Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2016, 12:15 PM   #451  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

JellyBelly: Congrats! Nice loss!

Lemonthyme: That sounds like a lot of work for winterizing your garden. Kind of sad to see it all go away. I don't have a garden, but the farmers' markets are all starting to wind down. Just love the freshness of the local produce.

For me, body flow was really good on Friday. I could tell a lot that day, feeling like I had loosened up some of the stiffness. I will say that on Saturday, I was feeling some soreness all over. I think it will be a good addition, though, so I'll keep going with it.

I didn't get on the scale today. Well, I did, but it was heading to a number I didn't want to see, so I got back off. Maybe tomorrow. I'm just not doing well on the weekends at all. I do think that part of it is that I'm just ready for vacation. In a couple of weeks, we're going for a week to do some elk hunting. It is a great time for me, because we just get away from everything and it is just my husband and me. I feel kind of like I'm on hold until we get there. The good thing is that it is an active vacation and I tend to lose weight while I'm there. But, I also know that after last year's hunting, I went into relaxed mode and ended up gaining weight, which is what I am still working on losing. So, need to be a little more mindful on that when I'm back. It gets so tough with holidays approaching......
Old 09-26-2016, 08:45 PM   #452  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Slash: sometimes a vacation is nice for weight loss especially when you are spending more time with your guy enjoying the sites or outdoors. Are you heading out west? In WI they have been reintroducing elk to the state from KY. Frankly it doesn't excite me as a driver just because we already have so high of car/deer collisions, but just seeing one in nature would be intriguing (so I guess I defeat my argument) just not in front of my car. Enjoy your journies!

AM: I DID IT! I finally got off my duff and got to the gym. I set my timer for 30 mins since I've not ridden for so long. I made it 25 mins/7.9 miles and then said duff gave out on the seat. Now to add a bit more each day and stick with it. So my mini goal is to get there tomorrow morning though it means falling out of bed by 5 to get there so I can get back home and get kids fed/ready for school so if I get there fab and if I bike 5+ more minutes I will meet my mini goal. So let's hope it gets hit.

Off to watch the debate and see what's up in that realm. Not my most fav thing to do but it needs to be done.

Happy evening all! May you all have a mini goal you hit.
Old 09-26-2016, 10:01 PM   #453  

S/C/G: 229/229/145

Height: 5'4"

Come on girls we can do it!!!
Old 09-27-2016, 09:51 AM   #454  

Nope didn't hit my goal for 5 am - I had a child who was up in the night. Always, always I shouldn't make plans more than 4 hours in advance! Hah. I will still try to get there this evening but it will be late and that means the weirdos generally are in weightlifting and making weird noises.

I feel discouraged today for lots of reasons, no pollyanna here. I will get over it like I usually do. I will say, I wish it were easier to get this weight off, to watch and make it simple what I am eating as well. It's not, it's something I need to work hard on. I think I make wise choices and my scale laughs at me and tells me no.

So I will try to get some home projects done today and maybe if my hip is behaving a 1/2 mile walk w/my LO. If I walk more than that I have a lot of pain issues, hence the bicycle. I will make my mini of the mini goal staying on the bike for 35 mins. If I do more, fabulous.

Good luck to you all with your weighins and I hope your scale doesn't laugh at you like mine did.
Old 09-27-2016, 11:43 AM   #455  
Diane

Lemonthyme: We actually don't go too far away. It is about 1 1/2 hours away, just heading up to the mountains. The thing with elk, they are more wary than deer, so you don't see too much for collisions with cars. But, they are also a lot bigger, so if it does happen, it is not a good thing for anyone. Sorry you are feeling discouraged. I get what you mean. Sometimes you just feel that way and then in time, it passes. Good job on getting the riding in!

For me, I didn't weigh in. I might tomorrow. We'll see how it goes. I went to Body Pump this morning, but I didn't run last night. If the weather holds, I think we'll try to hike tonight.
Old 09-28-2016, 04:04 PM   #456  
Ice Cream Slave

S/C/G: Waist size: 20/20/8

LemonThyme: Thanks for the support! I usually never do a mid-week weigh-in but I did today, and I think I might lose 3 lbs this week! Yes!

Zumba class has been super fun as always this week.

The last time I was in the 220's was in 2008 or 2009.

Slash: Thanks!

I just bought myself a more comfortable seat for spin class, and I'm about to buy some more colorful gym wear. Somebody commented that it seems like I'm trying to "hide" at the gym because 100% of my gym clothes are either black or grey. It made me feel an emotional twinge so that must mean there is some truth to it.

This weight loss journey is more of a psychological journey than anything else. So bring on the hot pink spandex (not really lol).
Old 09-29-2016, 02:05 PM   #457  

Jelly: I wonder what people think as I wear my skull/crossbone shirt when I go. Maybe it says leave me alone. Hah! Good for you on brighter gear. My bday is soon enough and maybe I'll get myself some new leggings right now I wear oldie moldie black yoga pants some w bleach staining (yeah rust colored splotches all over). Sometimes I think you do more when you feel good about yourself and if colored clothing does it then move into. You can't wonder what others think when you do this. Do what makes you pause and smile at yourself!

Slash: how'd the hike go? How's your scale? Mine, I'm not on speaking terms with. It's just been a week lots of ups and downs in all facets. I do hope you do well at the end of the week and have a nice surprise.

AM: fighting and loosing the fight this week and it's been a battle each and everyday. The only constant has been that I'm reminded the scale is sitting in the same spot day in and out. I'll just keep trying that's all.

I got some of the last plants planted today so hopefully they'll be in the ground long enough before frost. One can hope. With that there was some movement for me, especially when lugging and dumping 40lb wet bags of topsoil. Did I burn a lot calorie wise? I'd like to think so. In general thought, probably not though. Same thing w laundry and home cleaning, I can hope I burn extra; but, blah probably not. I'm waiting for TOM but it's late and I'm bloaty and cranky, and food has been easy to search out as I just baked what I was craving. Can you say bad?!

So I will grumble on and fight some more. And I hope that I can get myself headed back in the right direction! I'll get there ladies but it's taking time lots and lots of time.

Happy day to you all.
Old 09-30-2016, 12:56 PM   #458  
Diane

Jelly: It's funny. For the longest time, I was wearing these loose capris and loose t-shirts to the gym. Finally, when I had lost enough weight that I was having trouble keeping them up, I bought some capri-length yoga type pants, and I went to tank tops since I was always so hot. That was when people really noticed that I had lost a lot of weight. I think that sometimes we are just trying to hide ourselves, but we end up looking and feeling kind of frumpy. So, have some fun with your shopping!!

Lemonthyme: Yeah, I'm not really relating to my scale at all. I do plan on getting back on it on Monday, but for now I just didn't want to look. Not a good thing, but I just needed to look the other way for a while. So, I'm kind of with you, I'm just not completely focused. Honestly, I kind of doubt that I'll get it completely back on track until after hunting season. That kind of has my focus. Unfortunately, that's still 2 weeks away.

I went to the gym last night to run, and I did run for about 20 minutes. Then I wanted to get on the stair treadmill. I only wanted to do about 10 minutes of that, so I did. I went very slow, but oh my gosh... I was sweating like crazy and completely worn out. That thing kills me. I felt very stiff last night, and this morning. So, when I went to body flow, it was a struggle to get going with it. But I do think it helped loosen up the stiffness.

Well, have a good weekend all!
Old 10-01-2016, 09:51 AM   #459  

S/C/G: 273/Ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi all! I hope your September has been going well! Sorry I've been MIA, was traveling, sometimes without internet! Here's to a successful October for you all! I look forward to catching up with you.
Old 10-01-2016, 06:45 PM   #460  
Ice Cream Slave

S/C/G: Waist size: 20/20/8

Lost 2.2. lbs this week!

I'm going to be super happy once I get to a BMI < 40 which will be at about 215 lbs as then I will go from Class III to Class II obesity (one of my mini-goals). Yes!
Old 10-01-2016, 08:23 PM   #461  

S/C/G: 249.9/213/180

Height: 5Ft 7In

Hi! I'm kinda new here (keep coming back after falling off the wagon). I know I benefit more with support around me. Can I join you guys?
Old 10-04-2016, 09:03 AM   #462  

Hi DoxieMommy and JellyBelly! Hi Slashnl and Lemonthyme! I hope your weeks are going good so far! I'm still just slowing chugging thru 230s, but I keep seeing little hints of the 220s, keeps me motivated. (Like my scale bounces down there prior to settling on 231!) I haven't seen the 220s since my mid 20s, phew, it feels good to be close. Be well and I wish you all slow and steady losses!
Old 10-04-2016, 10:08 AM   #463  

Hello! I am so not on point, my TOM was delayed (yeah age!), I have felt like a big old oinker, I am not on the scale and I am gnoshing chocolate as I can find it. I hope that this all straightens out and I can come off this going great guns once it's moved on. I don't know why I'm having such issues of late. I did well for breakfast today, and I aim to keep the water going. I noticed the last two days i was lax on that and my body told me so. So water is commencing.

I don't even have halloween candy in the house, so that's a plus, but geez when it gets you it gets you! How do you all stay strong when these crazy things come up?

The month of october I am going to try my darnedest to get to gym more often and see if I can conquer the 230s in time for my birthday. I am making myself a new dress for our hopeful dinner out to celebrate my day. Just a wrap dress, but those can still look nice even if I take off some weight. I'll just wrap a bit more.

Heres to the continued trying. Good luck!
Old 10-04-2016, 12:58 PM   #464  
Diane

Lemonthyme: Hope that you have a successful October. It would be fun to celebrate getting out of the 230's for your birthday!! So, after the chocolate cravings pass, you can move forward!!

kittens: Nice! Getting close to somewhere you haven't been for quite a while is a great thing!!

DoxieMommy: Welcome! Looking forward to getting to know you!

JellyBelly: Congrats on the loss!

For me, I am still staying clear of the scale. Not sure why, just not up for dealing with that right now. I'm really coasting into vacation. I don't go until October 14th, but I think I've already checked out. I'm just trying to keep a little control in place so that I don't go way up!!

Still working out, but hiking isn't happening as much. The weather is changing, and then the days are getting shorter, so after work is not light for quite as long. Darn.
Old 10-04-2016, 02:24 PM   #465  

Hi Slashnl and LemonThyme!

Slash: I feel that the darn scale is sometimes too much with us. A lady in my weight loss support group doesn't weight except for during group visits... she finds that tempers her response to the ups and downs.. And there are so many!!

Lemon: Ugh, I just hit my TOM too. And hard. It is the worst. Here's to all the water drinking and feeling better sometime soon. And Wrap dresses are rad no matter what size you are. Kudos that you can make your own!

Hope you all have a good week!
K
Closed Thread