Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2016, 09:44 AM   #91  
lovemylife001

S/C/G: 180/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7

Good Morning Everyone It's TGIF

The week sure did go by fast. We are actually having decent weather but we are suppose to get snow on Sunday only a couple of inches. I don't have any big plans for this weekend. I think that I'm just going to do the usual chores and relax.

Rennie I love, love, love V8 juice. I was drinking too much of it and it gave me severe heartburn and a lot of bloat. So I had to stop drinking it. on your downward trend. You are really off to a great start.

Kukkie Happy Friday to you as well. I'm sure the scale will realize it's mistake and start going back in the right direction.

bigjoe I'm going to make sure to try to watch that show. It should be interesting.

imthegoddess on the loss. Keep it up!

hi to everyone else. Have a great Friday. I will be back tomorrow to check in.
Old 01-08-2016, 09:56 AM   #92  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Kukkie, yay for staying the course

Joe I'll have to look for the show and record it Time to modify that goal my friend, second mini goal hit

Thanks imthegoddess Good job on the 3lb drop I didn't know that about the swelling over night. I wonder if I take a water pill before bed will that help or will it make me get up a few times??? I surely don't want that. My fingers/hand have felt numb some mornings so much that I can't turn the alarm off with that hand, smh. RE: your in-laws, you have to do what is good for you. I have always been looked down on regarding my weight. My kids and my husband are my biggest supporters. My family has always made snide comments here and there. But I truly believe they eat while in view but then have their way of eliminating what they ate to keep their weight down, just my thought since they claim they don't workout. Anywho ... You've got to be comfortable with what you do. And if you are gonna be upset with yourself afterwards I would think twice ... again just my thought. I have been doing a ton of negotiating with myself this week and it has definitely worked. You've got this

Thanks Trina , I like V8 but will only drink it as a sub for veggies. I wouldn't drink it if I didn't need to I put it in the soup because it called for it I think it kind of sweetens it up It's supposed to get to 60 here today with on and off ran. Monday through Wednesday was a tad cold

Last edited by love2b150; 01-08-2016 at 10:02 AM.
Old 01-08-2016, 11:23 AM   #93  
Free Fat to a Good Home!

S/C/G: 238.8/ticker/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemylife001 View Post
ap14 Your furbaby is so adorable. I love dogs
Thank you!!

I did a workout this morning (trying to do elliptical for half and then treadmill with some incline for the other) and my body was just like nope. I did peek this morning though and look at the scale...I've gone down 2lbs since starting Wednesday! Probably water weight, but hey, it's something!

I'll do an official weigh in next Wednesday after the Fast 5 is completed. I like what I see so far

Have a good day everyone!
Old 01-08-2016, 11:43 AM   #94  
Do More than Survive

S/C/G: 285-Heaviest/199/175

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for the nudge Rennie! I'm here. Life has been crazy, stressful, lots of things going on. I've managed to stay in the teens but I've not been very focused or put much effort into taking care of myself. I'll update my numbers later.

01 ~ 214
02 ~
03 ~
04 ~ 214.6
05 ~ 213.8
06 ~ 214.4
07 ~
08 ~ 215.4
09 ~ My birthday
10 ~ 214
11 ~ 213.6
12 ~ 213.4
13 ~ 213.2
14 ~ 215 (did not eat so healthy yesterday - too many carbs)
15 ~ 214.2
16 ~
17 ~
18 ~
19 ~
20 ~
21 ~
22 ~
23 ~
24 ~
25 ~ 212.8
26 ~
27 ~
28 ~
29 ~
30 ~
31 ~

Last edited by MadeToThrive; 01-25-2016 at 01:16 PM.
Old 01-08-2016, 11:52 AM   #95  
~Rennie

ap14, good for you on peeking and a drop is a drop. Good for you I can't wait for you to weigh in next week with that great number

Kris, I'm glad you're here
Old 01-08-2016, 12:04 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 278/269/165

Height: 5'9"

You may or may not remember me, but I'm back. Last year kicked my batootie. My 7mo old was hospitalized, my grandma, mother, aunt and uncle all passed away. Then we found out the dr over my mother's care lost her license because she was found negligent in my mother's death and let's just say, I lost it. This time last year I was over 40 lbs lighter. Most of it I gained since August when I found out my mom didn't have to die. I used sugar and fat and salt to deal and function so I could keep caring for my kiddos. After turkey day, I finally started dealing with all the emotions and I seem to more consistently be back on track, so here I am, and here we go. To another year. I hope to get updated on all of you soon.
1/7/ 2-45 min walks and 1-25 min walk
Old 01-08-2016, 12:07 PM   #97  
Andando...

bookwyrm Welcome!!! and don't be discouraged, if I see a gain I give it 2 days before freaking out.

love2b150, my rings usually are pretty lose during the winter and tight-ish during summer.

As of me... I am puzzled. So, yesterday felt like ****. I am not sure why, had nothing to di with the diet, our pup went to get groomed/daycare and I guess I was lonely? I am not sure... I was managing though, until evening came around. I broke like 3 times before bedtime, 2 of those I didn't even knew why. My dinner was pretty bad, had a serving of small fries and 6 garlic rolls (I wasn't even hungry by the time I got to the rolls and I knew it!!). Sigh, I had been so happy and motivated these past few days. Today we were invited to dinner with some people we don't know (like, our parents are friends and now we happen to live in the same city but I have never met you before type of thing) and I have no clue what they are making.

Positive thing though... I was expecting an up in the scale this morning, but NO! A 1.8 drop! 219.7 this morning.

Anyway, I hope my moping is over... I binge eat when I am sad. Hope you are all doing better than me.
Old 01-08-2016, 12:14 PM   #98  
lovemylife001

S/C/G: 180/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7

back MadeToThrive &I am Powerful

DayDreamer We all have those days. I have been know to polish off a half of jar of peanut butter for no reason what so ever. I just think that the hormones get out of whack at times. on the loss, your hard work is paying off, so don't beat yourself up over a slip up. You are doing great.

Does anyone know about Volumetrics? I saw that thread on the forum a few weeks ago and ordered the book. I'll let you guys know what I think. It should be arriving either today or tomorrow.
Old 01-08-2016, 12:22 PM   #99  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 286.8/198.8/150ish

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am powerful View Post
You may or may not remember me, but I'm back. Last year kicked my batootie. My 7mo old was hospitalized, my grandma, mother, aunt and uncle all passed away. Then we found out the dr over my mother's care lost her license because she was found negligent in my mother's death and let's just say, I lost it. This time last year I was over 40 lbs lighter. Most of it I gained since August when I found out my mom didn't have to die. I used sugar and fat and salt to deal and function so I could keep caring for my kiddos. After turkey day, I finally started dealing with all the emotions and I seem to more consistently be back on track, so here I am, and here we go. To another year. I hope to get updated on all of you soon.
1/7/ 2-45 min walks and 1-25 min walk
I do remember you, and I just returned also. I am so sorry you had to go through all this in the past year. We are here for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayDreamer26 View Post
Positive thing though... I was expecting an up in the scale this morning, but NO! A 1.8 drop! 219.7 this morning.
Yay for the loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeToThrive View Post
Thanks for the nudge Rennie! I'm here. Life has been crazy, stressful, lots of things going on. I've managed to stay in the teens but I've not been very focused or put much effort into taking care of myself. I'll update my numbers later.
Welcome back MadeToThrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap14 View Post
I did peek this morning though and look at the scale...I've gone down 2lbs since starting Wednesday! Probably water weight, but hey, it's something!
Congratulations on the loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2b150 View Post
imthegoddess Good job on the 3lb drop
Thanks, and thanks for the words of encouragement. As far as working out, yes they do. I have seen my SIL ski all day then come home and do the stair stepper for 45 min to an hour. My BIL has said things to her I would punch him for, but that is their relationship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemylife001 View Post
Good Morning Everyone It's TGIF

The week sure did go by fast. We are actually having decent weather but we are suppose to get snow on Sunday only a couple of inches. I don't have any big plans for this weekend. I think that I'm just going to do the usual chores and relax.

imthegoddess on the loss. Keep it up!
Thank you , and enjoy your weekend.

It is snowing here today, and I don't think we have any real plans for this weekend. I'm still trying to get the house in order from the holidays. I have a few more things to pack up.

I have a new project at work to keep me busy, and I should be doing it right now; however, this is more fun. Have a great day everyone.

Last edited by imthegoddess; 01-08-2016 at 12:24 PM.
Old 01-08-2016, 03:09 PM   #100  
Alicia :)

Height: 5'2"

Hi all - been a crazy week. Went off track on Tuesday night - and worked hard the last 2 days to get that off! Re-focused and ready to continue working hard. Back under 250 - now just need to get out of the 240's and into the next decade!

I'm also in the process of interviewing at other consulting firms, and man I never realized how nerve wracking it can be. I've remained at my current employer for 7.5 yrs (my first job out of college) so all this change has me nervous! I know it's good and healthy to change companies in my industry over time, so I know it will get me out of my comfort zone and stretch me in new ways - but at times I'm like ugh - am I doing the wrong thing?

Anyways, hope everyone had a great, smooth week to kick off 2016! And hope we all remain strong and focused over the weekend!!
Old 01-08-2016, 04:06 PM   #101  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

I signed up for an indoor triathlon today! Seems pretty cool. Anyone done anything like that before?
Old 01-08-2016, 06:15 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 243/218/130

Height: 5ft 3in

Thank you for the welcome messages . Sorry for the double post not sure how that happened.

1. 218.2
2. 218.2
3. 218.2
4. 218.2
5. 218.2
6. 217.4 (-.8)
7. 217.2 (-.2)
8. 217.6 (+.4)

I really wasn't happy with the gain, but know this could be down to any number of factors and it is my first gain since mid-December when it was 2lbs rather than .4lb.
Old 01-08-2016, 06:49 PM   #103  
~Rennie

ok I gotta go to bed but I am glad/happy to see ... Kris, I am powerful, Alicia and dcapulet ... I will catch up tomorrow.

Good night ALL
Old 01-08-2016, 06:49 PM   #104  
Free Fat to a Good Home!

S/C/G: 238.8/ticker/140

Hello to everyone who has joined!

I hit my 8 glasses of water goal for the first time today - woo hoo! I went to visit a friend this afternoon and made sure to eat before I left...that backfired and I felt my stomach growling at me. That was my cue to leave LOL

I had a nice side salad (or a giant one...I needed to knock out 2 servings of veggies) and some rotini and meatballs for dinner. It was pretty good actually, but of course, healthy nutrisystem food won't taste like the real thing (It's even harder for me since I'm Italian and I know good sauce/pasta dishes!)
Old 01-08-2016, 10:54 PM   #105  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 286.8/198.8/150ish

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by akelly728 View Post
Hi all - been a crazy week. Went off track on Tuesday night - and worked hard the last 2 days to get that off! Re-focused and ready to continue working hard. Back under 250 - now just need to get out of the 240's and into the next decade!

I'm also in the process of interviewing at other consulting firms, and man I never realized how nerve wracking it can be. I've remained at my current employer for 7.5 yrs (my first job out of college) so all this change has me nervous! I know it's good and healthy to change companies in my industry over time, so I know it will get me out of my comfort zone and stretch me in new ways - but at times I'm like ugh - am I doing the wrong thing?

Anyways, hope everyone had a great, smooth week to kick off 2016! And hope we all remain strong and focused over the weekend!!
Good luck with the job interview. You'll do great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcapulet View Post
I signed up for an indoor triathlon today! Seems pretty cool. Anyone done anything like that before?
I haven't, and I'm impressed. Keep us posted on the details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookwyrm View Post
Thank you for the welcome messages . Sorry for the double post not sure how that happened.

1. 218.2
2. 218.2
3. 218.2
4. 218.2
5. 218.2
6. 217.4 (-.8)
7. 217.2 (-.2)
8. 217.6 (+.4)

I really wasn't happy with the gain, but know this could be down to any number of factors and it is my first gain since mid-December when it was 2lbs rather than .4lb.
I'll say it again, that's why I can't weigh everyday. It will be gone tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2b150 View Post
ok I gotta go to bed but I am glad/happy to see ... Kris, I am powerful, Alicia and dcapulet ... I will catch up tomorrow.

Good night ALL
Good night

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap14 View Post
Hello to everyone who has joined!

I hit my 8 glasses of water goal for the first time today - woo hoo! I went to visit a friend this afternoon and made sure to eat before I left...that backfired and I felt my stomach growling at me. That was my cue to leave LOL

I had a nice side salad (or a giant one...I needed to knock out 2 servings of veggies) and some rotini and meatballs for dinner. It was pretty good actually, but of course, healthy nutrisystem food won't taste like the real thing (It's even harder for me since I'm Italian and I know good sauce/pasta dishes!)
Great job on the water. I have a smaller brita water pitcher in my office, and I fill it several times a day. It helps me get my water in because it is right there by me.

Good night everyone. See you tomorrow.
Closed Thread