Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2016, 12:53 PM   #76  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Krystal YAY for days off. I had today off my second Sunday in a row. What a blessing not to get up at 1:15 go to work, leave a 8:15 to get to church by 9. GO YOU on the 5 miles. I applaud you Our warm weather is coming tomorrow. I'm excited

Martine nice weigh in I enjoyed a movie and microwave popcorn last evening with part of the family. So relaxing ... it has been a great weekend Martine enjoy the weather

Angie I totally agree with you on food prep making the difference. I wish I was disciplined enough to do it and then actually eat what I prep'd Go YOU Angie that is funny ... I need to bash my hand when I go to pick them up. I've got to shake this thing or I'm gonna be 20lbs up soon, smh. LOL on the Jenny Craig ad. Someone told me about an ad blocker so I installed it on my laptop. I don't see anymore ads not even on MFP or ebay, so happy. It's adblock plus, the one with the stop sign and it's free Good job on your steady progress, keep up the great work

ap14, no more oinking or I'd have to join you and I'm not gonna list what I've been eating, Let's just say it's all been delicious but doesn't follow along any plan of weight loss

Trina, I'm sorry I pray you get some relief soon and are feeling better before you have to go to work

dcapulet great NSV while out yesterday ... the scent of pizza is so hard to resist, GOOD for YOU I'm on MFP "love2b136"

I'm enjoying my weekend
Old 03-06-2016, 01:29 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Good morning everyone

Hope everyone's Sunday is off to a great start and that the weekend has been a good one. We're recovering from a serious rainstorm that started mid-day yesterday and stuck around until around midnight. Much needed but there was local flooding and power outages. Another rain front is expected for later today. Right now it's and blue skies so I will enjoy it before the next wave of hits.

Weight remains stable between 207-208 lbs.

@dccapulet: No FP for me but I know lots of folks who really like the site and have reaped significant weight-loss rewards. For me it would just be another site to check into and I'm already challenged with the few online sites/threads I'm on.
on keeping those calories in check!

@K9Owner: Doesn't a true, honest to goodness day off feel good and refresh your spirit?! Sounds like you had a picture perfect day

@lovemylife001: I'm so sorry you got hit with that icky flu! It does bring a person to their knees but at some point things do get better. While it's not the way you want to spend your Monday off, that extra time to rest will help.

@ap14: You crack me up! I can totally relate to those days! It's rare that they're not fun, right?!

@Angie: I'm with Martine; a loss is a loss! As long as you're progressing down on the scale, I call that a win! But I do know that's harder to recognize/appreciate when the losses have been bigger and more noticeable. Do what you know you should be doing and the body will take care of itself.

@bigjoe: Semi low-carb, low-calorie was the key to my former success. And it didn't really seem like much of a sacrifice. The difference between then and now is that my mindset was on point. In regards to weight loss, my mind and body have both gotten flabby

@love2b150: and

Last edited by curvynotlumpy; 03-06-2016 at 02:17 PM.
Old 03-06-2016, 01:55 PM   #78  
~Rennie

Curvy, enjoy your day Glad you got your rain but sorry it's so much. I have the flabby brain and the big round gut to go with it
Old 03-06-2016, 02:21 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2b150 View Post
Curvy, enjoy your day Glad you got your rain but sorry it's so much. I have the flabby brain and the big round gut to go with it
Word!
Old 03-07-2016, 08:11 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 315.8/ 311.6/ 200

Height: 5'8"

March Goal- 282 lbs

3/1/16 - 288.8
3/2/16 - 287.8
3/3/16 - 287.0
3/4/16- 287.2
3/5/16- 286.6
3/6/16- NWI
3/7/16- 287.2
Old 03-07-2016, 08:55 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 200/193/140

Height: 5'5

So after maintaining all of last week, the scale finally moved... Upwards. Gain of 1.2 lbs, which I seem to have held on to throughout the weekend. I did do a bunch of food prep though, so I'm hoping that will help me tip the scales again. Hope everyone had a great weekend and is ready for a new week!
Old 03-07-2016, 09:23 AM   #82  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciao View Post

This is fine, but despite being in my calorie range of 1800 calories, I saw a gain. So today I'm going to drop it to 1700 calories and see if I have a loss tomorrow.

I felt very good yesterday. I wasn't feeling like I was overeating or cheating myself.
Didn't update yesterday but right now I'm at 198.6.
I feel like it really has to do with me not getting enough sleep, but just in case it's not, I'm going to try 1500 calories today. It's 100 calories above what I normally do so we will see how this does at tomorrow's weigh-in.
Old 03-07-2016, 09:25 AM   #83  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcapulet View Post
Oh yeah - is anyone here on myfitness pal? I love check in buddies!
I have one. Username on there is Sierraguillen. Nice weigh-in by the way!
Old 03-07-2016, 12:16 PM   #84  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

No loss for me after a POP weekend...grr. Still, TOM arrived today (a week early) so I'll probably have a drop soon. My first week of March added up to a whopping -0.6 lb loss..lol, it can only get better from here!

dcapulet -- Good job on resisting the pizza!

Martine -- It's our turn to have a beautiful sunny day here in Toronto...I can't wait to get out for a walk.

Rennie -- The ad blocker sounds great, I'll check that out for sure. I think part of the secret of food prep is to make stuff so good you won't feel like you are missing out, instead it's a special secret stash just for you. My big winner this weekend was a spinach dip I made and ate with veggies (celery or cucumbers) or low carb pita. It was 1 large tub of plain greek yogurt with 0% fat (500 g), 1 block of frozen spinach with the liquid all drained and squeezed out, 1 tbsp of mayo (I went with full fat since I was using so little), and one packet of dry vegetable soup mix. Mix them all up and let it sit for a while so the flavours develop and the veggies in the soup mix soften. I split this into 5 servings...so you get to have a lot of it at a sitting. I ate this for breakfast and lunch all weekend and it felt so indulgent! It would also be great to make if there was company coming...everyone loves spinach dip.

Curveynotlumpy -- Agreed, a loss is a loss..I'll take them all. In the long run, I may not be losing as fast as I like, but if I go off my plan I'll be even more unhappy with the results. Hope you are staying dry in all that rain!

Kukkie -- Sorry about that gain, I hope your food prep pays off.

Hello to everyone else! Have a lovely day
Old 03-07-2016, 12:33 PM   #85  
Free Fat to a Good Home!

S/C/G: 238.8/ticker/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2b150 View Post
[

ap14, no more oinking or I'd have to join you and I'm not gonna list what I've been eating, Let's just say it's all been delicious but doesn't follow along any plan of weight loss
I'm considering inventing a chocolate cake diet where all you get to eat is chocolate cake LOL. That'd be a great diet!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by curvynotlumpy View Post

@ap14: You crack me up! I can totally relate to those days! It's rare that they're not fun, right?!
It's all fun until you realize the damage you just did

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kukkie84 View Post
So after maintaining all of last week, the scale finally moved... Upwards. Gain of 1.2 lbs, which I seem to have held on to throughout the weekend. I did do a bunch of food prep though, so I'm hoping that will help me tip the scales again. Hope everyone had a great weekend and is ready for a new week!
Ugh Food prep is always good! Here's to a better week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciao View Post
Didn't update yesterday but right now I'm at 198.6.
I feel like it really has to do with me not getting enough sleep, but just in case it's not, I'm going to try 1500 calories today. It's 100 calories above what I normally do so we will see how this does at tomorrow's weigh-in.
Make sure you're drinking plenty of water (8+ glasses a day). When I don't drink water, the scale moves nowhere. It's really weird, but it works. If you can't stand regular water, throw in a little fresh lemon juice or one of those low calorie squeezy things (Mio, etc.).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie View Post
No loss for me after a POP weekend...grr. Still, TOM arrived today (a week early) so I'll probably have a drop soon. My first week of March added up to a whopping -0.6 lb loss..lol, it can only get better from here!
I'm still waiting on TOM...I wish he would just come already so I can get the gain over with! At least the gain won't last long

I had a great morning - I'm officially down 20! Woo hoo! Weighed in at 218.4 this morning (and was really surprised...fiber gummies help LOL). Haven't been this low since...hmm...probably spring of junior year? That was so long ago - almost 2yrs!

I'm going shopping this weekend (I asked for a shirt shopping spree for my birthday. Not buying pants just yet!). This week, I'm making sure that I get the most out of my workouts and that I follow my nutrisystem to the tee. I can't afford a gain before I shop LOL. I'm going out for dinner 3x next week, so that means no "weekend" days this week. Guess it's better anyway - TOM is coming any day now and I need to be as slim as possible for shopping.

Hope everyone is doing well! I'm off to watch some TV before I leave for class!
Old 03-07-2016, 02:27 PM   #86  
~Rennie

Happy Monday to ALL

Curvy

Doin' good Joe

Kukkie we are not gonna talk about tipping the scale, mine has flipped Good job on the food prep

Angie .6 is very good (at least I think so) and I like the thought of this --> I think part of the secret of food prep is to make stuff so good you won't feel like you are missing out, instead it's a special secret stash just for you. and your dip sounds really really good I may have to give it a shot. thanks

LOL ap14 well considering I just ate a chocolate cupcake I think I may just enjoy that diet and this is so true --> It's all fun until you realize the damage you just did but I don't realize the damage until I get up the next morning bloated and my rings are too tight to come off ... on 20LBS GONE Shirt shopping sound like fun ... I hate shopping for bottoms anyway ... it's an exercise in itself just to try them on

Hope everyone is having a great day
Old 03-08-2016, 08:13 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 315.8/ 311.6/ 200

Height: 5'8"

@bigjoe: Semi low-carb, low-calorie was the key to my former success. And it didn't really seem like much of a sacrifice. The difference between then and now is that my mindset was on point. In regards to weight loss, my mind and body have both gotten flabby

I gotcha curvy.

Had a good day yesterday.... Got in 10,462 Steps yesterday.... Been a long tome since I avg 6,000-8,000 on the weekday and 1,000-2,000 on the weekend.
Got my 15 min walk in last night which - Had a nice drop today...

March Goal- 282 lbs

3/1/16 - 288.8
3/2/16 - 287.8
3/3/16 - 287.0
3/4/16- 287.2
3/5/16- 286.6
3/6/16- NWI
3/7/16- 287.2
3/8/16- 285.6
Old 03-08-2016, 09:00 AM   #88  

S/C/G: 200/193/140

Height: 5'5

Good morning

I'm down 0.7 to 206.9. I'm sure it could have been more if I hadn't had those 4 cookies and handful of chips, oh wait and the caramel squares (I love caramel). What was I thinking? Oh right, I wasn't. Snack monster got the best of me. Sigh. Must atone.
Old 03-08-2016, 09:10 AM   #89  
Gizmo

ap14 yes to those 20 pounds gone!

bigjoe you are doing so great, both on getting more steps in and losing weight, keep it up!

ciao I like that you keep readjusting and trying new "combinations" to see if your weight will move.

love2b150 curvynotlumpy Kukkie84 angieand everyone else.

So I am back to report that I did not do 1 hour of exercise on Sunday. In fact, I did no exercise at all. I am really struggling with getting back into it, I average 0-1 workout per week, clearly not enough.

Soon I'll be getting my stuff ready for an overnight work trip to Toronto. Wish I could stay home instead. At least it's only for 1 day, I'll eat whatever is provided at head office and hope for the best.

01: 233.0
02: 233.0
03: 232.6
04: 231.8
05: 231.4
06: 232.0
07: 231.4
08: 231.2
Old 03-08-2016, 09:43 AM   #90  
lovemylife001

S/C/G: 180/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7

Good Tuesday Morning Everyone

Hope everyone had a great weekend and start to their week. I was so sick at one point I was considering going to the emergency room. I'm starting to feel a tad better today. Having yesterday off really helped because I still didn't want to get out of the bed. Today I managed to take Hazel on a short 1 mile walk, that's all I could do. After our walk I went to vote, today is our Primary election.

Hope everyone has a great day. I'll be back tomorrow
Closed Thread