Old 08-27-2015, 12:55 PM   #106  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Well, running was a little better last night. I did a little more than I did on Monday, but not my usual amount. I figured it is ok to build back up. I don't need to be hobbled again by the pain in my hip. Went to body pump this morning. It was so humid in the gym. We're not used to that here where I live, so we were all just struggling with being so sweaty and hot.

Amanda: Yep, you need more sleep tonight. I agree with you, that it is hard sometimes to bounce back after losing so much sleep earlier in the week. Congrats on the new stethoscope!!!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 11:39 PM   #107  
Amanda

S/C/G: 272.5/see ticker/172.5

Height: 5'4

Clinicals the last two days and did a spin class last night. Headache that is beginning to rage. Checking in before bed! G'night guys.
DreadPiratePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 01:13 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Well, it sure is nice to drag my butt back here and see some familiar faces! Laurie, Kelly, and Diane, I see you all are still working it!

So.... I'm back!

In a nutshell: Lost 40 last year, but got off track when my dad died. I tried to restart with a different approach-- being more intuitive and not counting calories. Well, guess what? That DOES NOT WORK for me!

I've known for a while that I absolutely needed to get back on track. My body simply does not work at this weight-- I get up to a certain point and I start to have all kinds of aches and pains and minor health issues. (and you know, also the threat of major health issues always looming on the horizon.)

So.... here's what happened. My college-age daughter just went for a physical and the doctor really let her have it-- she told her that she had just tipped into the obese range and HAD TO LOSE WEIGHT. Now, I should say that I made this huge effort never to talk to my daughters about their weight or make them feel bad about their bodies, because I suffered a lot from that, so she doesn't have body image issues. She thinks she looks good, and what the doctor said really shocked her. She came straight home and started changing her habits-- which are not nearly as bad as mine, I might add!!!

So, I realized that if my daughter can change of her health, then I can take charge of mine!

Back to the usual routine-- I'm counting calories and tracking on fit day.

I know I've been totally in and out here, but I hope ya'll don't mind having me back! :-)
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 10:24 AM   #109  
Amanda

Down to 254.4 this morning and feeling pretty darn good. Ate fantastic for most of yesterday (except for taco time at 5:45am on the way to the clinical site) and while I didn't work out, I felt the rest was well deserved. I was also still pretty sore from doing the spin class the night before. Took a while to go to sleep with that headache but once I did, I was OUT. Wishing I could have slept in more today but waking up early through the week is making it a lot harder to sleep in on my days off.

On the agenda today is...a whole of of just studying and maybe going to workout later on today. Thinking of finishing out week 1 of C25K. I also have an exam on Monday over 11 chapters that I haven't quite started to read yet (whoops). Wish me luck!

ubergirl: Welcome back! It's been getting a little lonely in this thread lately, everyone seems to have trickled away. Glad people are coming back and getting back in the swing of things!
Old 08-29-2015, 02:15 PM   #110  

Hi Amanda, thanks for the welcome back! I haven't changed my ticker yet, but this morning I was down two! Sorry about your headache! I'm a migraine girl-- nothing worse!
Old 08-29-2015, 04:03 PM   #111  
★ Kelly ★

S/C/G: flawsome

Height: 5' 5

Uber!!!!!!! So pleased to see you back! And in the zone too. Its been a bit quiet in here. Me I'm still ticking away, the scales have hit a plateau though I feel smaller. I would love to chuck them out the window but they call to me like a siren

Sunday rain here, sitting on the couch watching peppa pig (why do the kids love this??) And need to get motivated to have a shower, I've found a monthly workout challenge on pinterest that I'm going to start on the 1st and with the warmer weather I'm hoping it kickstarts something

Last edited by MissLoud; 08-31-2015 at 06:28 AM.
MissLoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 12:49 PM   #112  
Amanda

ubergirl: I didn't start getting truly terrible headaches until this year, and they're always stress related! I'm in my last semester of nursing school and will be testing to be an LVN in December And it sounds like you've really hit the ground running with losing what you gained back! That's so awesome!!

Kelly: Not gonna lie, when I was a nanny and the kids watched Peppa Pig, I always got sucked in too. The voice just draws you in! lol What workout challenge are you gonna do?
Old 08-30-2015, 05:11 PM   #113  
★ Kelly ★

I know Amanda Peppa sucks you in!!! I'm doing Steptember, which you do 10000 steps a day and get sponsors all the money goes to charity. Also going to do a sculpt and tone one I found on pintrest - love me some pintrest. So even if the scales don't move I'll hopefully be a bit more toned lol. So over these scales maybe the batteries need changed ... grasping at straws much.

Not the best weekend, I didn't eat too much but enough to maintain I think. Raining again and a sick child so mucking round the house today, if he has a nap might be able to do some sewing maybe?!
Old 08-30-2015, 09:17 PM   #114  
Amanda

Down to 253! Yeeeaaaaaaah! Just studied and laid around the house. Been babysitting the sick boyfriend (who is feeling much better) and reading chapter after chapter after chapter and not a whole lot else. :P
Old 08-31-2015, 12:56 AM   #115  

AmandaNursing school tough! I should know, because I'm a nurse! A nurse-midwife actually, although I don't work in my field anymore.

Kelly You are doing awesome!!!! Nice to see you!

It's been pretty hot the last few days, which really helps me not eat! My littlest goes back to school tomorrow, and I feel like I'm off to a good start!
Old 08-31-2015, 12:52 PM   #116  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

I didn't get a chance to check in this weekend. I went to body pump and body flow on Saturday, so that was good. I also mowed my lawn Saturday afternoon, so it was an active day. Sunday... not at all. I just didn't do too much at all. It was just one of those days, I guess. Missed spin this morning, too. I slept a little long and then talked myself out of going. I seem to be in a little funk right now. But I'm going to go running tonight after work. I hope!

Uber! So good to see you back here. I missed hearing from you, but I knew you were going through a rough time. I'm glad that your daughter took that news from the doctor in a good way, rather than being depressed or offended. I hope you both have an easy time getting on track. I'm just happy to see you!!!

Kelly: How funny. I've seen Peppa Pig on the TV schedule before. I've never had to watch it. My husband and I make fun of the title each time we see it. Ha!

Amanda: Hopefully your headache is better now!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 01:33 PM   #117  

Height: 5'5"

I wasn't going to post today because I've got a super crazy day, and if I just can't get in a post first thing in the morning, I have been tending to skip it.

But I had a few seconds, and I thought I would do a quick check-in. And WOO HOO!!!!! I am so excited you're back, Uber! Check out your daughter. One warning, and changes made. May they stick forever.

Not going to spend more than a few seconds on here, though. I'm in frantic prep mode for a meeting in about an hour.

Probably not going to escape to the gym today. Meeting during my usual gym time. Dinner with the fam to prep and serve immediately after work. Social gathering at 7:00. Goal, then, is to go for a quick walk after the social gathering. We'll see.

Uber pushed me over the edge on my Fitday dilemma. I will join you and Diane in daily tracking. Starting tomorrow. Woot?

Until tomorrow, when I will be more responsible about reading and responding. Probably.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 02:42 PM   #118  
Amanda

253.6 this morning...could be better, but honestly I'm just glad I'm still in 253 range. Hoping tomorrow will bring me down, FINALLY, to 252. Going back to doctor today, it never seems to end. We're talking about my weight loss thus far, and talking about my plan from here. I'll be back next month for another follow up. I was a little worried about going back until I realized that I've lost almost a full 10lb since the last time I was there two months ago, so I'm actually still doing decently well.

No working out today...after the doctor's appt, I'll be going grocery shopping, and after that I'll be home studying for tomorrow's exam. I want to go to a spin class and maybe a yoga class tomorrow, so I'm looking forward to that.

Kelly: Blah! Scales. I have a love/hate relationship with mine. And yet, I just can't stay away! The toning will get you all revved up and before you know it, that scale won't know what hit it!

ubergirl: Holy cow, that's awesome!! I start my maternity and peds rotations in another three weeks, I'm super excited. Pretty sure I'll end up in psych though!

Diane: Thanks, it is. Have fun running tonight, you can do it!

Laurie: Enjoy your walk! Hope you get a minute to yourself to breathe today.

Last edited by DreadPiratePanda; 08-31-2015 at 02:42 PM.
Old 08-31-2015, 05:08 PM   #119  
★ Kelly ★

Happy first day of spring!!!!! Okay just for me and the rest of the southern hemisphere. And right in track the weathers packed it, a wicked wind coming straight off Antarctica! Also day one of Steptember, I'm doing it with a couple of friends so hopefully a bit of competition! My friends who weigh in with me on a Wednesday have fallen off the wagon big time and seem to be going up the scales instead if down so I'm finding it hard with my plateau as well - hopefully I'll have a new number to chart tomorrow.

Good too see its filling up in here again!
Old 08-31-2015, 09:23 PM   #120  
Amanda

Quick check in before I finish studying for the night and pass out: at my doctor's appt, they said I have officially lost 10lb since the last time I was there! I originally saw this doctor right before my 30th birthday in July, and at the time I had no idea I would be quitting smoking so abruptly. When I told him that I'd quit in July, he said that me not only not gaining weight but managing to also lose 10lb was no small miracle. That bumped my self esteem up quite a bit.

Last edited by DreadPiratePanda; 08-31-2015 at 09:24 PM.