Old 09-29-2016, 08:10 AM   #1  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Default The inches no one asks for...

I have been searching the web for quite a while now to try and create an inch goal for my thighs, calfs, arms, neck, stuff like that. Now every answer I find talks about how this completely depends on your height and body frame.

So I was wondering, for those of you in Onederland, or for those of who who may have been there are some point, or for those of you who believe they have some pretty darn good measurements

Would you fancy sharing them with others so that Me and maybe some others who have thought about this before, can lets say, take an average and create our own goals for inch-loss?

I am 5ft6
27 years old
290.4lbs

and my inches are as follows:

Neck:15"
Arms:15"
Thighs:28"
Calfs: 18"

I would love to have Inch goals on these, in the same way that I have inch goals for a specific dress size.
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 09:11 AM   #2  

There was a detailed pattern drafting size chart that could have been an interesting reference, but the site's down even gone from wayback machine. I've found a similar one only for childrenswear. Otherwise it's pretty scattered.

This one's got neck and bicep: http://www.burdastyle.com/downloads/...lar_inches.pdf
This is the only thing I've found with any detail on legs: https://www.shopbuilderpro.co.uk/ima...additional.jpg

Anyway, your measurements aren't really that far off of mine, with 27" thighs, 18" calves and 13" for both the bicep and neck, but I've still got a way to go (about 172 now) I carry most of my weight there (except neck). What's Onederland?

Edit: Sorry, I saw this on the larger board, it sounded interesting and I didn't check the subforum.

Last edited by Ameline; 09-29-2016 at 09:27 AM.
Ameline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 03:45 PM   #3  
Determind Member

Oh that's very informational thank you! The first one that includes the arms measurements lol my body covers over 8 dress sizes depending on what you have measured lol it is so strange, my body is such an abnormal shape lol

Oh wow about your measurements, I think I always thought that my legs were big but they must not be! If I have the measurements of someone at 172 then That's great! Just a few inches off here and there and get them tones up and I should be good!

p.s Onederland is someone who is in the 100's like yourself at 172, I am aiming for onederland because I am in the 200's
Old 10-05-2016, 06:05 PM   #4  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Now I'm curious... off to measure. Be back in a jiff.
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 06:12 PM   #5  
By God's Grace

Interesting, good to know.

Chest: 38"
Waist: 29"
Hips: 40"
Thigh: 22" (give or take, I have jeans on)
Bicep: 11"
Calf: 13.5"
Neck: 11.5"

Also, I've lost 140lbs so have quite a bit of extra skin that makes some of my measurements wonky. My upper arms and thighs especially have lots of skin.
Old 10-05-2016, 06:13 PM   #6  
By God's Grace

Now I wish I'd have taken measurements at the beginning. I didn't want to see those numbers though, I was in a lot of denial. :/ I do know that my waist was over 40" when I started. I went from a 44DD to a 32DD bra size, so know I've also lost a lot there.

Last edited by Gale02; 10-05-2016 at 06:14 PM.
Old 10-27-2016, 11:57 AM   #7  
Determind Member

I have only just seen this, I am so sorry!

It is very interesting to know that after such a weight loss, those are your measurements. I started at 323 and was:

Bust:52"
Waist: 47.75"
Tummy: 58.50"
Hips: 54.50"
Thigh: 30"
Arms:15"

As you can tell I am a strange apple/Hourglass shape

I never measured my Neck, or Calfs back then because I don't think I ever thought I would need or want to know lol. But the more I work out and try and tone up and lose more weight, I seem to be more interested in what is an acceptable size. I am one of those people who don't really see weight loss on myself yet, and until I go to try on something that I remember squeezing my fat *** into and it fits, Ill be happy.

I currently think my arms are HUGE! so I am hoping that with some toning they will just look better instead of worrying that they need to be 4 inches smaller lol.

Your comments were very helpful, and I am glad I took measurements at the beginning.
Old 10-29-2016, 02:06 PM   #8  
By God's Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotsgal View Post

I never measured my Neck, or Calfs back then because I don't think I ever thought I would need or want to know lol. But the more I work out and try and tone up and lose more weight, I seem to be more interested in what is an acceptable size. I am one of those people who don't really see weight loss on myself yet, and until I go to try on something that I remember squeezing my fat *** into and it fits, Ill be happy.

I currently think my arms are HUGE! so I am hoping that with some toning they will just look better instead of worrying that they need to be 4 inches smaller lol.

Your comments were very helpful, and I am glad I took measurements at the beginning.
I understand what you mean by an acceptable size. I've learned through this journey that nothing shapes up quite the way we expect, some things are better and some are worse. However, I'll take the extra skin because I feel eleventy billion times better every single day. It's taken a good while for me to start to be comfortable with my new body, the issues don't go away because I'm thinner... they just change. (Unfortunately.) Body dysmorphia is a very real thing and it's a total pain in the you-know-what. I still see myself in the mirror around a size 16... I'm a size 8/10. It takes so long for our minds to catch up to our weight loss.

Also, the weight loss gets more apparent as you get smaller. That was a strange sentence, but I noticed that I got more comments on my weight loss over the last 20 pounds than I did the first 100. It's more dramatic the smaller you get.

Keep up the good work, you're awesome!!
Old 10-31-2016, 08:21 AM   #9  
Determind Member

Oh I totally get that it's more noticeable when you are smaller. I have a few weddings coming up and one of my friends recently lost 14lbs and everyone has been like " wow! you look amazing" and one friend has lost 18lbs and she looks like a different person, then I sit here at -37lbs and no one has noticed ahahah.