Old 08-21-2017, 09:55 PM   #346  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Hello all! Oh I'm bobbing along travel backs everything up for me and my scale tonight after dinner is back in 240s. I do hope things move on before weigh in tomorrow. I tried to keep to my diet the best I could while traveling but it wasn't perfect and now I'm home bound for some time before the next travel and when that happens I hope to be closer to 230.

Alas the fight continues and I hope in a good direction.

Hang in there all! These challenges to loose can be met!

Last edited by lemonthyme; 08-21-2017 at 09:55 PM.
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 07:11 AM   #347  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

lemonthyme so glad you are back! This place has been too quiet.

I am doing well. Fridge is full of veggies that need to be eaten. Today I am going to try to use my spiralizer on eggplant. It has a setting to make thicker noodles. I will see if I can get them to spring up off the pan and I would then try to roast them and sprinkle Parmesan on them. I will let you know how it goes.
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 12:31 PM   #348  
ready to succeed

S/C/G: 251/257/160

Height: 5'6"

Lemonthyme Nice to see you! Travel does me in as well, but I just remind myself that this journey has to allow for indulgences. Where did you travel?

Ubee The eggplant noodles sound delish!! My DH loves eggplant so I try to incorporate it as much as possible. We are doing pizza stuffed peppers tonight, get some of the cravings handled, but munch down on as much veg as possible too!

I feel really motivated today, I love these days. I'd love it more if they lasted more than a day :-)
FatDoesntDefineMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 01:51 PM   #349  

Ubee: sounds like noodle making is a good thing this time of year w all the produce coming out of the garden. I had PT today and when I grabbed the kids from the ILS I picked their garden. I came home w zukes tomatoes and a bunch of apples. All is good and this is payday week so more items for the fridge by the end of the week!

FDDM: yeah that things are looking up for you. Keep the eggplant going if that's what you enjoy. I'll do other veg however 😁. Where was your scale today? I'm at 242 after being super excited w/239. I aim to get back there and thensome this week.

Hello all!

AM: well since traveling has slowed the digestive system I opted for some MOM to help my not feeling great along. I have been eating a lot of fresh veg and fruit today and will start w water here soon. Hopefully I will feel great soon enough, nothings worse then feeling full when you aren't as in for food - as in for- waiting for the loo. I read that the brain and gut like normalacy and travel disrupts it. Alas. . . Hopefully that will be sooner. But geez! I do find it affects the weight greatly.

I am adding 2 more exercises to my 10-16 minute ride. Fabulous. My PT is keeping me on the slow and steady program of adding things back in. So I will. Let me tell you doing planks is horrible! I am not super strong core wise and it's fairly evident with the few I did today. She had me hold for 10 seconds and I about collapsed each time. So much for feeling strong. I most certainly did not!

Today is laundry and clean up from travels - we had a quasi family reunion as my mom and her family are all older. So partly for them to see each other again in case we loose one at some point. Right now they are all still in good health but like anything you never know. We were close enough to eclipse totality but left before that happened. Fine by me. I love the analogy of putting a piece of baloney on your window to block out the sun like the moon. Hah!

Well here's to happier scales tomorrow. I need to go eat my watermelon and get the cleanup underway!
Old 08-22-2017, 05:58 PM   #350  

JD: I forgot to say welcome! I do hope your 242 runs away quickly. I am back there and will try again. No more traveling for a while for me.

AM: ugh - having an afternoon of sweet wanting. So i made myself a cup green tea and promptly forgot it and then found it and warmed it up. Now I finally am enjoying it. I got my root veggies all ready to go into the oven. I have the incredible shrinking chicken in the pressure cooker. But it should be a fairly good meal tonight calorie wise. I just wish the sugar need went away. That one is always a hard one for me to overcome. Makes me wonder what the "need" really is. I read that sometimes when we think we are hungry it's just we are thirsty - so maybe sweets mean something too.

You know - I look outside and it's looking more and more fall like. Lordy - an early one for us, lots of trees already changing, the sumac is, woolybullies are crossing the road - all of these are usually late september or october and here we are having it right now. I for one am not ready for cold and snow. I like the green and I like the 70s w/sun and breeze - like today.

Well - here's to hoping the turnips are a hit w/the family. I paired them w/sweet potatoes, carrots and a tablespoon of brown sugar and some olive oil, I did cut up one apple and placed that in there to for just a bit of sweet.

So I guess that's it from here - if anyone has a solution to the sweet struggles in late afternoon, I am all eyes today (ears are redundant when typing!).
Old 08-22-2017, 08:06 PM   #351  

FDDM my spiralizer could not handle the tough skin on the eggplant so I just sliced it by hand. If you ever try yours with eggplant please let me know how it goes. How was your day? Hope your motivation is here to stay.

lemonthyme
my sweet tooth is rearing it's ugly head also. I had a huge bowl of blackberries with heavy whipping cream I think my body gets satisfied with healthy fats almost as much as sweets. I also did have a little chocolate dipped in peanut butter. So once again some sweet with lots of fat. Don't know if I a good thing or not.
Old 08-22-2017, 08:34 PM   #352  

Ubee: I do full fat Greek yogurt but not for a sweet tooth. I have been using watermelon in the last few weeks however I'm out and an apple is not calling my name as I'm sure I'd eat more sugar laden trying to quelch the need. I don't think I've ever had berries w heavy cream. How's it taste?

AM: well dinner and dishes are done. I need to brush my teeth and call eating a night. I'm under calories today which I think is in part to still feeling full. MOM is finally helping some. It amazes me how your body can go from normal to hiatus w/ a road trip. Holy cow. I think I'm more mindful currently because I'm watching calories.

I will get up early tomorrow for my 16 min ride. And when I get home I'll attempt my 2 new core exercises that I'm permitted to do. I do hope it helps w my posture. My belly tends to not pull in since having kids and I'm hopeful it will help too as I lose weight.

Happy evening. May tomorrow look good for all of us!
Old 08-23-2017, 06:39 AM   #353  

Good Morning Everyone! How are we doing today?

lemonthyme I especially hope you had a very moving morning.

I am tired this morning. Our just turned 2 year old grandson spent the night. He crawled out of his crib at our house for the first time. I tossed him in our bed. It was like sleeping next to a hot rock. Going to have to do some rearranging so next time he can sleep in his crib and if he gets out I won't have to worry about what he can get into.
Old 08-23-2017, 07:10 AM   #354  

Ubee: I didn't move I slept in a bit from all this up early and not sleeping well in a hotel bed. That said tomorrow I will try again. I too ended up w/one of my littles in bed w me this morning. He was cold and wanted to warm up however, like you, he was his own little furnace. I had a laugh picturing your little climbing out, my kids did that so early and so stealthily. Good luck grandma!

JD: did you hit the 230s?

FDDM: how was your eggplant? What are you finding holds you in the afternoons from cravings?

Hello everyone!

AM: 239.4! See I told you the slowed digesting mucked me up. Hopefully now it's just downward for the month ahead. Well I'm sure I'll have TOM to deal with again and we learned this last one was not kind to my eating well. Maybe I can learn to make changes to keep it in check.

This week we'll have over a nephew for dinner before he goes back to college. I think we'll have pizza night so I'll make sure I have a big salad with mine and less pizza. I'll make him cookies to take with as he's a fan of my baking and it's a good send off to school! Plus I can have one and then they go.

As I sit here I notice fall is closer each morning. This morn it's foggy a bit and the air smells heavily of the last hay cutting. Kind of wet hay smell in the air. I'm a little rural town and just down the block my street butts into a farm field. At times he runs his cattle this low and all night long they low which sometimes freaks me out that I think I have a cow right under my window when I can't sleep. But falls coming and that means another challenge for me as it gets colder because I know I eat more and tend to abandon my weight loss. So help me to stay on path!

Ok I think I too will stay here a bit to cheer you all on and we can leap together for good to the 230s. So here's to good scales. I'm off to loose a bit more today. I aim to get back into my wedding ring comfortably, yes that's my NSV once again to hit. Funny when you miss something due to weight issues.

Oh and go buy your powerball - could you even begin to imagine winning that money? Sorry but when it's high like that it's always fun to dream.
Old 08-23-2017, 09:33 AM   #355  
ready to succeed

Good Morning! I haven't been able to sleep at night all week, and then I end up taking a nap after work so the cycle continues! I'm hoping to push through today! My TOM is any day now, so I am trying to stock up on super dark chocolate, cherries, zucchini to make chips with... just anything to substitute the sweets and salty I crave so much.

My scale is back at 245, but honestly I feel like it has motivated me even more - I am tired of seeing that yo-yo. I know I can get to the 230s, I have several times before.

Lemonthyme 239! You are doing fantastically!! I actually peaked in the 230 & 220 group yesterday to help boost my drive to get there!

It was Ubee that said she was making eggplant noodles, I made stuffed pepper pizzas. They were fantastic!! I loaded them with plenty of veg and a homemade sauce to cut down on the cheese. My DH and I both took the left overs for lunch today, that meal is a keeper! Tonight we are doing a zucchini chicken alfredo.

I've found over the last 2-3 weeks I've been really good at getting up a bit earlier to make a real breakfast, eggs avocado mushroom turkey sausage... it's been nice starting the day like that. Now if I can push myself to get up slightly earlier I can go for a jog with my DH - he manages to get up around 5am every morning to get in some exercise!

JD How are you doing?
Old 08-23-2017, 10:37 AM   #356  
NOOM user

S/C/G: 300/230.6/170

Height: 5'4

Hey all! I'm back from my travels! I've not weighed myself yet because the weekend was horrible. The food I ate actually caused me physical pain. I had been avoiding wheat for the past eight months and when I had some this weekend my pain was off the charts! It took until late Tuesday for me to be pain-free from having eaten wheat on Saturday night. I found the portion sizes were too much for my system and I felt awful all throughout the trip. I came back looking forward to my little Medifast pouches; so I'm almost back to 100% on plan. I'll likely step on the scale tomorrow to see the damage. So happy to be back though!!
LauraRVA42011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 04:43 PM   #357  

Laura: do you have autoimmunes? Just curious as I know inflammation is part of it. I know how hurting body can feel and it's not pleasant at all. Hopefully stopping the travel diet is a big help. I'd agree and stay away from the scale as well!

FDDM: sorry I read and don't reread as I answer. I'm glad your peppers turned out well. As for the early jogging, I guess in my head it takes quite a bit of commitment to keep getting up early. Before kids I never had issue w that in fact I enjoyed starting my day early. Now, not so easy. And that's the time when I can go move and sadly I tend to say I'll go tomorrow like I did today. Besides, you have a man you can chase around the block - there's incentive right there. 😁 See how his new running bum is developing and all. I'm just sayin . . . You can exercise and check him out all at once.

Ubee: perfect weather the last few days! I'm sending you some more. How often do you have your grandson?

AM: ugh, the afternoon sweet tooth is saying hello again. I'm about 100 over for calories (I already entered dinner) so I guess I'll have to reduce something, move more or just lump it for today. Right now I'm drinking my green tea. Right now it's not quite helping.

I have clothes to get off the line before I light my grill for tonight. We are doing small steaks (well I am), zukes/summer squash w tomatoes garlic and a bit of Parmesan, and I may have a 1/2 ear of corn. I'm still trying to decide what's up. I do hope it all evens out and in the end I do better than I think.

Alrighty off to think through more protein opportunities in my mid morn and lunch to get me through until dinner. I do almonds, string cheese, avocados when I have them as snack material. And I try to have protein w/the meals. If you have further ideas send them my way.

Oh ubee: the new living mag had a spread on voodles from carrots to squash, beets. The piles of colors were nice- I wonder how the beets taste w whatever you put them in. Oh and the turnips last night turned out really well!
Old 08-24-2017, 09:21 AM   #358  
NOOM user

S/C/G: 300/230.6/170

Height: 5'4

Lemonthyme when I was a baby (1965/66) I was identified to have food intolerances including gluten and dairy. The doctor told my mother that I may develop colitis or Crohn's when I grew up. I haven't but I do get very bad GI experiences when I eat things like white bread. I'm not as sensitive as those with a true allergy, but I do have major discomfort when I eat processed things like bagels or pizza.

I found when I started avoiding gluten that I no longer had pain. The doctor told my mom back in the Sixties: "She will always have a stomach ache and think it's normal" - heckuva diagnosis/prognosis. I'm just glad the world has advanced and I have gluten-free options now.
LauraRVA42011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 11:28 AM   #359  
ready to succeed

Good Morning,

The scale is staying steady, but my confidence and motivation is really at an all time high! I was so productive last night that I went to bed feeling really accomplished - but still I couldn't sleep well.

Lemonthyme Do you ever make keto fat bombs to help with your sweet tooth? There is a chocolate and peanut butter one I really like.
Old 08-24-2017, 04:11 PM   #360  

FDDM: no I have never heard of fat bombs. Share if you will. I have been trying to get through the tough sweet tooth with either a few tootsie rolls or taffy. Not great, but when I'm tired of fruit for lack of really curing my sweet need well, sometimes it works. Other times not so much.

Laura: isn't it fascinating what they are finding out about inflammation including depression. I was talking to my PT the other day I think just listening to her she tends to not do any processed or sugars but we did end w quite the discussion on inflammation. I told her of my use of magnesium and how it's making achy joints feel when I use it. I think the world can survive w/both medical and natural remedies. However I seem to be in the minority locally that is.

Ubee: what's on the menu today? We have nephew and papa murphys so a slice for me the rest is salad. I keep yours and Laura's mantra of the first bite in my head right now. It seems to help in stopping the need to finish it all.

Hello all!

My scale wiggled between two numbers 238.6 - 239.4. Since it finally landed on the higher than that's what I will mark today as. I totally slept through the alarm this am which is ok as kids havent started school yet but that meant I missed moving. I wonder if I am making up from my travels. Who knows but I again plan to go to bed w my gym clothes out and waiting to hop into tomorrow morn.

We can do this! Fight on we will.