Old 08-17-2015, 12:15 PM   #76  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Had a good weekend, but I'm struggling with food choices. I seem to have lost my mojo on that part. I will say that I did some pretty hard core yard work this weekend, and I was pretty impressed that I was strong enough to do it. I trimmed trees and hauled off limbs to the back of the property by myself. My husband is out of town, but I wanted to get it done. I was pretty wiped out, but felt good about being able to finish it.

Back to spin this morning and I should go running after work. I'm just going to see how my legs feel so that I don't completely kill myself.

Amanda: Glad you're back at it this morning! Weekends are so hard.

Kelly: Looks like we all struggled over the weekend! Glad to see you here.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 01:42 PM   #77  
Amanda

S/C/G: 272.5/see ticker/172.5

Height: 5'4

Whatever I did yesterday, apparently it worked? I'm down to 257.4, so I finally broke my plateau. Perhaps cleaning is good for weight-loss? And yeah, I know I said I wasn't gonna weigh myself till next week Monday, but I HAD TO KNOW. I slept for 10 hours last night and 10 hours the night before, and I feel AMAZING. On the menu for today is more cleaning! Gonna finish vacuuming the apartment and deep clean the bathroom. Phew! Maybe that'll bring me down another half pound for tomorrow.

Diane: Food choices have to be the bane of my existence. I literally just need someone to follow me around and slap things out of my hand, like my mom when I was two. And good God, woman! That kind of yard-work is no freaking joke!! Good job! I would've lifted up the trimmers or pole-saw and just been like, NOPE. I'll just have to live in a jungle from now on.
DreadPiratePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 05:13 PM   #78  
★ Kelly ★

S/C/G: flawsome

Height: 5' 5

Okay day one done on plan .... now thats an achievement lol. Now for day two, can I string two days together such a nice day today I'll be out and about so as long as I reel it in at tea I should be fine. Stay focused.

Oh Amanda 10 hours sleep sounds like bliss, I got woken at 7 this morning with a sing song voice saying 'mum I've got a boogie' I shouldn't complain though I have brilliant sleepers I just have to stop being a night owl. Yay for breaking through the plateau!

Diane sounds like a really physical weekend, its amazing how much loosing weight impacts the little things. I found myself climbing over the school jungle gym frame yesterday, not something I would do 40 pounds ago.

Right off to music, blah things we stay at home mums do to get out of the house
MissLoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 11:16 PM   #79  
Amanda

Well, I totally didn't clean like I planned. Whoops...but I did manage to hold my kitten down long enough to trim all her nails! I need to get my butt up off my couch and go to the gym. :/ Maybe tomorrow morning before I go to my doctor's appt in the afternoon! I used to work out all the time in the morning and I lost a ton of weight, probably bc I have way more energy earlier in the day than later.

Kelly: You can do it! I've got faith in the tea-time reeling in abilities!
Old 08-18-2015, 01:10 PM   #80  
Amanda

Down to 256 as of this morning! I don't know what's going on, but I like it lol. Maybe it was the stress of finals and the lack of sleep that was keeping my weight up a little higher?
Old 08-18-2015, 01:27 PM   #81  
Diane

Just a quick post today. I actually skipped running last night and didn't work out this morning. I just felt like my legs were too tired after the crazy weekend of yard work. I just needed to sit and read my book this morning!! I think it was a good break.

Kelly: Glad you are going on to day 2!!

Amanda: I'll bet that getting some sleep and releasing a little stress probably helps a lot!
Old 08-18-2015, 05:59 PM   #82  
★ Kelly ★

Yay! Day 2 and feeling fine ... could I be getting into the groove?! Lol 2 days wow. Well I'm coming up to my 1 year anniversary and I just have to lump it that I'm not where I wanted to be *lesigh* but I think I need to rejoice in the fact I'm not where I was wedding anniversary this Saturday so maybe a night out if I can get a babysitter. Oh man went to the movies with a bunch or is it a gaggle (maybe a giggle) of girlfriends saw Trainwreck .. I don't think I've laughed that much for ages. Also I resisted the popcorn and choctop! Win!!!! Scales rewarded me with a brand new number too 224 which is helping my quest to stay on plan.

Amanda yes I think we totally underestimate the effect of stress and lack of sleep have on weightloss. Glad its coming off for you

Diane definitely have to listen to your body sometimes, although reading a book sounds a pretty good use of your time to me!

Now as much as I love your company ladies where is everyone else?? Sending you all good vibes
Old 08-19-2015, 01:02 PM   #83  
Diane

Another day off from workouts for me. I have a hip flexor that is sore, so I decided to have one more rest day, so no spin class and no running tonight. I'll go back to Body Pump tomorrow. I don't want to go too long or enjoy the rest days too much! I just have to remember that I also like the results. One thing I've been thinking about it I have about 40 pounds to go to get to my goal. Granted that goal might change once I get there, but for now, 40 more to go. So, I think that I need to get recommitted to the plan, stop with any excuses and buckle down on my food plan. Then, get to the goal! Then, maybe I can relax a little bit. I don't want to lose my focus now and not get there. So, that's my plan for the next couple of days. My husband is out of town, my son has moved into the dorms at school, and my daughter isn't around all that much, so I'm going to give myself a pep talk and get that drive back. That's the plan.

Kelly: Look at you go!! Day 2 and weight loss!! Awesomeness!

And, I agree with you. I am so glad that you and Amanda are still posting here, but boy did we lose a lot of friends from this thread recently. It makes me sad because I am afraid that they might have given up. I hope that it is just a matter of being busy. Of course, we know where Mandy (FeraFilia) is, busy growing that little boy!!! If any of our MIA's are reading... just post something! We're worried about you!!!
Old 08-19-2015, 02:44 PM   #84  
Amanda

Down to 255.8 today (YEAH BUDDY). Haven't been this low in about three weeks, so I'm feeling pretty darn good about myself right now.

And yeah, a lot of people suddenly stopped posting all of a sudden on this thread! Hopefully it's a temporary hiatus and they'll be back soon. I was tempted to just quit altogether when finals came and I started reverting back to old ways, but I'm glad I stuck it out and just ate (pun intended) the shame that came with falling off the wagon.

Come back, friends!
Old 08-20-2015, 06:27 AM   #85  
★ Kelly ★

Day 3 dun dun dun ... survived mcdonalds with peppermint tea (seriously I drank peppermint tea at McDonalds) and a snack wrap. Oh lordy if the scales don't move this week I'm in trouble lol. Now to day 4, Saturdays going to be hard dinner and a movie, also a birthday party, must plan

Yeah come back ladies! Good or bad keep posting.
Old 08-20-2015, 09:16 AM   #86  
Amanda

Yeah, but Kelly, to be honest, those snack wraps are to die for! I love them! And in a pinch, they're not that bad calorie-wise! And you do what you gotta do to make it through a McD's trip without cracking.
Old 08-20-2015, 11:44 AM   #87  
Diane

Ok, didn't work out today either. Kind of overslept. Oh well, I'll go to spin tomorrow and probably run tomorrow after work. Gotta get back to it.

Kelly and Amanda: You're doing well!!! Yay!!
Old 08-20-2015, 12:32 PM   #88  
Amanda

Diane: I dunno about doing well lol. Ate a bunch of tortilla chips with lemon and salt last night and I'm all bloated up today. Terrible. Weighed myself and refusing to post the results (it's that bad lol). Instead, I'm going to drink butt loads of water to off-set the sodium intake, work my butt off at the gym this afternoon and then eat a sushi roll for dinner tonight. And tomorrow morning I'll post my weight when I feel better about myself lol.
Old 08-20-2015, 08:12 PM   #89  
Amanda

Killed myself at the gym. I feel amazing and exhausted. Been drinking water like crazy. I'm calling today a huge success.
Old 08-20-2015, 09:27 PM   #90  
★ Kelly ★

Yay success Amanda. I've been a bit unsuccessful on the exercise front but totally on plan with diet so I'm happy, had a sneaky look at the scales this morning ... 222 eek! May that stick til Wednesday please. Day 4 down 3 weigh ins til my parents come back from oz and I'd like to be at my next goal. 7 pounds in 3 weeks?! Doable