Old 08-01-2016, 01:12 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 277/170/130

Height: 5'7" / Age: 31

Wow, I can't believe it's August already! July really flew by. Thanks for the new thread! Looking forward to making more progress this month.

SW: 241.6 - Not going to put a GW for this month because I'll be starting at the gym soon and I dunno what weightlifting will do to my body for this first month :P

01: 241.6
pinkstarberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 02:51 PM   #17  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Hi all!

Still in maintenance range (153-158,) which makes me a happy camper. I weighed in at 157 this morning. Lots of sodium in my diet this past week, I'm going to work on getting more fluids in and hopefully get closer to the bottom rather than the top of my maintenance range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by curvynotlumpy View Post
Gale02: on getting into strength training. I love cardio and am easily drawn to it, but my body never felt or looked better than when I was doing both weights and cardio. I'm including the following link to help you stay motivated and to help and remind all of us of the value of resistance training:
http://www.shape.com/fitness/workout...eavier-weights
Thanks, Curvy! I enjoyed that article! I have a really great set of adjustable dumbbells, I'm going to work up to some heavier weights.

I hope everyone is having a great Monday! I'm sewing aprons today, and my kids are bingeing on Netflix (no, I don't care. ) I need to get on the treadmill at some point today, we'll see when that actually happens.
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 03:23 PM   #18  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

envelope I'm glad you're here

Curvy, my starting weight for the month was predictable (big sigh) ... I wish I could say that I know this will be a better month and mean it but nah! However, I do hope so

pinkstarberry and Gale
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 04:09 PM   #19  
lovemylife001

S/C/G: 180/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7

Rennie You're going to have a great month We all are
lovemylife001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 04:38 PM   #20  
Gizmo

Turns out there's a scale where we are staying and I was surprised to be at 239 this morning. Battling to not go back in the 240s. Hope everyone is having a good Monday.
Martine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 07:30 PM   #21  
~Rennie

Thanks Trina we do have to believe it and speak it into action, right! thanks ... we've got this I need to do go back to no carbs for about two weeks ... I've been doing well till I get home and then my 12 year old starts ... I want!, let's go get!, Mommy do we have? only 3 more weeks then I may be able to stay focused

Martine try not to focus on the scale while you're away, enjoy yourself and tell that "4" to keep it's distance
Old 08-01-2016, 08:45 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 241/223.4/150

Height: 5'4"

So I fell off the wagon a little and gained back about 7lbs, I figured that was going to happen but I just didnt have the energy to plan meals etc and still not lose weight so I slid back a little but I am starting off August prepared. I have decided to drop the shakes for now and I am going to try the keto, low carb high fat diet and see how that goes. I haven't tried this yet but I know with the prednisone you are encouraged to eat a lower carb diet so I'm hoping that will help some. Started today and I feel good today, didn't get to go swimming as my injection made me feel like I have the flu so I decided to bypass that today but will be going on Wed assuming the rain holds out! Hope everyone has a great week!
FieryCupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 08:43 AM   #23  
lovemylife001

S/C/G: 180/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7

Good Morning Everyone I hope that everyone is having a great week so far My posting will be brief probably through the rest of the year. I have two major projects that gearing up and have to be done before the end of the year so I will be working from home as well work. I also have to manage my staff, ugh. I will still check in because I really need that but I may not be able to do many personals hope everyone understands.

S-7 hours
E-30 minute walk with Hazel
B-cabbage, bacon frittata
S-yogurt,orange
L- Lean Cuisine- can you tell I don't have time to cook lol
D-Lean Cuisine

Have a great day everyone

Last edited by lovemylife001; 08-02-2016 at 08:45 AM.
lovemylife001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 09:38 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 200/193/140

Height: 5'5

Hi my lovelies!

I weighed in this morning at 211.5. Hubby and I are back to our "normal" schedules which means no crazy wake up hours for me. It does mean I'll go back to the gym in the evenings, but I think I'm okay with that. No need to worry about hair and makeup after my workouts now, lol. I'm not going tonight because I'm actually starting pelvic floor physiotherapy tonight. Or well I'm going in for an assessment anyway. We'll see how that goes. I did loads of cooking last night, so I'm set for the week too!

Talk soon.
Kukkie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 10:47 AM   #25  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Well, I tried writing down my weigh-ins for the past few days, but the tears washed them away. ha.

I've slammed into the great wall of depression...my own fault...I get this way when I don't keep up with my vitamins...it's more a feeling of despair and heavy brain fog rather than depression, but it's a lousy lousy feeling nonetheless. Plus, I've been backing off on the RA meds, also for no good reason, so I'm a mess right now. No planning, no swimming, achy, stiff, feeling like such a failure and gaining weight. Time to slap myself and hop back on the horse....starting slowly today: some squats, lots of stretches during the day...back on the vitamin and pill popping trail, and I should be feeling better tomorrow/next day.

It's so nice to have a place to vent...no one has patience for that IRL!
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 11:17 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Good morning

Our weather has finally cooled off meaning that our lows have dropped to the mid-50s and makes perfect weather. I DID NOT want to get out of bed this morning so I'm feeling pretty sluggish right now. I know things will pick up after I have my

I have a regular Monday evening dinner with friends. Two of the attendees rotate making dinner since they are retired and I rotate bringing dessert with another lady. Last night we had salmon BLTs with fresh tomatoes and lettuce and crispy bacon. It was a very simple meal but one of the best things I've eaten in some time. I will recreate this sandwich very soon

@FieryCupcake and SeeMyFeet: So good to see both of you It's tough when we hit those walls or have to reassess what we are and aren't doing for ourselves. I know that the answer/solution can be right in front of me but it's sometimes not enough to motivate me to act. The right mindset can mean everything and it sounds like both of you have it and are ready to get back on track. Well done creating your respective plans and moving forward

@lovemylife001:We completely understand! with your various projects and managing your staff. Sending you

@Kukkie84: Yay for "normal" schedules! They always make life just a bit easier.

@love2b150: I don't have a 12 year old, but I often feel like one lives inside my head saying the same things along with "No", "I don't want to", "Okay, maybe just this one time."

@Gale02: I have some standard dumbbells but have looked into adjustable ones. What's the highest weights to which you can adjust?

Have a great day everyone!
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 04:30 PM   #27  
~Rennie

FieryCC best of luck with your new plan

Trina do what you have to do my friend I know that you're caring I may be doing frozen meals for dinner just because I can throw them in the microwave and do other things. Let me know if you notice any change while eating them, thanks

Kukkie glad to hear you're back to your normal schedule. I may ask my doctor about that therapy. I sure need it. Good job on your weigh in

SeeMyFeet, you crack me up Aw now I feel a sad. You're going through quite a bit right now. Please do get back on your regimen And I am the person that would have patience for that IRL ... I know it's hard to find people like me (not tooting my own horn) but I have said to a quite a few people that often times people need an ear not the critical comments and feedback that people often give. I am that ear and I often need one also

Whew Curvy the mid 50's ... idk that I am ready for that yet but I know it's coming, so time to get ready. When the lows are in the 50's what's the high for you? That's an interesting BLT. Was the salmon thin? How was it prepared? ... Oh and a kid lives in my head also and she's probably more like 7 to 9 years old she wins more often than not, where diet is concerned.

I got 10hrs and 50min of sleep, thus giving me a loss of 2.6lbs. I have done well so far. If I can keep this up I should be fine. It will be one day down with many many to go.
Old 08-02-2016, 04:32 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 241/223.4/150

Height: 5'4"

Down 1.4 today to 216.8, day two of keto diet, I'm not really hungry between meals and my meals are pretty filling, having some difficulty getting my fat macro where it needs to be but I'm close! Craving carbs a little but it hasn't been too bad, just keep giving myself pep talks and eat some pepperoni and cheese lol! Hubby eats whatever he wants and that's hard but I can do this!
FieryCupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 04:48 PM   #29  
~Rennie

FieryCC good job on the 1.4

Last edited by love2b150; 08-02-2016 at 05:26 PM.
Old 08-02-2016, 05:15 PM   #30  

Height: 5'5"

I am a weekly weigher, but thought it would be good to see the numbers on the screen.

Starting weight (8/2/2016) - 226.6
Goal weight - 215

2. 226.6
9. 216.6
16. 212.2
23. 210.2

Last edited by LaurieDawn; 08-23-2016 at 10:12 AM.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote