Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2016, 07:44 PM   #211  

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMyFeet View Post
Congrats, Misti! It really must be nice to be excited about shopping for clothes.

Dang! It'll take 30 or so more lbs before I can wear that size. I like that store, too, but none are close by.
Thanks!!! And Catherine's has the same nice sales online, and they do take things back if they do not fit properly. My biggest problem with their blouses (and with every other store) is that most are way too short; but lately they have started giving the length.. which is nice because in the past I have emailed them about their not giving that info.
Old 06-26-2016, 11:17 PM   #212  

S/C/G: 290/seeticker/199

Height: 5'6''

That's awesome, Misti! I bought a pair of pants in a straight 16 at Kohl's, but they are not ready to wear out of the house for another 10lbs are so.

Hi seemyfeet! Thanks for info on the Moh's. Sometimes I am very sorry I got this medical degree from Google University . I love the real-life stories; they help scale back my panic.

I wish I had a Catherine's closer. My only choices around here are Kohl's, Sears, and a tiny selection at TJ Maxx. Are there still Fashion Bug stores around?
Old 06-26-2016, 11:31 PM   #213  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandnewday View Post
That's awesome, Misti! I bought a pair of pants in a straight 16 at Kohl's, but they are not ready to wear out of the house for another 10lbs are so.

Hi seemyfeet! Thanks for info on the Moh's. Sometimes I am very sorry I got this medical degree from Google University . I love the real-life stories; they help scale back my panic.

I wish I had a Catherine's closer. My only choices around here are Kohl's, Sears, and a tiny selection at TJ Maxx. Are there still Fashion Bug stores around?
on the pants!! I too have some that I bought a long time ago before I gained back 13 of the pounds I lost (and have now lost again). I am really close to being able to get into them again... lol a couple of pair still have the tags on them.

And Catherine's has a gorgeous online shopping on their website and a 90-day return policy. I ordered stuff there today that they did not have in the store, and now have $50 in Catherine's Cash which are effective starting tomorrow and which I plan to use.
Old 06-27-2016, 11:25 AM   #214  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Yeah for all of you on your loss and clothes fitting! Mine are snug today - my shorts, but they were already second hand, what do I expect? I weigh in tomorrow, so hopefully I am still down those 2 lbs. Argh!

I will be starting my fall type activities, I just put strawberries in the freezer for future use and will cook down some tomorrow to make jam for the family. As the summer progresses it will be all my other produce. I discovered a really good salsa recipe and that's been a joy in the cold months to pull out to have - kind of like summer in a glass jar when we have inches of snow and below zero temps.

Discovered why our house is sporadically not feeling warm in winter and cold in summer - seems when we had work crews to the house they removed all of our attic insulation to one side and never moved it back. Now mind you, who goes up to their attic to inspect if you have already had the work done in the past? Can you say FRUSTRATED with all the trades of late? You'd hope they treat your home like their own.

Weight weight be gone! Welcome to all new ones!
Old 06-27-2016, 11:59 AM   #215  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Welcome to SeeMyFeet!

Well, had a disappointing weigh-in today. I have not had a change from last Monday. I was down quite a bit as of Friday, but it seems to have jumped back up. I didn't feel like I had an off plan weekend, but maybe it was worse than I thought. I had some extra exercise over the weekend, and my legs are pretty sore, so I'm not sure if I'm just retaining some extra weight or water, but I'll own it and move on.
Old 06-27-2016, 08:09 PM   #216  

Hoping for something good tomorrows scale - tonight none of us were really hungry so we had breakfast for dinner - a good egg for dipping! Enlighten me group - how the heck do you get back in earnest to exercising when you have taken a brief hiatus? I have no desire to do so, is it just summer? laziness? Probably both. Any encouraging thoughts of such? I know I feel better and my scale always generally looks better when I move.
Old 06-28-2016, 09:27 AM   #217  

Nothing great w my weigh in. 238 which is not the 242 I was at the other week. Of course I'm on this course right now where I'm not regular so I'm sure that contributes to some of it. How nice it would be to keep that functioning and before a weigh in! Alas not me.

So far so good on the breakfast will see how long that takes me until a snack. Some days I'm really good other days not so much. Today I didn't have an egg as I need to run to the grocery so stretching those out until I go. What do you all like for a summer lunch? I'm vetoing salads right now. I've been having lots of crudités and string cheese. Not necessarily the lunch of champions. New ideas needed.

Hope you all are good. I need to remain focused and I'm finding that hard right now. So any ideas on how to get going in earnest again on all fronts. I have managed to stay in the same range for too long and would like to get it going again. I guess in the short term I just feel like I am not doing a good job with this. I see others successes and would like that for myself, but as I have said before I have been having a heck of a time remaining committed to calories and exercise. I am filling my days w/all things mom and household related keeping them both running and by the end of day am zapped for going to the gym (one of the 2 times of day I could get it in). I guess I am frustrated that things aren't working the way I'd love them to be.

Enough wallowing. Time to get the clothes on the line, another load in and get my kids doing a project. Happy day to you all!

Last edited by lemonthyme; 06-28-2016 at 09:49 AM.
Old 06-28-2016, 10:01 AM   #218  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Down 2lb today!

Bad dreams again, and tired, and have to race off to work. Another long day of it...
Old 06-28-2016, 12:21 PM   #219  
Diane

SeeMyFeet: Congrats on the 2 pounds!!

Lemonthyme: It is so hard to keep on track and then when you have something that happens to take you completely off your game, it is almost impossible to get it back. I think that with having the kids around for summer and trying to keep them busy would make it hard to concentrate on yourself. I am not a good one to give advice on getting back on track. It has taken me most of this year to get consistent, and I'm still not quite back to where I was before. My only suggestion would be to make a plan and then really stick to it. If you wait to see what you decide to eat, or if you decide to go exercise, it may not happen. For me, I do it with logging food and exercise. If I'm consistent with logging, I tend to do better. I will make a plan and then sometimes I have to really push to make it happen. I think about the saying: Motivation only takes you as far as the start, dedication is what takes you to your goal.

As for me, I am rebounding from scale disappointment yesterday. I got on the scale and it is down, so that helped. I won't change my ticker until next Monday, for a good comparison. So far, I've been doing well with food and exercise. Went hiking with my son last night and that was really fun. Went to Body Pump this morning, and running after work. I should be able to see some love from the scale, but I also need to just keep doing my plan. It won't help to get discouraged and give up!
Old 06-28-2016, 07:42 PM   #220  

S/C/G: 290/seeticker/199

Height: 5'6''

It is hard to stay focused and motivated. The only thing keeping me on track right now is that I am working now, and take my lunch. Not being around food is about the only way I don't nibble at it all day long. I am also sticking to my personal rule of not eating anything after 8pm.

I can't get motivated to exercise. It's too hot, I'm too tired. You know - excuses numbers 9 through 87 .

My weight is moving along (226.8 today!), but we are taking a trip to see my son in DC next week. I know myself - I will either make myself (and my family) miserable by trying to micromanage my diet, or I will throw up my hands and eat it all. There doesn't seem to be a middle ground for me.

I hope you all had a good day
Old 06-28-2016, 08:13 PM   #221  

Well I figured I'd start small and am beginning my 3rd jug of water so that will make 99oz before bed unless I do one more -DH and I will be watching the movie Brooklyn after kids go to bed. I mean how exciting water but hey I'm trying to get it in me. When I drink a lot I eat less. So small changes today hopefully keep going the rest of the week.

I looked at myself in the mirror. Oh my upper arms I inherited from many women in my family. I know they can go away but it takes a lot of work (they left when I use to lap swim). Though I have a pool this summer it's hard to get there for just myself unless it's a weekend and I don't think they have morning hours for lap. So I will try to get those arms moving in some way.

Here's to my 99th ounce.
Old 06-28-2016, 09:12 PM   #222  

Hi everyone. Just checking in to say hi; I have gotten behind in reading around the forum but wanted you all to know I am thinking about you and getting caught up.

Old 06-29-2016, 08:12 AM   #223  

Well successful on my 99 oz however I need to remember not to drink most of it before bed. Hah. I will attempt as much today and hope I can do so. Discovered my LO is climbing and getting into the medicine cabinet he's only eaten tums but geez there are few places this kid can't figure out where to get into.

My body felt totally bloated and blimpy like last night. I don't feel that way this morning. I decided to eat some fiber the good old kind of shredded wheat. I'll see if that helps today. I hate when my body gets off track in that department. I'll weigh in tomorrow I'm behind on doing that today due to waking late and running to get kids out the door for swim.

Good luck to all of you that you have ease in dealing w the diet today. Make one change that makes you happy and smile.
Old 06-29-2016, 09:27 AM   #224  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Hey all...quick post before work...running late again...accountability and all...

BND--I'm also trying to shorten my "eating window" and close the kitchen earlier. I'm hanging around an IF group here as well to help get me started and keep focus. I'm really not sure what the best approach is: trying to keep insulin spikes low by eating smaller meals and snacks all day, versus prolonging the time between insulin spikes. Well, the nibbling all day approach has not been working, so I'm switching things up. And embracing some hunger.

Slash...wish I could get my kiddos to do something with me...they're both in some kind of phase...hope it doesn't last much longer...

Up 0.6lb (I'm a bouncybouncy), but down 4lb from my latest high from Fri. Too much work, not enough exercise and sunshine , and lively dreams.
Old 06-29-2016, 11:27 AM   #225  
Diane

BrandNewDay: Sometimes surviving is all we have at the moment. You have made some progress, so congrats on that!! I hope your trip doesn't derail you. I struggle with things like that. If it is an extended family thing, there is always a lot of food. Just my family, and it isn't quite as bad because I try to control it!!

Lemonthyme: Congrats on the water. That should help with the bloated issues, too. I have a little benefiber that I use occasionally to help with that. Good luck securing all of the stuff in your house!! Ha!

Misti: Hi! Glad you checked in!

SeeMyFeet: Gotta love it when kids go through their phases. I get that. So frustrating sometimes. Sorry for the bump up on the scale, but that's not bad. And overall, you're doing great!!! Yay!

As for me, the scale looked great this morning. It was down to 232.8. I'm not calling it a victory yet, but that was nice to see. I went running last night and I've been very diligent with my food plan, so maybe I can keep it under control through the weekend and see a good loss. I want to be out of the 230's so bad. I hate it when you're still trying to lose old weight from a prior regain.

My son and I are going hiking again tonight. Looking forward to it!!
Closed Thread