Old 06-27-2016, 10:57 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 277/170/130

Height: 5'7" / Age: 31

Hi everyone! I'm 257.6 today, same as yesterday. My goal for June was to make it out of the 260s so I'm really happy I was able to do it! My next goal is 255, so that I will be under BMI 40 and no longer morbidly obese. I'm hoping I can lose another 15 lbs in July and get out of the 250s but with the weather getting warm, exercise will be harder to do - I'll still try my best though! Since I have so much weight to lose (130 lbs) it might be possible to lose that much in one month.

LisaLaLa - Sorry I don't know much about Ideal Protein. I think there is a section on the forums about it though. I can't post links yet but on the main forum page check Diet Central - Packaged Meals - Ideal Protein. Sorry I couldn't be more help!

Welcome back, gagirl1! You can do this!! I love your positive attitude!! I know July will be great
pinkstarberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 02:21 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 299/263/150

Height: 5' 4"

I am finally seeing the scale move again and I am so thankful. I was at 256.6 this morning. I hope I hit 255 this week, which is my next 5% goal I've been looking forward to for many months now. I am worried about the July 4th celebration next week, which also happens to be my dad's birthday. I'm going to enjoy the day and get right back on track.
gagirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 10:33 AM   #123  

Yay! I reached my mini goal of 255, which is the 3rd time I've lost 5% of my weight. I have found it less daunting to focus on that percentage rather than the ultimate goal. I'm so happy to have that behind me and move on to the next mini goal. The great thing is that the amount to lose gets a little less each time.
Old 07-05-2016, 05:19 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 256/251/145

Height: 5'6"

Hello Everyone, I am new to this thread. I lost a bit of weight but then gained it back. I am at it again!

Last edited by scarletmeshell; 07-05-2016 at 05:20 PM.
scarletmeshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 05:40 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 299/Ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

I am still stalled so I am doing an egg/fat fast. Not very appetizing but it's not too difficult because I am eating low carb anyway. We will see if the scale moves by the end of the week!

Congrats to all on sticking to it! It's not an easy journey!
Dragonfly33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 06:45 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 256/251/145

Height: 5'6"

Hello Dragonfly, What exactly is an egg fast? I hope you get unstuck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly33 View Post
I am still stalled so I am doing an egg/fat fast. Not very appetizing but it's not too difficult because I am eating low carb anyway. We will see if the scale moves by the end of the week!

Congrats to all on sticking to it! It's not an easy journey!
scarletmeshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 09:46 AM   #127  

Welcome Scarlet! Dragonfly, you and I are almost identical in stats. I am also just getting past a plateau and I was happy to see 254.2 this morning. I can't remember the last time I was this weight, probably more than 15 years at least. I am also curious about the egg fast. How does that work?
Old 07-11-2016, 09:44 AM   #128  

S/C/G: 273/Ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi all. I'm new to the forums, been reading for a while. I have enjoyed watching other folks successes and feel it has been really helpful for jumpstarting my weight loss! Just wanted to come on the thread to say congratulations to you all and keep it up!

Last edited by kittens; 07-11-2016 at 10:06 AM.
kittens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 03:17 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 299/Ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

The egg fast is a good stall breaker if you are eating low carb and hit a plateau. You eat eggs and fats in equal ratios (1 egg: 1tbsp fat with min. 6 eggs per day) and only 4oz of cheese per day. It's very hard but it works. I am cycling a few times to see if they weight stays off, I've last 5lbs last week and gained back 2 going back to standard keto eating. I am on day 3 of my second cycle with 2 more days to go. I stay pretty high fat on off days and introduce alternate proteins. It's not meant for long term but it is safe if you follow it exactly. It's not meant for calorie counters wanting to break a plateau as it will make you feel yucky. I got a new scale and when I got it, I weighed much less than my old scale said but I am not updating my weight until I see a steady decline. My body is very resistant at this point. It seems happy at 252-253lbs :/ Once I see below 250lbs, I will feel better.
Dragonfly33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 08:23 AM   #130  

I've been on the roller coaster of weight loss and gain for the past week. Finally saw a small loss of .2 this morning. Happy to have it.
Dragonfly I read about the egg fast online after you posted about it the other day. I am thinking of doing it for maybe 3 days the end of next week and see what kind of results I may have. The lady who runs the I Breathe I'm Hungry website had posted about it a few years ago and I read her info. Interesting stuff. I had never heard of an egg fast so thanks for bringing it up. Just one more reason I love these boards.
Old 07-15-2016, 11:58 AM   #131  

Congrats gagirl1! I'm impressed with your ability to move through plateaus. I'm worried about when I will hit mine as it has been derailing for me in the past. What did you do to keep on track?
Old 07-15-2016, 04:13 PM   #132  

Thanks Kittens! Plateaus stink! As you know, it's all about your mindset. I have struggled with my weight for as long as I can remember, and I have finally decided I want to be healthier and more active. I would be lying if I said some of it wasn't vanity. I also want to be average size and not feel like I stand out because of my weight. In the past I have been quick to let my weight creep back up if I lost more than 10-15 pounds. As much as I want to lose and keep it off, when I hit a plateau back in the fall, mainly because I wasn't dieting like I should have been, I yo-yo'd the same 6-8 pounds for more than six months, but I didn't beat myself up and give up. I didn't lose a pound and keep it off from October-June! But I didn't give myself permission to gain back everything I had lost to that point either. I have really learned the kinds of food my body doesn't do well with, mainly carbs. The bottom line is that you can't view your plateau as failure, just a temporary setback. I have found that it helps to keep a picture on my phone from a year ago when I was 45 pounds heavier. I like using that picture and a current picture and making a pic collage on my phone to remind myself of what I have accomplished and to be proud of that. No matter how far I have left to go, I know I don't want to go back to where I was. Just be prepared for the plateau and know that it will most likely happen and you can get past it.
Old 07-17-2016, 11:08 AM   #133  

Thank you gagirl1!! That was so helpful! I've been discovering about commitment and carbs this time around... I think you are on to something. I feel that working with the psychology of why I am eating has helped too. So glad to hear you are doing well! The strength to continue that you have exhibited is inspiring! Congrats on all of your loss and healthy choices so far!
Old 07-19-2016, 09:20 AM   #134  

My weekend was not great. I gained a little, but I've gotten most of it off so that's encouraging. I see my doctor a week from today for my physical and she had told me last year to lose weight, of course. I was 292 when I first saw her and I had lost 7 pounds before that from my high of 299. I would like to be at least as low as 252 when I see her, which would be 40 pounds down on her scale. I hope she will be happy with that.
I have to get back into an exercise habit but I have so many other things going on. My kids start back to school two weeks from today so I am spending my time after work trying to rearrange and organize everything. If I could pick one thing that gives me as much trouble as my weight it would be keeping my house organized. Why is that? My husband only helps if I nag then give him explicit instructions on exactly what I need him to do. That in itself is exhausting. So many things, so little time.
Old 07-21-2016, 08:20 AM   #135  

It is exciting to get closer to graduating to the next thread down. I'm at 253.2 this morning so I can see the 240's in my future soon.