Old 08-25-2016, 07:59 AM   #181  
lovemylife001

S/C/G: 180/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7

Good Morning Everyone Rain all night so it's super duper humid out lol. Hazel and I pushed through it and finished our walk. I hope that everyone is having a great week. It's almost the weekend I like the weekends but that's when I tend to eat things that I shouldn't

S-7 hours
E-25 minute walk and weights
B-Sausage , eggs
S-banana, peach
L-pb&j sandwich
D-salmon and veggies

Have a great day everyone
lovemylife001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 08:39 AM   #182  

S/C/G: 200/193/140

Height: 5'5

Uhh, random gain 216.2. What on earth is my body doing to me? I ate better than the day before. Stop retaining water!
Kukkie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 10:32 AM   #183  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Height: 5'9"

Kukkie, I feel your pain. I've got a gain of ~2lb today! But I didn't eat dinner until almost 9pm last night and it was pretty sodium heavy (I put a ham in the crock pot with some beans a couple days ago and tonight was leftovers... easy, yummy, filling, but super salty). But this is where the water goal comes in, to help flush that stuff out!

Yesterday's goals were met, just barely. I had to finish my walking after putting the baby to bed, then chug the last 20oz of water shortly before bed time. But they were met!

Today's goals:
Walk - 4.5 miles
Water - 100 oz

The weather is super humid and pretty warm. Highs in the 90s, heat index of 100 or more. I miss the highs in the 70s we had last week. But with the hot comes the storms, and the tornadoes to the north of us have affected some of our church family... So my husband gets to put together an impromptu charity thing this morning. And I get to try to figure out how I'm gonna get my walking in when you need scuba gear to breathe outside because it's so humid. Heat I can handle, so humid my sweat can't evaporate... not so much.

I'll probably end up pacing back and forth down the center hallway of the house. If hubby and I get into a discussion (lately it's been politics) I can get several thousand steps in what feels like no time.

I leave you with this entertaining comic (Titled: Travel) from one of my favorite web series. (The Awkward Yeti)

FeraFilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 11:10 AM   #184  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Morning, friends

A cool, crisp morning of 55 degrees greeted me as I walked out the door this morning. It's mornings like these that make it so difficult to get out from under my warm covers. But I did. Yay, me!

Saturday my staff and I are hosting a retreat for our peer advisers who will be working in our center this academic year. While I am just about "retreated" out, it is necessary as some of our peers were not able to work this summer and are newly hired. We need to help them shake the rust off before the beginning of the new quarter and rush of new students arrive. It's going to be a big review day with some fun thrown in. Just my luck, it's also the same day as the building my office is in is holding an active shooter training. It doesn't really effect us much. The building will be locked down Friday at the end of the work day and be closed all day Saturday to anyone not involved with the training. This means that we need to have everything we're using for the retreat out and in our retreat space by end of the day tomorrow. Always something on a university campus

Off to get my

Wishing everyone a blessed and beautiful day
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 12:39 PM   #185  
Began WW OPP 7/19/16

S/C/G: 284.6/266.4/195

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by curvynotlumpy View Post
Morning, friends

A cool, crisp morning of 55 degrees greeted me as I walked out the door this morning.
It's mornings like those that I do my happy dance. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Fall! C'mon Autumn!
EMERALDberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 01:06 PM   #186  
~*Mandy*~

So jealous.

I woke up and it was already almost 80 degrees! And humid.

The last week though I was waking up to temps in the high 50s/low 60s. I miss it already and can't wait for it to come back!
Old 08-25-2016, 05:40 PM   #187  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Curvy Good job on your ... Did you get a trim or a new do totally? I cut my hair last year, everyone was shocked then I cut it even more since I had to work in the heat. I have the Halle Berry short do now though I don't know how to style it properly Thanks Curvy re it felt really good but I'm back to tired again Whew 55 degrees ... I am definitely ready for that. I did enjoy the 67 degrees this morning though then it got super hot.

Thanks Martine and Emmy

Thanks Kukkie ... sorry about the up, I'm sure getting your water in will help it go back down. I wish I could get my water intake back up to help also ... BIG SIGH ... Kukkie no weigh in today but I know I'm in the same boat ... we'll get it together soon

Thanks Trina ... no candy corn (I love the stuff) so not good for me I do love my fitbit. I just realized that it wasn't syncing to MFP. I switched back to iphone and since my oldest son isn't home much now I don't have my setup person to fix everything for me I'm such a baby. My kids are the best I mess it up give it to them,watch them shake their heads, they fix it and give it back ... working properly My baby counted 4 more days then school starts ... so after work naps for Mommy except for the one boy that doesn't have his license yet (and I don't want him to drive yet, he's not ready) I'll have to run him around. What kind of fish did you buy? Do share your fish recipes Thank you ... Oh and you'll be fine this weekend

Mandy I remember ... back down memory lane ... your K--- screen name with the upper/lower case letters and 0's I thought when you joined how in the world are we gonna remember that. Then someone maybe me asked can we call you something else and that's when you posted Mandy ... I also remember the beautiful wedding pictures of you two

If you happen to send me a friend request on MFP please send me a message with it. Have a great evening everyone

Last edited by love2b150; 08-25-2016 at 06:03 PM.
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 07:26 AM   #188  
Gizmo

Kukkie84 and loveofmylife001 training of the new hires went well, thank you. I've always liked training, I wanted to be a teacher when I was younger but life took me on a different path. At least where I work I get the chance to "teach", it's one of my favourite parts of my job.

Rennie I'm like you, I wish I would up my water intake. I have a water bottle at all times next to me when I work, but I just seem to forget to drink.

FeraFilia I think it's awesome that you reached your daily goal no matter what/when. One day at a time, that's all we can do.

curvynotlumpy hope the retreat goes well tomorrow. But that means another Saturday of work for you Are you able to get extra days off when you work 6 days in a week?

Will this high humidity ever end? I love Summer, wish it was Summer year-round except for a few weeks of beautiful Fall and its colours, and a couple of weeks of snow around Christmas cause I love a white Christmas but hate Winter. But this humidity is tough to take. At work the AC is not even enough to counter the humidity (in our office it was 77% humidity yesterday afternoon).

So I'm still on plan, still checking my portions at supper time, still planning on starting to exercise again next week. Hope everyone will have a great Friday!

15: 247.4
16: 246.6
17: 246.2
18: 246.6
19: 245.2
20: 243.6
21: 245.2
22: 244.2
23: 243.2
24: 244.0
25: 243.6
26: 243.4
Martine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 08:43 AM   #189  
lovemylife001

Good Friday Morning Everyone It's TGIF Hazel and I did 3 miles today I have a ton of errands this morning before work, ugh lol

S-7 hours
E-45 minute walk and weights
B-toast, eggs
S-plum, peach
L-pb&j sandwich
D-salmon and veggies

Martine for being on plan, you've got this! Hope the humidity eases up.

Have a great day everyone I'll try to come back later
Old 08-26-2016, 09:23 AM   #190  

S/C/G: 200/193/140

Height: 5'5

Still at 216.2 here. Hating the humidity - my new haircut doesn't work well when I've spent all this time blow drying it a certain way, only to have it do something else by the time I get into work. Ugh. Another fall lover here. Bring on the cool, crisp breeze.
Kukkie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 10:42 AM   #191  

S/C/G: 277/170/130

Height: 5'7" / Age: 31

Happy Friday all! Hope everyone has had a great week. My TOM is almost over so I decided to weigh myself and saw a very slight loss. Almost 100 lbs even to go til goal.

I started some new hormonal birth control pills on Sunday and whew have I been moody, emotional, and queasy all week. Hoping I adjust to them soon because the loss of appetite has sapped my energy pretty badly, which just makes me even more moody.

I only went for half my usual distance walking on Wed and skipped it altogether yesterday but today I dragged myself out there and did not like it one bit, but I finished the whole 4 miles. I'm so ready to be done with this heat and humidity!
pinkstarberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 09:22 PM   #192  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Good evening everyone

I hope everyone had a good day. It's been a busy but productive day. The majority of today was spent putting together packets of information for our peer training retreat tomorrow. As tired as I am, I'm really looking forward to it. They're going to learn a lot and I dare say, they're going to know more than are other peers as my staff and I made a concerted effort to put into perspective why we do what we do in our center. We need them to know in general the expectations of the university and how what we do fits within those expectations. Tall order but I know we can do it!

Martine, we aren't afforded over time in my unit but comp time, yes. I will be given back the 8 hours of our retreat. As well as I planned our retreat is how poorly I planned my weekend. This Monday will be a vacation day. I had anticipated that it would be a three day weekend for me and had forgotten all about the all day Saturday retreat. Talk about poor planning. Monday will basically be my Sunday

@pinkstarberry: for pushing through and getting out there for your walk. Yep, and some days, we just stay home. You're doing great and nearing an incredible milestone of 100 pounds to goal!

@lovemylife001: Hope you got all your errands done sweets! Crossing things off my list always makes me feel accomplished.

My hair cut was just a trim, Rennie. I LOVE Halle Berry's short do! I wish I could pull that off but I feel like I have a ginormous head and I also have naturally curly hair. Loose curls, not tight. My hair is pretty short though and I like the cut I have now. Kukkie, hang in there; fall is coming and with that lower humidity and more manageable hair fixin' weather

Okay, my friends, I probably won't have time to check in tomorrow so I'm signing off until Sunday. Blessings and good wishes for a peaceful weekend.
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 11:55 PM   #193  
~*Mandy*~

Late night update here!

The sodium bump from my delicious(ly salty) ham and beans dinner disappeared as quickly as it showed up. I hit my walking and water goals today without much of an issue. I made cookies for my hubby and dinner with him in mind (crock pot mac n cheese with chicken and bacon - total calorie bomb but it was tasty!)

Hubby and I took the kiddo and went shopping today, and we bought our usual stuff for 2 weeks (it's a 30 minute drive!) with the exception of some fresh produce and dairy stuff we can get in town. I did good! The only thing I put in the cart that wasn't on my list was caramel apple milky ways... could not resist. Munchkin was good and we ran into some friends who live in that area and made plans to spend time with them next week. It was a productive trip!

Saturday is my (hopefully) last day of my stepbet challenge, Sunday will be a rest day. Then I have to come up with some new daily workout goals! I'm thinking of alternating walking outside with workout videos inside, just to see if I've built up the endurance to keep up. I'll start with Leslie Sansone's walking workouts, and then see where to go from there.

If my weight holds steady until Monday, it looks like I will have dropped 9 pounds in the 5 weeks of this challenge. Not too shabby! I've lost weight in the past by logging every bite, but I've found I get super obsessive and then I burn out and give up in 6-7 months... So I'm going at it from the fitness angle first, then I'll focus more on food. Trying something new, and it seems to be working.

I hope you all had a good day!
Old 08-27-2016, 07:20 AM   #194  
Began WW OPP 7/19/16

S/C/G: 284.6/266.4/195

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martine View Post
Rennie I'm like you, I wish I would up my water intake. I have a water bottle at all times next to me when I work, but I just seem to forget to drink.

So I'm still on plan, still checking my portions at supper time, still planning on starting to exercise again next week. Hope everyone will have a great Friday!
I ran across some water info yesterday because I have been frustrated feeling dehydrated when I have been drinking 3 to 4 bottles of water a day. You and Rennie may find this will help. So I upped my intake yesterday and was very happy with the scale this morning.
http://www.egoscue.com/blog/item/103...ration-egoscue

Congrats on sticking on plan, Martine!

I ordered Pizza Yes, pizza, lol, for my husband and son yesterday from Dominoes, our favorite. Didn't have any because I didn't know how to count it, but didn't feel deprived. Love the plan I'm on.

Had every intention of going back to the gym this week, which I haven't been to since May, but my good intentions didn't happen. I know the weight loss will speed up when I actually "do" something. For now I am content to lose simply by sticking to my points.

Wishing you all a victorious weekend.

Last edited by EMERALDberry; 08-27-2016 at 07:23 AM.
EMERALDberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 08:38 AM   #195  
lovemylife001

Good Morning Everyone

Just a quick check in before I run some errands. I hope that everyone had a good Friday Hazel and I already finished our walk for the day and it was beautiful. Have a great day everyone I'll be back later for sure.

Curvy Enjoy your retreat!

Pinkstarberry I hope you are feeling better this morning

Kukkie I hope the humidity is better today for you. It just sucks the motivation out of me lol

Martine for staying on plan. How long has it been now? You're doing awesome.

EMERALDberry, Rennie, FeraFilia, Alecia, Joe

Last edited by lovemylife001; 08-27-2016 at 08:39 AM.