Old 04-19-2016, 04:43 PM   #76  
Jodi

S/C/G: 285/ticker/165

Height: 5'4" - 47 years old

Whoop, whoop! 265.0 What?! Yup, I think my body felt sorry for me for that two week stall and finally let go some needed poundage. Sooooo today, I've lost 20 pounds! Whoop! and I have 15 more to go til my June goal! I think it is doable!

Mara, I'm glad you were smiling when you weighed. I am doing high fat, low carb, moderate protein, with intermittent fasting. It was fun while I was losing about a pound a day. Then the dreaded stall. But, I had figured out that my calories were a little too low 994-1500 (I'm "supposed to" be having 2166 for my weight) So, I added fat to my meals the last couple of days, which increased the calories closer to my need and it looks like it is coming off again! Really happy camper today! I was exercising with Leslie Sansone DVDs everyday last week and stopped Sunday and yesterday. I'll start again today.

Where's Sassypants?
NurseMom1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 08:06 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 337.6/see ticker/190

Height: 5' 7"

Yay Nursemom! I like the Leslie Sansone videos. They helped me lose a lot. Can you give me an example of what you eat throughtout the day? If it isn't too personal of a question.
Mara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 10:36 AM   #78  
Jodi

Scale moved more! EEK! 264.4 Whoop, whoop!!
Mara, I do not mind. I just happened to write a week out of food for my DIL just to give her an idea:

B: 3 scrambled eggs with 5 pieces of bacon with a chopped green onion and 2 tablespoons of cream cheese (all scrambled together, it was YUMMY!
L: One large avocado
D: Spaghetti sauce with Italian sausage and ground beef topped with shredded mozzarella cheese (This had a lot of carbs, you can drink a teaspoon of diluted apple cider vinegar, it is supposed to decrease your carbs like 25%.)

B: same as above
L: skipped
D: Velveeta Queso over a serving of meatloaf (!)

B: 3 fried eggs, 5 bacon, one breakfast sausage
L: a big chunk of roasted turkey breast with the skin
D: Baked chicken thighs with skin (2) and green beans with bacon

B: skipped, fasting as long as I can, and I was just not hungry
L: 3 eggs, scrambled with 4 pieces of bacon, mushrooms and a small avocado
D: 2 baked chicken thighs and a small bowl of pinto beans (high carb, drank the apple cider vinegar)

B: BPC
L: piece of roast with fat
D: turkey breast with skin, green beans with bacon, large avocado

B: BPC, green beans with bacon & chicken thigh with skin
L: large avocado, cream cheese turkey breast with skin, warmed up with bacon grease
D: Pot roast with sautéed mushrooms and spinach

B: skipped
L: pork roast, fried broccoli with melted cheddar cheese (I take fresh broccoli and fry it in bacon grease, yummy! Again, higher in carbs, ACV again)
D: 2 hard-boiled eggs, large avocado, turkey breast with skin and bacon grease.

Hope that gives you a good picture. I just eat what I feel like eating. Try to keep it simple. I only drink water, black coffee or bpc (not every day, or I’ll have bad diarrhea), or unsweet tea. The only time I’ve gone over in carbs is from veggies.
I have been fasting almost every day. I try to get 16 hours in. From 6pm till 10 am, I try to wait as long as I can before I eat, but, if I’m hungry, I just eat!
I don’t use artificial sweeteners. Did you look at Butter Bobs videos? He lost A LOT, like 145 pounds! In about a year. I want to be that one! I am so tired of this weight, I’m willing not to eat any carbs if that is what it takes! - end of letter to her.

BPC = bullet proof coffee - one cup of coffee with one tablespoon of butter and one tablespoon of organic coconut oil, blended. It gets super frothy like a cappuccino. I don't add any sweeteners, but, you can. Butter Bob is at buttermakesyourpantsfalloff dot com. His journey was amazing.
Didn't start with Leslie yesterday. But, I did walk in place in the kitchen while making supper yesterday!
Old 04-20-2016, 10:50 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 290/seeticker/199

Height: 5'6''

Hi everyone!

Congrats on the weightloss, Nursemom!

I'm still holding steady at 254.8. Last night, due to very poor planning and a bit of a balk, I ended up at a restaurant with my husband for dinner. I had a club sandwich with fries - not too terrible, but today my stomach feels rotten.

I used to be addicted bone deep to RC cola, not the diet kind. At my worst, I was drinking 6 cans a day. I have not had anything to drink but water and plain iced tea since February 22. I absentmindedly took a swig out of my husband's can yesterday and wow! What a shock to the system! It tasted awful, but experience has taught me that I can go right back to it in no time, so it's best I stay away.

So, a long-winded way to say I'm sitting here today feeling bloated, yucky, down on myself, and just generally . Here's to a better day tomorrow!

Thanks for listening! Good luck everyone!
Brandnewday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 09:53 PM   #80  
Jodi

Aww Brandnewday!

I remember getting a swig of sweetened tea, I thought I was going to ! If you're on a low carb diet, a tsp of apple cider vinegar will cut your carbs by 25% (or something like that, I read it in the Obesity Code by Dr. Jason Fung). I'll see if I can find it.

I hope you feel better soon! I overate for supper and I feel so miserable! So, let's wrap this day up with water and tomorrow is going to be GREAT!!
Old 04-22-2016, 09:12 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 284/279/180

Here I am just got back from vacation last night - I will be back later today to catch up on everyone. Happy to report after a week of overindulging, I am only up one pound this morning! Already did 30 minutes on the treadmill this morning, and back to my food journaling. I'll be back to catch up on everyone later today. Have a great day!!

Last edited by Sassypants75; 04-22-2016 at 09:13 AM. Reason: Misspelling
Sassypants75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 09:46 AM   #82  
Jodi

Yay, Sassypants! Glad to hear you didn't lose too much ground! Looking forward to the details! I'm bouncing around since I had my whoosh, but, I'm really Ok with it! I start a new job on Monday! Whoop whoop! So, I'm figuring out my lunches. Kind of liberating!
Old 04-22-2016, 11:03 AM   #83  

Welcome back, Sassypants! I'm glad your vacation didn't do you in, and that you are right back in the saddle. You are a lesson to me for sure!

Nursemom, congrats on the new job! It is liberating, and I love your attitude!

I have a good news/bad news sitch going on right now. I weighed in this morning at 253.6 (Yay), but mostly because I have been too drugged up to eat. That injury to my knee was actually a mensicus tear, and on Wednesday afternoon I was unable to walk. I'm on steroids and an opiate painkiller, so I've just been sitting around in a daze. I'm asking for your positive thoughts that I can rest it, rehab, and avoid surgery!

We're all track, let's keep this train moving!
Old 04-22-2016, 04:42 PM   #84  
Jodi

Brandnewday - Ouch! So sorry to hear about your knee, I prayed for complete healing! Be careful with the opiate and constipation (eek). I'm a nurse...so... I kinda have to say those things. Get yourself better!!
Old 04-24-2016, 06:35 PM   #85  
Jodi

LADIES!! Let's start out this week with a bang!

My goals are:
1. Lunch prepared for the next day everyday this week.
2. Exercise at least twice.
What are your goals for the week?
Old 04-24-2016, 11:45 PM   #86  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseMom1223 View Post
Brandnewday - Ouch! So sorry to hear about your knee, I prayed for complete healing! Be careful with the opiate and constipation (eek). I'm a nurse...so... I kinda have to say those things. Get yourself better!!
Dealt with that today - completely miserable! I can't decide what hurts more, my knee or my bottom. Working on getting stronger!

Yes, I'm psyched for the week! I need to do some meal planning. I weighed 252.8 this morning, and I would like to be pretty close to 250 by next week (not that I want to leave you all!)

What are you all drinking? Water doesn't excite me very much, I'm not much of a coffee drinker, and I am getting sick of iced tea! I could also use lunch ideas, if you have any. I'm in a rut!
Old 04-25-2016, 08:45 AM   #87  

Good Morning!! Sorry I have been MIA - gosh I ask if I can join, then never come visit We came back from vacation on Thursday, and I got right back into the swing of things. Today marks week #7 of my new lifestyle, and as of this morning, I am down 20.6 pounds! I have been dedicated to journaling all of my food, which has been a great benefit to me. I can really see how everything adds up. I had memorial service to go to yesterday, and a personal NSV was afterwards, they had 10 BBQs set up and were grilling burgers. Smelled WONDERFUL!! Instead, I had taken out a chicken breast before I left the house, and sautéed it up with red, orange and yellow bell peppers and some zucchini. I was pretty pleased with myself. I have had a cough for a few days, thinking possibly allergies, but not sure. I was still disciplined to get up and get on the treadmill for 30 minutes right after DH left for work this morning. (Didn't have a high speed walk going on, everytime I'd really get going, Id start hacking away) Regardless, 30 minutes of exercise! I'm going to back a big batch of cabbage soup today - I know a lot of people use this as a weight loss source, but personally, I love the taste of it! Crazy, I know. Sometimes I dice up a baked piece of chicken in it as well for a little protein. I hope you all have a great day - l promise to try and not be absent as much
Old 04-25-2016, 09:34 AM   #88  

Wow Sassypants! You go, girl! The lure of the charcoal grill is VERY hard for me to resist. I would love a cheeseburger right now. I have never tried the cabbage soup, but I'll bet it is tasty. Glad you are here, I hope to absorb some of your willpower lol!
Old 04-25-2016, 12:42 PM   #89  

Brandnewday - I know about the smell of charcoal. I don't care what they're cooking on it, I want it! Just the smell alone! LOL I just made my cabbage soup, however I used one carton of garlic infused broth and one organic chicken stock - OMGoodness...the garlic smell is a bit overwhelming. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE garlic, and use it in almost everything, but holy smokes! I just lit a few candles in the kitchen to try to somewhat change the aroma. My mom is stopping by in a little while, and I'd hate for her to have to stand on the front porch to visit! Thanks for the warm welcome
Old 04-25-2016, 05:04 PM   #90  

ugh...my 3 kiddos went to a birthday party yesterday and each brought home a big 'ol bag of candy from the piñata....I could not for the life of me stay out of it! Lemonheads, fireballs...I guess the good news is that I was reaching for the hard candies that I couldn't chew, so they took longer to eat, which means my craving was satisfied with not eating as much? right? I think i'm just trying to convince myself.