Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2003, 09:24 PM   #16  
Old Cackler

oh wait. i have a little more to say. even a weight loss of 10% of excess body weight helps decrease the risk of illness assoicated with obesity. so every little bit does indeed help. the trick is to maintain that loss.

some experts advocate losing 10% at a time and then maintaining that weight loss for a few months before losing another 10%. seems sensible to me!!! has anyone tried it???
Old 08-26-2003, 11:58 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Well, I've lost the first 20% and still haven't reduced my dang cholesterol, but that's another story, I guess.

I'm just hoping that after almost two weeks of vacation, I've managed to maintain that 20% weight loss. Bet that's not quite what you mean!
Old 08-27-2003, 08:04 AM   #18  
Old Cackler

but it is what i mean, sheila. or more exactly, what the experts say [although who is more expert than we are?????]

any maintenance is good, and if you can survive two weeks of vacation without a gain, that's fabulous!!!!
Old 08-27-2003, 12:18 PM   #19  
Healthy and Positive!

Now these are just my opinions and I'm not intenting to offend anyone...ok?

I have had a problem with food, lazyiness and self-esteem my whole life. The wonderful thing about losing this weight so slowly (and boy is it ever coming off slowly!!) is that I'm really discovering what my body is and what it can do.. I'm so proud of the abs that are now poking through, the triceps that I can feel under the flab, the kneecaps!!! Oh, my! I didn't even know I had kneecaps! I love that I can listen to what my body wants to eat and give it or deny.. It's my brain and heart.. I just feel like if I got gbs that I wouldn't be learning anything and all of these other byproducts of getting control of my body wouldn't be happening.. Does that make sense or am I rambling??
Old 08-27-2003, 01:03 PM   #20  
Crazy Canuck

Athena....that makes absolutely perfect sense!!
Old 08-27-2003, 02:41 PM   #21  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Athena,

Not every method works for every person, so of course it makes sense that you're doing what is right for Athena.
Closed Thread