Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2016, 11:35 PM   #61  

S/C/G: Highest:266/T/Size 8

Height: 5'4

lemonthyme - Low energy days are tough. I've always struggled with the water thing, so I know the feeling... Prince was a shocker! My... manfriend (not sure what to call him! HA!) is a bass player here in Seattle. He is kind of losing his mind over Prince's death. Its interesting to see all the different reactions.

healthyliving - thanks so much! The low-cal flavoring is a good idea, I never considered adding those sugar-free syrups to them. Thanks!!

Cupcake- I like the idea of you sticking around too, helps feel like those 210s are close

Slashnl - Your running is inspiring! I've got to start added exercise to the equation.
Old 04-22-2016, 09:13 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Sarah: Sorry your manfriend is finding Prince's death hard to take. I think when anyone dies young it's kind of a shock. I was reading today all these articles indicating he "predicted" his death in a song from 1986 or because he said save your prayers at last weekends gig - maybe the man just died because he was sick. Its interesting to see the worlds reaction. The worst interview I saw was a guy outside Paisley Park in MSP who said "I really loved HER music, SHE was such an icon, I grew up with HER" (he looked 16) - I'm sorry, I laughed out loud w/such nonsense, it made you wonder if he wanted his 2 seconds of fame or not. I enjoyed his music and his flair - it kind of shook everything up.

How's your weight going?

Fiery: Oh heck - stick with us - maybe your success will spur us all on to get out of these two decades of craziness! Hope todays scale looked good.

Slashni: How are you doing? How'd the run go?

healthy: do you have issues w/any of the lo-cal sweetness? I can't do those, I get horrible headaches. I'd like to do smoothies, but I am afraid I'd have more in my carb window then not. I have to watch too what I am ingesting in the morning due my medicines as not to counteract. I think there is always something!

AM: My frame of mind is to lose weight, my heart seems wishy washy on this whole subject. I don't want to regain the weight I have lost but I am also not doing too well to take weight off right now. I keep trying but then I get to mid day and it's like I need sweets. It's hard right now to battle that urge. I get excited to see the scale go down and then I guess I indulge a bit more than I should and it goes back up. Thats part of why I have been stuck in the 230s for what seems FOREVER. I get right down to 231 and go right back up to 235. UGH.

So I am bit frustrated. Maybe we can encourage each other with a small challenge of weight? Can I ask those of you who have littles in your house, how do you fit in exercise? Any ideas would be great. I am trying to fit in some stretching while DS is napping and now that the weather is nicer we can get outside. But sometimes those don't feel like I am doing much, especially if DS and I am walking - he's still a toddler so his little legs don't walk fast like his mama and he's too big for his stroller anymore so to help him along with his pace I slow way down.

Well I aim to do better today. Each day if I can add one more good thing then bad I think I doing better on this journey. Happy day to you all - may your scales send you nice numbers this am!
Old 04-22-2016, 01:11 PM   #63  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Lemonthyme: I would be on board with a challenge! The first few months of this year have had me stuck. Actually, not stuck... I have gone up in weight a little bit. Makes me so mad. Right now, I'm slightly higher than I was last year at this time, so it feels like I'm wasting time on this. Workouts and exercise are not my problem, just have trouble curbing my appetite. So, I think we all can use some extra push on getting weight off. I have grown children, so I can't help you with that. It is so hard to find time when they are little. I know I didn't start losing weight until they were grown. Part (most) of it was because I didn't dedicate myself to it, but the other part is just that you put so much time into what they are doing, that you don't get time for yourself. I feel your pain!

Sarah: Thanks! I don't always love running, but I love the results. Workouts are good for me. That's the one area I have good efforts. Tell us how the smoothies turn out!!

For me, I was down a little on the scale this morning, so hopefully, I can keep with it through the weekend. I struggle so much with that!! Maybe I need to make a better effort to check in here this weekend since I normally don't. Maybe that would help!!
Old 04-22-2016, 01:30 PM   #64  

Unhappy Hit a Plateau?

Hi,

I have been following IP for 4 1/2 weeks religiously but feel that I have hit a plateau. That seems a little too early so I wanted to seek your advice. I have the shake in the morning, IP package and 2 cups of raw vegs with 1 TBS of oil and Lemon Juice for lunch, 8 oz of chicken (baked in the oven) with 2 cups of raw Vegs with 1 tbs of oil and lemon juice. I have one restricted bar for snack. I have over the required water and once a day I have a 500 ml of crystal light in my water. I take all the supplements.

I"m not sure if I need to add protein, stop the restricted for a short time and then start again, if the crystal light is wrong. I'm just not sure! Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-22-2016, 03:21 PM   #65  

S/C/G: Highest:266/T/Size 8

Height: 5'4

lemon - Geeze, SHE?! How odd. The manfriend used to be compared to Prince back in the late 80s I guess. Manfriend is 14 years older than me (but could pass for only 5 years older) and I think he is just starting to feel his mortality. It's odd how something in the media can bring up stuff for people personally. I'm all for a little challenge. Hmmm, I'm trying to think what my challenge could be... probably logging all my calories on LoseIt again. That was super helpful last time. As for the exercise with kids, my kiddos are in school now but I know it is so hard to get in fitness. When my kiddos were smaller, I had a membership to the Y which provided free childcare. It was awesome. Honestly, the major GYM incentive was the fact that I'd get a break from the kids! Ha! If afternoon sweet cravings happen, is there a way to shift a snack around to give yourself a little planned sweet around that time? If you were able to pair that with the time you worked out (easier said then done) the sugar doesnt impact your blood sugar as much. I am all about not fitting the urges, etc, just finding a way to make it all fit and work together.

slash - Woohoo on the downward momentum. Do you have any plans this weekend?

SR- What is IP? Sorry, I can be dense about the abbreviations.
Old 04-22-2016, 05:05 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 241/223.4/150

Height: 5'4"

My weight went up about a pound today to 217.6, celebrated end of semester with my hubby last night and we went to red lobster, planned on being good but I was beyond starving! Not going to get discouraged though, I'm still doing really well with everything, hoping to hit my goal of 210 by Mothers day! I know when a lot of people start this journey they think they have to workout hardcore and never indulge period and that just sets you up for failure. You don't have to do hours of exercise, you can have a candy car or a piece of cake, you just have to plan. I have actually lost more weight with not working out 5 days a week but I do get out and I am active as much as possible. Don't think that just because you didn't get to do 30 minutes of cardio today you have failed. I know my biggest thing was feeling discouraged, feeling like I've failed and then I would give up, now I just brush off any setbacks and get myself back on track. I could feel guilty about eating bad yesterday but that's not going to help me any and it's just going to make me feel worse. Be gentle with yourself, it's a long hard journey and there will be setbacks, the key is to keep going in spite of them.
Old 04-24-2016, 01:06 PM   #67  
Diane

Fiery: Glad you could enjoy Red Lobster! I'll bet that the one pound will come off quickly. Sometimes you can only restrict so much. I agree with you that sometimes you have to be able to live. I also agree with the percentages of 80% food, 20% exercise to lose weight. I find that doing some hardcore exercising is what makes me stronger and more fit, and that's why I do it. I think it helps with weight loss, but not alone. I try to keep normal, everyday foods in my life and keeping calorie counts down rather than dieting since I want this to be long term, and a lifestyle.

Sarah: No plans this weekend, just stuff. Doing anything fun? I didn't get on here yesterday, but wanted to check in today to keep on track!!!

SRendell: How long have you been at the plateau? I think that sometimes your body needs to "regroup" and if you stay with your program, you'll get back to losing. That said, I could not do your plan for very long. I am not sure what IP stands for either, but it seems to me that you aren't getting much for protein. However, if it feels right for you, more power to you! And just keep with it!!

Have a good rest of the weekend!!
Old 04-25-2016, 07:14 AM   #68  

Slashni: hope your weekend went well! How is your running going? Do you run outside or on a treadmill or a track?

Sarah: I don't have access to a Y that's easy to get to, my gym is attached to the local nursing home that they have open 24/7 to members, during the day its used for residents physical therapy which they take precedence for machine use. I am sure one of the oldsters would love my little one but no kid sitting for me. Hence my odd hours of moving the body. This week might be on hiatus as we have a big family celebration this coming weekend. So the household chores/cleaning/shopping and trying to find something I set aside "for safe keeping" will have to be done!

Fiery: I wouldn't worry about that pesky pound. Did you have a nice dinner out w/your boyfriend and a good time on date night? That pound will come off and you will go forward as you are aware of what's going on. Whats your form of exercise that is helping you?

SRendell: Welcome - I don't know about your type of diet so I can't be much help. But in general sometimes if we change up what we have been doing and add something new like a different type of exercise or the like the weight begins to move again.

Hello ALL!

AM: This week I don't know how or where I will fit in the exercise. I will try my best. As I said to Sarah - family celebration - but the good new is my menu I am offering is fairly good on calories, I don't have to do the rolls or the cake, but most everything else is fresh veggies/fruit and simple salads. But this is something we celebrate once in this kids life, so we are going to have fun. I am just hoping the forecast improves, I am to have a good chunk of people here and I had hoped to use my deck and porch for overflow, but right now it says it's to be cool and rainy I keep saying to my DH that I hope the weather blows right on out of here by Thursday.

Did fairly well this weekend. Even got myself a new dress made for said event. It's wrap dress and its showing a bit of my weight gone nicely. And by the time I throw on the spanx even better.

Happy day to you all.
Old 04-25-2016, 01:09 PM   #69  

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryCupcake View Post
My weight went up about a pound today to 217.6, celebrated end of semester with my hubby last night and we went to red lobster, planned on being good but I was beyond starving! Not going to get discouraged though, I'm still doing really well with everything, hoping to hit my goal of 210 by Mothers day! I know when a lot of people start this journey they think they have to workout hardcore and never indulge period and that just sets you up for failure. You don't have to do hours of exercise, you can have a candy car or a piece of cake, you just have to plan. I have actually lost more weight with not working out 5 days a week but I do get out and I am active as much as possible. Don't think that just because you didn't get to do 30 minutes of cardio today you have failed. I know my biggest thing was feeling discouraged, feeling like I've failed and then I would give up, now I just brush off any setbacks and get myself back on track. I could feel guilty about eating bad yesterday but that's not going to help me any and it's just going to make me feel worse. Be gentle with yourself, it's a long hard journey and there will be setbacks, the key is to keep going in spite of them.
Hi FieryCupcake, It sounds like you are doing some great work. Congrats on finishing the semester. I wanted to share that I have the same exact experiemce when I go to a restaurant hungry - it is SO much harder to make healthy choices! Ususally an hour or so before going to a restaurant, I will have an apple (usually works the best) a small salad, or half a protein bar so I am not starving when I walk in the door. Not being super hungry supports me to make a better choice. Sometimes I even look at the menu online before going, and make my decision so I don't even have to open the menu when I get to the restaurant. I love your philosophy on exercise as it is definitely not an all-or-nothing thing. Building activity into your normal routine helps me to lose weight and also keep it off. Keep at it!!
Old 04-26-2016, 11:45 AM   #70  
Diane

Lemonthyme: How nice that you have a new dress for this celebration, and that it shows some results of all of your efforts! That has to be exciting. I'm hoping that the weather cooperates for you. On my running, it depends on the weather and time of year. In the winter, I go to the gym and use the treadmill, partially because of the weather, but also because it is dark when I get off work. When I can, I run on this trail that goes along the river. That's my favorite. But, when it gets hot in the summer, I go back to the treadmill and the gym.

Workouts are going well. I hope to run tonight. I might have to go to the gym if the weather is bad. If it doesn't rain, I'll go outside. I did better last night with food. The weekends are just tough to me.
Old 04-27-2016, 10:13 AM   #71  

S/C/G: Peak 300/Restart 270/Goal 130

Height: 5'4.5'

hi all! I'm in by the skin of my tush - weighed in at 239.6 this morning!! YAY!!!!! that's 30.2 pounds lost so far - another 110 to go
Old 04-27-2016, 01:24 PM   #72  
Diane

Hey Kat! Awesome!!!! Welcome to the group!

No changes on the scale this morning. I had a pretty good calorie day yesterday and good workouts. I hope it goes down soon!!!
Old 04-28-2016, 05:58 PM   #73  

Hi All!

No changes in my scale, I have been so busy with getting the house cleaned and everything ready for this weekend I haven't been weighing daily as I have been mindlessly eating at weird times. I have been waking at 520am and getting my day started early before the rest of the house wakes and going to bed late. Almost done. Then next week I will switch my focus back to conscious calorie eating and my exercise. That all seems to help as I have seen those results.

Welcome to Kat! Good luck to you - hopefully this is a short time decade for you!

Off to go clean some more before dinner.
Old 05-02-2016, 12:54 PM   #74  
Diane

Lemonthyme: I didn't even get on the scale this morning. I was not very good at being on plan this weekend. Oh well. Hope you had a good weekend.

The 230's seem to be a tough one to break through for me. I had trouble last time I was here....... Shouldn't have let myself slip back up to them.

Onward!
Old 05-02-2016, 02:38 PM   #75  

Slash: Oh do i hear you on the 230s! You know, never in my young life did I think I'd let myself get in these numbers. I remember worrying when I was pregnant w/my first wondering if I could take off the weight - I did some, but never down to pre-pregnancy weight. I felt and looked better then, however enough of life in the way and the weight up (ugh - miscarriage weight gain has been the hardest for me). I too didn't weigh in today, but we were celebrating this weekend a milestone for our child. I will say I remained active w/all the cleaning and cooking/baking that I did, so that was at least helpful. Of course I also sampled along the way

Hello all! I hope your pounds are fleeing as I type this!

AM: UGH! I know I had a good time eating this weekend and I dread the scale tomorrow morning. But once again I will hop on. I was looking at the photos from yesterday, I think I looked horrible. Happy - but horrible. I have squinty eyes now and it's not from the sun - though I have lost weight I haven't lost enough evidently to change my face when I smile. Motivation or feeling shameful I let my weight get high and I am not doing well to get it moving off again. It's a struggle that's for sure.

It's been beautifully sunny here the last two days. The clouds are huge though so that means rain is on the way. It will do my garden good. I have everything in but the tomatoes and zucchini, but I have to wait until last frost is out of it's system. I bought my tomatoes last Friday, but they are currently residing in the house staying warm. That and some of my annuals. I can't wait to get the rest of the house in season with pretty flowers.

Happy pound loosing to you all. I hope to get back on track this week.
Closed Thread