Old 07-26-2015, 02:38 PM   #31  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Ok, I've never uploaded a photo before, so I'm trying it now. I am sharing a photo that was taken right after I rode the zip line last weekend. I kinda like the picture and I'll never forget the feeling. I thought you guys might want to know what I look like, so here it is.

Anyway, moving on... Having a good weekend, but still struggling a little with staying on food plan. I had a ton of activity yesterday, so taking it somewhat easy today. Mowing my lawn is a huge effort, and I did that yesterday. I had also gone to body pump and body flow in the morning, so I was feeling it all last night.

Today I'm trying to clean the house. I'm not much into it at all. I'm not a good housekeeper.....

Dread: Yep, not too bad of a gain at all! Just back at it now, and you'll be fine!!

Mandy: Ugh. I had to do the 3 hour glucose test. Passed with flying colors, but the taste of that drink was awful. I hope you don't have to do it!!! You're doing so well right now with everything, I'm proud of you!

MissLoud: How nice to have that time to yourself to do what you wanted to do!!

Laurie: I eat protein bars a lot. Not everyday, but I do think they are helpful a lot of the time. I think you made a good choice there!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ZIP LINE.jpg (27.7 KB, 16 views)
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 12:41 PM   #32  

Height: 5'5"

Love that I'm seeing so many weekend / Monday morning posts! So much commitment. =)

Diane - I LOVE that picture. You look like you're feeling great, and you're looking fierce. Thank you for sharing it. (Okay - confession - since you talk about your grown picture, I pictured you a little more "middle-age-ish"-looking, whatever that means. You do NOT look "middle-aged" at all. Not that there's anything wrong with looking middle-aged. Old women are gorgeous! And now I'm on a tangent. Sorry.) I continue to be so inspired by you and how terribly fit you are. And I am now additionally inspired by how fantastic you are looking.

Amanda - The definition of success is working through the bumps and keeping on keeping on. It's a beautiful, first-of-the-week Monday! So much rejuvenating energy in Mondays! The pizza and chicken strips are now memories, and the future is filled with [whatever your version of healthy eating includes]. Yay on the Buzzfeed work-outs. Yippee to modification rather than quitting. And such a relief that the scale damage wasn't worse. Good on you for owning it and moving forward. I also feel for you on the clinicals frustration. I deal with people all of the time who seem to be getting a "raw deal," for whatever reason. But you know what? I know that I can't conquer the world or fix everyone's problems, but I can almost always make that person's day better because I was in it. (I feel like I'm sounding like a self-help book this morning, which can either be annoying or inspiring. I'll just hope it's the latter.)

Kelly - Reading your post put a huge smile on my face. What a fantastic weekend! You so deserve a few kid-free days, and you put them to fantastic use! Go, you.

Mandy - Ugh on the glucose testing. But yay on the progress through a healthy pregnancy. I love hearing about the baby's acrobatics. But I still think of you as Mandy, the woman who encouraged me to quiet my inner hooker! Not just the pregnant minister's wife. ;=) Good luck on the testing.

230.2. I had hoped not to go over the 23* brink again, but I also ate spaghetti and candy yesterday, and my work-out was lackluster. But I went to the gym. And I ate fairly healthy *most* of the day. So, I will chalk it up into the win column and hope for a week measured in the 22* category.

So much craziness in my world. But things seem to have improved in my personal relationships -- especially with the husband -- so I am embracing the crazy.

Today's goals:
1 - Hit the gym this afternoon for some fantastic cardio.
2 - Weigh tomorrow morning.
3 - Eat fruit, veggies, and lean protein today. No excess sugar.

Have a great week, everyone!
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 02:24 PM   #33  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Height: 5'9"

Laurie I will definitely be back telling mental hookers to shut up in a few months! I have a legit reason for waiting until New Years for my weight loss resolution this time around... and I'll be sticking to that plan. That will give me a little over 2 months to recover from having the baby and I should be able to ease back into an exercise routine at that point, if not a calorie restriction due to breast feeding.

I've currently gained 16 pounds through 28 weeks of pregnancy, I hope I can keep that from going too much higher! (doc only wanted me to gain 15 total, oops)
FeraFilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 11:16 PM   #34  
Amanda

S/C/G: 272.5/see ticker/172.5

Height: 5'4

OOOOOOH MAH GAWD, what a day today!! Med-surg test over cardiac disorders this morning (aced it!!!), six hours of lecture on hormones, ate awesomely healthy all day, went to an hour long spin class (in which I went so hard I got dizzy and almost puked, need to work on moderation), then visited a close friend in the hospital (her six y/o daughter had to have a cardiac catheterization done). I came home exhausted, sore, disgusting, and generally pleased with myself. AAANNNNDDD....my weight is down to 254.6 as of this morning, lowest it's been since I started trying to lose weight! All in all, a very successful day. Oh, and I deep cleaned the kitchen and did all the dishes. BAM.

Diane: You look AWESOME!!! So happy and confident! I love it!!

Laurie: It really is the little things that make the days tolerable and worth it. My depressed patient told me that I was an awesome nurse and that he wanted to be there when I graduated the other day and it made my week! I think the biggest lesson I've learned this year (that's really paying off in my weight loss so far) is just brushing it off, adjusting my expectations, and rolling with the punches. Nursing school has really kind of beat me into a new perspective on life (or is in the process of doing so lol). If today was terrible, I'll just have to make tomorrow better.

Mandy: Good luck on your glucose test this week!!!
DreadPiratePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 12:44 PM   #35  
Diane

Ok, today is a better day. Yesterday was a busy, tough one and I never made it back to post anything. I updated my ticker... upward... but didn't have enough energy to post. I went to spin class yesterday and it was all good, but when I got to work, it seemed like I lost all energy. It is TOM for me, so that probably has a lot to do with it. I was looking back at my weight logs and it seems like TOM is causing a lot of havoc with my weight. It goes up quite a bit right before, but then goes down. So, we'll see what happens next week. I am at the age that I'm probably peri-menopausal, so who knows what those hormones do. I was dragging so much by the time I got to the end of work, I almost didn't go running. But I happened to mention it to a very supportive coworker and she told me to just go and run. I did, and I'm glad. That was the push I needed yesterday, I guess. Went to Body Pump today and no running tonight. Feeling better.

Laurie: Aw thanks! I am definitely middle aged, I'm 51. There is something I really like about that picture. That was such a strong feeling at that moment. And that's the picture my daughter too. Pure magic. I don't typically like pictures of me, but that one just reminds me of how much fun that was. By the way, I am so happy to hear that things are better in the personal relationship area of your life. That has to help!

Mandy: Sounds like you have a good plan for the remainder of the year. I know you don't want to put on a lot of weight with the pregnancy, but don't be too hard on yourself either. You'll be fine and starting out in January, then you can start working on losing weight again. So exciting!

Dread: Whew! What a day for you! And way to go with losing some pounds! That's awesome!
Old 07-29-2015, 10:58 AM   #36  

Mandy - Your response makes me fear that you think I think you should be working on weight loss or management right now. I hope you know that my comment was intended to be responsive to your concerns that people are tending to overlook you--the spunky, fierce, fun hooker-rebuker--and focus on the whole pregnancy thing. Anything related to exercise and calorie restriction is, both now and after the baby, between you and your doctor. I only want to cheer you on, as you have done for me. =) Also - yay for breast feeding! It can be tough to establish, but it was one of my very favorite things ever.

Amanda - Hooray for being a bright spot in someone's life, especially someone who needs it so much. Nursing is a lot about knowledge and technical skill, but it sounds like you are already mastering the people side of it. And go you! You are a superwoman. Great student, great friend, and spending some time to take care of yourself. And it's all paying off!

Diane - I love so much that you feel that way about a picture of yourself! It's powerful reinforcement that the rewards come far before the completion of the weight loss goal. Yay for the supportive coworker too! I am in awe of your running, BTW. I think I will go for a run myself this afternoon. In honor of you.

I'm having a particularly unproductive time period at work. No deadlines baring down. No inspiration to just clear out the underbrush--the small tasks that will bite me if I continue to ignore them, but they are being quiet for now. But I feel so much better when I just get things done. I also had a tough day yesterday. Pie, cake, donuts, and candy at work. I only ate two of those four things. Yet, somehow, that does not feel like a victory. =)

Today -
1 - Get focused on "clearing out the underbrush" this morning at work.
2 - Get out of here at 1:00 to run.
3 - Plan something with my husband this evening that is more active. (No kids for a week except my 18yo, since his kids are with their mom for a week, and he wants to do stuff together, which is great cuz I love to do stuff with him, but also a little overwhelming because I don't usually schedule as much leisure time as that.)

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 07-29-2015, 01:21 PM   #37  
Diane

Went to spin this morning. It didn't seem like a great workout today. I think it might have been more about my effort into it than the workout itself, but I didn't think that I was slacking. Oh well. They can't all be spectacular! Going running tonight.

Laurie: The pie and cake would have been my biggest temptations, that's for sure. I think you did well! I get you on the "underbrush". The little things can become big problems after a while. Ugh!!
Old 07-29-2015, 02:51 PM   #38  
Amanda

S/C/G: 272.5/see ticker/172.5

Height: 5'4

Down to 253.8 as of this morning, but I think it might have more to do with dehydration than anything good I've done lol. I'll still take it though! It's hard finding the motivation to push through everything I usually take care of on the weekends and get it done now, but I need to if I'm going to be able to relax at the coast this weekend. I need to make sure I get enough sleep as well...if I'm exhausted and just sleep the weekend away on the beach, I might as well have stayed at home! So my goals for the next two and a half days are time management, good diet, good hydration!

Diane: TOM always, ALWAYS kicks my butt! I get cranky, tired, bloated...and it makes wanting to do anything impossible for me. I totally get it.

Laurie: 2 out of 4 isn't bad! I'd consider it a victory I didn't eat more, and a goal to eat less of it in the future. And yay for quality time with the hubby It can be hard to come by! Sounds like it'll be something active and fun too!
DreadPiratePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 03:20 PM   #39  
Lifestyle Changes

S/C/G: 295/sig/175

Height: 5'9

Hey guys, this thread would be perfect for me!

I lost 100lbs last year and have gained 15lbs back in the last 5 months. I've dropped 1.5lbs and I'm ready to get back to it. I think my set back happened when I returned to using hormonal birth control, which I have always maintained causes me problems. I went against my own better judgement and now I am feeling just tons better to be off of it.

So I'd like to lose about 60lbs this time around and keep it off! I'm ready to work hard for it again.
thewalrus0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 01:31 PM   #40  

ARGH! I lost my post. Quick recap.

Walrus - Super glad you're here. I recognize you from other parts of the board. Yay for identifying your problem 15 pounds in instead of 50!

Diane - Going through the motions is the most important thing sometimes, though I have to say that sometimes my body surprises me with either being tougher than I expected or not nearly as tough as normal, so a less-than-stellar work-out may be just normal fluctuations. Still so impressed with your massive commitment.

Amanda - So excited for your well-deserved beach time! Hope you get the recharge you need for your hectic schedule.

Up to 236.4 this morning. Making a commitment to a 7-day challenge. It will be tough, but I need to do things much better.

1 - No eating from 1 - 6 p.m. unless post-lifting protein.
2 - No eating after dinner unless fruit or veggies.
3 - Exercise 5 of 7 days. Walking counts.
4 - Weigh every morning.

Attempt #15,932 to commence. Today.
Old 07-30-2015, 01:53 PM   #41  
Diane

Went to Body Pump this morning. It was a new release, so two of the instructors were there together. They like to make it fun on a new release so that you invite more people. It was a tough, tough workout, but also felt really good. We did these pushup things for the shoulder part where you were supposed to be on your knees for two counts and then up on your feet for 4 counts. Very challenging. I was really pushing it, and doing fairly well, and one of the instructors called out "Good job, Diane". Yay! They don't do that very often, so I felt pretty good about that. Beast mode!

We're having a catered lunch today at work, from Qdoba. I think I can probably be fairly good. Just need to stay away from the tortilla chips. They actually already put it out and I normally don't eat for another hour. Ugh. Might make for a long afternoon.

Laurie: Frustrating to lose your post like that! But, looks like you have a good plan for the day!

Walrus: Welcome! Hopefully we can be a support system for you! I've never made it to maintenance and I've often wondered how hard it might be.

Dread: How fun! A beach weekend! Looks like you have a good plan going into it!
Old 07-30-2015, 02:44 PM   #42  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

I said yesterday on my blog that I had a new attitude and was "Ok with the water weight", well, that was until it didn't budge this morning (ate cake - within my caloric limit, but higher carb count means holding more water too) and well, I Don't feel THAT ok with seeing no drop on the scale.

If I have a 6 pound jump on the scale, I want to actually feel like I ate tons of scrumptious food resulting in a true 6 pounds gained versus having restraint for those 6 days and STILL gaining 6 pounds! ARGH!!!!

I hate the ups and downs and stalls of it all. Even when I know WHY it is, I still don't like it!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 04:58 PM   #43  
Lifestyle Changes

S/C/G: 295/sig/175

Height: 5'9

Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

I am dropping weight pretty quickly now but I know it's just because I'm 'back on the wagon'. But it feels good to see it dropping.

I'm hoping to get back to 195lbs pretty quickly, which is where I was at once upon a time. Yesterday went pretty great. I have been on vacation but soon I'll be starting a new job. It's going to be pretty sedentary, driving semi trucks, but I should only have to do long runs about three days a week, with maybe a short run in there somewhere, meaning I'll get more days off. So I figure if I am good about stretching and exercising before a run and during the breaks then on my off days I can really commit to getting some good workouts.

And the truck has a fridge in it so I can bring snacks and lunch and stuff, which helps. I'm just hoping to pay off some debt, take some financial stress off myself and get focused on my health again.

I hope the best for all of you!
thewalrus0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 05:39 PM   #44  
★ Kelly ★

S/C/G: flawsome

Height: 5' 5

Hi to you Walrus! I'm with Laurie good job on catching your regain at 15 pounds.

Laurie ~ yah to spending some quality time with hubby, I think I'm in desperate need of that too athe the moment its all work and no play. Desperately looking forward to summer

Melissa ~ yes the ups and downs are frustrating, even when you know why!! The love hate relationship with the scale is a strong one. Onward and upward and all that

Diane ~ that photo!!! You look like wonder woman! I bit it felt amazing

Amanda ~~ down is down take it where you can! Sounds like you are super busy

Okay me ... I'm tettering on the edge again, I just can't seem to get into the groove. I don't know if its the fact I'm coming up to a year of this and I'm not where I want to be or if its the fact I'm so close to my next goal and have the uncanny ability to shoot myself in the foot before I get there. A part of me still believes I'm just not going to get there, and that part of me has been raising its ugly head again .. loudly. At the moment I'm maintaining but not loosing, I just seem to be eating just that little too much, hormonal too which doesn't help!!

Anyway that my moan for the day lol
MissLoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 11:47 AM   #45  
Diane

Went to spin class this morning. I felt a little sore from yesterday's workout, but in a good way. I'll go run after work today. Last night I pulled some weeds, so I got a little activity that way, too. Not fun, but I did get some pulled. I checked my weight yesterday and it is down quite a bit, so maybe the bloat is over for now. I'll wait until Monday to adjust any numbers on my ticker.

It has been a good week of workouts, and I think that will help with getting back on track with food. I haven't been great with that part. I do have a couple of workouts tomorrow morning, too. I'll go to Body Pump and then Body Flow.

MissLoud: Sorry you are struggling. It is hard, that's for sure. Just hang in there, though. Don't give up!

Walrus: Sounds like you have a good plan for your new job. Hope the weight loss keeps going for you.

BerryBlonde: It is so frustrating to be stuck! I hear you! Hang in there!