Old 09-25-2017, 08:03 AM   #226  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Hi Natasha! Nobody will mind...it's pretty quiet in here as well Congratulations on your success so far!

Last edited by Angie; 09-25-2017 at 08:04 AM.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 08:10 AM   #227  
ready to succeed

S/C/G: 251/257/160

Not sure if anyone is lurking this page still...

I've had a rough few months. I was firmly in the low 240s for a while, but my binge eating got the best of me just like that the 250s sneaked up on me. I was 257 at my highest, and have seemed to level out at 253. I stopped bingeing about 2-3 months ago, though I do still have my occasional day. I thought if I stopped bingeing I would drop back to where I was, and I am resentful that I didn't. None of my clothes fit, and I cringe at full body photos right now. I just keep thinking of all the outfits I'll have if I can drop 15lbs. All the outfits I have in storage if I can drop 20-25 by summer.

I have PCOS, so I have been struggling with weight for my of my life. Losing weight with PCOS is super slow going and frustrating, but if I want to get pregnant, then I have to push myself to start losing. I have not been working on any lifestyle change at the moment, but I am starting to feel the motivation come back. I do especially well with meal plans, but haven't found many online that don't require a whole lot of expensive groceries.

Work has been overwhelmingly stressful, and I haven't gotten paid in 3 weeks, eating healthy vs. paying bills is a hard choice to make.

Hope everyone had a great holiday season, onward and downward!
FatDoesntDefineMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 08:49 AM   #228  
ready to succeed

S/C/G: 251/257/160

So I downloaded the app: LoseIt!, I've never been great at recording my food. I hate on apps when it asks how many ounces of chips I've had. Who knows that? This seems to be a bit more comprehensive than other apps I've used. It lets you choose "pieces" or "slices" for certain things. It also has a beta function where you can snap a picture of your food and they will identify what it is. I set a goal to get to 190. I know I'll still need to lose beyond that, but it would be nice to get out of the 200's. With the suggested calorie intake for losing roughly 2lbs a week, I should be at that weight in September. We'll see how it goes. I have been doing it for a week and a half, and have had 4 days over calories, but overall for this last week I was under my weekly calories.

I am still not exercising. I need to find that motivation. Wish it were warmer out.

Anyone else around?
FatDoesntDefineMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 12:15 PM   #229  
Insta @xxtherealquinnxx

S/C/G: 256.4/251/155

Hi - I'm not sure if there's anyone out there still in the 260s and 250s, but here I am!

My story is that I've gained 80 pounds in the past two years due to a combination of depression + emotional eating and my anti-anxiety/depression medications (which are notorious for causing weight gain). I now have my depression and anxiety well under control, but the weight remains. I just started taking my diet seriously a couple of days ago, so I'm truly at the beginning of my journey, but I'm excited. I've already shed a couple of pounds of water weight! Now, I just need to take exercising seriously, haha.

I'm at 253.8 right now, and cannot wait to get down to the 240s. To anyone out there reading this, WE CAN DO IT!
SantaClaritaDiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 01:55 PM   #230  
Insta @xxtherealquinnxx

I'm getting closer! 252.2 lbs. at weigh-in today. So excited! I'm looking forward to getting back into the 240s. That will be a minor achievement for me, as I have not been in the 240s for about four or five months.

I started something new yesterday - it's called Rising Heroes and is part of Nerd Fitness. I'm really hoping that participating in this program that I can establish the habits that I need in order to get my weight loss to continue. It's only a little tough for me right now, but I know that I can have lazy days which turn into lazy weeks and lazy months... I need this accountability. Has anyone else tried any fitness / accountability programs? How have you gotten your healthier habits to stick?
Old 02-23-2018, 09:52 AM   #231  
Insta @xxtherealquinnxx

Well... I had a bit of a bump up to 252.8. And this time I was only in my underwear instead of my jammy pants. DARN! I'm probably just retaining water, but it's still a bummer. I was hoping to see 251.X.

Anyway, it's less than a pound. I'm sure it'll be gone soon enough.

I did something crazy - I signed up for a Spartan race in December. HOLY CRAP. I'm going to have to get down to the 170s by December. EEEP! I'm going to need to be committed, but I think it's do-able. It's basically 2 pounds lost per week until the race. 240s, let's start with you!

Old 02-28-2018, 10:47 AM   #232  
Insta @xxtherealquinnxx

I'm down to 250.8! I can't wait to get to 249.9!
Old 03-14-2018, 06:15 PM   #233  

S/C/G: 304.2/298/124

Height: 5'3"

I've finally made it into this new decade. Weighed in at 268.7 today! I'm so excited. Hope someone else slips in here. I'll be here until the next!
momtopands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 06:49 PM   #234  

S/C/G: 265/265/140

Height: 5'7"

I'm in the 260's and would like to join in! I won't be weighing myself until mid-April, but hopefully I'll be closer to the 250's when I do!

Nice to meet you all!
PrimordialSoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 12:18 PM   #235  

S/C/G: 304.2/298/124

Down in a new decade that I haven't seen in over 5 years! 258.8 today! Hope more people sneak in here!
momtopands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 09:56 AM   #236  

S/C/G: 302/268/200

Height: 5'7"

Hey kidlets. It has been quite awhile since I have been here. Quick background. Six years ago,gastric sleeve got down to 210. Two years ago Knee replacement then had the other done. I was off work for the whole year. Then decided to leave work and be caregiver for my 95 year old mum. Since then have gained 50+ pounds. I worked in a factory and was on my feet walking 8-10 hrs a day. Mum has a little dementia and gets a little emotional now if I leave her alone for any length of time. I do try to get her out walking with her walker but know I need to get moving more. I am looking joining a local gym. I miss the one went to. Went to a bellydance show that featured some of the ladies I used to dance with. It made me see how much I miss it. So it is time for a change. Putting on some music and digging out the old hipscarves. I can do that and keep an eye on mum. It will be hard but hoping the muscle memory comes back. Gotta lose 60+ pounds. Glad to be here.

Last edited by sueBhoney; 06-17-2018 at 08:59 PM.
sueBhoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 12:19 PM   #237  

S/C/G: 291.1/ticker/161

Height: 5'11.5"

Hi everyone! It's been a while since I've posted on one of the decade threads (last time was getting out of the 280s & 270s this time last year). Just the cliffs notes version of my story: I've been "overweight" for as long as I can remember. When I was a kid I was always off the height/weight chart (mostly due to my height). I played sports all through school, up until my senior year of high school. I never dropped my calorie intake or payed attention to nutrition when my activity level changed and then started a series of crash diets and yo-yo-ing over the last 10 years or so.

I started the keto diet back in the beginning of May (seriously re-committed to losing weight back in January) and have lost 10lbs since keto, 25lbs so far this year. My weight hasn't caused any health problems (yet), but I know my genetic predisposition to certain disease processes and would like to try and nip that in the bud now before it wreaks havoc down the road.

My ultimate goal is a total loss of 130 pounds (105 left!), and my goal for June is to make it to 261 (CW: 266.1).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sueBhoney View Post
Hey kidlets. It has been quite awhile since I have been here. Quick background. Six years ago,gastric sleeve got down to 210. Two years ago Knee replacement then had the other done. I was off work for the whole year. Then decided to leave work and be caregiver for my 95 year old mum. ... Mum has a little dementia and gets a little emotional now if I leave her alone for any length of time. ... So it is time for a change. Putting on some music and digging out the old hipscarves. I can do that and keep an eye on mum. It will be hard but hoping the muscle memory comes back. Gotta lose 60+ pounds. Glad to be here.
sueBhoney: Kudos to you being there for your mom, that's wonderful! The role of caregiver is not easy, but very rewarding. And how lucky she is to have you taking care of her! It's awesome that you're able to bring a workout home and do it while being able to care for your mom.

Last edited by RunningRedHead; 06-22-2018 at 02:20 PM.
RunningRedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 02:47 PM   #238  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Default Good Afternoon!

I am not new to 3FC, and I may have been on this board in the past. I went to a dietitian today for what I call "Remedial Diabetes Class", did not learn anything that I did no know from the first class. My weight there was 260, but that is with shoes, clothes, keys, cell phone. My last weight at home was 254. I really need to get a handle on my eating. I do not have the time, or the desire to keep a detailed food journal, it keeps me too focus on food and it can become obsessive, and I simply do not have the time, but what I am planning on doing is typing up a "grid" with each food group with one square equaling one serving and then having as many squares as the servings I should be having. Anyway sorry for rambling. Blessings
TamTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 09:42 AM   #239  

S/C/G: 291.1/ticker/161

Height: 5'11.5"

TamTam: Hi there! I love the idea of your grid, I've toyed with doing an idea like this in the past, but never followed through with it

I'm so close to being in the 250's. Weigh-in this AM was 260.8 that I get there by the end of the week! I was going back through my history of logging weights in MFP and realized that I haven't weighed in the 260's since halfway through college!

Have a great day everyone!
RunningRedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 11:51 AM   #240  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Had a nice relaxing day off yesterday. Will not weigh in this Friday as we had boiled crabs last night, will have them tonight and hopefully will have enough for tomorrow night and I will probably have a weight gain due to water retention from the salt.
TamTam is offline   Reply With Quote