Old 07-31-2015, 03:58 PM   #46  
Amanda

S/C/G: 272.5/see ticker/172.5

Height: 5'4

Super quick update! I'm up to 256.0 as of yesterday morning (no change today) with seemingly no reasonable explanation (I've been super good!)...until I realized my TOM is coming on Monday, so water bloating ahoy! But it's cool, I'm gonna be at the beach all weekend so I'm not too concerned. Just gonna enjoy my weekend of sea and sand and come back to reality Monday morning!
DreadPiratePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 05:08 PM   #47  
Lifestyle Changes

S/C/G: 295/sig/175

Height: 5'9

Hey all, I'm heading back to Onederland pretty quickly and I am excited to be back to it. I remember getting there the first time last year and just being so stoked. So now I am going to appreciate it and not let it go!

But also, I need to break through the 190's pretty quickly, just to get my mojo back and get into new territory. The lowest I got was about 190lbs and I was so close but then I started backsliding right around then. I managed to stay at 195lbs for a while but then it just started going up again. But I'm glad I caught it. I knew something like this might happen, weight loss is hardly ever linear!
thewalrus0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 12:21 PM   #48  

Height: 5'5"

One of those mornings where I was answering email from the time I woke up (literally before I went to work). Impromptu meetings, urgent emails, and this is the first few minutes I have had to come here. Feels good to be needed, though. =)

Just doing a quick check-in, though. Work calls. My good news - I felt pretty funky this weekend, so I ate very little. I think I sort of normalized it yesterday evening, but I feel very "on the bandwagon" in terms of my focus on making sure I have good food and have my gym clothes, etc. No real morning food temptations, either. Sometimes, life hands you a gift. No complaints.

Today's Goals
1 - Leave at 1:30 for gym or walk (it's beautiful outside - maybe even an outside run)
2 - Moderate food
3 - Stay focused on work so I don't have an excuse to skip the gym.
4 - Stay with the "no food from 1 - 6 p.m." rule unless it's post-work-out feed

Have a great Monday, all!
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 02:01 PM   #49  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Well, the bloat is over, thank goodness. I had a decent weigh in this morning. Went to spin and I'll go running after work. It is supposed to be cool this afternoon, but they're also talking about "heavy rain", so I guess I won't run outside. I'm kind of wanting to get off the treadmill and back outside, but while it is so hot, I just can't do it.

Laurie: Sounds like the morning I've been having. Just one thing after another!

Walrus: Congrats on the weight loss.

Dread: Hope you had a good time at the beach!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 03:03 PM   #50  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Height: 5'9"

Hey all!

Been a while since my last check in, since I'm a little weird about the stairs to the basement (where my computer is) lately. Can't see my feet around the baby belly and all. BUT. I'm pretty sure my glucose test was fine! My doctor's office is good about calling if something is not normal, and my test was last Wednesday, and I've heard nothing back from them. So, YAY FOR THAT! I can have a piece of cake at my baby shower later this month without feeling guilty! Which is good, because we have a professional baker that does the cakes for these things and it's like heaven on a fork whenever she brings goodies.

I have another ultrasound scheduled for August 12 and am super excited to see my little boy again! They want to check his growth and make sure the EDD of October 21 is still accurate, and they also want to see if they can verify a 2 or 3 vessel cord, since they couldn't see that on the previous anatomy scan. Doc is probably gonna have me do these ultrasounds a couple more times before baby comes to keep an eye on growth, since overweight/obese mamas have a higher risk for bigger babies and they want to make sure he doesn't get *too* big in there.

And Laurie, I was simply saying my checkins will be much much more regular starting in January, and I will be back here daily to tell any mental hookers causing problems to GTFO! Including my own, which will probably be telling me LOSE FASTER FATTY, even though breast feeding mamas are supposed to go slow.
FeraFilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 07:05 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 276.4/215/160

Height: 5'6

Hey all! Guess what??????? I was offered the limited duration job with the state pending background check. I am so happy about that. Since then I have had opportunities to interview in the private sector too. I am debating both...but the private sector cannot beat the states benefits. I know with the degree I have I will be able to or hopefully move up fast with the state. I would love to eventually be in an investigative role, that is my true passion.

Weight wise.....I am still the same....having days where I do not eat until dinner and then having days where I just yeah well I will not say. I am committing to myself to get back on schedule and to commit to planning meals and packing them. My start date is next Monday.

I will go through all the posts...hope everyone is doing well!
jenjenangel027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 10:18 AM   #52  

Height: 5'5"

JENNI!!! - I could not be more excited for you! All that work and all that stress. The job doesn't solve all your problems, but it is a huge, well-deserved step forward. CONGRATULATIONS!

Mandy - Yay for growing a baby! And really relieved for you that you aren't dealing with gestational diabetes. Can't wait to see pics, and am looking forward to you re-joining the journey whenever it's right for you.

Diane - I, too, much prefer being outside, but there is also something comforting and consistent about a treadmill. So glad the bloat has passed and you're getting good results.

Still struggling, but the food seems to be doing better. Another day, another opportunity, right?

Got a kid doctor appointment today, so can't also slip out for a work-out. We'll see if I can get something in after work. Also, have to get a dress for my daughter's wedding in less than two weeks. Was hoping that I would be down by this time, but I am actually up a few pounds. Gotta suck it up and find something.

Have a good day, everyone!
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 01:42 PM   #53  
Diane

Went running last night and had someone tell me how good I look. I don't know her very well, but she's at the gym a lot of the times that I am there. It is good to hear, but sometimes I feel so awkward about it. I went to Body Pump this morning and got there a little early. I try to not get there too early so that I don't have to talk. That's how sociable I am. But there were a couple of people giving me a hard time about being so hard core that I do my pushups from my toes and not my knees. Well, what do you say to that? Thanks? I keep trying to improve on form and increase my weights, so yeah, that's why I do them that way. I know people are trying to be supportive, and I appreciate it, but I just would rather not discuss.

I did better yesterday with food. Today will be another struggle, I can tell already. I haven't been taking the time at night to make my lunch, and I just don't have time in the morning.

Mandy: Glad that the glucose test went well! You don't want to have to worry about that issue!

Jenni: Congrats on the job! That's so awesome!!

Laurie: I understand the struggle! Hang in there!!
Old 08-04-2015, 05:50 PM   #54  
★ Kelly ★

S/C/G: flawsome

Height: 5' 5

Jenni - hey job!! Thats awesome, will take some of the stress away I'm sure

Diane - I see what you mean about comments on your fitness, I know they are trying to be helpful but its like when people comment on your weightloss, and then like to add 'you look so much better ..' like you looked like cr*p before. Meh you don't do it for them, if we did we would have given up ages ago.

Laurie - Oooh weddings I'm in the thick of it here too, 2 of my close friends are getting married in the next 6 months. I'm not where I want to be either, but hey put some heels on and own it I say!

Well I've picked myself up off the hormonal floor and given myself a kick up the butt! I didn't realise how much hormones would effect not only my diet but my belief in myself. I've started tracking it now so I'm not scambling and wondering why I'm so down. I swear I've got more extreme since having kids - I guess its just the total lack of time for myself I'm due today and managed to loose a pound so I'm okay with that. I'm going to recognise the days I just want to eat everything in the house and let myself eat as much as I want but healthy. Oh being a woman is great isn't it!

Well had a late night last night as I had to take my grandparents down to A&E my grandad was okay and they ended up sending him home, he did need to see a doctor though. But because he was low priority we got home at 2 in the morning so now to resist eating out of tiredness. Excited as we are off to Dunedin for a long weekend with a couple of other families, doing lots of kid stuff ahd shopping. They have a rainforest display at the museum and its so cool, hundreds of butterflies. I think I was more excited than the kids last time lol. Will take my shoes and walk on the beach, in the freezing cold lol bring in summer!!!!

Last edited by MissLoud; 08-04-2015 at 05:52 PM.
MissLoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 12:05 PM   #55  
Diane

Went to spin this morning. I really didn't feel like it and I almost stayed home. But, somehow got out the door. I don't know why the lazies are hitting me so hard lately. I guess hovering around the same weight is getting tiring. Of course, it isn't the workouts that are the problem. It is me, trying to stay on track with food. Oh well. We'll see how it goes by Monday. I might have to try something else to kick it up a notch. I'll go running after work tonight. I am not going to even start thinking I don't want to go.

MissLoud: Yep, hormones are wonderful. Glad you're feeling better. It sounds like you have a really fun weekend planned!
Old 08-06-2015, 12:23 PM   #56  
Diane

Ok.... kinda quiet here.

Went to Body Pump this morning. Good workout. It actually seemed a little better and I think it was because I ended up not running last night. Although I think that running is a great exercise and is helping me a lot, it does wear me out and makes my other workouts more difficult.

Hope everyone is doing ok!!
Old 08-07-2015, 12:07 PM   #57  
Diane

Seriously??????????????????
Old 08-07-2015, 05:14 PM   #58  
Amanda

Sorry I've been MIA these last few days (for the last week maybe?)! I'm in the middle of a relay race to the end of this semester. I'm dead tired, I'm off my diet, I've only been doing minimal exercising, I'm eating like crap.

BUT I'M ALMOST DONE WITH MED-SURG II!!! I'm so close. Just another week of this crap. I have three exams Monday and Tuesday, and I just need to survive until next week Friday. Then I get a blessed week-long, hard-earned break before getting thrown into the next round of classes.

So...forgive me while I temporarily kind of suck at losing weight lol.
Old 08-08-2015, 01:29 PM   #59  
Amanda

Just weighed myself to see the damage...and I'm floating at an even 255.0! I thought for sure I would have ballooned back up to the 260's by now, but it looks like I'm holding steady at this weight. Maybe the calorie counting affected my eating habits more than I think? When we came home from the beach, it was sitting around 257ish.

So much good news from everyone! What a wonderful thing to come back to on the board.

TheWalrus: Congrats on coming back!!! You'll be back in Onederland in no time at all

Laurie: Congrats on your daughter's wedding! I'm sure you'll find a dress that fits wonderfully, and both you and your daughter will be radiant and beautiful on her big day!

Jenni: YAAAYYYY I'm so happy you got the offer!!!! How exciting!!

Mandy: I'm glad the glucose test came back with good results (or no results lol). One less thing for an already stessed out pregnant lady to worry about!

Kelly: You can do it!!! Hormones are just a woman's best friend, aren't they? And that museum sounds super cool!

Diane: Honest to God, you always sound like a super woman with your posts. So many workouts and healthy eating! I'm sure you'll find a rhythm that fits and gets you the most out of all the workouts
Old 08-10-2015, 12:23 PM   #60  
Amanda

Where is everyone????? Come back!

Woke up this morning to a weight of 258.2. WHOA BUDDY. Guess all the crap eating finally caught up to me. Figured out that four months from tomorrow, I'll be graduating and doing my pinning ceremony at school. Those pictures are going to be posted far and wide and will be tacked up on plenty of family member's living room walls (as well as my own wall), which means I've got to look GOOD.

Four months to lose weight and look good in a photo that will live forever. If I push hard and buckle down, eat healthy, count my calories and work out like a mad-woman...2lbs a week, 4 weeks/month, 4 months....I could possibly lose up to 32lbs. I could be in the 220's when I get pinned!!! How exciting.

Time to step up my weight loss game!!