Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 08:43 AM   #151  
lovemylife001

S/C/G: 180/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7

Good Morning Everyone It's TGIF

It's been a long hot week lol. Hazel and I went for our walk earlier and the heat and humidity just takes a lot of you, ugh. I don't have a lot planned this weekend. I may do some food prep for the upcoming week.

Martine Hope you have a great weekend. July was a rough month for me with my birthday, my son's and my brothers birthday all the same week. I didn't go overboard but the temptation was awful lol. Sending you for Sunday.

Have a great start to your weekend everyone
Old 07-22-2016, 10:10 AM   #152  

S/C/G: 277/170/130

Height: 5'7" / Age: 31

01: 256.6
02: 255.6
05: 254.2
07: 253.4
10: 252.8
11: 250.8
15: 249.6
22: 248

Ugh, TOM this month was horrible... I was so bloated for the entire week before TOM and during TOM so I didnt even bother weighing myself because I knew it would get me down. TOM is almost over now so I tried weighing this morning and I'm glad to see a little bit of loss.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 07-22-2016, 02:50 PM   #153  
Began WW OPP 7/19/16

S/C/G: 284.6/266.4/195

Height: 5' 8"

Since I'm new, what does TOM mean? thank you
Old 07-22-2016, 02:58 PM   #154  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Hi Everyone

Hi Gale good for you on tracking again I think my mindset when I would get close to goal was the same as yours (was) because each time I've come close to goal I blown it. Maybe the next time I get close I'll be a tad more mature This is an eye opener for sure --> I learned the hard way that a couple of pounds 50 times is really easy to justify and will have me right back where I started. so why don't I get it, smh. LOL I remember the bunk bed days. That was a chore in itself. The pulling, climbing and stretching That is an accomplishment ... enjoy your tea Do share pictures of the wallets.

Curvy, maybe some day the employee will come to understand what you were trying to tell him. Some people are so head strong they can only see what they want and everyone else around them are out to get them or pull them down. I work with a few like that. Grown ups that know it ALL, smh. Never taking into consideration you have been where they are and only have their best interest at heart. ... LOL Curvy I am getting to that point now also. So much so that my baby says "uh oh it's nap time" anytime I go to my room (silly girl) Sorry for the up but you know it's TOM so look for a nice whoosh when it leaves Curvy I like my salty first also but then I can never find anything sweet enough to crush the sweet need

EMERALDberry, good job on the additional pound down. Keep up the good work TOM = Time of month

Trina, I'm sure the 2lbs is water and TOM is in the picture. You do so well but good on you for keeping it together. What is your normal calorie intake to reign it in? Trina I bought some dark chocolate once to try (I can't remember why) but the kids ended up eating most of it since it wasn't half bad. I hope it's helping with your cravings Trina you did very well with the temptations around you last month, GO YOU

Martine sorry about the stress Maybe for the rest of the day, focus on hubby's birthday and think fun, happy thoughts and breathe Enjoy hubby's bday, your weekend and your vacation Are you staying home or have plans away from home?

pinkstarberry 1.6 down is a nice loss, GO YOU

Last edited by love2b150; 07-22-2016 at 03:00 PM.
Old 07-22-2016, 04:22 PM   #155  
Began WW OPP 7/19/16

Thank you for the info love2b150. As you can tell, I am not very "techy". lol You all know how to do things on here that I don't know how to do. Maybe in time I will learn. =)
Old 07-22-2016, 05:04 PM   #156  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

EMERALDberry, LOL I'm not techy either but thank goodness for children. We have 5 and anything that you want to know just ask. I'll help if I can There is actually a sticky that tells you what all of the acronyms stand for. I just found it last year though

here's the Sticky http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/freq...-acronyms.html

Last edited by love2b150; 07-22-2016 at 07:30 PM.
Old 07-23-2016, 10:07 AM   #157  

S/C/G: 277/170/130

Height: 5'7" / Age: 31

02: 255.6
05: 254.2
07: 253.4
10: 252.8
11: 250.8
15: 249.6
22: 248
23: 247

Today I reached 30 lbs lost I'm starting to notice a difference in the way some of my clothing fits, and I'm able to wear a few things that were too tight and uncomfortable a month ago. I feel like the first 10-15 lbs lost was probably mostly water weight since I didn't notice much difference in my body size, so now I'm really glad to finally feel my clothes becoming a little bit looser! I've been trying to walk almost everyday and I'm slowly working toward walking 10000 steps. Next month I might look into joining a gym so I can begin doing some weight lifting! Now that I've lost a bit of weight and feel my stamina has increased, I dont feel so embarrassed to exercise around other people...even though I STILL have over 100 lbs to lose!
Old 07-23-2016, 10:13 AM   #158  
Began WW OPP 7/19/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkstarberry View Post

Today I reached 30 lbs lost
That is so AWESOME!!! : cheer:
Old 07-24-2016, 09:23 AM   #159  
Gizmo

Pinkstarberry a huge congratulations on reaching 30 lbs lost!

Rennie we'll spend part of our vacation going to one of my husband's friends' family. I don't know them but they like my husband and so they invited us. We'll be there for a few days. We're not sure what we'll do the rest of the time.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Trying to get my eating under control today. Woke up back in the 240s (sigh). All of my own doing.
Old 07-24-2016, 09:46 AM   #160  
lovemylife001

Good Morning Everyone

Hope that everyone is having a great weekend

Martine Here's some Hope that you have a great day.

hi all around. Enjoy your Sunday!
Old 07-24-2016, 12:57 PM   #161  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Good morning friends

Catching up from the last couple of days. Triple digits on tap for the day with temps ranging from 102-106 degrees for the upcoming week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gale02 View Post
Curvy - Right?! I've been there. A few years ago I lost from 260 to 197, then regained to 293. However, having been there makes me so much more vigilant this time around. I don't let the number define me and I don't obsess over it, but I no longer look at it as "just a couple of pounds up."

I just finished changing sheets on my boys' bunk beds and promptly remembered why I don't change their sheets as often as I probably should. LOL! I HATE changing sheets on bunk beds, it's such a pain.
Gale02, you encapsulated my experience with maintenance an weight gain perfectly. That's exactly how it happened for me. It started with being a couple of pounds up and I would maintain that for a few weeks or even months, and then it would increase another pound or two and "maintenance" for that increase. Clothes still fit, I could still run, etc. All good, right? WRONG! While it didn't happen overnight all of those 2 pound increases added up and here I am. It reminds me of something Oprah wrote about in her book that she wrote with Bob Green, her trainer. This was the early 1990s when she had lost the weight through proper diet and exercise (not the liquid diet phase). It was an out take from her journal and she wrote something along the lines of, "I dream of the day where weight will no longer be an issue for me." I've shared that dream but have come to the realization that weight will always be an issue for me. Gaining weight is easy for me. Really easy. In your words Gale, constant vigilance! It certainly shouldn't consume me, but it does have to be monitored.

getting those sheets changed. No small feat that's for sure. It's tasks like those where a person needs to be able to manipulate their body that caring for one's health and losing weight really becomes evident. Thankfully I haven't regained all my weight so I can still count a number of things I can do easily since I'm not lugging around the extra fat. Of course other things have become a challenge again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martine View Post
Good morning everyone

Not a good week at all for me, I'm not even trying to be honest. I know I start my vacation in one week and I want to get everything done before I go, so I'm stressed out and working long hours and not planning my meals and not making time to exercise, etc. And like for some of you, just the tiniest deviation from my plan makes me gain weight rapidly.

I hope everyone is going to have a great Friday and a great weekend coming up. It's my husband's birthday tomorrow so a few things left to be done this morning. We don't plan big, we both like quiet celebrations. I'll take him out to a favourite restaurant of his and give him a spa package. And there will be cake and I will eat one slice. And then on Sunday I will try to get a grip.
Martine, I go into overdrive mode when I have a vacation coming up or I'm going to be out of town for any length of time. I want to get as much as I can done so it's not all waiting for me upon return. Why do we do this to ourselves?! I hope you had the opportunity to slow down and put work on the back burner so you and your husband could celebrate and enjoy his birthday. Was he surprised by the spa package?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkstarberry View Post
Today I reached 30 lbs lost I'm starting to notice a difference in the way some of my clothing fits, and I'm able to wear a few things that were too tight and uncomfortable a month ago. I feel like the first 10-15 lbs lost was probably mostly water weight since I didn't notice much difference in my body size, so now I'm really glad to finally feel my clothes becoming a little bit looser! I've been trying to walk almost everyday and I'm slowly working toward walking 10000 steps. Next month I might look into joining a gym so I can begin doing some weight lifting! Now that I've lost a bit of weight and feel my stamina has increased, I dont feel so embarrassed to exercise around other people...even though I STILL have over 100 lbs to lose!
Pinkstarberry, on your thirty pound weight loss!!! Your post just made me smile from ear to ear thinking about how great you must have felt trying on clothes that were a bit snug only last month! I can't think of better evidence that you're doing great things for your body and health. And it sounds like you have a great plan for your next steps Don't focus on the 100, just keep doing what you're doing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemylife001 View Post
Good Morning Everyone It's TGIF

It's been a long hot week lol. Hazel and I went for our walk earlier and the heat and humidity just takes a lot of you, ugh. I don't have a lot planned this weekend. I may do some food prep for the upcoming week. Have a great start to your weekend everyone
lovemylife001, sounds like you and Hazel have had your own heat and humidity issues. Don't know about you but the heat just sucks the life out of me. You two take it easy and keep hydrated out there on your walks

A wonderful Sunday to all!

Last edited by curvynotlumpy; 07-24-2016 at 02:14 PM.
Old 07-24-2016, 01:13 PM   #162  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2b150 View Post

Curvy, maybe some day the employee will come to understand what you were trying to tell him. Some people are so head strong they can only see what they want and everyone else around them are out to get them or pull them down. I work with a few like that. Grown ups that know it ALL, smh. Never taking into consideration you have been where they are and only have their best interest at heart. ... LOL Curvy I am getting to that point now also. So much so that my baby says "uh oh it's nap time" anytime I go to my room (silly girl) Sorry for the up but you know it's TOM so look for a nice whoosh when it leaves Curvy I like my salty first also but then I can never find anything sweet enough to crush the sweet need
Thank you for the encouraging words, Rennie. It's not the first discussion we've had about the same or similar challenges. Again, this is someone who is a very dependable and solid employee. The issue is in his desire to move up to managerial chain: coordinator, supervisor, etc. and not seeing that at his current level there are gaps in what we do where he could take initiative, develop ideas and close those gaps. If I ask him to do something he'll do it. No problem. However, he won't come to me with ideas and timelines to get something off the ground. In the same breath he'll tell me that he isn't an initiator AND that he's also ready to take the next step as a coordinator. How? How can that be? Admittedly, the conversations leave me drained and humbled as they also reveal my blind spots as a supervisor and how I handle conflict.

Regarding the salty and sweet dilemma. I love soda and have pretty much given it up except for a Diet Coke a couple of times per week. When I have a real sugar craving I'll reach for a fully loaded soda. Doesn't happen often but that's my pattern.

Last edited by curvynotlumpy; 07-24-2016 at 06:56 PM.
Old 07-25-2016, 08:38 AM   #163  

S/C/G: 200/193/140

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone.
Hope you all had a good weekend. Mine was a bit wacky and off where food was concerned. I didn't weigh myself this morning, kind of forgot until I had already had my coffee and was dressed for the day, so no point in my mind. We'll see where things stand tomorrow.
Talk soon!
Old 07-25-2016, 10:16 AM   #164  
lovemylife001

Good Morning Everyone

I hope that everyone had a great weekend It was nice but super and humid. I stayed on plan all weekend even though TOM is on the horizon I usually am off plan the whole time lol

I hope that everyone has a great start to their week
Old 07-25-2016, 10:34 AM   #165  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, lovelies!! I hope everyone had a great weekend! We spent 13 of 24 hours in the car over Friday/Saturday, and Sunday is really a work day for us since hubs is a pastor... so it was a not-so-restful weekend here.

TOM is still around (blerg) but my weight is back in my maintenance range - I was 155 this morning. I'm a little surprised since I had Chinese food for dinner last night and the sodium usually kills me.

Pinkstarberry - Congratulations on 30 lbs!! That's fantastic!! You keep doing what you're doing and the next hundred will take care of itself. Just focus on one at a time.

Last edited by Gale02; 07-25-2016 at 10:35 AM.
Closed Thread