Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 02:05 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Good morning friends!

Someone turn off the please!! I woke up to a morning that was already 70 degrees and three hour later is now 90 degrees. Rennie, just read your post about your air conditioning at work. Is it fixed yet ? Anyone call it in? It's one thing to work in an environment where AC is not expected or mandated, but a different story when you have it and it's supposed to be working. Can't believe the end of the month is here. This year is going by too quickly

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesikaBeth View Post
Hello everyone

So I am still stuck at the same weight, but TBH my food has gotten a bit sloppy. So I am coming here to recommit myself and for some accountability. I am SO close to my goal weight and have come SO far already.
JesikaBeth: You are so close, girl! And as much as I love how exercise and working out make me feel, I completely that if you can conquer the food battle, you've pretty much conquered the weight challenge. I know the two working hand-in-hand is like a well-oiled machine, but I know several folks who either cannot work out due to physical limitations like they want, or, don't want to exercise, who have lost weight and kept it off. You got this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martine View Post

curvynotlumpy enjoy your day off tomorrow. Any plans?

4 days to go until my vacation. Trying to get everything done but not stress out too much.
Hang in there, Martine. I'll keep you in my thoughts and wish you well as you tie up loose ends before your official vacation begins. I bet you can't wait for these days to go by so you can relax. As for me, I didn't have any plans. In fact it reached 108 degrees here yesterday so I barely left the house. However, I did take a nap which was nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by akelly728 View Post
The last 2 weeks have been crazy. Found out my sweet baby (see avatar) Toby has a minor spine injury. Some compressed disks in between a couple vertebrae. Not great news, but just trying to keep him less active than normal, which is tough. He's already bounced back to 100% and as long as I keep him from jumping around the furniture, he should be able to
I'm so sorry to hear about your sweet pup's spine injury, but I'm happy that he seems to be doing well. The resiliency of pets (animals in general) is just amazing, isn't it! It really does take a lot to bring them down. Personally, I've whined for much less serious reasons

[QUOTE=Kukkie84;5272155]Good morning everyone

Still grossly hot and humid here. Luckily I don't spend most of my day outdoors, but my office has really cranked up the air. It's freezing in here. I've been going from one extreme to the next. Ugh.

Weighed in at 211.9 this morning. Have my lunch, dinner is half ready as well. Next week, hubby and I go back to our normal schedules of me doing daycare drop-offs, him doing pick-ups, which means I'll have a bit more time in the morning to get everything ready, but it also means going to the gym in the evening. I'll have to make it work for me. Like really work for me. I can do it!

You absolutely can do this, Kukkie! I'm one of those folks who thinks moms can do anything. I'm not a parent but I always thought my mom was superwoman and was always amazed at what she could accomplish in any given day! Good luck with the evening workouts. When I do work out I prefer the very early mornings or late at night the hour or so before my gym closes. There is something about being there nearly alone doing your thing without having to jockey for equipment or machines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2b150 View Post
LOL Curvy, sounds like he may be a tad bit confused as to where he fits in. You have to initiate, step up and take charge, show that you are driven, can handle it and work well under pressure. I have worked for quite a few people that I wonder how they got as far as they did See you are the person that these folks need ... you step up and you're able to analyse, see where you could improve and you are aware of this. Good on you

Have any of you bought/tried the TRY FOOD LOVERS plan? It sounds just like the Jorge Cruise 3 hour diet. I'm doing ok. Like Alicia I have been back and forth within the same numbers this month. It's like every other day I am up 1 point something and then back down 1 point something ... it drives me nuts but like some of you have said at least I know I can maintain (for now).

Well I just recorded my weight on my weigh in chart. Today I am 181.7. I was 183.0 on 7/1. I am gonna try to continue to go down until the first hoping to start August not in the 180's ... wish me luck
Thanks, Rennie. I appreciate your support and YOU! At times like these I have a hard time not seeing myself as a colossal nag It's not a lie when I tell you that I actually do learn something every day.

I've never heard of the Food Lover's Plan or Jorge Cruise. Sounds interesting; I'll have to do some investigating. My weight has toggled as well between 208-211. My goal was 205 so looks like July is a wash for me as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMERALDberry View Post
Down a total of 7 lbs as of this morning, but I have a health concern. I am 51 and have been in menopause for a couple years. Went without a period for over a year. Began bleeding last Thursday and there doesn't seem to be any let up. We make too much to qualify for the "free" health care but cannot afford private pay insurance. If any of you believe in prayer, please say a prayer for me. Thanks! Emmy
EMERALDberry! I absolutely believe in the power of prayer and will keep you in mine. One of my co-workers was dealing with the same effects of menopause and was placed on an IUD which seems to have helped significantly. I don't know what that would cost but it might be something to think about and look into. It's nice to have the silver lining of a 7 pound loss! !

Last edited by curvynotlumpy; 07-28-2016 at 02:21 PM.
Old 07-27-2016, 03:27 PM   #182  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Thanks Trina

Emmy, I will definitely keep you in prayer Also (this is only read-say) because I've seen it on here ... when you start to lose weight your cycle that has not shown up in awhile tends to show up again. But check the net for clinics in your area. Or maybe a help line for women. You may be able to call an urgent care and just ask advice, idk ... I pray for relief

Curvy, I appreciate you all more than you know. You care and that's what makes all the difference The Jorge Cruise diet is old. He keeps coming out with books but I am sure they probably have the same concept. The Try Food Lover thing is similar but with a ton of books and some cd's ... the reviews for the company are horrible. Sounds like when I tried the Rachel Ray recommendation of Acai berry that did not work for me, but they charged me $90 before I received it and refused to refund my money with their 100% money back guarantee if it didn't work.

Last edited by love2b150; 07-27-2016 at 03:42 PM.
Old 07-27-2016, 03:42 PM   #183  

Quote:
Thanks Trina

Emmy, I will definitely keep you in prayer Also (this is only read-say) because I've seen it on here ... when you start to lose weight your cycle that has not shown up in awhile tends to show up again. But check the net for clinics in your area. Or maybe a help line for women. You may be able to call an urgent care and just ask advice, idk ... I pray for relief
Rennie, this is such a good point! I've heard this as well. From my understanding it has a lot to do with hormonal shifts.
Old 07-27-2016, 05:42 PM   #184  
Began WW OPP 7/19/16

S/C/G: 284.6/266.4/195

Height: 5' 8"

Thank you all for your kind responses. We were able to find cheap health insurance today, which was a miracle. $240.00 for our whole family.
Old 07-28-2016, 04:02 AM   #185  
Gizmo

curvynotlumpy hope temps cool down a bit where you are. Also, naps are always good

Rennie hope you too can stay cool at work without the a/c. We don't control temperatures in our store, it's all set by head office, but we've had complaints this year from customers and associates that our a/c isn't strong enough. So I make regular calls to maintenance so that they kick it up a notch. And in the wintertime, heating is seldom strong enough on cold days, so again I make regular calls to maintenance to fix that. But having some a/c is better than none, so I really hope your situation at work gets resolved quickly.

loveofmylife001 it will be a mix of staycation and vacation. Next week we'll spend about 3-4 days at one of my husband's friends' family, they have a cabin in the woods somewhere. After that nothing is set but I've been looking up ideas online and we may go to a beach on Lake Ontario that allows dogs. I think Loki would like the sand and water. We'll see.

EMERALDberry thank goodness you were able to find some medical insurance and I hope your situation gets resolved quickly.

akelly728 that poor puppy of yours, sorry to read about that. It's good to know that as long as he doesn't get too crazy bouncing all over that he can stay healthy and strong. We sure love our furbabies. I just got up at 3am to let Loki have some water, poor little thing was hot on the bed. A coworker lost his dog to heart problems two days ago and it just got to me so much. I loved his little Daschund.

Two days to go before my vacation. Eating is sporadic and so is sleep (as I type this at 4am in the morning). Too many things going on in my head. I will use my time off to get back in control and start exercising again. Right now I've let work overtake my life (again). Have a nice day everyone.
Old 07-28-2016, 05:13 AM   #186  
Began WW OPP 7/19/16

I absolutely love the people on this thread. =) Everybody is so kind and caring. Too bad we don't all live close so we could have a care and share group. God bless all of you! =)
Old 07-28-2016, 10:04 AM   #187  
lovemylife001

S/C/G: 180/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7

Good Morning Everyone I hope that everyone is having a great week so far This week is flying by.

Curvy You are so right this year is half gone. People are already talking about Christmas lol

Martine Your time off sounds so great and I'm sure that Loki will love it. Sometimes you need a break to get back on track physically and mentally. You'll be back exercising before you know it

EMERALberry I wish we all lived close to one another as well. I think if that were the case we would all be on track. When you're around like minded people it makes achieving your goal that much easier.

Have a great day everyone
Old 07-28-2016, 10:46 AM   #188  
~Rennie

Curvy it's amazing what we learn from one another ... if one doesn't read it or look it up someone else will I'm on a diabetic thread with some wonderful people and they are a wealth of info. Now if I'd just apply what I learn I could be a lot healthier

Emmy I'm glad you found some insurance please do read the fine print on deductibles and out of pocket (I'm sure you know this but sometimes we (I) get caught up in the happy/excitement I miss some things). Especially for the children and how often they can be seen Emmy it is too bad that we can't have a meet up. As big as 3FC is, I'm really surprised no one has had a greet and meet (at least not to my knowledge). I would sure figure out how to get there

Thanks Martine naps are GREAT It was so hot in there today it was crazy my shirt was soaked through (good thing I wear a smock ) They tried to tell us that ours was controlled some place else until the unit froze and then leaked every where Yeah I can do little heat inside because you can always put on a jacket or something Martine I pray that you take some time for yourself to focus on you

Trina I agree, especially those of you that walk (I say you because I'm lazy and you would give me that push )... I would love to meet up for a long long walk

Well I'm back up the .9 I was down. I had a taste for toast with syrup yesterday before church and I think it stuck with me since I didn't get much sleep. That's my story and I'm sticking with it. Only 3 more days to get under 180

Last edited by love2b150; 07-28-2016 at 07:23 PM.
Old 07-28-2016, 03:03 PM   #189  

Good afternoon friends Broken record Curvy checking in . I did a presentation this morning across campus and I'm so happy it was scheduled at 8:30. It's miserably hot again today! The weather forecast is predicting 104 degrees today.

The heat will not keep me from wishing everyone a blessed and beautiful Thursday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martine View Post
curvynotlumpy
Two days to go before my vacation. Eating is sporadic and so is sleep (as I type this at 4am in the morning). Too many things going on in my head. I will use my time off to get back in control and start exercising again. Right now I've let work overtake my life (again). Have a nice day everyone.
Martine! Yes, do what you need to do and then dial it back and do what you WANT to do. Rest your body and your brain. If we're not caring for ourselves, how are we supposed to care for others in our lives? Getting your eating and exercising back on track is a good plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMERALDberry View Post
I absolutely love the people on this thread. =) Everybody is so kind and caring. Too bad we don't all live close so we could have a care and share group. God bless all of you! =)
I couldn't agree more, EMERALDberry! And as far as I'm concerned this is the cool kids' table in the lunchroom The people on this thread are such a beautiful addition to my life. How cool would that be to meet up in person?! finding a reasonable insurance plan! Prayers answered. I agree with Rennie, read that fine print. You don't want surprises.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemylife001 View Post
Curvy You are so right this year is half gone. People are already talking about Christmas lol
I simply cannot wrap my head around Christmas in July (regardless of how tempting some of the sales are ) The thought just gives me a

Quote:
Curvy it's amazing what we learn from one another ... if one doesn't read it or look it up someone else will I'm on a diabetic thread with some wonderful people and they are a wealth of info. Now if I'd just apply what I learn I could be a lot healthier

Well I'm back up the .9 I was down. I had a taste for toast with syrup yesterday before church and I think it stuck with me since I didn't get much sleep. That's my story and I'm sticking with it. Only 3 more days to get under 180
So true, Rennie! I always feel like folks have my back on this thread and I've received some excellent advice/suggestions on other threads as well. I'm with you though, I learn a lot; it's the application that I struggle with

It's amazing what food choices "stick" with our bodies and what doesn't. Sometimes there is no rhyme or reason.
Old 07-28-2016, 04:59 PM   #190  
Began WW OPP 7/19/16

Yes, love2b150. I have an annual $500.00 deductible. This was truly a miracle. A friend of mine thinks I may have a fibroid tumor as she did a few years ago. I will have to hold off for a short time to go in if the bleeding doesn't stop.
Old 07-28-2016, 07:35 PM   #191  
~Rennie

Emmy is the deductible for you or per family member? I've heard (from reading) a lot about fibroids but I don't know anything about them first hand. I hear they cause you to look swollen/pregnant, you have heavy but not continuous cycles and cramping. I however had the same thing with two ovarian cyst. My cycles are still heavy and I have lower back pain. I'm 50.

Curvy, thank you for being here ... I'm so tired of struggling with food. I wish I could just burn carbs (make them disappear for about a month).

oh I had pizza today thanks to a 12 and 15 year old, smh.

Last edited by love2b150; 07-28-2016 at 07:37 PM.
Old 07-28-2016, 07:47 PM   #192  
Began WW OPP 7/19/16

That deductible is just for me. My husband and son are having a different "level" of coverage. Mine is full coverage. There's is only major medical for now.
Old 07-29-2016, 09:06 AM   #193  

S/C/G: 277/170/130

Height: 5'7" / Age: 31

Good morning everyone! Just making a very quick post since I want to try to get out and walk before it's too hot! Hope you all have a wonderful day and a great weekend!!

01: 256.6
02: 255.6
05: 254.2
07: 253.4
10: 252.8
11: 250.8
15: 249.6
22: 248
23: 247
25: 245.2
29: 243
Old 07-29-2016, 09:19 AM   #194  

S/C/G: 200/193/140

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone. Quick check in for me; haven't had time for personals lately - too much going on. I'm up again to 213.7 this morning. But I ate pizza last night (homemade, super thin crust), and I didn't weigh in until after I had my coffee. Oh well. I'm working from home today, so hopped over to the gym this morning for a 40 min sweat session. I have a lunch out today and tomorrow. Hoping to use Sunday/Monday as detox days.
Old 07-29-2016, 09:56 AM   #195  
lovemylife001

S/C/G: 180/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7

Good Morning Everyone It's TGIF

I hope that everyone had a great week. I think the temps are suppose to go down a bit which is great. I hope that everyone has a great Friday and start to their weekend. I'll be back later, I need to get some
Closed Thread