Old 07-31-2019, 07:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Default August Anticipation: August 2019 Check-in & Accountability Thread

Happy August, everyone! All are to the August 2019 daily weigh-in/check-in. Know that on this thread you will find support, encouragement, and endless kindness.

Here you can:
~track your weight daily, weekly or however you'd like ... but do check in
~keep track of what you eat or didn't eat
~keep track of your water intake or lack of
~keep track of your exercise/other goals
~vent, rant ... express yourself or just chit-chat

August is a long hot month where we often find ourselves mentally in two different spaces, anticipating the fall season and making the most of what is left of summer. The long days, heat and busyness that summer brings often leads to less focus and being more lax in our attitudes and habits. Whether this summer has been one of progress and success, yet you feel your energy waning, or one of struggle and challenges and in need of a fresh start, let's alter our perspective and view August as a mid-summer recharge in our efforts. Maybe you have your eye on fall. That's great but what do you need to be doing now to enter the fall season where you want to be? Maybe you're wishing for a summer do-over. While we can't bring back days and weeks already gone, there is still plenty of time to rethink our choices and set new goals so by the time summer ends we can still feel a sense of accomplishment.

All our welcome to our monthly neighborhood block party so welcome back to the regulars, and please make yourself known and comfortable if you're a lurker considering joining. We'd love to have you here!

on all of our August efforts!
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 02:55 PM   #2  

Wishing everyone a great start to their August. It's been a pretty quiet day at work. The weather has cooled off considerably making getting outside more desirable. I've been able to take a walk during my lunch hour every day this week. My eating has been good this week with the scale reading 209.6 this morning. It's been hovering between 209-210 for the week. I think the heat has something to do with it but I'm also paying more attention to my hunger cues and responding more appropriately. I don't get too optimistic because I've been down this path before only to back slide.

Wishing everyone a great day and successful month!
Old 08-01-2019, 05:59 PM   #3  
Gizmo

curvynotlumpy thank you so much once again for starting this monthly thread. Glad to hear that the weather has been more enjoyable and that you are getting more steps in. Wishing you and everyone a great month ahead!

I finished July with a 6-pound loss, for a total of 10 pounds since getting back on track in June. I guess even though I haven’t exercised as much these past two weeks, the fact that I switched to a different program which includes more HIIT is just what I needed to keep the pounds coming off.

One more work day and then I have 16 days off. It’s been a long week so far, with our vice-president’s visit (went very well) and our 1-year anniversary at the store. I prepared and framed certificates for the 32 employees who have been there since day 1 and we had pizza and cake and ice cream. I think everyone enjoyed it. The week of events is not over yet as we have our Summer party this Saturday evening. I put my name down to bring desserts. Only after that will I truly be able to decompress and move into vacation mode.
Martine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 06:15 PM   #4  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/137.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for starting this thread, Curvy! Good Luck, Everyone!

SW: 194.2 CW: 187.2 (- 7) GW: 184.2

1. 194.2
2. 193.8 (- .4)
3. 193.6 (- .6)
4. 192.8 (- 1.4)
5. 191.8 (- 2.4)
6. No Weigh In.
7. 191 (- 3.2)
8. No Weigh In. Out of Town.
9. No Weigh In. Out of Town.
10. No Weigh In. Out of Town.
11. 190.8 (- 3.4)
12. No Weigh In.
13. 190.8 (- 3.4)
14. No Weigh In.
15. 190.6 (- 3.6)
16. 190.4 (- 3.8)
17. 189.6 (- 4.6) I'm finally in the 180's!!!
18. No Weigh In.
19. No Weigh In.
20. 190.4 (- 3.8)
21. No Weigh In.
22. 189.6 (- 4.6)
23. 189.4 (- 4.8)
24. 189.6 (- 4.6)
25. 189.2 (- 5)
26. No Weigh In.
27. 188.2 (- 6)
28. No Weigh In.
29. 188.4 (- 5.8)
30. 187.2 (- 7)
31. No Weigh In.

TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS: - 7 LBS.

Last edited by VickieLou; 08-31-2019 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Add Information and Weigh In.
VickieLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 12:01 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 291.1/ticker/161

Height: 5'11.5"

Curvy: The biggest of thanks to you for continuing this thread! Glad to hear your weather has cooled off a bit, I just got back from visiting a friend who lives in Philadelphia and it was over 90F there every single day—let’s just say I got over my fear of wearing shorts in public real quick. Glad to hear your weight is staying consistent, you see a whoosh soon as a reward for your diet staying on track!

Martine: Way to go on your loss for July and your overall loss since getting back on track! That’s phenomenal, you should be very proud of yourself I hope today goes smoothly and you’re able to enjoy your 16 days off (wow!), including your summer party!

VickieLou: Nice to see you again!

Good morning lovelies and happy Friday! I logged into 3FC and opened my word document that I use to stay organized and accountable in my posts and realized I haven’t posted here since 6/14—and that just really hit me. The last month and a half I haven’t been as strict as I should’ve been and backslid about ten pounds from where I was before the last wedding I was in. I have been using every excuse in the book and falling into old habits (bingeing, not hydrating enough, drinking a little too much red). My goals for July are to get back on track with hot yoga twice per week, drink 4L of water per day (1L being ketoade), and to get back to diligently tracking my macros/kcals in MyFitnessPal. I am also challenging myself to cook everything at home (including meal prepping and adequate planning for my move later this month) except for date nights; I think not cooking and eating out a bit too much has been quite the factor lately. It’s nice to see y’all again, best of luck to you!

8/2: 223.5
GW:219.0

Week 1:
8/1: NWI
8/2: 223.5 (+/-0)
8/3: 225.5 (+2.0)
8/4: 224.8 (-0.7)
8/5: 224.4 (-0.4)
8/6: 223.6 (-0.8)
8/7: 222.8 (-0.8)
Total for Week 1: -0.7
Total for August: -0.7

Week 2:
8/8: 222.6 (-0.2)
8/9: 223.2 (+0.6)
8/10: 224.6 (+1.4)
8/11: 225.6 (+1.0)
8/12: 227.8 (+2.2)
8/13: 227.8 (+/-0)
8/14: 226.2 (-1.6)
Total for Week 2: +3.4
Total for August: +2.7

Week 3:
8/15: 226.7 (+0.5)
8/16: 223.9 (-2.8)
8/17: 223.3 (-0.6)
8/18: NWI
8/19: 224.4 (+1.1)
8/20: 223.3 (-1.1)
8/21: 222.2 (-1.1)
Total for Week 3: -4.0
Total for August: -1.3

Week 4:
8/22: 223.5 (+1.3)
8/23: 222.3 (-1.2)
8/24: 223.1 (+0.8)
8/25: NWI
8/26: 222.8 (-0.3)
8/27: 222.8 (+/-0)
8/28: 220.9 (-1.9)
Total for Week 4: -1.3
Total for August: -2.6

Final Days
8/29: 222.1 (+1.2)
8/30: 221.3 (-0.8)
8/31: 221.7 (+0.4)
Total for Final Days: +0.8
Total for August: -1.8

Last edited by RunningRedHead; 08-31-2019 at 01:51 PM.
RunningRedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 03:47 PM   #6  
Gizmo

VickieLou nice to see you. You seem to be well into Onederland now

RunningRedHead glad to see you back on this thread and back on top of things. Did I miss something about you moving? Wishing you a great month!

So this was a looooong work week and I'm glad it's over. I did not exercise at all from Monday to Friday but at least I ate on plan, except for a slice of pizza and cake to celebrate on Wednesday. Frustrating story on Wednesday: I went to the grocery store located within the same shopping centre as us to get our employees ice cream, water and soda for lunch. Of course everything was very heavy so as I went to pay, I showed the cashier my store badge and asked her if I could use their shopping cart to bring everything to the store and bring it right back. She asked her supervisor who refused. I asked if they would have someone help me carry everything, she refused again. I asked if they wanted me to call a security guard to accompany me with the shopping cart and again she refused. So I just cancelled the whole order and left. And I rarely do this, but afterwards I wrote to their company to complain about this lack of judgement on the supervisor's part. I work in customer service and we make exceptions all the time. I think their supervisor needs a bit of training.

So now all I have left is our work Summer party tonight and then I'll truly be free from everything work-related. I spent part of the morning making brownies, Rice Krispie squares and banana bread. But by mid-afternoon I was determined to get back on the exercise train and not let this whole week be a loss. This was rough. Missing 5 straight days combined with high heat and humidity did not make for the best of workouts. I had to forego weights on many of the lower body exercises that I usually complete fairly well with dumbbells. But at least I got moving again and that's what's most important. I want to move even more during my vacation so I'm looking up scenic places where we can walk with Loki. Humidity is supposed to drop by tomorrow so I'm hoping to get in a ton of steps and discover nice areas.

Hope everyone is enjoying a great weekend!

1:
2:
3: 42 minutes HIIT and lower body strength training + 10 minutes abs workout
Old 08-04-2019, 01:19 PM   #7  

Good morning

Martine: How was your work party? I hope you had a good time and that it was a relaxing way to kick off your vacay. On that note, I'm curious how you prepare your team for when you're out of the office for longerish vacations? I absolutely and am envious that you're able to take 16 days off for vacation. I have more than enough vacation time to do something like that but I've never tried. I always circle back to the unstoppable email and work that will pile up in my absence. I have no delusions that I'm all that important to the grand scheme of a +30,000 person university; it's just the nature of the work beast. I have mentioned before in other posts that I have a lot of personal issues about work (guilt, anxiety, feeling overwhelmed on a daily basis) that all factor into when I decide to take vacation. Later in the month I'm going to Portland for a few days. It's the first time I've ever planned a vacation exclusively for myself as an adult. I'll keep you posted.

RunningRedHead: Good to see you back, Kayla! Back sliding...it happens so easily doesn't it ? Please give yourself some credit; it's always better to recognize it 10 pounds in rather than 40 or 50. Recognizing and planning is the key. Due to the extreme heat of late I've been eating out more than I should as well. Good luck in August!

VickieLou! Always enjoy seeing you pop up on the monthly thread! Good luck with your goals this month
How is August treating everyone so far? In Northern California the daytime heat has returned. We've been near 100 degrees for the last three days, though it does cool off at night. Yesterday was move-in day for our summer bridge program. A couple of colleagues and I helped with making sure everyone had a lunch ticket and answered questions from mostly hot, hangry parents. Heat and hunger on top of the anxiety of leaving your child on campus will do that. It's understandable. Our table was outside but the two and half hours we were there took a toll. It was a two shower day that's for sure ! Transfer Orientation begins tomorrow so I'm in the office making some last minute copies. Other than that, our new Transfer Advisor has everything ready and under control!

Have a great rest of your weekend!

Last edited by curvynotlumpy; 08-04-2019 at 03:36 PM.
Old 08-04-2019, 03:11 PM   #8  

Curvy:Thank you! Wow, 100 degree days?! I won’t complain about the low 90s anymore

Martine: My cousin and I went in on a house, so I will be moving in with her. I’m really excited, but the idea of packing everything up is daunting. The situation you experienced with the store supervisor sounds frustrating, and I agree with you that it sounds like she (and her store) could benefit from her receiving a bit of extra training. I hope all went well with your work party and you’re able to enjoy getting out for walks with Loki!

I meal prepped for the first time in a while this weekend for work. I ended up making zoodles, a marinara sauce with ground turkey and hot Italian sausage, and a cauliflower cheesy garlic ‘bread’ that actually satisfied the craving for the real thing. Today’s plan is to finish up the week’s homework, get to the store to stock up on food for this week, and head over to the new house to get some more pre-move in work done.

Week 1:
Old 08-05-2019, 08:00 AM   #9  
Gizmo

RunningRedHead how very exciting that you will be moving into a new house with your cousin! And it's a good thing that you already own the property and can do some work on it before moving in. Makes it less of a hassle than dealing with that on top of boxes all the same time.

curvynotlumpy I do not envy your 100-degree temperatures. I can't believe you had to spend an entire day outside to help welcome students in the bridge program in that heat! Hope you guys get a break soon.
Our work party was nice and low-key. It was at a local park and the evening was perfect, not too hot with a nice breeze. Everyone brought food and treats. We chatted and played games like horseshoe and bean bag throwing. We had prizes for winners in each of the games and we gave each employee a 15$ gift card. Summer work parties don't attract a lot of people like the Christmas party does. So now I'm officially on vacation but was very annoyed yesterday when my former boss, who is now at a different store and who knew I was going on vacation, texted me about work. It's called time OFF for a reason. When I go on vacation I prepare my colleagues by leaving lists of important things to do, walking them through some tasks if they haven't done it before, and leaving them as little to do as possible outside of their normal work load. Which is why I work long hours before actually going on vacation. I do dread the tons of emails and work I'll have to catch on when I return, but this is a much-needed break. Hope you get to take full advantage of your time off in Portland coming up.

Yesterday my legs were still sore from the previous day's workout and all I could do in the morning was go for a walk with David (to a park where dogs are not allowed so no Loki, sadly). I thought that by mid to late afternoon I would be fine to exercise but I had an allergic reaction to something in the air (I get those randomly, no clue why) and had to take an antihistamine to alleviate the symptoms and it actually knocked me out. So I decided it was wise to exercise first thing after getting up this morning, so I wouldn't let procrastination or allergic reactions get the better of me. Today was 32 minutes of regular cardio and I actually hated it. 45-second intervals of any cardio movement is much too long. At least it's done and I can move on with my day.

Have a great start to the week everyone!

1:
2:
4: 3.7km walk
5: 32 minutes cardio workout

Old 08-08-2019, 05:40 PM   #10  
Gizmo

Hope everyone is having a good week so far

I'm still struggling with consistency with regards to exercising. This humidity is making it really hard to want to do anything away from the electrical fan. And I'm procrastinating through this new exercise program because there really is a LOT of HIIT and cardio and it's a bit too much for my current fitness level. Like today, there was an extra credit 14 minutes HIIT workout and I just could not do it at all. So I take more breaks in between workouts but I always worry that I'm going to completely fall off the wagon again. It's funny because when I was doing the Strong program, which has very little HIIT throughout, I missed it (a little) and was looking for something with more cardio this time around. But this new program has a ton of HIIT and little strength training and I miss that now. I'm stubborn and will get through this program and then will try Strong again, but with maybe a few short HIIT or cardio workouts added here and there. At least I've been consistent with my food intake and drinking lots of water.

1:
2:
6:
7:
8: 35 minutes total body strength training

Old 08-09-2019, 05:34 PM   #11  
Gizmo

We finally have some relief from the humidity and even a breeze going through the apartment. That felt so good as I was working out. I just completed a 35-minute core workout, which included some cardio intervals (never a good mix for me, as I already have trouble enough breathing when doing core exercises, but I made it through and even tried harder versions of some of the exercises) and a 35-minute yoga and pilates workout. After a quick shower, we'll try a new three-bean salad recipe and then we'll relax and watch movies. It'll be Aquaman for David and The Favourite for me (that is if we make it through two movies...).

1:
2:
6:
7:
9: 35 minutes core and cardio workout + 35 minutes yoga and pilates
Old 08-10-2019, 04:51 PM   #12  
Gizmo

What is everyone up to this weekend? Hope everyone is enjoying some time off.

As has been the case since the start of my vacation, we just play it by ear and decide on the spot what we want to do. This morning before showers hit, we went for a nice long drive along the Richelieu river and then enjoyed the rain at home. Temperatures have really gone down today, it's a welcome relief but I really hope the rest of this Summer won't be that cool. After taking a nap this afternoon, I completed my daily workout, which was a flexibility workout. Is there anything better than stretching? It's nice that the programs I'm doing include these types of workouts, it's a break from the heavy HIIT routines.

1:
2:
6:
7:
9: 35 minutes core and cardio workout + 35 minutes yoga and pilates
10: 26 minutes flexibility workout
Old 08-11-2019, 02:29 PM   #13  

Martine: My favorite way to vacation is playing it by ear! I find having a strict schedule or itinerary to be stressful. Having a loose idea of things I’d like to do and then getting around to it is much more my style. Way to go on your workouts so far this month, you’re doing great!

Last week I made it to yoga for my usual Tuesday class, but I didn’t go to Thursday as I got a new tattoo on my back and my sports bra would have been too irritating. I did, however, go to a new class (Body Pump by Les Mills) at the gym on Monday. I was so sore I really needed the yoga on Tuesday! I hope everyone is having a fantastic August so far!

Week 1:
8/5: 224.4 (-0.4)
8/6: 223.6 (-0.8)
8/7: 222.8 (-0.8)
Total for Week 1: -0.7
Total for August: -0.7

Week 2:
8/8: 222.6 (-0.2)
8/9: 223.2 (+0.6)
8/10: 224.6 (+1.4)
8/11: 225.6 (+1.0)
Old 08-12-2019, 10:18 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 285/169/Ticker

Height: 5'6"

Happy August everyone! I decided to stop making excuses for "the weekends" and ditch the "I'll make up for it during the week" mentality. I'm all for lightening up, but I noticed I've been abusing that mindset. What started as "one slice of pizza" in June became 3 slices and wings and cheesebread in July :/ I was surprised how much a difference it made! I actually lost over the weekend instead of maintaining/gaining.

I walked for 40 minutes everyday last week, but didn't make it to any of my workout classes. I'm trying out a new gym today (and new cardio-intensive routine). Fingers crossed! Hoping to join you, Martine! You may feel like you're slipping but you're still the most consistent person on here, and it's inspirational/motivational.

Thursday, 8/2: 222
Monday 8/5: 222
Thursday 8/8: 220
Monday 8/12: 219

Total for August: -2 lbs
shellofself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 12:30 PM   #15  

Good morning

It's been awhile since I checked in but it looks like everyone is doing well.

Martine: Thanks for background on how you manage your vacation and work time. We may be in different types of work but we seem to have parallel lives in terms of juggling many tasks, staff responsibilities, and working long hours. The text from your former manager resonated with me not because I bother folks on their vacation, but because I have been guilty of contacting my staff when I'm on vacation. As you so perfectly stated: It's called OFF for a reason! And this goes for both those working and the ones on vacation. Good reminder!

RunningRedHead: Big on the new house that you and your cousin bought! Oh, to own my own place--and all I want is a little place--is a dream of mine. There is something about moving into a new place, whether owned or rented. A fresh beginning! I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes to play vacation by ear and that you and Martine navigate your time off similarly. Next week I'm going on vacation and will be in Portland for part of that time. People keep asking me what I'm going to do there. Aside from a walking tasting tour and meeting up with an old friend/colleague for dinner ( food things, I see a pattern ), I don't have anything else pre-planned.

shellofself: It's so easy to revert back to old ways and create a new "reality" for ourselves, isn't it? I have been there so many times so I sympathize . What matters is that you assessed what was happening and did a healthy pivot to get back on track.
This past week has been transfer orientation week on our campus which has necessitated walking to various different locations for sessions. Due to all the walking back and forth I logged over 37 miles over the course of the week. My average is anywhere between 25-33 miles so I was stoked to see that. Saturday I had my hair cut and colored. Honestly, if I had the money to pay someone to wash my hair every day, I would! It's almost as good as a massage. Weight was down to 207.8 this morning which is probably a result of all the walking and less eating due to the hot weather. I'll take it though!

Happy Monday and beginning of the week!

Last edited by curvynotlumpy; 08-12-2019 at 03:06 PM.