Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 10:27 AM   #61  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

winning great attitude a usual

Martine, glad to hear the depo is working for you. Good job on the workout

lovemylife, I sure hope she comes through lovemylife I just saw your comment on Monday to Candidcamster. I just learned about Beanitos thanks to Cammy. and I too walk a ton at work. The only time you sit is breaks and lunch

m weight stayed the same. I ate a ton of corn when I got home from church yesterday so that could be it, but it is what it is have a great day everyone

Last edited by love2b150; 10-08-2015 at 10:34 AM.
Old 10-08-2015, 10:59 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 319/238/160

Height: 5' 6"

Good morning everyone! Sorry I have been MIA. It is what I call the "The Harvest Moster", it eats my time.

Monday one of hubby's co-workers gave us a bunch of tomatoes. So Tuseday after my walk I canned 10 quarts of bloody mary mix. I use it in chili and hotdishes, as well as for bloody mary's and I drink it plain too. As we were finishing up one of our dogs was back in the grove barking like crazy! Hubby decided to go see what was back there. As soon as hubby shined the flashlight on it....it attacked. Our dog got srpayed by a skunk. It was already 9:30 and I hadn't made supper yet. And he is an outside farm dog. So I didn't do anything with him Tuesday night. Last night after work I gave him a bath with the concoction the vet told me to use. Cooper is about 70 pounds. He completely freaks out when he is on a leash. The first and second leash I used he chewed through. Then I found a dog chain. He broke that. I found a much bigger chain. He let me scrub him as long as he could lay against me. Wet, skunky dog. YUCK! I got him scrubbed and had to let the mixture sit for 15 minutes. Then the real challenge began. I had to try to rinse him off. I found the only thing he hates more than being tied up, is the garden hose. He was running around howlingand I was pretty much chasing him with the hose. I had hooked it up in the house so it wasn't cold water. He finally broke his collar. He was sudsy and running aroud the yard, a couple times I cornered him and dumped pails of water on him. The process took about an hour and a half. I did not get my walk in, but I think I still got a workout. The neighbors were hauling sugar beets and went by several times. I am pretty sure they think I have lost my ever lovin' mind.

I will go back and read the posts I missed. Hope everyone is doing well! The weekend is almost here!!

July 7: 318.8
Sept. 4: 276.4
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sept. 25: 262.2
Sept. 26: DWI
Sept. 27: DWI
Sept. 28: 263.4
Sept. 29: 263.0
Sept. 30: 262.2
Oct. 01: 261.4
Oct. 02: 260.0
Oct. 03: 259.8
Oct. 04: 259.8
Oct. 05: 258.4
Oct. 06: 258.0
Oct. 07: 257.6
Oct. 08: 256.2
Old 10-08-2015, 12:10 PM   #63  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Kate, good to see you. What an eventful time you've had. And yes the fun with Cooper had to have been enough exercise
Old 10-08-2015, 12:57 PM   #64  
Alicia :)

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kukkie84 View Post
akelly yay, you're back! I assume you're in between projects? Peanut is good, a bit of a cold. The weather here took quite the dip the past few days here. Brrrr. Not ready for it.
Yep! And enjoying the time off - have jogged a few different times, but still working on the overeating. The 20 pounds I put on since January is NOT helping me in any way. Gotta knock it out! Hope Peanut is feeling better now! I dont know how you strong people handle the cold weather - I'm praying I don't land on a new project in the north in February!

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2b150 View Post
Alicia, It's been raining here for most of two weeks, much needed of course. And the temps have been great with the exception of one 80 degree muggy day. Yesterday and today are pretty chilly ... I'm ready for fall but without the rain I like sunshine Everyone's doing well. Kids are keeping me busy and it' crazy with my schedule but I'm making it
The sun finally popped out this week here in GA - hoping it's the same where you are! We've hit 80's this week, so I just want us to hit 70's with chilly evenings and never change!!

Glad the kiddos are doing well - hang in there! You're maintaining much better than I am! I need whooshes but only I have the power to make those happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by winning15 View Post
Hello ladies, Happy October!!

Look what number decided to show back up on my scale today. UGH!!! I will continue to take it one day at a time and will not let that number define me.

1. 223.3
2. 222.4
3. 223.6
4. 221.9 *NEW LOW*
5. 222.5
6. 223.9
7. 223.6
8. 225.5 (+3.4)
While you may be down by the 225, congrats on hitting a new low! It will come back - the scale ALWAYS does that to us - shows us a new number, then BAM hits us where it hurts - show the scale who's boss and that you'll be hitting new lows every week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateB View Post
Good morning everyone! Sorry I have been MIA. It is what I call the "The Harvest Moster", it eats my time.

Monday one of hubby's co-workers gave us a bunch of tomatoes. So Tuseday after my walk I canned 10 quarts of bloody mary mix. I use it in chili and hotdishes, as well as for bloody mary's and I drink it plain too. As we were finishing up one of our dogs was back in the grove barking like crazy! Hubby decided to go see what was back there. As soon as hubby shined the flashlight on it....it attacked. Our dog got srpayed by a skunk. It was already 9:30 and I hadn't made supper yet. And he is an outside farm dog. So I didn't do anything with him Tuesday night. Last night after work I gave him a bath with the concoction the vet told me to use. Cooper is about 70 pounds. He completely freaks out when he is on a leash. The first and second leash I used he chewed through. Then I found a dog chain. He broke that. I found a much bigger chain. He let me scrub him as long as he could lay against me. Wet, skunky dog. YUCK! I got him scrubbed and had to let the mixture sit for 15 minutes. Then the real challenge began. I had to try to rinse him off. I found the only thing he hates more than being tied up, is the garden hose. He was running around howlingand I was pretty much chasing him with the hose. I had hooked it up in the house so it wasn't cold water. He finally broke his collar. He was sudsy and running aroud the yard, a couple times I cornered him and dumped pails of water on him. The process took about an hour and a half. I did not get my walk in, but I think I still got a workout. The neighbors were hauling sugar beets and went by several times. I am pretty sure they think I have lost my ever lovin' mind.
Harvest Monster - I love that! I have some friends in Wisconsin that said they are buried under harvest time - but part of me wishes down here in GA we had the chilly weather to go along with harvest time! Crazy story about the skunk! My little 8 pound Maltese would die out there LOL!

As for me - I've jogged a few times but still not losing like I know I should be. Been having some headaches - not sure what's causing them (caffeine, carb fluctuations, etc) so made an appointment to see my Doc next week. Hoping to get the fire under my butt that I need! Happy Thursday everyone!!!

Last edited by akelly728; 10-08-2015 at 12:58 PM.
Old 10-08-2015, 06:27 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

everyone!

It's been a busy, busy week for me with various tasks. I have tomorrow off so that will be a chance to catch my breath.

Nice to see you both @KateB and @akelly728. KateB, I'm originally from Nebraska and while my family wasn't a farm family, I had many friends who did grow up and work their family farm. I remember the 'harvest monster' well. on the mass canning adventure and taking care of Cooper after the skunk funk fiasco. What a lucky pooch!

@Martine: Great news from from your Obgyn! to your ballet workout comment! You won the battle by completing it Your comment also reminded me that I have the NYC Ballet: The Complete Workout Vol. 1 & 2. Have never done them but you've inspired me to dig them out

@bigjoe: How did the appointment go? Here's hoping you're out of pain and that the root canal was successful.

@winning15: Dramatic jumps up the scale especially when you're on plan. Just know that you have A LOT of company.

A safe and wonderful weekend to everyone
Old 10-09-2015, 07:20 AM   #66  
Gizmo

Kateb how awful that your dog got sprayed by a skunk, poor puppy. All that running around to get him cleaned up sure was a workout for you. Nice job on the consistent weight drop.

akelly728 nice to see you back.

curvynotlumpy enjoy your day off!

No workout for me today, gotta go in to work early (unexpectedly), as a colleague called in sick.

1: 231.6
2: 232.4
3: 233.4
4: 233.2
5: 232.8
6: 231.6
7: 232.0
8: 233.2 ugh
9: 231.6
Old 10-09-2015, 08:40 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 200/193/140

Height: 5'5

Hey everyone!

Wrapping up the first week at this new job. Still trying to adjust to the new schedule and the commute. It isn't horrible, but I've been so used to working so close to home that I've forgotten what the hustle and bustle is like. Anyway, it'll take some adjustment, but I knew that. I have realized that food prep on the weekends is going to be really important for me if I'm going to eat well through the week, otherwise it's going to end up being a bunch of quick lunches and dinners and that's a dangerous zone for me. The great news is that there is a gym on-site for a nominal fee. It's like $50 for the entire year, not the most equipped gym, but enough to get in a decent workout. And it will beat trying to get in a workout after Peanut's bedtime, at which time I'm exhausted. I'm going to sign up! Really excited about it.

From a weight perspective, a bit of a gain. I'm at 208.4 this morning. But as I said, food prep is going to be key for me going forward. Right now, I'm in packing mode as we get ready to go to Seattle next Friday. Ahhh.
Old 10-09-2015, 08:52 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 286/Ticker/150

This month my goal is to be at least 216!!

Starting Weight: 222.1
Goal Weight: 216

Ladies never give up no matter how bumpy the road may look, because the end of that road is VICTORY!!

I will continue to take it one day at a time and will not let that number define me.

My scale is going in the wrong directions! We work so hard to get it to go down and then it shoot up on us. UGH!!! Thank you ladies

1. 223.3
2. 222.4
3. 223.6
4. 221.9 *NEW LOW*
5. 222.5
6. 223.9
7. 223.6
8. 225.5
9. 226.1 (+4) UGH!!

Last edited by winning15; 10-09-2015 at 08:58 AM.
Old 10-09-2015, 09:46 AM   #69  
lovemylife001

S/C/G: 180/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7

Good Morning Everyone It's TGIF

love2b150

KateB Sorry about your dog being sprayed by the skunk. That's one thing that I always worried about before my dog passed last year. We have a lot of skunks and raccoons were I'm at and she was always chasing them.

aKelly728

Curvy enjoy your day off. I'm off today too I plan on relaxing.

Martine on the loss. Hope your work day goes fast. Everyone at my job is sick as well. The weather here has been so up and down lately so I'm sure that's part of the problem.

Kukkie84 That's awesome about the onsite gym. We use to have one at my job, years ago. And that's a great price.

winning15 The scale well start cooperating soon, I'm sure. Mines hasn't moved at all, I'm trying not to get all freaked out over it lol. Might have to try to switch things up next week.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 10-09-2015, 02:55 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 319/238/160

Height: 5' 6"

akelly I would ove to hear about your Maltese. We had both our house dogs put down in August. One was very old and sick (cancer) the other had a stroke. We have grandchildren that are 4 yr old and 3 months, we just could trust either of them around the kids any longer. They were both CockerSpaniels (mother and son). I am looking for something even smaller and furry. Reading about smaller breeds there aren't very many that would do well home alone for 10 hour spans. We won't have any 4 legged additions until at least next spring.

kukkie- Food prep is what makes or breaks my diet. I AM NOT a morning person. I have to have my fruit weighed and my protien planned for breakfast and my lunch packed the night before. If I leave it until morning I will either be running late or forget something or just say screw it and grab something from the wheel o' death at the local gas station.

winning- We have all struggled with scales that seem to have a mind of their own. Bodies just fluxuate. Just stay focused and stick to your plan. It will cooperate eventually.

lovemylife Sorry about your dog passing. I know how hard it is. We just lost our two house dogs. Cooper is our outside dog. Supposed watch dog (HA!) he will alert us to any rabbits, squirrel, raccoons, opposums, or deer, and now skunks in the grove. When it somes to foxes trying to get in the chicken coop is sits and watches. People drive up on the yard and he runs to them hoping they will love him up. Some watch dog!

Tonight there is a "Paint n Sip" fund raiser for my grandson's preschool that I am going to with my mom and daughter in law. I am really excited! I really enjoy painting and most anything craft related. It seems lately the only time I get a chance to paint is at one of these events. Supper is going to be tricky as I have an hour and half drive to get there, I know they are serving food but I am sure very few things on plan. I do have some veggies along so I will have something.

Tomorrow I will start moving furniture out of my living room and trying to find a place we can keep it out of the way. We are going to be painting the ceiling and walls and installing new carpet this month. I also bartend tomorrow night.

Sunday they are talkig unseasonably warm...hot here. They are predicting 85-90. I plan on spending the day outside!! I have to enjoy the nice weather whie it is here, soon there will be snow and cold.YUCK!

Scale snuck up just a tad yesterday. But I have had some bigger losses this week so I kind of expected it to do that. Oh Well! Just keep on keepin' on!

I hope everybody has an awesome weekend!

July 7: 318.8
Sept. 4: 276.4
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sept. 25: 262.2
Sept. 26: DWI
Sept. 27: DWI
Sept. 28: 263.4
Sept. 29: 263.0
Sept. 30: 262.2
Oct. 01: 261.4
Oct. 02: 260.0
Oct. 03: 259.8
Oct. 04: 259.8
Oct. 05: 258.4
Oct. 06: 258.0
Oct. 07: 257.6
Oct. 08: 256.2
Oct. 09: 256.4
Old 10-10-2015, 07:32 AM   #71  

Ladies never give up no matter how bumpy the road may look, because the end of that road is VICTORY!!

I will continue to take it one day at a time and will not let that number define me.

Ok scale you had your fun. You tried to beat me, destroy me and make me quit, but it is not going to work. Time for you to pack up and go home.

Have a bless day ladies!

1. 223.3
2. 222.4
3. 223.6
4. 221.9 *NEW LOW*
5. 222.5
6. 223.9
7. 223.6
8. 225.5
9. 226.1
10.226.9 (+4.8)
Old 10-11-2015, 02:55 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

friends! I hope everyone is having a good Sunday. Weight today: 205 lbs. even. I've noticed that when I'm at home my weight drops far more consistently than during the work week (when I do have losses). I'm equally as busy at home but the stress is far, far less. I think stress (or relative absence of it) plays a huge role in those losses and gains. I need to truly learn to "not the sweat the small stuff." Too much time is devoted to things that could be let go of. Any of you feel the same?

@Kukkie84: Right on regarding the onsite gym And $50 for the entire year? Can't beat that. At my university we have a state of the art fitness center but it costs no less for staff than a regular gym membership anywhere else and it's always teeming with students so there is no incentive to work out there.

@winning15: We support each other through every gain or loss.

@KateB: I'm with you regarding the weather. Here on the West Coast we are experiencing similar temps. I've started calling it "the summer that refuses to die"
Old 10-11-2015, 03:43 PM   #73  

@Curvy thanks

I took a really big hit last week. Time to shock the body and switch things up.

Have a bless day ladies!

1. 223.3
2. 222.4
3. 223.6
4. 221.9 *NEW LOW*
5. 222.5
6. 223.9
7. 223.6
8. 225.5
9. 226.1
11.227.7 (+5.6)

Last edited by winning15; 10-11-2015 at 03:43 PM.
Old 10-12-2015, 06:56 AM   #74  
Gizmo

curvynotlumpy I know exactly how you feel regarding stress and work hindering your weight loss. I often let work completely overtake my life. It's not as bad as it used to be, thank goodness.

kukkie84 that 50$ gym membership is an amazing deal. And I agree with you that weekend meal prep is a lifesaver.

winning15 you got this and we're cheering you on.

I hope everyone had a nice weekend. I was working and it was incredibly busy at the store, so I was exhausted all weekend, but not as much as in the past. I guess exercising is making a difference, I have a bit more energy all around.

Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canadians!

1: 231.6
2: 232.4
3: 233.4
4: 233.2
5: 232.8
6: 231.6
7: 232.0
8: 233.2 ugh
9: 231.6
10: 231.0
11: 231.4
12: 231.2
Old 10-12-2015, 08:44 AM   #75  

@Martine I feel you are about to break into the 220's this week.

Have a bless day ladies!

1. 223.3
2. 222.4
3. 223.6
4. 221.9 *NEW LOW*
5. 222.5
6. 223.9
7. 223.6
8. 225.5
9. 226.1
12.227.2 (+5.1)

Last edited by winning15; 10-12-2015 at 08:44 AM.
Closed Thread