Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 05:58 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 243/218/130

Height: 5ft 3in

Hi everyone,

I drank a lot of water yesterday and had to get up a couple of times in the night, which is not normal for me at all. After getting up it took me ages to get back to sleep, so this morning I was tired and rather grumpy even though I had lost most of the water weight. I was planning to stick to my 1500 cals today but I have had the munchies so upped it to 1800 and still went slightly over . Wednesday is my weigh in day so I usually stick to the lower end of my allowance on Mondays and Tuesdays.

Goal Weight: 29th February - 205lbs

01: 213.4
02: 213.4
03: 211.8
04: 211.6
05: 211.4
06: 211.4
07: 211.0
08: 212.8
09: 211.2

Edited to add:

It looks like a number of us aren't particularly looking forward to seeing the scale tomorrow

Last edited by bookwyrm; 02-09-2016 at 06:04 PM.
Old 02-09-2016, 06:36 PM   #182  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap14 View Post
As I shoveled that rice in, I kept imagining that scale tomorrow morning...but I kept going

Froot Loops....mmmmmm. I haven't had those in ages.
me too as you can see (read) There are always Froot Loops and Frosted Flakes here not good for me at all

ap14, I can't stop ... just had a hot dog with a bun (scraped out the inside) then I didn't eat the end of it. I am truly full .... uhhhhhh, no more. Enjoy your workout tonight

bookwyrm, today seems to be an off eating day for some of us ... nope I am definitely not looking forward to tomorrow's weigh in .... though I do hope the best for us all
Old 02-09-2016, 08:59 PM   #183  
Free Fat to a Good Home!

S/C/G: 238.8/ticker/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookwyrm View Post
Hi everyone,

I drank a lot of water yesterday and had to get up a couple of times in the night, which is not normal for me at all. After getting up it took me ages to get back to sleep, so this morning I was tired and rather grumpy even though I had lost most of the water weight. I was planning to stick to my 1500 cals today but I have had the munchies so upped it to 1800 and still went slightly over . Wednesday is my weigh in day so I usually stick to the lower end of my allowance on Mondays and Tuesdays.

Goal Weight: 29th February - 205lbs

01: 213.4
02: 213.4
03: 211.8
04: 211.6
05: 211.4
06: 211.4
07: 211.0
08: 212.8
09: 211.2

Edited to add:

It looks like a number of us aren't particularly looking forward to seeing the scale tomorrow
Deeply considering not weighing in tomorrow but I know I need to get back on a routine :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2b150 View Post
me too as you can see (read) There are always Froot Loops and Frosted Flakes here not good for me at all

ap14, I can't stop ... just had a hot dog with a bun (scraped out the inside) then I didn't eat the end of it. I am truly full .... uhhhhhh, no more. Enjoy your workout tonight
Ugh hot dogs sound good too. I'm coming over there LOL

Burned about 300 tonight. Woo. My face was as red as a tomato. I was dripping sweat on those stairs. I had 3mins to go and I was under 150 by about 20. If any of you watch The Biggest Loser (my new favorite show - except I've read how poorly they treat the contestants), I imagined Dolvett's voice in my head screaming at me, "COME ON. 3 MORE MINUTES. I WANT TO SEE 150 BY THE END OF THIS. REMEMBER WHY YOU WANT IT." Then I imagined the pretty clothes in Pink and other stores...and a smaller jean size. I hit 153. My legs were screaming. I cranked that thing up to level 6 and went to work. Then I headed over to the weights and did leg lifts at 130lbs, chest presses at 30, and some eagle thing at 30 too. Then I headed over to the treadmill and did a 6 incline with 3.0 speed. Man, my legs were BURNING.

Overall (including my 1.5mi walk on the awful indoor track this morning), I've burned 370 cals today (according to Fitbit exercise HR). My calories (including exercise) only made it to 980. I had a cheese stick just now and I am debating whether or not to have a little more. I think I'm going to have some seaweed and a tomato and call it a night

I guess I had a good "last chance" workout. I'll be apologizing to my legs tomorrow morning

Here's an example of the last chance workout if you don't watch TBL. Basically, one day until weigh in and you work your butt off to ensure your weight is what you want. I DVR the episodes and I cried so hard at the one from last night. I'm a wimp https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvgCj2zAew0

Last edited by ap14; 02-09-2016 at 09:00 PM.
Old 02-09-2016, 09:39 PM   #184  

S/C/G: 278/269/165

Height: 5'9"

Love2b150 ramen noodles really shouldn't be allowed to taste as good as they do. I too am a carb addict. White, banana, Apple, zucchini bread, pasta, baked potatoes, love love love. I feel ya. Hope your day goes better 2morrow.

Bookwrm sorry bout ur munchies. Hope 2morrow is better

Ap14 enjoy ur workout

It's 6:30 and I am tired and bummed. I still have an hour of exercise to do, homework and cleaning. Not sure how much I'm going to get done. Hoping I keep control and don't eat my emotions. I can think of so many things my emotions want right now. think healthy thoughts, think healthy thoughts.
Old 02-09-2016, 10:13 PM   #185  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Rennie -- I use very lean organic ground pork and just mix with Worcestershire sauce, onion powder,garlic powder, sage, rosemary...I just throw Ina little of each. No salt. Then I roll them into 2 or 4 ounce patties, depending if we want full burgers or sliders...I eat mine on low carb pita with tomato, dill pickles and no sugar ketchup. They are very good...we've come to like them more than regular burgers. I'm getting really good at just telling people I can't...can't go to dinner at an Italian restaurant, can't have a treat for Chinese New Year, can't have just a little of (insert whatever they are offering). It REALLYhelps that three times a week I have to bring a urine sample to my clinic...if I'm not burning ketones they will know I've cheated...no hiding it. It also helps that all the others I've met who are doing this diet are really strict too and doing very well. There is a Facebook group for people doing it on their own, you should look it up (dr Bernstein at home).

AP14 - I read chipotle and had to skim the rest...I'm not strong enough to think about their food yet! I hope it was good (but don't tell me how good) . Great job on your workout.

Bookwyrm -- good luck weighing in tomorrow!

Iampowerful -- I hope your homework and housework kept you too busy o think about those cravings.
Old 02-10-2016, 08:34 AM   #186  

S/C/G: 200/193/140

Height: 5'5

Hey everyone :wave2:

No weigh in for me today. Yesterday was a long day, at work and then class, and then made it to the stores half an hour before they closed and managed to find a really nice dress that flatters for my nephew's birthday on Saturday. And it was on sale. But by the time I got home, I had been out of the house for about 15 hours. Slept in this morning, so a bit of a mad dash to get ready.

We'll see what tomorrow holds.

Angie - is Bernstein doable for a vegetarian. I was always under the impression that it wasn't, but now I'm not sure.
Old 02-10-2016, 09:40 AM   #187  
Gizmo

akelly728 congratulations on the new job! New challenges, always keep the brain working.

loveofmylife001 our little Loki loves walking in the snow. Funniest thing is when he smells something and will just burry his face in a mound of snow.

I am powerful you're really maintaining your workouts, that's great. How do you keep track of the calories burned, do you have a Fitbit or anything like that?

What do all of you who track your calories while working out recommend? I'm tempted to go high-tech and see just how hard I am working when exercising.

Kukkie84 isn't it nice when you find nice clothes on sale that fit right? For me it's a real morale booster. Going to have to go shopping for jeans soon and I'm getting depressed just thinking about it.

Tons of errands to do today and trying a chocolate candy recipe for a Valentine's day bake sale at work this weekend. Happy Wednesday everyone!

01: 231.6
02: 231.2
03: 230.2
04: 229.8
05: 230.2
06: 231.2
07: 230.2
08: 232.2
09: 231.6
10: 230.6
Old 02-10-2016, 10:41 AM   #188  
Free Fat to a Good Home!

I don't know what I expected this morning :P

2/3: 229.6 - TOM
2/5: 226.0
2/10: 225.4

Not even a pound
Old 02-10-2016, 11:57 AM   #189  
Andando...

Morning

206.8 (-0.2). Sorry about everyone struggling with cravings. I have been indulging myself, I purposely try not to snack all day so I have a few calories left at night for my before bed snacking. I made some bad snack choices last night, still ate within range though.
Hope everyone is feeling better today. It's Wednesday already...
Old 02-10-2016, 12:37 PM   #190  

angiethx and yes, I was kept very busy and had no time to snack those emotions.

Kukkie have fun at the bday party and shine for the world to see your glorious glimmering self.

Martine thx, I'm trying really hard. I only track my calories when I'm on the machines at the gym. When I'm not at the gym I go by time or distance goals and check my pulse regularly to make sure I'm getting a target heart rate. If walking, they say 3mi a day is good for weight loss. They have some good rated heart rate monitor calorie trackers on Amazon but you have to wear a chest strap while working out. The wrist watch only ones don't rate very well for accuracy.

Ap14 maybe too much salt from chipotle :/

Daydreamer I'm with you. I try hard to have an allowance at the end of the evening because that is when I am most tempted to have a treat.

Yesterday could have blown up in my face. I can only thank Heavenly Father for the help yesterday cause I didn't think I had that in me. I had a full meltdown, tears a flow... for a short time and didn't reach for any peanut butter. I did have a skinny cow ice cream sandwhich and diet cherry pepper, but I made no cookies or other treats. I even struggled to reach 1500 calories. I was just under by midnight. I also hit my 2hr of walking.
Got the valentines box made, dishes, laundry etc all after 6:30 which is usually when I start winding down. When it got so late and I hadn't reached my cleaning or workout goals I was ready to just grab a blanket, put my feet up and watch a show. Then I decided, you know, I have no choice but to live through this day, so I might as well end it fighting for the things I want most. It payed off.

My midweek weigh in was down 3lbs since Sunday morning. Finally in a new decade.
Old 02-10-2016, 12:58 PM   #191  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Another small loss for me today… 0.6 again. I am happy it’s still going down, but frustrated that it has slowed so much. I’m still burning ketones so the clinic is telling me to just keep on doing what I’m doing, but I’m going to make a couple of small changes. I’m going to try to eliminate my morning coffee, because I drink it with cream, and I’ll replace it with some black tea. I can treat myself to a coffee on the weekends; if it doesn’t have cream in it, I’m just not interested, I’d rather drink mud. I’m also going to make sure I get all my water in…I’ve been a little slack on that.

I had an appointment with the doctor today, at my clinic, and all is well -- good cholesterol, good blood sugar, and good blood pressure. Because it's a low calorie diet it is medically supervised and I have to check in there every 2 weeks.

Kukkie – I think it is doable for a vegetarian. He has dairy options for proteins, as well as beans, soy and some other things. You can always call them up and ask them to tell you about their non-meat protein options. I’m loving the low carb tortillas and pitas on this plan…so much better than no bread at all. I don’t eat eggs and fish, so I struggle to find protein options sometimes, but there are enough for me to get by on this diet. When I’m sick of meat I change it up and have some cheese or yogurt for a protein serving.

Iampowerful – Congratulations on the nice loss, and on pushing through the apathy last night!

01: 249.6 (-3.8) home
02: 249.6 (0) clinic
03: no weigh in
04: no weigh in
05: 247.0 (-2.6)
06: no weigh in
07: no weigh in
08: 246.4 (-0.6)
09: no weigh in
10: 245.8 (-0.6)

Last edited by Angie; 02-10-2016 at 01:00 PM.
Old 02-10-2016, 01:14 PM   #192  

Interval training leads to an increased calorie burn post workout.

Therefore, on a walk, every 2min jog for a minute or speed walk.

On machines walk at an incline of 6 for 50cal and then an incline of 12 for 25cal.

Some machines have interval courses, others don't. If the machine you're on gives you the option always input your weight and age and check your heart rate frequently to get the most accurate cal burn info.

Strength training also helps you get passed plateaus and increases your cal burn post workout and for the day period. Every lb of muscle gained burns an extra 50 cal a day. Some of us can't do weights.

If you can't lift weights because of joint pain or other reasons, try water aerobics or lap swimming. You get great resistance for your muscles w/o the stress on joints.

Walking slowly uphill is like doing tiny squats for your quads

Curves for women is a great place to strength train if you don't wanna be around men while lifting or have joint problems.

You never have to increase your time at the gym or your workout only your intensity. You've hit a plateau at 45min walking at a speed of 3mph at a 5incline, fine, up your incline to a 7 and keep your speed the same.

People wanna know how I hit such high cal burns at the gym, resistance, speed and incline, but never time. I get on a machine and I start by figuring out what resistance and speed equals no less than 10cal per min. Then I workout out within that range for a certain time. I change speed, go in reverse, (measured intervals) and then when it comes easy I increase the resistance, incline or speed and repeat the intervals for the new settings. 1000cal used to take me almost 2hr. Now I can hit it in an hour and 15min.

I hope this answers a couple questions I've been asked. Working out and being physically active has always been a passion. My weight is from eating and various health conditions. Five of those conditions have names and were worth the weight, lol.
Old 02-10-2016, 01:52 PM   #193  
Free Fat to a Good Home!

The snow is awful here and I just wish they'd cancel class...but nope. Ugh. I hate hate hate hate driving in the snow, especially the slush mixed with packed snow.

I'll catch up with everyone later. I have to go get ready and leave 20mins early :P
Old 02-10-2016, 02:27 PM   #194  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 286.8/198.8/150ish

Hi everyone. I haven't had a chance to read everyone's post for the past couple of days. Hopefully, I can catch up soon.
Old 02-10-2016, 03:52 PM   #195  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

ap14, just reading about you possibly not weighing in today (I hope you did). You did great on your workout I hope the scale rewarded you nicely I ate way too much stuff yesterday .... RE: weigh in this morning ... it is NOT a gain my friend, so that's a victory You did really well yesterday, IMO YAY on the new decade Sorry about the snow, be/stay safe

Thanks I am powerful , after my 2.8lb up this morning so far today isn't bad I hope you thought healthy thoughts and didn't eat anything unhealthy or should I say off plan I surely ate enough for you and me Some good info re: calorie burn/gym. I copied it and pasted it on my update thread that I use thanks. I need to figure out how to get it on my phone and I love Curves

Angie, I'm gonna try some ground pork using your ingredients. I wonder what it would taste like with the American burger season by McCormick? The sodium may be a killer there though huh!!? I think my major issue is food prep. I just don't feel like cooking most days. It was so much easier before when I could spend the time preparing my meals and really enjoying them Angie, do you not like eggs and fish? I didn't know that ... I'm with you on the coffee without cream. I can't drink it black either, yuck You're doing really well on your plan, good job on the .6 down . I'm happy for you

Good job on the lb Martine have fun with the candy recipe

Kukkie, I'd love to see the dress Hope your day isn't as long today and you get some rest

DayDreamer good job on the .2 down

Hi imthegoddess hope all is well

Well as expected I had a 2.8lb gain ... no problem. I'm back on the wagon today trying to stay focused with these kids in here making mashed potatoes

Last edited by love2b150; 02-11-2016 at 10:21 AM. Reason: fix typos :)
Closed Thread