Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 09:54 PM   #31  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Hi tongirl

stillmeadow, how are you liking WW? I tried that also. I didn't do very well with it. I mainly just wanted to meet other people like me for inspiration (a weight loss pal), but no one really mingled there. Hope it's working well for you. LOL on the banana pudding. My Mom will be here in two weeks she makes here pudding from scratch and has shown my son how to make it also. I always eat a serving spoon of it while hot then I'm done. I don't like it later or the next day. Black banana are so unappealing Do you know how many calories or points are in your version? Sounds like a treat for me (someday)

Curvy, I am totally inline with you. I can't for the life of me figure out how something that worked so well before doesn't work at all it seems now? I've even pulled up some of my old menus. I'd have to starve myself to get the results I got before and we know that leads to BINGE city. So nope, I can't do that ... I appreciate your support also, more than you know

ok good night, I had a nap before church now I have to make myself go to sleep ....
Old 09-03-2015, 07:43 AM   #32  
You're my fantasy.

Lovemylife, thanks for the will power dust! I need all the help I can get.

Rennie, WW is working great for me so far. I like the accountability of showing up for the meeting, it really does make me think about what I eat. The points are like my checking account: I try to plan ahead for the best way to "spend" them, so I get the most out of them.

I do have a great leader and group, but most people are already there with a friend or spouse, so I haven't really made any friends outside the meeting. But I love the ideas I get there; the leader, Debbie, has lost 125, which is inspiration right there.

It's funny you mentioned looking at old menus; I just bought 2 WW books from 1976 and 1988, and what a difference in the plans! They're much more restrictive than they are now, so I'll guess I'll stick with the points plus!
I'm finding the key to this working for me (right now, because I know it can change), is eating more protein to keep me full and satisfied. I am hooked on Morningstar Farms veggie mushroom burgers. I microwave about a cup of mushrooms and put them on top of the burger with a little Prego Italian Sausage & Garlic sauce - delicious! And 2 burgers w/all the extra mushrooms and sauce is only 7 points. I was eating the WW frozen dinners, and they just don't fill me up like that.

The points for my banana pudding is 3, 2 for the SF Jello and 1 for 4 Nilla reduced fat vanilla wafers.

Sorry to ramble, but I think I've found my "weigh loss pals" right here!

Week One:
Sept. 1: 232.5
Sept. 2: 232.5
Sept. 3: 232.5
Sept. 4:
Sept. 5:
Old 09-03-2015, 08:20 AM   #33  
will it ever stick??? lol

S/C/G: 283.6/236.8/155

Height: 5'6

love im glad you just said that because im on WW and when I went to the meetings a big thing I was excited for was meeting people and NADA lol either the people were friends already or just didn't talk at all
Old 09-03-2015, 09:13 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 200/193/140

Height: 5'5

Up 0.4 to 206.6. Wrong direction, but we're still battling sick germs over here, so I'm pulling double duty between working from home and taking care of little man.
Old 09-03-2015, 10:02 AM   #35  
lovemylife001

S/C/G: 180/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7

Good Morning Everyone

Stillmeadow and Amberkkski I've done WW in the past and lost a ton of weight. The weight just fell off. I tried this year in the Spring but I wasn't seeing the same progress. And of course, I'm impatient.

So now I'm just counting calories and doing some IF. I think sometimes you have to switch up your weight loss plan. So what I'm doing currently is working. Now to keep it off lol.

Hope everyone has a great on plan day
Old 09-03-2015, 11:10 AM   #36  
Gizmo

I think that it's really great how each person is finding their own path and what works for them. I am an introvert and not comfortable around strangers, so WW group meetings would not work for me.

stillmeadow I'm cheering you on to reach your birthday goal! I'm a September baby as well and I too am aiming for the 220s this month.

So I have lined-up 5 days off and they announce amazing weather, so long walks are in the plans, as well as my usual workouts.

1: 233.8
2: 233.2
3: 233.8
Old 09-03-2015, 01:09 PM   #37  
You're my fantasy.

Hi Martine,
We have a lot in common, our birthday month, and we are at basically the same current weight and have the same goal weight. Nice that you have 5 days off! I have a 4 day weekend coming up, after tomorrow, no work until next Wednesday – really looking forward to some quiet time.

Hope everybody has a great day!
Old 09-03-2015, 01:32 PM   #38  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

stillmeadow, I like the checking acct/points analogy I had heard that the new points plus system is better. It's good you decided to prepare/cook your own menus verses eating the frozen meals. Though good they loaded with sodium. I will admit when I first started my journey in 2010, I ate a frozen dinner every evening with a salad. It worked/helped back then and I have often thought about doing it again, except now I know I'm diabetic so the rice and pasta makes me think. I like the Morning Star burgers also. They are quite tasty. You're not rambling at all. I'm a chatter box also as long as I stay focused on my journey I'll be here Thanks for the points on the banana pudding.

Amber I know right! ... A 3FCer once said they think it's easier to talk on here because we don't know each other in real life. I think that may be true however I am also friends via FB and texting with quite a few people I met on 3FC. The accountability is great

Kukkie hoping he's feeling better soon. Glad the up isn't bothering you. You know when you can get back to routine the numbers will go in the right direction

lovemylife, I'm impatient also, but they say slow and steady . I use to count calories and I even calorie cycled to shake things up. Now I just calorie monitor on MFP

Martine, it drives my husband and children nuts that I will talk to everyone. I have a true gift of gab What an enjoyable 5 days you're gonna have. I think the walks will really get the scale moving for ya. I use to walk 3 miles a day 6 days a week (I tried to get up to 4 but that wasn't very often) I dropped weight like crazy. I wish I could get back to it. But I NEED a walking partner (yes NEED). I can only do the treadmill alone but I prefer to e outdoors Enjoy your time off

Curvy, you know I'm thinking as I'm reading back. My plan (old plans) may work for me if I started walking again. That's a thought but how do I find a walking partner?

well down .4 to 174.1. Rings weren't as loose this morning as the evening before. Too much sodium in the stir fry seasoning but it's all good
Old 09-03-2015, 03:00 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Down a teeny tiny bit today. I'll take it

Rennie, you must have been reading my mind when you broke out your journals. Being completely honest with you and everyone else, I don't know if what I did before will work again because I haven't really committed myself to my previous plan. My many, many restarts have all been half hearted attempts What led to my previous success was my body not feeling good. My numbers (BP, HR, cholesterol, etc.) were fine but I was sleeping a lot, my knees and ankles ached and groaned, and I broke a sweat doing the most mundane things. After a particularly difficult day I said enough is enough! I came home from work purged the cabinets and refrigerator and started the very next day. I walked miles EVERY DAY! Once the weight started dropping I returned to gym where I had been paying for a membership I wasn't using . I distinctly remember hitting 167 and started running. Adding the running to a good diet and other exercise, I reached a low of 143. As I mentioned, I maintained for about a year, then life piled on in major ways. Regain. I've been on the metaphorical treadmill ever since.

While I'm not at my highest weight, I certainly don't want to return there and have a broken down body be my motivation again. Ultimately, this is why I keep trying. I never want to look at myself in the mirror and say I've given up.

As for a walking partner...oh, how I wish we didn't live across the country from one another. We'd walk miles together

Week One:
Sept. 1: 205.6
Sept. 2: 206.0
Sept. 3: 205.2
Sept. 4:
Sept. 5:
Old 09-04-2015, 08:00 AM   #40  
Gizmo

Happy Friday everyone! Just finished baking a chocolate cake for a bake sale at work. I am a chocolate fiend, but I only licked the batters. We are raising money to help an employee who had to take time off to take care of her husband who is battling cancer. Hope we have a lot of success with this bake sale.

1: 233.8
2: 233.2
3: 233.8
4: 233.2
Old 09-04-2015, 08:16 AM   #41  

Hey everyone.

Haven't had time for personals lately. Still battling the sickies over here, although it's finally starting to get better. Took Peanut into a pediatric walk-in yesterday and the doctor said he's got a really bad chest cold. So nothing severe, but he said he did detect some wheezing, and prescribed him two medications that finally seem to have made an effect. So he's not great, but he's getting better. Hubby took the day off with him today so I could come into the office. I have a lot to catch up on as we head into this long weekend.

All of that said, I'm down 0.1 to 206.5. I'll take it. The good news is hubby starts a new work schedule on Sunday, and he'll be home in the evenings, so I can get to the gym earlier, and then come back up and do bedtime with Peanut. Instead of waiting until Peanut's bedtime and then going, because by then I'm exhausted and don't go. Just found out that some family members from California may be coming to Seattle to surprise us while we're there, so I really want to have made a dent in the weight loss by then.
Old 09-04-2015, 08:29 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 335.8/335.8/150

Height: 5'6''

SW: 300.6
GW: 285.3
My goal is 15.3 pounds to make my 10% loss goal!

Sept. 1: 300.6
Sept. 2: 301.3
Sept. 3: 301.8
Sept. 4: 299.3
Sept. 5:
Sept. 6:
Sept. 7:
Sept. 8:
Sept. 9:
Sept. 10:
Sept. 11:
Sept. 12:
Sept. 13:
Sept. 14:
Sept. 15:
Sept. 16:
Sept. 17:
Sept. 18:
Sept. 19:
Sept. 20:
Sept. 21:
Sept. 22:
Sept. 23:
Sept. 24:
Sept. 25:
Sept. 26:
Sept. 27:
Sept. 28:
Sept. 29:
Sept. 30:
Old 09-04-2015, 11:05 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Good morning and happy Friday all. Down another little bit this cool, crisp morning. The temps are going to return to the 90s for the long holiday weekend, but the shorter days and scent of fall are constant reminders that change is near.

@Kukki84: Glad to hear that your little one is on the mend. You must be relieved. And here's to schedules that benefit everyone

@Martine: Cake and cake batter Good luck with the bake sale. Sounds like you have great colleagues and watch each others backs.

A wonderful and safe weekend to everyone Enjoy this last official weekend of summer

Week One:
Sept. 1: 205.6
Sept. 2: 206.0
Sept. 3: 205.2
Sept. 4: 204.8
Sept. 5:
Old 09-04-2015, 11:14 AM   #44  

econ_nerd - congratulations on breaking out of the 300s! Way to go!!!
Old 09-04-2015, 11:31 AM   #45  
lovemylife001

S/C/G: 180/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7

Good Morning Everyone It's TGIF

Cloudy day here today, but that's ok. I weighed in today and I have lost 2.4lbs this week It's a good Friday and I have a three day weekend

Hope everyone has a great on plan long weekend!
Closed Thread