Old 08-31-2015, 11:17 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Hey everybody!

DianeEverybody deserves a rest day now and then!

Laurie I can't function without tracking. It's the only thing that consistently works for me. I finally started using my phone and that makes it even easier.

Kelly Happy first day of spring to you!
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 09:19 AM   #122  

Height: 5'5"

Good morning, everyone!

UBER!!! - Going to try to do this properly now. YAY!!! I am so excited that you are back. Your wisdom, your wit, your insight. I have missed it all so much.

Amanda - I love that you are here so consistently. Hooray for you staying on track with your crazy schedule. Losing weight while quitting smoking is, I think, officially a minor miracle.

Kelly - Oof. The plateaus are the worst. And the whole losing (or maintaining) while everyone else is gaining has its own set of challenges. I sometimes get "loser's guilt," if that's a thing. I am a little stressed that I am succeeding while others are failing. But you know what? I'll take that right now! Cuz the opposite is happening. =) Happy first day of spring, and sending good vibes on breaking your plateau.

Diane - I gotta second Uber. Rest days are good for the body and mind. But, at least for me, getting sucked into the funk is really easy. So, hope that you managed a run in last night or got to the gym this morning. You are a rock. And a rock star.

I am officially starting my tracking today. Last night was a bit of a sugar-flavored disaster, and I haven't forced myself to weigh. But I am ready. I am scheduled for a gym day with friends, so I am going to try to leave work early (by which I mean, when I'm scheduled to get off) and make everything fit.

Have a great day everyone!
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 11:46 AM   #123  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Well, didn't run last night. I have a little pain in my foot, so I'm letting it rest a little. I'll try running on Wednesday unless it is still sore. I seem to be falling apart! Not really, just a couple of aches that I don't think I need to ignore. I did go to body pump this morning, so that was good. I'll go back to spin tomorrow too.

Laurie: Glad to see you post. I am taking today, being the first day of September, as being the fresh start. I haven't been totally on track for a couple of weeks, so trying day by day to stay committed and diligent.

Uber: Still makes me happy to see your post! Glad you are back!

Amanda: Nice! Kudos on the successful doctor's appointment!!

Kelly: Ah yes, end of summer for us, beginning of spring for you. How funny!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 04:28 PM   #124  
★ Kelly ★

S/C/G: flawsome

Height: 5' 5

Just a quick drop in to say ... Weeewhoo your good vibes worked 221.9 on the scales this morning, finally a little action. Maybe get close to double figures this week .. can I dare to dream.

So pleased to see a busy wee forum! To be selfish I need it right now to grt me over this line
MissLoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 07:57 PM   #125  
Amanda

S/C/G: 272.5/see ticker/172.5

Height: 5'4

This thread got a little busy over the last couple days, or is it just me?? I love it! It makes me more motivated and excited about losing weight when everyone else gets all pumped up too! The forum itself seems like it's starting to hustle and bustle again too. I wonder if it's the upcoming holidays and back to school that's getting everyone back into the game again?

Took an exam this morning (aced it!), and ate pretty decently. The food itself could have been healthier, but I'm still technically a decent amount below my allotted calories for the day, so I'm calling it a victory day lol. Half the battle is the calories, the other half the quality for me. MyFitnessPal is saving my life, I don't know why I think I can do it without watching every single freaking thing that goes in my mouth.

LITTLE BABY JESUS, please please PLEEEAASSSEE let me hit 252 tomorrow. PLEEEEAAASSSE. I've been so good, it's not my fault it's the time of the month!!!

uber: I get the tracking thing! Every time I think I can do it without tracking, I gain weight. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I HAVE to track.

Laurie: Yay for getting back on track! Everyone gets their little humps and lumps now and then, it's all about getting back to it that counts! The smoking has its ups and downs...I've gotten very upset about other things in life a few times and I've broken down twice and had a cigarette. But two cigarettes in nearly two months? Not so bad, I think.

Diane: Hope your foot feels better! And thanks for the congrats.

Kelly: I KNEW IT. All those good vibes strong-armed your scale and showed it who is the boss!!!
DreadPiratePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 12:38 AM   #126  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Amanda Good luck about hitting 252. Sometimes seeing the scale moves is just what we need!

Kelly 221 is awesome! Good for you! Thanks for welcoming me back to the forum. I'll try to keep it busy!

Laurie So glad that you are still here and still working it! You and Diane are really long-termers!

Diane I'm sorry about the sore foot! I've been having foot trouble recently too. Mine is aggravated by too much walking, which is really a pain (so to speak!)

Had a good day today. I'm back in the routine of walking my son to school, which is a good way for me to get in a quick one mile walk first thing in the morning. Staying within my calorie range... the old familiar grind! :-)
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 10:01 AM   #127  

Diane - I am so glad that you pointed out that yesterday was September 1. It feels a lot like renewal. Hooray for renewal! WTG on getting to body pump this morning. And way to be smart with the foot/running thing. No need to aggravate an injury when there are other ways to accomplish your fitness goals. (Also, when I think of you now, I actually know what you look like. Which is supa cool. Glad you posted the pic.)

Kelly - I am guessing that your hard work is what resulted in your drop on the scale, but I will take any credit I can. Yay good vibes! So happy you broke through the plateau. And yay on the spring. Spring is lovely. Another time of renewal.

Amanda - Limiting to two cigarettes in two months seems like victory to me! And to be succeeding in school and stay on calorie target? That's total victory. Since it worked for Kelly, I'll send good vibes your way too on the scale thing. May the gravitational force be less with you.

Uber - You and I are getting back in the groove at about the same time, and if your ticker is accurate, we are fairy close to the same weight now. Looking for tandem success, as we have achieved before! I love that you walk your son to school. Such a great way for both of you to start your day.

Starting to feel the groove, but really nervous about being overconfident about it. Need to keep the focus today. Need to make sure I get some exercise in today. The husband is making dinner, so that helps too.

Thank you, Diane and (Uber and Amanda!) for reminding me about tracking. I hate it, and it can trigger my serious food issues, but it is exactly what I need right now. Yesterday at work, I refused to eat anything until I had entered it into my tracker. I loosened up some at dinner (which I am going to reign in), but it was good to force that awareness on me once again. I have lots of lower-cal options, but those can add up quickly. I think it may be time for me to return to the days of eating copious quantities of (almost calorie-free) spinach.

Long post. No regrets. Need to seize this bit of momentum and roll with it.
Old 09-02-2015, 12:58 PM   #128  
Diane

Went to spin class this morning. I think my foot is doing well enough to go running tonight. We'll see how it feels by then. I have been doing fairly well with food, but much better on recording it on myfitnesspal. I think that is important for me right now. I got on the scale this morning and it looked good. Hoping that it stays that way.

Laurie: Don't ever feel bad about a long post! Love to hear what you have to say. I'm glad that you are feeling more in the groove. It is a fine line, isn't it?

Uber: How nice to be able to walk your son to school. Glad you are back to the old grind!

Amanda: Congrats on the test! Here's hoping for a lower number on your scale, too!!

Kelly: Nice losses! It's always good to have some success!
Old 09-03-2015, 09:36 AM   #129  

Good morning!

Diane - Yay spin class! Glad your foot is improving. Hope you get a chance to run tonight. Thank you for the kind indulgence about post length. Sometimes, posting makes all the difference to me.

I am on day 4 of being back in the groove. I have not yet had a single "stellar" day, but I am having pretty good days, and reaping some of the benefits. I am craving less sugar, obsessing less about food.

I am going to set a goal of eating more low-calorie real food. I am not fully utilizing the possibilities, and I need to. I also am going to get to the gym this afternoon. I have a 1:30 meeting, so I will just head out right after that.

Happy Thursday, everyone! Long weekend coming up!
Old 09-03-2015, 11:46 AM   #130  
Diane

Went to body pump this morning. It seemed kind of tough, might be because it was a little hot in the gym. I did go running last night after work. It went pretty well, and I didn't seem to feel too much on my foot, so it must be better. Last night I got a HUGE cramp in my big toe, thought I was going to die! I don't know why that happened, because I have been drinking lots of water. Might need to get a few bananas to see if that will help.

Laurie: Day 4! Good for you. I don't think that we need stellar days, but if we're better on most things, we're still ahead. Hope you make it to the gym!
Old 09-03-2015, 04:36 PM   #131  
Amanda

Ladies, we're back to the time of the week where I don't post much or often - clinicals! I wish I could put the skull emoji or the face with x's for eyes emoji here.

I'm so freaking exhausted. The shadows under my eyes have now turned a dark purple black color on the inside by my nose and are now reaching around in their green/blue goodness all the way to the outer corners of my eyes. I look like I got punched in the nose and got raccoon eyes from it. I haven't plucked my eyebrows in weeks. I am one big hot mess.

BUT....I'm a hot mess that officially hit 252.8 this morning! Excuse me while I go collapse in bed for a few hours before hitting the homework again. Another 4:45am wake up call coming tomorrow morning!

uber: Along with getting in an easy mile, walking your son to school sounds like a nice way to spend a little more time with him! Every extra minute and every extra step counts.

Laurie: OMG. "May the gravitational force be less with you." You have NO IDEA how hard I laughed when I read that! And never apologize for long posts! You do what you gotta do to get motivated. Reading everyone's news gets me going. Congrats on the good week!

Diane: A cramp in your big toe??? That sounds awful! I would've been such a huge baby about it LOL. Glad your foot (the rest of it!) feels better though, the rest did you good!
Old 09-03-2015, 05:24 PM   #132  
★ Kelly ★

S/C/G: flawsome

Height: 5' 5

Erg me gerd .. I knew it would happen, sick kids!! Up most of the night with vomiting kidlets. Just when I thought we had gotten off lightly on the sickness front. Mow my younhest is running round happy as with a basket on his head while I feel like death from being up all night, how does that work?!

I was very brave this morning and changed the batteries on my scales lol, I don't like touching them I'm scared they will go up but no change, bullet dodged! Suppose to be going to a cake and craft show today but will have to stay home with kids, so that saves on calories my husbands birthday tomorrow so I'm thinking this weekend I'll be over on my calories ... but I'm so close to 99kg I think its incentive emough to stay on track.

Laurie I'm so pleased you are starting to find your groove, this weightloss thing is so hard!! And hey no stellar days are overrated if it means you are mentally happy

Amanda look after yourself and don't feel you have to post, we'll send you good vibes! Even if you look like a racoon

OMG Diane cramp in you big toe ouchy!

Uber the familiar gind is what does it, slow and steady wins the races ... although I would like the race to end soon, I know in my head maintenance is going to be hard... but I figure if it comes off this slow its going to be more likely I can maintain. At least I'm not scared of the scales going up anymore.

Right now I have to tackle getting my son out of his pjs ... he is now happily stalking the cat. Maybe coffee for me first
Edit: I just noticed how close I am to halfway whoop

Last edited by MissLoud; 09-03-2015 at 05:25 PM.
MissLoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 06:59 AM   #133  
Amanda

252.2 this morning!!!!!!

KellyLol I know! It just makes me feel better and feel more accountable when I do post, even if it's just a little
Old 09-04-2015, 12:35 PM   #134  
Diane

Went to spin this morning. There were only 3 of us there, plus the instructor, so obviously everyone else had fun stuff planned for today. I may or may not go running after work today. I'm not feeling it much right now, but we'll see.

Kelly: Yep, changing batteries on the scale is a scary, scary thing. Glad it didn't mess up your numbers!

Amanda: Hang in there! Hopefully you'll get sleep soon!
Old 09-04-2015, 02:13 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 319/238/160

Height: 5' 6"

As of this morning I am down 42.6 pounds. I am not having any trouble sticking with my diet plan. Getting exercise is where I fall short of where I would like to be. Although my weight loss is right on track and staying steady, so I am not going to worry too much about it. I will do what I can and push forward.
KateB is offline   Reply With Quote