CHOCOLATE! for me, that's a major accomplishment.

Any how, I checked over the reduced produce, sometimes you can find some hidden gems. Today I did well for items to roast - jicama, beets, cauliflower. SCORE big bags for 99¢ each. I have a jelly roll pan full of veg roasting right now for my late lunch. I love when you see and get something that can spur some thought.

Otherwise calorie wise I am doing pretty well today. I need to get my water in, haven't done that yet, but will with my roasted items.

Hope everyone else is doing well.
Old 10-06-2017, 07:00 AM   #335  

Not much difference. Took this morning off from cycling as I aggravated what I’m not suppose to. I’ll need to rest and do a bit of self massage and hope to get back on tomorrow. The one thing I learned w PT is that it’s funny the way the body outputs pain areas that may not have anything to do w the area it manifests in but maybe layers and inches away. Alas a day to heal and rest. Plus it’s to pour today and running out into the downpour and cooler temps I’ll sit inside right now 😊

Hope everyone is doing well. Quiet here - but y’all have been finding success in what you are doing and move on. It amazes me that this goes to all places in the world and you’d think it’d be a lot more active site especially when the news constantly states the obesity epidemic. I find the “talking” helps me w/my journey, I learn something or get encouraged to research and try something new. I appreciate you all sharing your journeys as well.

Hopefully the 230s are getting closer to my rearview mirror. I’m hopeful today. I plan to use my fresh veggies and roasted ones. I don’t think I’ll roast the jicama again. It was just meh. It’s kind of like a potato but not as starchy and a bit sweeter, but roasting I found didn’t enhance anything. I’ll keep that one raw.

Ok putting the coffee and phone down and get the day moving. The one costume is almost done and I have the other to do. My house is a mess (what’s new?) and I’ve laundry to immerse myself in too. So maybe with all the movement today will do well for me.

Happy end of week and enjoy your weekends!
Old 10-06-2017, 06:13 PM   #336  
Badass Brokeleg Bunny

S/C/G: 239.2/199.8/170

Roasted cauliflower is the best, Gemini6! Now that I am dieting we do it with chicken broth and just a little EVOO and it's still so good and flavorful!
tefrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 07:39 PM   #337  

Just had a large salad and a 1/2 cup of from scratch mac and cheese. I had salad for lunch, and have to enter my meals in calorie counter, but I should be good on my calories for today. I know - pasta isn't a big friend scale wise - but it's cold and rainy here and comfort foods do wonders for my family. Hence my small serving. A taste, a warm belly and get on with it.

Anyone doing anything fun this weekend? I have a ton of home projects and the last costume to finish up. Then, since it's to be raining all weekend - I will be holed up in the house doing home projects such as cleaning the basement or the office area. Yeah - totally exciting NOT.

Wishing you all well - hope no one is bothered by Nate.

Enjoy your weekends!
Old 10-07-2017, 05:35 AM   #338  

Yeah! My mini weekend goal is to propel myself closer to 230. I hope it’s achieveable and DH doesn’t feel slighted if I eat my salads or other items. If he wants to eat heavier that’s fine I have to own my own.

It’s been raining most of the night which then means it probaby brought all the leaves down with it too. Sadness - there is enjoyment in leaves changing their colors and up where I am here are a lot of varieties! Maybe things hung on though. I am more than not ready to say hello to winter no thanks!

So the last few days I guess I’ve been doing something right and the scales decree this morning was a nice one. Now if I can keep this up and on Monday have a nicer number : woot!

Happy weekend all and slay back those temptations for extra gnoshings. I know I have been tripped up by them but good.
Old 10-08-2017, 06:29 PM   #339  

S/C/G: 229/229/145

Height: 5'4"

Lemonthyme so excited to see your scale decreasing.mine has gone up still under 220. Jyst barely.

You go girl own it!!
Davisag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 06:44 PM   #340  

Hopefully all the cleaning helped. Who knows. Tomorrow will be another day and another scale reading. Hey I made it into a weekend with loss of some sort. Tonight one of my kids has a meeting and it’s pot luck so I’m hopeful to eat light there and finish with a salad tonight. I didn’t fast this weekend. Too much to run with my family to watch the time and when I can fit things in.

Wish you all well. Monday will get to us quickly! Here’s hoping that this week finally finds my 220s! I so hope so. Not seeing huge differences in anything my normal clothes still fit, my wedding ring depends on the day. Usually it takes for me to be under 235 for it to begin feeling a bit looser. Today was not that day.

More tomorrow. Here’s hoping for those good scales!
Old 10-09-2017, 09:13 AM   #341  

Well Monday and I went up a bit 1.5 but I figured it would with the meeting and lunch w the ILS. So today I’ll be back on track as best I can. I have a stomach ache and I’m tired. What a way to start a Monday.

Hope all are doing well and finding success with their journies. I know mine slides a bit but I’m learning to flex with it better. Well - depending on where I am thought wise I guess 🙃

Happy day all!
Old 10-10-2017, 06:17 AM   #342  

Scale is solid and stuck (still need new batteries!) and I ate mostly veg for lunch and dinner. Guess it doesn’t much matter this morning. I also had lots of water last night but thought by this morn it would have worked it’s way on. HOWEVER. . .

That’s not the case.

I went and rode the cycle this morning it’s a cool and crisp start to the day - we were to have frost overnight but it’s only 48 according to my car. So not close to frost but it finally feels like October this morning. I had the gym to myself and feel like I’m not super great or why I bother w/my 16 mins as I pulled my cycle time back due to aggravating my body. Like my weight, it seems stuck on keeping hurt going.

Quiet here - I can’t be the only one stuck in the 30s hades can I? Maybe I’ll finally break out of it this week that was my hope last week but then I have the 20s to get through. The fasting is going ok in the morning so I’ll just stick with it as long as I can as I do like that my belly seems flatter so maybe that just helps with the daily puffy bloat. Who knows.

Happy day to whomever is reading! Jump in if your new😊
Old 10-11-2017, 07:21 AM   #343  

Not super great but still fairly downward. I added a walk in yesterday after kids got on the bus. Nothing great but a bit different as I swept through the neighborhood quickly as it was crisp out and I wasn’t sure how the parts of me that get irritated quickly would do but I did ok.

Fasting still gong ok. Every so often in that last hour before I can eat the last few days I’ve been a bit hungry. However I’ve done ok with keeping it close to 15.5 hours of a fast.

Lonely place here - I do hope it picks up. I’m good if you need cheering on. Not only does it help you it helps me to remain focused and moving in my journey.

So my mini goals today:
1. Get that little walk in
2. Get my water in and see if I can top 99oz
3. Keep to fasting and my calorie limit

Here goes for a good day and hello all!
Old 10-11-2017, 01:33 PM   #344  

S/C/G: 229/229/145

Height: 5'4"

Lemonthyme I have been reading but been busy with work and the house. I am so happy to see you dedicating yourself in the fasting to get those results. I heard to much fasting could be bad though. your body starts just holding onto the food you do eat wondering when it will get more. What have you heard? Because I do fast sometimes for a few days. but then Go back to eating sensibly.

In 1 week you have lost 4 pounds!!!!! Go Girl!!

I am at 218. still staying under 220. But been bad eating carbs. Today is major house work and I hope it helps work some of these muscles and some calories.

Making home made Salsa Verde today too. The tomatilos are harvested and the peppers are ready. I like having it over my meat instead of gravy. But I like making it homemade. Then I know what is in it.

I am still working at Walmart and enjoy not having stress at work. It's a menial job but I need it right now. I hope to work up to ladies department and department manager there. Or even fabric and crafts dept mng. It was Walmart or Joane's Crafts. Since Walmart is the top retailer int he world I went there seeing a future.

Girl I think by Monday we should see you at 229. Keep it up.
Davisag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 03:41 PM   #345  

I’ve read half and half on the IF. I tend to eat normally on the weekends just because we are usually w/family at least one day or on the run shopping and catching up with my own families activities. So I’m not 100% sure how in the end it will effect my body. For the moment things are working ok.

The salsa verde sounds good. I find w my salsa it’s not as salty or staining as the commercially made ones. Plus I’m not a fan of cilantro and make mine a basil. I’m one of those that thinks cilantro tastes like soap - which is funny because I read that somewhere years ago and it was like. EXACTLY! Enjoy your treat!

As for your job - I know the craft sewing areas were sadly greatly reduced in the last 5 years in this state but you take fabric away from sewers and they have the power of the email! Now all of a sudden this department at the Walmart’s is finally returning. I live in a podunk and do get to the twin cities a couple times a year but I neither the budget to buy a years worth to sew or maybe I’ll like something now and in 2 months completely hate it and to have something fairly local helps when I need a fabric fix. I know so many people I’ve met are glad Walmart has heard their shoppers now let’s hope they get back to where they once were. Good luck on your upward trajectory.

Oh the chocolate need right now - dang nabbit it’s getting me today. I’ll need to
Look at the calendar and see if TOM is knocking. The things we crave . . .