Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2016, 11:35 AM   #301  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Day 3 is here, and I've stuck with the plan and...let's just say...I'm happy with the scale reading this morning. I've lost a LOT of bloat (down 8lb from Thursday's weigh-in), and am happy with this 'empty' feeling. Finally! Some weight-loss progress! Whew!

Technically, a 3 day fast would end tonight, but I decided to have some watermelon this morning to help deal with the brain fog. This has not been as easy for me as it apparently was for those people who posted their experience with fasting online.
Old 07-17-2016, 01:19 PM   #302  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Lemonthyme: It really is a struggle and sometimes you do feel like giving up. I hear you! It's also hard for me to not have the all or nothing attitude. I think that trying to just take it a day at a time and trying to keep away from big swings in emotion helps. Tough to do, but if we keep trying each day, but also forgiving bad days, maybe we can have a sustainable lifestyle change. I hope you have a great day!

SeeMyFeet: Whew, almost there! Glad you are making it to the end of your fast. I would have trouble coming out of it and not wanting to eat everything in sigbt! Hope you have more control!! Ha!!

For me, went on a big hike yesterday, so taking it easy today.
Old 07-18-2016, 08:56 AM   #303  

LT: I cleaned out my closet this weekend...that was motivating...I've been wearing the same clothing for too long, and refusing to buy anything new, because, of course, I will just shrink out of it ...ok, that was too sarcastic...I WILL shrink out of it..I WILL I WILL!!

Thanks, Slashni! Well, I made it 2.5 days, not the entire 3, and it's a good thing, because, well, I learned that watermelon is not the best food to break a fast...ahem...so it's a good thing I recovered from the fast before going back to work.

So obviously today's weigh-in was not as low as yesterday's...and I still found that a tad disappointing, even though I fully expected those results. All in all, I broke the gaining trend, and that's a good thing. I hope the lessons learned from dealing with hunger stick.
Old 07-18-2016, 02:10 PM   #304  
Diane

SeeMyFeet: Glad you made it through the fast! Made me laugh about the watermelon! Definitely something you don't want to test out during the work day!!

Had a good weekend, with a great hike with my son. I didn't hold on to the loss I was showing on Saturday, but still down from last week. That's good. Going to try to have a really good week and maybe, just maybe, get out of the 230's. I'm so tired of seeing that number!!! Running tonight, so that should help.
Old 07-20-2016, 09:55 AM   #305  

Still struggling with the weight loss this week. (or rather the Weight Non-Gain) I'm sitting here wondering if I'm putting the sand in the jar of life first, and not the golf balls. But I have too many golf balls...too many Very Important Things that need attention, not just weight.....new day today....let's see what I can do with it...
Old 07-20-2016, 12:40 PM   #306  
Diane

SeeMyFeet: I get it. Sometimes it is really hard to keep everything going forward! Hope you have a productive day today!

Lemonthyme: Thinking about you and hoping all is well!

For me: Went on a hike last night, and that was really good. But somehow last night, I turned off my alarm, and didn't get up to go to Spin this morning. Oh well, it happens. I plan to go running after work.

I had a little loss this morning, and I hope I can keep it going. So far, I've been on plan for food. I'm feeling pretty hungry today, so I'll have to be careful.
Old 07-20-2016, 07:34 PM   #307  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/182

Hi Ladies,

Well, I seem to be going in the wrong direction because I gained 4 lbs ! during my first week counting points and logging. Maybe it was just a bad day on the scale. I weigh on Mondays so I have another few days to right that misdirection.

In truth, I haven't been entirely honest with my logging. I am shocked at how easy it is to exceed my daily allotment.

I think my goal for this week is to log more accurately.

Best,
CL
Old 07-20-2016, 08:18 PM   #308  

S/C/G: 229/229/145

Height: 5'4"

So..... I am finally coming back to the 3FC. I have not been successful on my own so hello all my new friends Really starting over here.
Old 07-21-2016, 09:42 AM   #309  

S/C/G: SW: 323 CW: See Ticker GW: 180

Height: 5'8

Arrow

Hi Ladies! Sorry I've been MIA. My mom is in the hospital and not doing well, so life's been a bit crazy

I'm still holding steady at 232 LBS and the scale isn't moving. I'm sure the stress of everything is not helping

TBH it's quite disheartening. I've lost 92 pounds thus far, and I am so close (well, closER - have 51 pounds left to my goal.)

Hopefully things settle down a little bit over in my neck of the woods. I miss being as active on 3FC!

Have a good day, my friends
Old 07-21-2016, 01:29 PM   #310  
Diane

cindyleigh: It is amazing how quickly the calories in stacks up. UGH! Hope you have more luck in the next few days!

Davisag: Welcome! Hopefully we can offer support for you! We're all in this together!

JesikaBeth: I'm sorry to hear about your mom. That's got to be tough. Hang in there.

For me, yesterday was not a great day for food plan. But I went running after work, so I think it helped keep it under check. Running was tough and it seemed like every minute was a chore. But, made it. Going for a little hike after work today.
Old 07-21-2016, 09:46 PM   #311  

S/C/G: 229/229/145

Height: 5'4"

JesikaBeth : Sorry to hear about your family. but glad your back. Keep it up.
Old 07-24-2016, 10:30 PM   #312  

S/C/G: 290/seeticker/199

Height: 5'6''

Welcome to all the newcomers and hi to old friends.

I am still here, just discouraged. I am ping-pinging between 231 and 227 and nothing gets me over the hump. It's SUPER hot, so not motivated to do anything outdoors, and just generally have a blah attitude. What's happening with you all?
Old 07-25-2016, 09:02 AM   #313  

I hear ya, BND. I've been preoccupied with decluttering around the house and trying to keep my career afloat. Since I am not 120% focused on weight loss, planning meals, etc, the weight has not been coming off. It seems like everything takes 120% concentration, and I don't have the luxury of focusing on only one thing at a time. I just breathe deeply, and try to enjoy the process and the moment. And look for progress in any area...unfortunately, not much progress with weight loss.

7 days left in this month...we can lose 1.5 or 2 pounds during this time, right? and have that little bit of progress towards July's credit? OK, time to step on the scale and work toward making that happen...
Old 07-25-2016, 11:30 AM   #314  
Diane

BrandNewDay: It is discouraging to keep within the same weight range. It seems to me that the 230's are a tough decade to break out of. Struggled with it before, but broke out finally. Then, stupidly gained back to be right back in it, and it is holding on again.

SeeMyFeet: Yep, you're right. One week left in July and I'm hoping for a two pound loss. That's my goal!

For me, I actually had a good loss at today's weigh in. I was really hoping to move back below 230, but it hung right there. I even tried wiggling on the scale, but no, it stayed right there. So, that's where I am. I'd so much love to be out of the 230's. I'm actually doing fairly well with my food plan now, so I'm trying to hold on to that. Workouts and hiking have been good, so I'll keep that up. It is definitely hot outside, and that makes hiking tough, but just drinking lots of water!! Here's to a good week!
Old 07-25-2016, 02:35 PM   #315  

S/C/G: SW: 323 CW: See Ticker GW: 180

Height: 5'8

Arrow

Hello everyone

So I am still stuck at the same weight, but TBH my food has gotten a bit sloppy. So I am coming here to recommit myself and for some accountability. I am SO close to my goal weight and have come SO far already.
Closed Thread