Old 01-22-2016, 10:30 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 262/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

GIRLS - We traveled to my mom's at the last minute to avoid winter weather, and I didn't get to weigh on my final day!!!! I am nearly positive I didn't make my 5lb goal, but I am lower than where I started (as of last weigh in) so I'll take it! I will weigh in again when I get home.

It's harder to make consistent good decisions when we are traveling and off of our routine - I find that this week I just feel *tired* of thinking about everything that goes in my mouth and *tired* of telling myself no to things that I 'want' to eat. I've also had to back off of my workouts some thanks to a recurring physical issue that demands rest flaring up. BAH HUMBUG!

LT: How is your broken arm'd child?? How are you?? I know how you feel losing the same weight over and over again - feels like purgatory. The times I've done that, I've been VERY strict with diet for a week and it usually bumps me down - but it is NOT FUN at all, and hard to do. I used to be more tempted and snacky with the kids foods and snacks, but lately my mind doesn't as much even consider their stuff as an option, if that makes sense. Plus - I try to feed them things that I wouldn't feel bad if I did snack on, just would have to track it.

Pat: Way to go NOT buying candy!! I'm there too - I feel a little smug every time I'm faced wtih making a choice that I've decided I don't want to make and actually follow through!! Panera has these new gluten free cookies (I'm GF) - and I didn't know they did - and when I went with some friends and had my salad, I was SO TEMPTED to buy one...had it justified to myself and all. But I held strong! No cookie! I was so proud. Keep on keeping on!

Les - Dang that water weight!! The worst.

Hope all is well!!
pictureframe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 02:03 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Picture and Pat: Don't get buried with all that snow. Why the heck are they naming winter storms these days? HOW DUMB? I live in a snowy place it's not like the snow is super threatening, you just deal with it. Sure I can understand the ones that are to bring 3 feet+, but just a foot? I know, I have a cousin out east who calls me when we get maybe 6" of snow and asks if we shut down completely. I ay shutdown doesn't happen until maybe 12 inches but generally closer to 18" at 12 and under school is just delayed 2 hours until the plows can get out and clean off.

Picture: Oh, traveling can be the worst - you find a soda here, or a mac/cheese there, a little won't hurt and bammo the weight goes up. Stay strong and find the veggies to be your friend. Today was stressful - DS had a medical procedure in office, so it was fairly quick, but still - stressful going through it. One does not like to watch their child get poked and prodded. DD is doing well - no real complaints but she can't go out and play in the snow. Did you travel for a long weekend away or because your area looses power when it snows so heavily? Is it nice to have DH back to your routine?

Pat: Good for you on passing up the candy. I did the same today. I can't say my weight is perfect right now, but it's passable for good. Yes, the same-o pounds some day have been revisited forever. We just keep with it.

Les: How is your weight today? Any fun plans for the weekend? Have you met any new people w/your new outside you? Enjoy your new shape!

Fire: How are you? Has dieting gotten any better for you?

Hello Violets!

AM:
Stress eating this week, not wise, but once we get both kids on the mend then we will be doing better and me certainly. Can I just put it out there, really, I would like to see 229 by 2/1. Evidently that is an unattainable number for me since October. I just hope I can do this.

Ok - so there is interest. Tomorrow weigh in if you can. So in two weeks lets see if we can each loose 5 lbs. So that would mean a final weigh-in on 2/5 Friday if people are ok with that.

So I will take my roly-poly 230+ self and work on eating better this afternoon. I have some meal ideas already in my noggin' for this weekend. I have some pork from the family hog that was butchered and I think we will do chops on sunday. In the winter I sometimes plan meals to be grilled out. When I first asked DH to do this he thought I was nuts, but he has found that the smell of the grill in the middle of the winter harkens to summer nights and reminds him it can't be too far away. Plus a burger or other meat off the grill, well it just tastes good when it's darn cold out.

Happy Friday to you all. I will remind you all to post your start weights this weekend when you have time or a scale or want to work off those extra treats. Perhaps this time we can all do well! And Pat - good for you on those 4 lbs! FANTASTIC!
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 10:54 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 230/150/150

Height: 5'7

Pat, good for you for not buying candy. As someone who just ate an entire pack of sour gummy worms yesterday, I salute you, haha.

Picture, traveling is always hard on a diet, but at least you skipped the worst of the weather. Hopefully your weigh in is good when you get back home. Way to go turning down the cookies at Panera, that can be tough, especially when they are newly GF and seem to be made just for you, haha.

Lemon, glad the kids are well. Sorry you are having trouble with the scale. I think pictureframe is right though, be super strict on the diet for a week and it may drop. Really hard to do though, I have been snacking all week.

As for me, I'm doing ok. Not great, because I have been snacking a lot, especially late night. Trying not to go too crazy but I have ended up over on my calories most days. 1200 has been rough for me, but I'm trying to get better. I haven't met any new people, but I have been too busy to socialize, haha. One day! Kids are good, we are just gonna stay bundled up and do some inside activities this weekend (it's too cold for us Floridians!).

Weight dropped a bit, I'm at 172.8 this morning. I don't think I can drop 5 pounds in two weeks anymore, but I'm down to try. Maybe we could make it a three week challenge if we all keep missing it. Good luck to everyone!
LesGetFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 08:21 AM   #49  

Just home and weighed - back up to 206.4. Argh!!!! So frustrating that even if I stay under 1400 calories, if I don't be really strict with what I eat I gain. Womp womp womp. Seriously! I've been between 208 and 203 now for a month or more, I keep losing and gaining the same 3-5 pounds. OVER IT. I think I'm going to have to do some very lean days and see if that will get me moving in the right direction again. Hate feeling like my metabolism is shot to the point that I won't ever be able to eat more than 1200 calories again if I want to maintain - and that isn't many!!

Okay, I'm done whining. I'll check back later - just had to put this here right after I got the disappointment of weighing.
Old 01-25-2016, 09:30 AM   #50  

Picture:I am not weighing today for that reason. I wasn't sticking to anything this weekend and I know it will come back to bite me. So I will begin again today and stick to putting it all in the app. And I will have to exercise. I see that when I don't I just kind of keep those sliding 10 lbs with me. IF and WHEN I can get out of the 230s and stay out, I will rejoice. Glad to hear you got home safely. Are you in any of the areas w/the flooding? Nutty weather!

Les: Boo - well, hopefully the weight will start moving this week. I know, it's a pain as you get lighter and it doesn't move. Have you increased your activity? I know when I was close to 180 that if I swam 10 mins more each time, it seemed to get those slow pounds moving on off. It's a crappy thing about weight loss I think the body goes into survival mode especially if this is the first time you have been serious about taking weight off. At least that's my thought on it. Good luck!

Pat: Are you buried w/this Jonas stuff? Did you get out snowshoeing? How is your scale treating you today? Did you avoid the sweet things?

Hello violets!

AM:
I didn't want to post today, I am not practicing what I have been gabbing about especially this weekend. I let it all out, I had a soda, rice krispy bar, ice cream and I made a darn good new stuffing recipe (need to practice for the time when I take over making holiday meals - hey one needs to get ready, parents can go at any time - ok - I am chuckling as I type that - my family is very frank about death and this would fit into that category!). But today I will practice what I have been working on and with. I will enter my meals, I will drink my water and I will try to get up to exercise tomorrow morning - kids and cold be not my stopping part. Kids have been up between 1230-330 at least once each night in the past week, and when I crash back to sleep I crash hard. Any who - I will do this and try to be as good as I can this week. I AM TIRED OF THE 230s!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's my proclamation, now I will stick to it.

So, cheer me one that I can slowly pull back into the realm of loosing and feeling good about me and what I am doing. Those 18s can be 16s/14s and maybe get to a 12 soon enough. Today I have dental work, so I probably won't be eating too much from midday until evening - yeah a helper.

QOD: What is one clothing item you want to buy yourself at whatever weight you hit that you deem it will look good on you? (and Les, you can't say a hoodie with bling )

My answer: a skirt, that is 1" above my knee. Said knees are holding weighty flab right now, yes, I have fat knees, and I'd like them to go and the skirt look good at the knee level. I know I have biked off that extra flabby already between the knee and the thigh, but I have to get rid of the fatty knee cap for that look to work nicely. Oh and maybe a nicer pair of heels to go w/said skirt.

Oh - let's plan a weigh-in for Wednesday middle of the weeks are always better then first thing at the start of the week to put you in a foul mood (unless you are super good, which I am not!). Three week challenge then? So weigh-in on Wednesday for those that want to take off this darn STINKIN' 5 lb Jan/Feb challenge. Final weigh-in will be Feb 17 - ooh after valentines - watch the chocolates, vino and the like ladies. WE CAN DO THIS.

Last edited by lemonthyme; 01-25-2016 at 09:35 AM.
Old 01-25-2016, 12:22 PM   #51  
Work in Progress

well happy Monday!

PF- Nothing better than a Panera cookie.. so you rock by passing that up. Yes and change in routine whether it be travel or family certainly can throw our best intentions out... But you are right back on track... Easily can let one or 2 days become 1-2 years...

LGF-As I look at my fitbit and daily cal consumption 1200-1400 cal you and PF have as goals I can see would be a challenge. I am learning a lot from you both. What do you think the barriers are? when I try and drill down for me I am seriously underestimating what a serving is and I have to plan. It is tedious and requires me spending time doing stuff for myself

LT- again the hugs your way... The disruption of sleep for me is an indicator of how my day will be.. You are still actively in the game.. that is huge. I love that QOD, You be styling with a cute skirt and nice heels!

AM- So things were pretty good til Friday. Lost my mind from dinner to Sunday am breakfast. But back on track

Good things: Kept myself busy all w/e
was 247 sat am
made all my lunches this week on Sunday am
tracked ALL my food
Did some chores I had been procrastinating on

Poor things: no dedicated exercise all w/e
told myself I was having a "cheat" day
when I saw the scale at 247 gave myself the green light to eat
didn't track Saturday food til Sunday
was 249 this am

So today got on treadmill, food on track. Used Quinoa in 2 recipes to supplement the lean ground beef I used. See if this keeps me more satisfied but not retain water.

QOD- either a sleeveless shirt or shirt I would tuck into pants

question for you.. so have you ever considered or used a weight loss drug? I am seeing that I need a multi prong approach to this. And wonder whether this might be a tool. What are your thoughts?
1fralick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 12:47 PM   #52  

Pat: No I haven't thought to supplement diet w/meds. My sister did once, it left her w/oily stools and gas. But that was one I think that had xena in its name. I'm on synthroid and sometimes even that can be a diet aid if my dose is too high, and a deterrent when the dose is too low. So I will stick w/the calories (ugh) and the exercise (when?) and hope it works out as long as I quit giving myself food reprieves to "just have this small bite" which in turn always becomes the full thing. I have however added chia to some of my foods, that seemed to stop some of the excess hunger or actually I should say I felt full longer. I just put mine in a little container add some water, stir it up as they inflate and then throw in the fridge. When I use I put between a tsp - tbsp mixed in with lets say yogurt and eat away. Somewhat like a poppy seed, but when hydrated has a tad bit of a slimy texture to the outside. Hence what it does in your GI tract, it swells.

AM: Made it through the dentist, can't chew on that side for a while which is fine. However as I was driving back through town I said - doughnuts. Well I am happy to report I ignored the doughnut craving and came straight home. No doughnut in tow. I plan to do a roasted chicken breast and mushrooms to put on top and greens and I think small servings of potatoes for dinner tonight. Sounds good to me and is fairly diet friendly. I haven't decided if I will do a sweet potato instead. But I will have to get the chicken thawing.

Now the challenge, I have to bake this week to fill my mom's freezer. She's elderly and doesn't bake for herself often if at all. So usually once a month or two before we go down I bake and fill her freezer. I would make meals as well, but she isn't one for leftovers umpteen days in a row, sure I could portion it, but she says no to that. So my hope is that I can just bake and not eat. Sounds doable, lets hope it is.

We have winter weather advisories right now, however it's not doing anything and is a balmy 27° today - so totally like a heatwave in this neck of the woods. Will see if the piddly amounts of snow and ice pan out. 2" and less is not worth much, except putting drivers a bit more on the aware. I am so ready for spring.
Old 01-26-2016, 05:01 AM   #53  
Work in Progress

Good morning.. looks like you are sharing your weather with us LT. I guess we have freezing drizzle and I have a 7:30 meeting... So it will be a slow and steady ride this am..The Quinoa did keep me satisfied all afternoon.. will see how the scale is.

Awesome saying no to the call of the donut!

I baked this weekend for today's meeting... We'll see how that goes. I usually can put it in the work kitchen for others and stay strong..

You can also stay strong...As indulging keeps you where you are rather thank where you want to be...

Thanks for the med input..
Old 01-26-2016, 08:53 AM   #54  

Pat: Hope your drive was safe and easy. We got blanketed with snow, but the fluffier kind that blows once winds pick up. Have I said I am over winter and snow this season? Hope you stayed strong on the baked good front. I used to bake and take into work, I usually baked when I was stressed, a co-worker pointed that out. I suppose that is somewhat true. May your quinoa be a help to you! And may you find the scale to show you a pleasing number.

Hello Violets!

AM:
Oh does my mouth hurt! I was chewing my breakfast on the good side and that aggravated the sore side. i am guessing today is a day for broth for me. I will have to find a good soup that warms that area but doesn't encourage pain. You never remember how dental work hurts until you need it done again.

My weight - some days I wish it were easy: to ignore, to eat what I want, to eat light and feel full, to not have to exercise and figure out how to fit that into your day . . . Darn weight is right back where it was at the start of the month. I wish I could stick to it well, I had been doing well and then got lax. So with each day, I am trying to stick and do something and keep building upon that. I did enter my breakfast in my app. I did hop on the scale - ick. Today will be filled w/the house cleaning or as much as you can do w/a toddler helper who doesn't take long naps and likes to pull it all out.

So here's to you all on a weight loss day! May the pounds start to drop for you all.
Old 01-27-2016, 09:11 AM   #55  

Morning Violets

So over the 230s now lets see if I can do something about them - really - again up 5 lbs. I have my excuses - they are old and tired (like me) and now frankly it does put you in a bad mood to see that scale go right back up. So - my weigh in for this 3 week challenge is:

SW: 235
GW: 230

What I'd really like to see at the end of 3 weeks: 227 I can be optimistic.

AM: ARGH! That's all I can say. I had a house of complainers getting them all out the door today. I hate when days start like that - no one listening, all complaining, being little devils - you know the drill IT DRIVES ME BONKERS. That said, I have to sprint clean my house as I have an insurance person coming today and you really don't want them to see how you really live on a day to day basis. Besides nothing is worse then coming into a mess. At least I got the living room picked up before bed and vacuumed. That's one less thing on my list.

Help keep me focused ladies - I am struggling with these ridiculous 230s. I know I need to do all sorts of things to get rid of them, of late I haven't been good on any of them from tracking calories to getting my gym time in. And the bad thing is - they all seem to make me feel good and they give me energy when I follow my plan but right now I feel like I plain don't have time. I am struggling with getting it all done in a day and when I go to bed I think what didn't I do and when I wake up I think I didn't get anything done the day before. I think I just need a moment to slow down, catch up and right all that flies through my brain on a daily basis. Oh one would hope.

Ok - I can do this - that's my mantra this week - I CAN DO THIS. And only I can make that change. Here goes yet again - good luck to you all. Let's get somewhere w/our weight this time round.

PS: I did change my ticker and my weight in my profile - no sense looking at what was and rather keep honest with everyone. Let's just say the 220s will be a welcome sight.

Last edited by lemonthyme; 01-27-2016 at 09:14 AM.
Old 01-27-2016, 01:54 PM   #56  

Hi Violets!

LT: You CAN do it!!! Think how good it will feel to see 229!!! I find that when I get some motivation, and then the scale actually goes DOWN, it feeds the motivation and I am able to keep going. It's so ahrd gaining and losing the same pounds over and over - I'm doing it too! Together we will get OUT of the 230s and OUT of the 200s! I have faith in us!!

What dental work did you have done? I had a TON of dental work done in the past year, and have dental PTSD from it all. Ugh. Painful and SO EXPENSIVE. I hope your mouth is feeling better! I'm impressed with you about the doughnuts -they are a weakness. I am almost thankful that I started gettign sick with gluten eating because it removed the drive thru donut temptation. LOL

Pat: How are you? Hanging in there?!

Les: Hi!!!

AM: Only three days in, but have buckled down on teh diet and am doing back down to 1200 cals and less than 50g carbs to see if I can't kick the 200s once and for all!!! My body seems to think that this is a set point for me, and I am trying hard to REFUSE that to be true!! It's hard for me mentally though, because I'm already about the lowest I've been as an adult, so complacency creeps in and makes me think maybe I should just be happy here - but I now that will just lead to gaining etc. etc., so I'm trying to be DETERMINED to make a chance. No one can want it *for* me, I have to want it for myself!!

3 week challenge:
Start weight: 205.2
Goal weight: 199 (BIG GOAL! I CAN DO IT!)

Just finished my workout for the day, it was a doozy. I always feel good when I'm done though! Hope all is well with you all.
Old 01-27-2016, 03:25 PM   #57  

Picture: I hear you on getting stuck! My lightest at an adult post college wavered between 165-175. Now 230, though I hate it, is right around where I was when I used to be heavy before this most recent heavy and got back down to 180 - well you know, had to lose weight like any bride to be. My body just felt better and I didn't have near the aches or pains. Ah - to get past 200 would be lovely. For now, I have to be content to get into the 220s and I HOPE TO HECK, it doesn't take months to leave them either.

Good going for you to stick to calories. Some days I abhor those pesky things, but I know if i really watch them the weight moves. So for both of us, let's get this show on the road, hop on the train whatever floats your boat - let's loose these crazy albatross pounds for good.

Oh, and I had prep work for a crown. I want to really improve my royal standing in this world - hah!
Old 01-27-2016, 03:45 PM   #58  
Work in Progress

Good afternoon all!! Still in the game.

Today was at 246 woohoo as this was the weight I was before my dad got sick and passed...

So SW 246
GW 241...

LT... you have a bunch going on and yes you can and will do this I have no doubt...You have success in your past a desire to be healthy .

LGF how are you?

PF- SO close to the 100's so very cool... Nice job on the w/o and food tracking...

So for me.. so far so good although I am a bit short tempered and wonder if that might be a bit of sugar withdrawal... Thinking of doing some weight training in the evenings which I think is doable DH not home and I can do YOUTUBE in the living room.

Still on track since Sunday am. Appreciate you all more than you know. I get so much from reading and posting..
Old 01-27-2016, 07:12 PM   #59  

FINALLY! I was within my calorie limit today - whatever that happens to be, but I did a boat load of cleaning here as well. I am proud of myself, I also did the baking because I was one day early for the insurance. So my house is 3/4 clean and the baking just about done. I do aim to set my alarm and get to the gym tomorrow morning. I do miss that as does my hip. And since I will be riding in a car for a while this weekend, I best get it in shape for that.

Pat: glad we can help you out. I know I have stuck with this a lot longer than giving up - which is what my MO had been the last time I tried to take off weight. It's not a super easy journey, but ya'll help me out as well!
Old 01-28-2016, 09:16 AM   #60  

Morning Violets!

AM: I got up and moved! I did some weight lifting not a lot, but enough to recognize I do have some muscles someplace and I biked, not for endurance but for distance and ease since I haven't been so good lately getting to the gym. I still did 14 miles, but calories burned not so hot due to the fact I kept it on the easier level and didn't work, though I did have a nice sweat going on.

Oh my - can I ask about gym etiquette if there really is one? You all know where I work out - so it's small and privately cared for. The remote is there for us to use, there are a few tvs. At the times I go, usually there aren't too many others especially those right in front of the tvs. I am one row behind, right in front of one. In the ams I usually turn on the news and cycle away. Today - some old crow and her buddy came in at 530 really loud and gabbing about their aches came in by the front row of machines and changed my channel. I was irritated, pedaled harder and left. Now, would I have an issue had she asked, no. But she came in like the old crow she was and just flipped. I secretly wished she'd fall off her machine as I walked out the door. Sorry, but I found it rude. So am I nuts to think that you should ask if there are others right there exercising and watching before you change channels?

Ok, my mini-vent is over. I did my baking yesterday, so its in the freezer where temptation is smaller. My weight is hanging static, but again will try my best today. Really, 5 lbs I should be able to do and get out of these nightmare 230s. It's like that stupid groundhog day movie - my weight repeats enough you'd think I'd learn and move on! Maybe soon.

I am looking for a dress idea for upcoming festivities as we have a first communion coming up, and maybe I will loose some more, so I am looking at dress designs for someone a bit thinner. I will always have hips and broad shoulders, but maybe the middle will be smaller, I know the butt is and in time, perhaps it will shape up as I hope my arms will too (sleeveless I'd be ecstatic to wear). I have a few months left to get my ideas finalized. If you all have dress ideas - ship them my way or PM me w/thoughts.

Happy loss to you all. I am off to get the upstairs picked up, beds made, vacuumed and then be done w/the cleaning. I will be glad to have this portion completed and be able to get on w/my life - well that is until the decision is made if possible to fix the problems. Then we are back to square one.